Ch 2, Prologue II : Cutely Choosing Their Start
1.1k 9 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
'The Cutest in the Omniverse?' The being asked with a neutral tone, nothing resembling disbelief could be heard in his voice.
 
Though that was mainly due to their experience and multiple encounters of the absurd things previous players had asked of him, all of which were possible. Something like this may have been peculiar among the majority of what players have asked, but still tame in comparison to the most absurd requests.
 
'You can certainly become the Cutest in the Omniverse, but unfortunately, the points required is higher than what you have and even higher than all of the points players had received at the start combined.'
 
His enthusiasm did not decrease despite being told so as he only wanted to confirm the possibility, as he knew to become the Cutest in the Omniverse, he had to do more than spend a few points.
 
"I'm perfectly fine with that, but before anything else... can you continue with your explanation... I know you have much more to explain to me." He asked with slight embarrassment.
 
'Haha! I would have informed you regardless, so do not worry, I shall continue from where I left off.' Though the otherworldly being was not visible he had a hunch that they were smiling warmly in his direction.
 
'Some examples of how to use your points would include increasing your lifespan, giving you immense combat talent, or directly raise your combat abilities. You can ask to become a different race depending if you choose to be reincarnated or transmigrated.'
 
'You can mix and match any power you desire such as gaining an immense number of skills and abilities that are weak to become a jack of all trades or focus on one power totally to become a force to be reckoned with, the number of points you decide to invest into a power would determine its strength so you have total control on how your points are spent'
 
'Asking for enhanced strength with 2% of your points would allow you to lift 7 tons of weight the instant you reincarnate or transmigrate into the other world, while 0.1% will only allow you to lift a few hundred kilograms.'
 
His eyes bulged out in response to what he had heard, though remembering that he had more points than 85% of players gave him the perspective of how many points he actually had, once again thanking lady luck for his points.
 
"Just to ask... how much could a player in let's say... the 50th percentile lift, if he spent 2% of his points?"
 
'I am unable to disclose that information dear player'
 
"Figured as much..."
 
'Anything deemed to be temporary, consumable or not linked to the player are allowed but highly discouraged due to various reasons and we try to accommodate by suggesting the next cheapest permanent alternative'.
 
He could think of multiple reasons such as players asking for weapons or gear that could be easily lost or stolen or players using their points to buy items to give to a single player to massively buff them. They could even ask for consumables that gave others power when used and buff players or anything at all, he was surprised it was still allowed despite all of the things that could be done.
 
'If a player wishes to have a steel sword when he arrives in the other world, there are multiple suggestions we would make, from suggesting for him to be able to summon it to his side or being able to self-repair over time, though these suggestions are not wholly permanent as the sword could break, it would be similar to those who had their powers stolen or sealed, or let their skills and abilities degenerate from lack of use'
 
'If the player still insists for the item to have less permanence, we would suggest improving the item itself such as upgrading the steel sword into a mithril sword, the cost of the item increasing to the minimum cost of the original item with the minimum required permanence.'
 
"What if the player had a greater desire for permanence? How would you make suggestions for them, I'm sure you can tell the difference between the two."
 
'We most certainly can, and in those situations, we usually suggest making it soul-bound which would allow it to be summoned if lost or stolen, along with the ability to regenerate itself if broken or destroyed but at a certain cost. To us, that is a proper mark of permanence.'
 
'We would also suggest adding a growth factor or evolution factor that allows the weapons to evolve and grow stronger along with the player so they would not become obsolete at the later stages of their power and life'.
 
'I shall now begin explaining the process of the world you will be travelling to and how points can be used for them, along with various other information.'
 
He was more excited to listen to how the world he'll be going to be chosen, more excited than what powers he could pick as he had already more or less thought of what he wanted.
 
He knew that abilities, powers, and skills were the most important when going to another world since the majority of protagonists in these types of stories would struggle to adjust and survive in an unfamiliar world where death would be bliss, though he was imagining typical fantasy worlds with medieval technology and largely lacked morals and human rights.
 
The second most important thing in these kinds of stories was your beginnings, where everything starts.
 
Of the novels and stories he's read, part of them would have the protagonist start in a favourable situation or location such as in the middle of the plains with a road leading to a nearby city, or being born as the child of a noble, or even just having overpowered abilities at the start.
 
