Ch 4, Prologue IV : Three Aspects of Cuteness
929 5 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
There were three fundamental aspects, aspects he had found after coming to his own conclusion on the essence of cuteness.
 
Physical Cuteness: to see something as cute. From puppies and cartoon characters to anything small, physical appearance is a fundamental aspect of cuteness, it determines someone's first impression as they see you. Though in the modern age, people try to advocate that appearance is superficial and shouldn't matter in a modern society, there is no changing that how you look is an enormous part of how people see and treat you.
 
Behavioural Cuteness: to find certain actions and behaviours cute. From hair twirling, head tilting, accent, how you sneeze and mispronouncing words, these are some examples of behavioural cuteness. It is the most subtle of the three aspects but equally important as constant interaction is the key for behavioural cuteness to take effect, as they come to notice your small quirks and habits and would slowly see you as cuter for more than just your appearance.
 
Though behavioural cuteness is based on mainly natural and organic actions and habits, it can also be created artificially by acting cute or doing cute things like having a catchphrase or making cute sounds. This kind of artificial cuteness is something a lot of people do and even something those embodying a character would do, like Vtubers. But exaggerating these actions or doing them excessively can have the opposite effect and be seen as cringe-inducing or unpleasant instead of cute.
 
Internal Cuteness: to find the personality, character or existence of something to be cute. It is the most intricate aspect of cuteness as it embodies concepts, emotions and unseen factors and how our minds relate those to cuteness. There are people who see those who are passionate or hardworking as cute, or those who are joyful and carefree as cute. There are those who find the entirety of a single person to be cute or those that see stories or someone's lifestyle as cute. It was an esoteric aspect that he couldn't properly explain in words.
 
As someone who had been a Vtuber for two decades, he's not only embodied and applied these three aspects. He's also interacted with countless other Vtubers and online entertainers with their own unique kinds of cuteness, from the classic cuteness of bubbly and fun girls to the gap moe that cool characters and personalities display, to the hardworking cuteness of obscure Vtubers that never quit on their loyal fans and finally had their hard work pay off once they came into the limelight.
 
He had also always played as the female or cutest character on any game for as long as he could remember, and always acted cutely and femininely online. After so many experiences and getting to know the different flavours of cuteness, he finally understood the true essence of cuteness.
 
Though cuteness constituted of these three aspects, the purpose, the essence of cuteness was only one thing.
 
Cuteness brought positive emotions to others.
 
One thing he knew about cuteness was that everyone had their own standards, one's criteria for cute could differ greatly from another's, one could have high or low standards for cuteness, no two people would ever have the same standards.
 
Though there was one criterion everyone had, if it brought them joy, if it brought them feelings of happiness. If it put a smile on their face or brought fuzzy feelings to their chest. Cuteness would always bring good feelings to others.
 
It didn't matter what you found cute, if it was a show or a toy or a person, as long as it brought you positive feelings then it is surely cute regardless of what others tell you.
 
He wanted to become a person like that, someone who could bring joy and happiness to others just from his existence. He's experienced what it was like to have a positive influence on others from being a Vtuber and all the times someone had sent a message to him that he pulled them out of a bad place or cheered them up on a bad day. He wanted to continue doing so in his new life and forevermore.
 
Becoming the Cutest in the Omniverse was an impossible goal he set to always strive to improve and never stagnate, but he'll be running for the goal regardless of how far it was.
 
After looking through his notebooks on power and abilities, and his notebook based on cuteness, he wrote down some ideas on powers based on cuteness and those that would help him improve his cuteness. After over an hour of writing, editing and perfecting the cuteness-based powers and asking the otherworldly being some questions for clarification, he finally created powers he was satisfied with having in his new life.
 
"For 25% of my points, I would like the power of body manipulation and long term body modification, the modification process will prioritize cuteness foremost followed by my desires."
 
Though what he had described was very vague and undescriptive, the otherworldly being had explained they knew some players would be unable to properly describe their wants in words, whether it was too complicated to explain or being mute. They explained that they would be able to grasp the essence based on the players' unseen desires like they were reading your mind.
 
Body manipulation in his desires was the total control over your body, being able to do simple things like turn off pain receptors, control the generation of chemicals and hormones in the body, such as adrenaline and oxytocin and would allow him to become extremely athletic easily from having precise control over every part of his body.
 
Things people had to practice for years to build muscle memory he would be able to do within a day.
 
The long term body modification would allow him to slowly modify his body to his desires like making him taller, changing his skin tone, or making his eyes bigger. He would be able to modify his organs and make improvements in their efficiency or even relocate them.
 
Though 25% seemed like too much for such a power that didn't seem to offer the game-breaking advantages in a fantasy sci-fi world. He also desired the power to be able to grow and improve whether it was over time or through his own efforts and research.
 
