He loves music (?)
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Crime branch-

Grekov looked at the picture of the punk-looking guy. He wasn't sure if Jason White was lost or it was just a publicity stunt. His brows tensed thinking of the various possibilities, country A was a safe country but it wasn't heaven.

He put the photograph down and decided to focus on Z's case. Unlike other cruel criminals he saw in his career, Z was on a different level. He used public opinion to his power. 

Z as a hacker not only hacked into government systems but publish about corruption and frauds happening on public forums. Giving himself an anti-corruption figure look, many followed him. But it was a fact that he was spreading unrest in masses against the government.

Many of the people praising Z forgot his career started from wreaking havoc in one of the most prestigious government organization. Resulting in the system being closed down for a week. Enough to put him in jail for 3-5 years.

Ringing...

Grekov heard the ringing of the landline, making him miss the phone he lost to Kira, yesterday. She was still busy trying to get entry into the hacker forum on the country T's side but she couldn't fulfil the requirements of the forum.

"Hello, good morning sir." Grekov voice was polite but it didn't have any glimpse of fakeness it had with the mayor's subordinate. He stood up from his seat in reflex.

"Officer Grekov I heard you met Kira, yesterday." General Petrov was checking the waters. Whether or not Grekov was okay with Kira's involvement in the case?

He could just put a request to Grekov, for letting Kira and Charles get involved in Z's case. And George would need to comply due to general Petrov's influence. But general Petrov was against using his powers for personal or professional gain.

Not to mention the rift both Kira and Grekov had with each other, decreasing the possibility of them working, peacefully. General Petrov was also guilty of matchmaking both of them together.

"Yes, there were some things I wanted to discuss with her...I am actually guilty of using your name, sir." Grekov uttered the sentence with the feeling of guilt still lingering on to him. "She wouldn't have helped without it."

He tried his last shot of trying not to cover up his wrongdoing.

Despite hearing that general Petrov didn't flinch at all, he expected it. But his heart was telling him, Kira didn't agree because of his name. The old man knew her too well to believe that.

"Officer if you are comfortable maybe you can meet Kira and an ex-criminal psychologist regarding the case?" Grekov didn't mind the idea, he kind of had an idea who the other person was. And was more than happy to meet his old acquaintance.

________

Computer room- 

Chase had a grim expression on his face while looking at the computer screens. His luck had taken a wrong spin the moment he landed in this country. 'Who's face did he saw in the country A? He should have been making music right now.'

Chase glide his fingers across the keyboards, opening several windows on the screen. There was no need for him to mask his IP since he used a forged one while phishing the crime branch officer. Provoking the other party.

But it surprised him, the other party didn't seem slow, defenceless as he initially thought crime branch computer experts to be. 

He wasn't mocking anyone, but it was a fact that most government systems were vulnerable and outdated. 

There was now a likelihood of the other party trying to trespass in the hacker forum of his side. Chase made sure it shouldn't happen by increasing the requirements of the forum.

He now only needed to vacate the room he used during his failed plan. He hadn't had any time to take care of it.

Chase opened another folder named Mayor Steve containing a bunch of videos and photographs. One of the photos named Jason White.

Chase bit his lip and started one of the clips showing Josh White roaming in the hotel, telling his audiences about the different places he was going to cover. The footage after that was to blur and disconnected. 

Chase's pupils dilated seeing that, despite discovering some pieces of evidence of corruption, he was helpless with Jason's case. 

After finally trying to solve all the possible things that could go wrong, Chase got change into thick clothes. It wasn't still much cold in city M but his standards of cold were pretty different from city M.

He took a subway, his destination was JJ's friend's recording room. He didn't like the fact it was far away but it was still acceptable. He was already running pretty late considering he had a photo shoot in the evening. 

Chase entered the room with the key given by JJ. It was in a quiet neighbourhood and had decent space. 

A wooden old piano was sitting in one corner of the room. The keys showed how many times it was played. There were many cassettes on the shelves which Chase found weird. 'The owner must love music' he thought. Not knowing his sentence was contradictory to what he said this morning.

_________

Mayor's Office-

Liam entered the office, a man in his 50s was already present there. He already encountered the man's assistant outside the weird office.

"Haha, Mr Gallon you don't have to worry about it." Mayor Steve looked at Liam who was holding the teacups. He signed him to put them down.

Liam complied by placing them down when his sight fell on the contract Mayor Steve was signing. He gulped some saliva. 'Wasn't this the same contract mayor rejected during his election speeches.'

Liam decided to feigned ignorance to things. He had already seen enough, not to know when to shut his mouth. But it was still hard for him to think of the loving father and mayor as the same person.

0