Novels that didn't follow this were ones he had immense joy in reading such as self-growth and evolution novels where the protagonists start as the weakest beings like insects, kobolds, slimes or goblins and have to fight their way through life-threatening situations and enemies to reach the top of the food chain. Novels that start the protagonist as either powerless, a slave or near death are very similar, with the protagonist changing their fate and becoming stronger.
 
'From previous surveys we had conducted, we understand the reluctance to use points for something such as the start of your new life despite its importance as it would be a very temporary thing for the majority of players. We too dislike such temporary things and had decided to gift a budget of points to all selected players to be spent on your beginnings. The number of points given is a fraction of the total points you have, but you will still be able to use your normal points to supplement it if it is not enough.
 
'The things these points could be used include how you would be transferred whether it is by transmigration or reincarnation, any world of your specifications, the location in the world where you would start and even choose the circumstances of your birth, such as being born into a poor or wealthy family.'
 
'You will be able to choose your race by either using your own points if you choose transmigration or using the beginnings exclusive points if you choose to reincarnate, only if the world you had chosen has that race. The exclusive points can be additionally used to increase your lifespan or make you younger if you had chosen to transmigrate, so you would not be disadvantaged in comparison to reincarnators.'
 
His mind was racing as he thought of countless worlds and ideas on how to start, though he calmed down and thought of a world he was sure to have fun in, his starting world didn't need to be complicated and thus he decided to go for tried and true classics.
 
"Okay then let's finally start... can you find me a world multiple times the size of Earth and has both sci-fi and fantasy elements such as advanced technology and magic, as well as kingdoms, monsters and space exploration..."
 
'Worlds with those requirements have been found, I am not allowed to reveal the number of worlds with those requirements due to the rules. At this point, you will be able to randomize the world you will be transported to as you will not be able to personally pick which world to go to due to various reasons and being able to know the number of worlds with those requirements.'
 
'You can add more requirements if needed for more points, currently randomizing with the current requirements would cost 13.2% of your exclusive points.'
 
13.2% was still an acceptable amount so he decided to add more details.
 
"Let's see... Alien civilizations are commonplace and reachable?"
 
'22.3% cost, possible worlds have been reduced by 64%'
 
It was surprising to him that just asking for that had increased the cost by 9% and decreased the number of worlds by two thirds, he didn't plan to adjust it as he wanted to travel to other planets and meet alien life forms. He did not want to be limited in choice and restricted in the future, which was the reason he wanted the world to be bigger than earth.
 
"Hmm...now that I think of it, what's the size of the smallest world amongst all the possible ones? If you're able to tell me?"
 
'As you were not specific, the smallest world among all of them is 2.032 times bigger than the earth, which fits the requirements of multiple times bigger'.
 
"Still too small for my liking... can you increase it to a minimum of 3.5 times bigger?" He asked after some thought. He wanted to properly explore every inch of his homeworld before exploring deep space.
 
'24.5% cost, possible worlds reduced by an additional 8%'
 
"Thankfully not too expensive, could you make the dominant race humanity?" Before he forgets, he made sure to go to a world where humans exist, lest he ends up in a world where there were only goblins or trolls...he refused to conform to a goblins definition of cute!
 
'46.9% cost, possible worlds have been reduced by 77%'
 
He flinched in surprise at the massive cost increase and reduction of possible worlds, though he would have liked a guarantee that humans wouldn't be oppressed by other races, he would just have to pray that wasn't the case in the world he landed in.
 
"Ugh... scratch that, make it that humanity exists as a well-known race instead."
 
'I've rescinded the previous requirement, the cost is now 31.3% and possible worlds have been reduced by 39% instead of 77%'
 
"That's better, you can go ahead and randomize the world now... lady luck, please bless me one more time!" He prayed to the mischievous god of luck to bless him once more, wishing that he got a world where humanity was dominant. On his middle monitor the text 'Randomizing World...' could be seen.
 
After a tense couple of seconds which felt like a few lifetimes, A big green and blue planet that had a completely different topography than the earth appeared on the screen, it had many more continents than the earth with most of them being even larger than the ones on earth along with countless islands sprinkled all over the planet like pimples on a teen.
 
