Journal Entry 574, Sunday, the second day of Caplan
20 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My chores went quickly today. My younger brother, Ashton, is starting to get old enough to help, which makes all the work go by faster.

A man came to the house today in official-looking robes. I think he was from the church in the capital. He talked to my parents for a couple of hours, like he was an old friend, before they called me in from playing with the chickens. It was weird, because my parent's friends don't usually ask about me. I was nervous; but they told me that I was being summoned by the Capital in City Hall. I could bring someone with me, but all my family needed to stay to do the farm chores. Oh well, I guess I'll have to go alone.

He was being super mysterious, though. He wouldn't tell me why I was being summoned, only that it had to do with the Oracles. This made me nervous again.  Why would the future-seers want a 13-year old farm boy? This doesn't make any sense. But I guess it doesn't need to yet. Adults like their secrets, for some reason. I guess I'll pack. They are sending me a public carriage to bring me there tomorrow. It's a full day's travel on horseback at a full gallop, so they'll be here at the crack of dawn. I guess I should pack...but what do I pack to go to the capital? Whatever, I'll just wear my nice clothes and pack a spare. Not like I'll be gone too long...It’s not like today will be the last day I get to see my family.

2