If he had asked for a pure transformation and body morphing power, it would be much more costly and leave almost nothing for growth and potential, making it so that the power couldn't improve past its original state. A lot of the cost in the power went towards this growth and potential.
 
That was also why he specifically made the modification ability long term to reduce cost and the fact that he would only be able to do external changes over a long period without people noticing the obvious changes. He would need to take advantage of his childhood as it was the stage in life where constant changes in your body were nothing strange.
 
"Next, for 45% of my points, I would like the ability to charm others with my cuteness, the cuter I am to them, the more effective I am able to charm them. Regardless of their perception of cuteness, I will always be able to be perceived as cute by others. I will also be able to understand others' desires for cuteness."
 
The first part of the power would be akin to a sort of mind control, and though stereotypically seen as an evil ability, there was no doubt about its strength. Those heavily affected by the power would be akin to brain dead fans.
 
The second part of the power would not force anything to automatically think of him as cute, having trying to do that was way too expensive and he wouldn't want to force cuteness onto anyone anyways. The power will only give them the ability to find him cute, like if they had no concept of cuteness or had a widely different sense of cuteness.
 
The last part would allow him to sense what others found cute and characteristics and traits they associate with cuteness and allow him to better charm them with his cuteness.
 
"For my final 10%, I would like to have my soul and cuteness intrinsically linked, I want my cuteness to be linked to my soul and give me a better understanding of cuteness the cuter I am."
 
His final ability is something he didn't put too much thought into, only stating something vague, as even he wouldn't know what would come of it, the one thing he desired for it though was that his cuteness linked soul would be able to increase his instinctual behavioural cuteness.
 
"Lock it all, I'm finished." After a few silent moments, he finally decided to leave everything unchanged, thinking there was no point dwelling on what he could change or improve, he'd been told some players had spent years or lifetimes in their own isolated spaces thinking of the 'perfect' set of powers and trying to be as efficient as possible with every percent of their points. He didn't want to stay here for even a day longer.
 
'Congratulations candidate, you have used up all of your points and are ready to be transferred to the other world, before doing so, I would like to inform you since you are aware of the three rules, that you are still able to back out of this chance and return to your normal life in your current world due to having been selected while alive.'
 
He was surprised that the otherworldy being reminded him, though he had remembered the three rules and was aware even before they'd reminded him. He cleared away his thoughts, there was no reason to try and understand their motives, deciding to focus on the new world he was going to, his new world.
 
"There's no way I'll choose to stay here, though there's one thing I still need to do..." Though the world he lived in wasn't the most exciting to him, he had a lot of good memories here and still enjoyed his current lifestyle of entertaining people as a Vtuber and having fun and relaxing every day. He wanted to say a last goodbye to all of them before going away forever.
 
"Can I... stay for a few more hours to say goodbye to my world?" Though he wanted to have a proper goodbye, he had no idea if there were any rules against it or if the otherworldly being would be allowed to do anything.
 
'Hahaha! Don't look so worried dear player, for those selected and had a meaningful life they wish to say goodbye to, we offer a period of up to 24hrs to stay in your world and do whatever you like, for those that were living you can murder and kill your enemies or say goodbye to your friends and loved ones, regardless of what happens, even in death, you would be sent to your next world after 24hrs.'
 
'For those who had died before selection or during the 24hrs, they would only be able to wander around the world as ghosts, being unable to interact with anything. For their benefit, they would be allowed to travel anywhere instantaneously to see the wonders of the world one last time or even see their distant loved ones in person, this is the most we can offer them.'
 
"A whole day huh? That's enough time for me..."
 
'I shall not see you again after your 24hrs, dear player. You will be sent straight to your new world without a second of delay. I wish you good fortune in your next life and hope you create a wonderful story for all to see. Farewell.'
 
With those words and a single blink, his computer returned to normal, with his guild entering the dungeon entrance to fight the raid boss.
 
He took out his phone and hurriedly set a timer for 23hrs 59min. The first thing he did was inform his viewers and guild member that he'll be pausing his stream and the raid for an hour due to an urgent matter, wanting to make the most of his final 24hrs on earth.
 
For an hour, he looked around the home he, his parents and his grandparents had lived in. As his parents had died while he was still a baby, they had not bought a house yet at the time and had lived together with his maternal grandparents.
 
Having no memories of his parents, he reminisced the memories he had of his grandparents who had raised him, his grandparents weren't particularly fun, strict or interesting, but they provided him with the things he needed and gave him plenty of love and support.
 
After wandering in his dust-covered home, looking through all of the rooms and items, he reentered his room and continued his stream, directly addressing his viewer.
 
"Hey everyone...I'll have to cancel the dungeon raid for the moment, I have an extremely important announcement to make..."

---
I hope you enjoyed reading! leave a comment plz ;-;

Join the discord for chapter previews and more!
https://discord.gg/JbMr9wRX7K

41