The two other monitors lit up as they showed the statistics of the planet such as its name being Vanteria, and being 5.49 times bigger than the earth. It also covered the major countries in the world, the basic world history that even children could understand and other tidbits of useful information.
 
It confirmed that the dominant species was humanity, and along with humans, there were also other races as well.
 
On a list named 'Sapient Races' were names of familiar races such as dwarves, beast-men, elves and orcs, along with a line that said 'others'.
 
The history of the world that was given was that the world was once a pure fantasy world with monsters, dragons, heroes and even demon kings, with the heroes having used their knowledge to turn this fantasy world into a fantasy sci-fi world.
 
He couldn't help but have a mixed feeling when he saw all of the cliche fantasy races, though he expected anything and would've been happy regardless, he didn't know how to feel going to a world which such common tropes.
 
"What does 'others' mean in the list of sapient races? Could you reveal them?"
 
'As all the details shown are just the basic complementary information we are obliged to provide, we were only allowed to reveal the most prominent races in terms of population, if you wish to reveal more sapient races, you may choose to spend your exclusive points.'
 
He was fine not knowing all of the sapient races at the moment as he could find out later, he rather not spend his exclusive points which he would need for the next part.
 
He'd read through all the complementary information and compared all the countries shown, comparing their advantages and disadvantages.
He knew the perfect country to start in.
 
"I want to be reincarnated in Alcavia as a human, with my parents being decently rich and influential. I want to be born as a girl, as girly as you can make me!"
 
Just like choosing the world, you would only be able to give a general set of criteria for your start before having to randomize it. For example, if you ask for a wealthy family in a certain country, you would be randomly reincarnated to any family considered rich in that country, or if you ask to be transmigrated into a forest near a city, you would be randomly transported to any forest in the world that is relatively near to a city.
 
Alcavia was an isolated island country, being only two times as big as new york, and having a population of 14 million. It was isolated as it was far away from many countries in the world, being in the middle of the largest ocean in the world.
 
It was renowned as the country that had one of the most influential magic institutions in the world, spanning all the way back to when the world was still purely fantasy. Instead of rejecting the technology that the heroes introduced that many mages and wizards hated, they were one of the pioneers of magitech, confirmed to have summoned a hero who was a famed physicist in his previous world.
 
The famed magic institution still stands to this day that is still able to produce the most powerful and brilliant of battlemages, scientists and technomages. Alcavia is the most popular gathering place of the greatest minds in the world in this age of knowledge, giving it a special status in the world.
 
Being in conflict with Alcavia would not only have the ire of the most intelligent people in the world directed at you, but also the wrath of the entire world.
 
It was only natural that Alcavia is the most magitechnologically advanced and diverse country in the world, being at least a few decades or even a full century ahead of the world in certain technologies and or magical practices. There was no doubt that you would be able to see almost all of the races in the world in Alcavia.
 
'From your description, I have set the criterion for your family to be in the upper-middle-class in relation to within Alcavia as an average working-class Alcavian citizen could easily match the wealth and prestige of upper-middle-class citizens in the majority of the world.'
 
"I knew it was an amazing country from the basic information but wow... that puts things in perspective. Just being born there should cost quite a hefty sum, how much would it be?
 
'85.83% of your exclusive points would be needed which exceeds your unused points by 17.13%, would you like to supplement the exceeded amount with 1.43% of your normal points?'
 
"No thanks, I rather make the best use of my normal points by investing them into myself instead of my start, could you change the criterion to only pick from the lowest of those considered upper-middle-class families until I have 10% of my points left?"
 
'You are of a large number that refused to use their normal points for their beginnings for which I can understand, for your new criterion, I have adjusted it accordingly and possible families have been reduced by 89%'
 
"Upper-middle-class is upper-middle-class, especially know that ranking would change if you were to compare it to the entire world. For the last 10% of my budget... I'd like loving, kind and unrestrictive parents, as much as 10% allows."
 
He added such a huge chunk of his exclusive points to the personality of his parents as not only did he want to be unrestricted in his new life and not be chained down by their expectations or rules, he also wanted to experience the love a parent can give to their child, parents who would properly appreciate a cute little girl, as this was the destiny he wanted, nothing will change it.
 
'Criterion has been added, possible families have been reduced by 97%, would you like to randomize now?'
 
"Do it!"
 
 
 
47