Rebel
32 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

    The pistol slides across the room Homera's hand still gripping it. The Princess only hearing the drumming of her heart in her head lets out a despite scream unloading the rest of the rifle into the Parasite only stopping after hearing the empty rifle click a few times. Panting, scared out of her mind her once straight brown hair begins curling wildly. Staggering forward missing his right shoulder and with his ribcage exposed the parasite reaches towards the princess shaking.

   Gurgling through the blood the parasite cries out. "PRINCESS..." before collapsing.

   "Thank you..." Kairi whispers, "I just couldn't." 

   The Princess questions shaking. "Is it dead?"  

   "I think so, but Homera was our groups parasite expert." Kairi answers.

  Confused The Princess runs her fingers through her now wild hair and examining her hands watching as her fingertips glow slightly. "What..." She says under her breath as she examines the rest of herself. As she does Kairi slowly pries her pistol from Homera's hand and slowly she approaches his body slowly aiming at his stomach.

   "Kairi help me..." The parasite gurgle before snapping up possessed kicking Kairi into the wall. She slumps over motionless.

   "KAIRI NO!" The Princess cries out as she outstretches her hand the Parasites suddenly slams to the ground on all fours fruitlessly trying to stand. "I can use magic? this is coming naturally but I don't know how long I can keep this up...."

   He cries out excitedly "A gravity mage? Well seeing how you haven't killed me, yet you can't control it yet, after I you I'll be set for life! Come on princess let's see what happens first, you run out of magic, or you crush me!" 

   "Hes right ill run out of magic at this rate and then I'll be defenseless I just have to put everything I have into the spell at once and hope that's enough."

   She clasps her hands together and all the curls in her hair fall the room grows heavy the ground beneath the parasite cracks and he slams into it flattening his bones crack, suddenly she falls to the ground exhausted. 

   He stands up slowly as parts of the ceiling fall in revealing the night sky washed with red hues of the full moon now shining into the room Coldly, he remarks. "Good effort, originally I was supposed to take u back with me but now your too dangerous to be left alive. Out of respect for your effort I'll kill you nice and quick." 

   He approaches the Princess as he shapes his left hand into a point a smile drawn across his face, "Any last words?"

   "That won't be necessary." a female voice says coldly, the parasite barely reacting as a scythe tear across his torso he jumps back looking up his core went cold. Standing Infront of the princess women stood wearing a slightly tattered black robe lined with runes. Her wild curling pink hair ran down her body like a cloud reaching down to the top of her thighs. A bandage wrapped around her head covering her right eye, the other eye peered through him the red moonlight reflecting off her black eye.

   "Amazing, your puppet a dead host which in itself is impressive but not only that you managed to react at the last second. Were u in a proper host I may have had second thoughts, but this battle can only go one way." She brandishes her scythe the handle made of polished white oak; the serrated blade also covered in the same runes as her robe.

   "Black robe, pink hair and a scythe it's the rebel. I'm cursed or just plain unlucky. The rebel and a gravity mage in one day, plenty of people would kill for the chance. If only I was in a host worth a damn." He looks too the ceiling.

   "I won't let you escape." The Rebel says as she explodes from where she stood swinging for his head he ducks and fruitlessly unleashes a flurry of stabs which she blocks with the hilt of her scythe.

   As they fight the princess begins to stand dizzy and unable to witness their fight, she only sees them as a blur the room shaking and as they strike at each other. Suddenly a pair of legs fly into the bulkhead and the Parasite crashes into the floor bouncing into the wall. He drags himself up and sits against the wall placing his hand in his stomach. The rebel approaches him dragging her scythe on the ground sparks trailing behind her. She raises her scythe before she brings it down the Parasite kicks his thigh up splattering blood at her face as he rips his core from his body hurling it too the sky.

   As she wipes the blood from her eyes she laments "He got away. Damn but his core by itself won't be able to do anything without a host so he probably will sit wherever he lands and unless Hes lucky there he will stay." 

   The Princess, having regained some mana reaches out casting a gravity field on the Rebel. The ground cracks under her feet as she walks towards her effortlessly as the Rebel closes the distance she coldly says, "I've known only two other gravity mages in my lifetime they could fly through the sky, simply reach out and crush a parasites core inside its host, shape materials and build cities in minutes and much more. You don't hold a candle to them girl stop thrashing about I came to help you."  She Grabs the Princess's hand and the spell ends.

  "How did u find us? this route been safe for years." She says weakly.

  "Oh please." The Rebel shrugs. "Your magic was a beacon to anyone with who can sense it, I knew you all would be around here but wasn't sure where i heard the explosion, but this shipyard is enormous thanks for letting me know where you were."

  Surprised the princess says, "Looking for us? why?"

  With a smirk she responds, "I knew if they were moving a member of the royal family, you must be headed to the human's hidden city where the queen hides, I have to speak with her and even though I'm a parasite if I bring you there unharmed no less, I'm sure they will afford me a chance to speak at least."

  Worried the Princess says, "How do I know I can trust you."

  "Seriously? I just saved your life and you heard him any parasite would be rewarded in droves for killing a gravity mage, grown to full potential one in this age could turn the tide of the conflict. If I didn't want to work with you why not I just kill you and take the reward. Plus, you've seen firsthand what a single parasite can do and if he knew about the route you can be sure others know, without me you won't make it." She argued.

  "If we run into another parasite on our own, I'm sure we would just be fodder, I don't know what kind of state Kairis in. She did save us, and we do need her help to get to the city it's still a long trip after we get to the city, we can detain her for sure."

 "Fine you protect us, and I'll be sure my mother hears you out, though I don't know what a parasite would want to work with us for. However, you'll do as I say." She demanded.

  The Rebel smiles and says, "sure whatever you say but I won't call you by some title what's your name girl?"

  "I'm Selene, since parasite is a mouthful what should I call you?" Selene questions.

  "The parasites have been calling me the rebel. Personally, we are not given names eventually after one distinguishes themselves, they may get a title granted too them. But I'd like you too just call me... Poz."

 

1