Kicked Out
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Grekov put the phone away after his 'yes sir' session. Sighing was the only thing he could do. He was one of the most brightest among his peers. Not only did he got a position as a special officer at his age but also solved many cases but here he was now bootlicking politicians. He couldn't put in words the disappointment he was feeling.

He look at the report in his hand questioning himself. What was he finding? A unknown, faceless, person who knew his game, the answer was simple but tricky at the same time.

"You can leave." Officer Grekov ordered the junior to leave but something clicked him from the reports.

"Wait." 

"Yes, sir." The junior was already used to eccentric behaviour of his superior. He was also a member of the special team appointed with a great record, he was under the same pressure that.

"Did the team investigate Mayor Steve?" The junior looked puzzled on the question. What was officer Grekov even asking? It didn't took much time for Grekov to realise it himself as what he just said. He quickly send the junior out of his office before sitting down on his seat once again.

No one in the office had idea that all of their conversation was bring recorded and saved in certain silver haired youngster's computer. Mostly because the teenager wanted to sleep today so saving them for later was appropriate. Chase didn't specifically arranged any recorders to record anything but was using the officer's cellphones and other digital appliance to record. 

In the digital world privacy was really something not everyone could afford. Being a hacker Chase understood it very well. Cause he didn't possessed it himself, only when he was Z, he could have his own space, his own opinions. 

It wasn't only crime department who were being spyed on. Obi got a messaged on messaging app. It was brief report about Charles Zimin and general Petrov's relationship with a note that Park has left country A after a signing a contract with a business man named Alan. Obi messaged the person not to investigate further in Park's case. If the guy were to know that he was investigating him it wouldn't be good.

On the other side officer Grekov dialled number with his private phone. Which ranged in Kira's appartment but after seeing the id she ignored the called. But officer Grekov was persistent, leaving her no choice but to pause her game and answer her phone.

"Hello, Kira."

"Give me good reason that you are calling your ex late at night, if you don't have one, I am going to smash your head." Kira didn't give officer Grekov a chance to finish his sentence. She was lecturing him about his manners.

"Will you listen to me?"

"I have a fiance and soon a husband Mr. Grekov."

"I am not calling you for that. Can you please listen to me for a moment? Let me talk." Kira was silent this time but for not long.

"Aren't you talking right now? If you are done, I cutting the call."

"No, please. Can we meet? One last time I promise you it's not about our relationship. It's about work."

"Yeah, yeah i believe you." Kira cut the call without listening further.

Officer Grekov could only sigh once again in frustration. Why was this woman always like this? 

He didn't considered the fact that Kira and he broke up on bad terms due to his hypocrisy at all.

Apartment-

Next day Chase only woke up to hear all the recordings as there wasn't anything in his schedule. Chase put his head phone and was listening to the conversations of the the special team of crime branch. His expectations from the crime branch was high as the government didn't arranged anytime in gatherings those officers for the mayor's safety. From Chase's observations until now whenever he went after someone 'the more the power the more the struggle'. Just like a goldfish that was taken out of his bowl. 

Chase heard the whole recording except Grekov's call with his ex which Chase could careless for. Even he was annoyed at the fact that they didn't investigate Mayor. Though he didn't mind always being painted as the bad guy that didn't mean he was always the only bad guy. A story can always have two villains and no hero.

But the fact that mayor's associates weren't concerned about the his public appearances was actually good for him. He didn't wanted to waste much time in country A after his the first fail attempt.

Chase finished his work in the computer room soon, in 3 hours. Well, it was soon considering Chase's habit of practically living in the computer room during some instances. 

But even after sitting on the piano for almost half hour and trying to focus he just couldn't get into it.

"Should I go out?" Chase stood in the middle of the piece as he had enough of it.

"Just get out, Chase. Should I show you the exit?" Obi said with anger as he was in middle of his work, making Chase suprise cause he didn't know about Obi working there. Unconsciously Chase's sight lingered on the paper Obi was holding but he retreated it soon without Obi noticing.

"Okay bye, then." Chase felt awkward while saying that. Shouldn't people make some sound if they are present? Why was Obi silently just sitting there? Was he sitting even when he couldn't focus? Chase had many questions which he couldn't ask resulting in him taking his leave in silence which Obi wished for.

0