Alcohol
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Caution: There might be some subtle triggering situation in the chapter)

Opus bar, city M.

"Are you new here?" The woman was wearing revealing clothes, trying to flirt with the young bartender. The blue eyes guy smiled at the beautiful lady and her group of friends in front of him while serving them their drinks.

"Yes, college fund. You know the rest?" His newly dyed jet black hair gave a reddish glow as if he represented the devil's side. He was good at keeping the young ladies in front of him entertained even while not talking much himself. 

'These idiot people. At least be sober in the afternoon.' Chase filled another drink for the man who seemed to be cheating on his wife.

The bar was dimly lit and was bustling even in the afternoon. Cause it wasn't a normal bar to start with. At first sight, it was another high-end bar. But the number of criminal activities that took place here by those in the power could even outnumber most mafia's these days.

"What are you studying?" The same woman from before asked in a low voice. Chase needed to tilt his head towards her to listen to her but she took advantage of the opportunity by running her hand through his hair. 'Damn.'  

Chase pulled himself back immediately. The lingering touch left a dark feeling in his heart. He clearly remembered applying for the job of bartender not as a speculation. He holds the bottle of whiskey tightly in his hand while pouring it. 'She wasn't his target today.' He told himself taking a breath.

His expression didn't change even after the incident as he converses with the lady who seemed to get drunk beyond her limit. Her friends tried to stop her but her behaviour didn't change. 'He really should have applied

"How about a duet with me, I will pay you?"

Chase's eyes darkened with hate and amusement. It was his first time hearing the word duet for sex. He detested the sexual advance while he felt amused at what words she was going to use next. If he had time right now he would have slept with her just to hear her describe various words in her way.

"No." Chase rejected her confidently being as blunt as possible. The hate in his eyes was clear for her so was the fake smile on his face. But nobody in dim lighting seemed to be noticing his eyes over his face. If she wasn't a drunk woman he would have been planning to teach her a lesson at this point. 

"ALEX..." Chase heard the voice of the manager calling him as he moved swiftly behind the bar counter. He excused himself by getting help from the person working 

"Yes, sir." Chase walked towards a man who looked quite young for his white hair. Chase followed behind him in a small room which was the manager's office. 

"Alex, it's your first day at work..." Chase knew from the first sentence of the manager what he was going to explain to him in the next 5 minutes. Chase cringe at thinking the formula was the same all over the world in his mind.

"I have to reject it, sir." Chase put his head down as if he didn't have the guts to look at the manager in the eye. But it was quite the opposite. 

"No, it's okay." Chase felt the old man's hand on his shoulder patting him. "You can tell me if you change your mind."

'No, his current one was working fine.' Chase smiled at the old man as the man smiled back accepting a card from the man. They looked at each other for five seconds. "I have to check the stock in the back." 

Chase excused himself. Playing with the card with his finger he walked to the storage room. In meantime, he was eyeing every camera every blind spot in the bar as he walked past them. He opened a door of the store filled with different kinds of alcohol and flour (drugs). Chase moved to the very corner of the room where his bag was lying. He removed the black gloves from his hand that was covering his fingertips.

His laptop screen was divided into six sub-screens showing different camera footages. One showed a man 6 foot, brown-haired that was probably the Mayor secretary, he walks into the high-end private room with two bodyguards. The man and the other bodyguards made sure there weren't any audio-visual devices planted which were plenty. But they didn't have an eye for them.

Chase was the one to clean that room today on the mangers order. It gave him a great opportunity to do his main job while slacking on the side job. Chase bit his lips not seeing the Mayor. It was already past the time Chase was disappointed not seeing either Mayor Steve or Mr Gallon.

*Ding* Chase turned off the timer in his watch. It was time to go back to work. He closed the laptop screen sliding it back in the bag. 'He only needed to wait for his prey to get in the trap he set.' 

"You were taking your sweet time in there." Chase put down the box of alcohol trying to come up with some random excuse. He couldn't comprehend. 'Why was this guy so salty?'

Public Washroom, 

The moon shone brightly in the night sky. Chase put his black contacts on looking at his reflection in the mirror. 'He was back to being Chase Xavier.'

Despite finding the contacts a hassle. He wore them every time without forgetting. His silver-haired were still wet as a result of him removing the temporary dye. He put the bartender uniform and nameplate in a plastic bag along with his black gloves. They were going in the trash.

The silver-haired gathered his things in his backpack, ready to leave. He didn't know if the proofs he gathered were enough. The White's could have been his breakthrough but the media was having their sweet time with the case right now. He felt his phone buzzing in his jacket's pocket.

*Ring* 

"Hello, Obi." Chase put the phone away from his ear knowing there was going to be a blast on the other side.

"Chase...where the fuck are you? There is only a fucking hour left before the radio show. Are you fucking kidding me? Come here you fool."

"Are trying some terrible rap song?" Chase spoke carefreely calculating what was the best route. As he glanced at the mirror remembering the touch on his neck by the woman. The dark feeling in his heart returned but Obi's voice brought him back to reality.

"Come here, you idiot." 

0