Gathering
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chase got out of the shower, his hair was still wet. While water droplets were running drown from his hair to his neck. Chase placed the towel on his neck to stop the water. He had removed his contacts, his bright blue eyes were giving him a complete feel but rather than making him look more angelic they made him feel like a fallen Angel. They reflected his indifference but not a single thought could be read from them as if Chase had a void inside him. Despite that his mind was constantly working, he had to make a call to his brother, even while showing he was repeating the sentences in his mind that he was going to say but in end, he just wanted to message or write an e-mail. 

The youngster opened the bedside drawer to find a spare mobile phone and sim card though he was a hacker, it was better to be cautious than sorry. The call and messaging app were hard to trace but they weren't untraceable.

Ring....1...2...3...4...5...6

The call was received but there was still silence from the other side as if the other party was waiting for, Chase to say something first.

"Hello, brother."

"You still remember to call, did the cat (Obi) got caught?"

Chase sigh in relief after hearing the dominant voice from the other side. It was screaming danger but Chase didn't show any negative emotion despite that, contradictory he was relax. As if Nicolas couldn't harm him it was more like the other party will never harm him no matter what be it intentional or unintentional.

"Caught? He said it with his mouth." Chase laughed as if he was in a good mood telling his brother this.

"Really? Chase the weather is changing you should get yourself a sweater."

Chase didn't move after hearing that. It was simply what Nicolas meant by changing weather, the organization was going to get unstable these days he needed Chase to play safe. The organization was notoriously known as the gathering of mafia leaders. It had a legacy of hundreds of years, a secret society unknown to normal people who still believed the world was white and black when in reality it was grey. This, it was no surprise organization was always unstable, Chase doesn't even remember the last time it was stable. Hacker forum was also a part of the organization but was greatly underestimated by other members, it was because it always took a neutral stance towards everything not involving itself with anyone. More or less it made everyone think that the hacker forum was afraid of troubles which were 100% true. Chase never mind being called a coward.

Hearing the long pause from the other side Nicolas seemed to be assured.

"Focus on your studies."

The phone was cut before Chase could say anything. He should have written a mail instead if this was going to be like this. Anyways it was nothing much compared to his defeat today.

Chase entered the computer room once again. Mr Steve was still the mayor of city M. This time there shouldn't be any flaws.

--------

Unlike other times Mr Petrov asked for a meeting in a cafe. Kira couldn't help herself but laugh after seeing the old man in casual clothes sipping his coffee at a corner table. He called her yesterday and today he meets.

"B-Uncle"

Kira sat down when the old man glared at her for saying boss at first but the glare subdued in instant. 

"How is your fiance?" Mr Petrov question made Kira flinch why was he asking it anyway? Wasn't he the one who said Ivan wasn't a great choice? 

"Better than what you think."

"I see arrogant as always."

Both Kira and Mr Petrov laughed after saying that but their eyes were saying otherwise

The waiter who came to take the order got afraid after seeing sparks between them. His voice wasn't coming out.

"Mam....order."

"A Latte."

Kira gave the waiter her order as she wanted him to go away. After he left she could only blame the old man for that.

"Look he got scared because of you. Last time Ivan was also scared if my marriage breaks what I am gonna do, old man? I don't wanna live like that son and daughter of yours."

Kira placed her head on the table as if she was crying her heart out. As Ivan was the only person who accepted her as she is, she doesn't wanna die single. Mr. Petrov could only sigh after seeing this, one was just too eager to marry while the other ran 10 miles away on the word of marriage. But where was the other one?

"Sorry, for being late."

It was Charles. He seemed to be directly coming from the office, as he was still wearing a suit. 

"Son, you are finally here."

Charles sat down, as Mr Petrov was full of energy just by seeing him. Mr Petrov ordered a coffee for Charles but was stopped by Charles saying he quitted. The waiter was surprised after seeing the old man acting cheerful as if he wasn't the one who was sending draggers to the woman just a few minutes ago. Was he not embarrassed at all? The guy pondered on the thought before resuming his work thinking 'there were all types of people in the world'.

On the table, Kira felt as if she had been quiet for too long.

"So, uncle how are we going to do something that crime branch couldn't?"

Mr Petrov sipped his coffee before looking at both of them with a knowing look.

"I want both of you to work for the government once again."

"Impossible!"

"Boring!"

Charles and Kira exclaimed one after another. It was clear both of them either couldn't go back or didn't yearn to. Mr Petrov looked at them as if they were some kind of aliens.

"I am talking about government jobs, job security, great pay, pension, holidays how many profits there are."

"I can make more money working for companies don't you think?"

It was Charles who said that he sounded serious but somewhere his thoughts were wandering off in past.

"And I can just rob those companies for money." Kira interrupted the old man who looked completely defeated in front of the younger generation.

"Okay, then I guess both of you only have the choice of working unofficially."

"Why they let me get involved before so what's the problem now?" Charles asked the which was also right. Some of the higher-ups from the crime branch knew him and his past achievements thus gave him special permission.

Mr Petrov sigh before he gave Charles a piece of bad news.

"No more, before calling you today I met with some of my colleagues. They said Z is after the Mayor of the city this time, they don't want any mistakes to happen, hence they are appointing a team of special officers. So-"

Charles raised his brows at the mention of special officers, how many times has this happened before? Even he was once specially appointed to catch Z but he had to f*cked up. 

"So, you are telling us to do illegal things." Charles got up from his seat and started to leave. Mr Petrov tried to stop him but he knew this wasn't going to work.

Thud.

0