Prologue
87 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Prologue

The blow made little boy stagger before a firm hand grabbed his arm and dragged him to the ground.

- Dad, I'm sorry! Dad, sorry! I better! Don't hit me again! I'm sorry !

- The farm ! Useless waste!

The second blow landed on his face, stopping the five-year-old's moaning, blood pouring from his mouth. 

The door of the cage opened and the child was violently thrown inside, his head banging against the stone wall. 

Luckily not strong enough to open his skull.

The child huddled against a corner, crying softly. 

His arms were covered in bite marks and his complexion was sickly.

- Mom...

The child moaned softly, begging for a mother he had never seen but imagined to be sweet and loving unlike his father.

XOXO

- AaAAAAaaaah!

The heartbreaking cry of the 8 year old child, forced the scientist to take a look at the man a little further, immersed in his documents, frowning.

The body was shaking violently and the veins were visible even on the child's face, which was in great pain. 

 The scientist took a syringe and a dose of painkiller but looked up when she felt a sinister look on her back.

- What are you doing ?

- The little...

- You want to falsify my numbers?

The scream of the child's father made her start and she put the painkiller back.

"He could die of a heart attack at this rate," the scientist muttered resentfully.

"Well then, he dies," replied the man, annoyed.

The scientist says nothing more, concentrating on the results of the experiment.

XOXO

- It's a failure.

The man's defeatist voice echoed for a long time in the laboratory. 

The scientist sighed before continuing aloud, recording the latest results.

- The patient has grown successfully with the cores of Sun and Moon however, the balance remains unstable and the patient will eventually die sooner or later at the slightest fluctuation. It's a fail.

The man swung his arm against the items on the desk. 

Breaking in his anger ten years of his life.

The scientist, looked at the fifteen-year-old, strapped to the bed. They had started experimenting on him when he was five. 

She felt a little bitter about the result. 

The teenager was skinny and his body was a mess. 

He opened his mouth and the woman had to move closer to be able to understand what he was saying in a trembling breath.

- Am I a failure?

The woman patted her hair spread out on the pillow. 

The only place that shouldn't hurt him. 

She couldn't take it away from him, the kid had done his best to cooperate despite the pain. 

She felt disappointed, however, that at the very end, what was impossible remained impossible.

- Its good. It's finish. There will be no more experience. she whispered. 

What she does not say, however, is that the child could now die at any time.

The teenager cried silently, they were tears of blood, one of the sequels of the products that had been injected into him. 

Maybe it would, maybe not. 

A sad smile appeared on the youthful face with cracked lips.

She looked away. 

At least he wouldn't be tortured anymore.

XOXO

- Sir,

The man who was waiting in the living room, looked at the teenager who was pulling on his jacket. 

The 16-year-old was skinny and clutched his visibly broken left arm with his right hand. He was also limping and wearing clothes that were too small for him. 

He looked up at him hopefully. He didn't even seem surprised by the man's garnet gaze.

- Sir, please help me. My father hits me and locks me in a cage.

The man raised an eyebrow and removed the hand holding his jacket with a gesture.

- I don't like humans and even less cowardly humans who rely on others to save themselves. If he hits you kill him or go to the police. I wouldn't do it for you.

The glimmer of hope disappeared from the child's eyes and there he remained. Motionless.

- I only help brave children. He added finally in front of the obvious desperation.

- What are you doing here?

Lord Gerdnam roared in the living room and the child cowered in fear.

- Go back to your room! My apologies, Lord Delvin, it's a kid I picked up and I'm in trouble with nothing.

- He's not your son? wondered Lord Delvin.

- What ? God forbid, I'll never get over it if I had such a waste for a son. I had compassion once and kept it with me but it's useless. However, I have a daughter, she just turned ten, she's a real genius.

Lord Gerdnam led Lord Delvin to his office, sprawling over his only daughter.

The child was slumped as he left the drawing room, but Lord Delvin soon forgot about him. 

He didn't care about human affairs.

XOXO

- Don't worry, he won't be able to hurt you anymore.

The 17-year-old looked at the policeman expectantly, the glass of water he had given him shaking in his hands. 

He was sitting at the police station after he managed to escape, and the officers had just arrested his father. 

He had seen him pass with handcuffs on his hands. 

He was scared but he had done it. He got out of this hell with his own hands.

However, he didn't have to wait long before the door opened again, the chief of police laughing and joking with his father, occasionally bowing respectfully.

The teenager looked at the policeman with fear. The policeman also seemed confused.

- Chief ?

- Ah Lieutenant Sinn, it's good, it's good, it's a misunderstanding but everything has been settled now. The little one can leave with his father.

- Sorry ? But...

The lieutenant grimaced as the chief of police's grip tightened with a warning look. 

The lieutenant gritted his teeth and nodded limply.

- Oh! A mistake, of course, of course...

- Mr. Policeman? The teenager asked as his father laid a scary hand on his shoulder.

The lieutenant turned away not meeting her gaze.

- Nope ! Nope ! I don't want to go back! Pity ! Help me !

The teenager struggled screaming but the punch he received caused him to collapse to the ground, vomiting some bile.

An uneasy silence invades the police station. But the Chief of Police smiled and laughed as he helped the teenager to his feet.

- Well then big boy, did you slip?

His father grabbed his arm, annoyed, dragging him forcefully.

- Well captain, it was a pleasure, let's resume our discussions a little later. I'll invite the Dean of the university, I'm sure there must have been a mistake with your son's file.

- Of course, of course ! The Captain smiled.

Everyone looked away. 

Corruption was common and a mere employee couldn't do anything about it anyway.

XOXO

- What? Is he retarded now?

The doctor shook his head as he looked at the teenager who was watching them in silence.

- No, it's a self-defense mechanism. You told me he miraculously survived with two cores didn't you? If he is still alive, it is probably because he maintains a precarious balance between his two cores. The nuclei are influenced by emotions. He lives in the present moment. It's not really recklessness, it's just that he doesn't know what can make him unstable. All the things that seem complicated to him are boiled down to likes or dislikes. It's better than coming completely indifferent in my humble opinion. He has a lot of mental strength. And a strong will to live.

Lord Gernam looked at his son who was smiling like a fool. 

He shivered in disgust. 

He thought that this useless son was going to die one day or another by himself from the instability of his cores but in the end, he had become a fool to continue living.

- Very well. Thank you Doctor.

gave Then Gerdnam him an extra wad of cash to keep his mouth shut and looked at the young man who had ruined his life for 18 years. He was looking at an empty vase on the sideboard as if it were a work of art.

-Throw it. His wife sighed. He is eighteen years old now, we no longer have the obligation to take care of him.

Lord Gerdnam nodded, he had to send his own daughter to boarding school so that his environment would not be polluted by this ball.

- OK. Let's throw it away.

XOXO

Zhiyu looked at the cockroach climbing along the green wall. 

He wondered when he was going to die. 

He was so hungry, he spent most of his time sleeping and being woken up by his gurgling stomach. 

His throat was very dry too, and he couldn't feel his limbs anymore. 

He was tied up and hadn't been able to loosen the ties. 

Now he didn't even have enough strength to move. 

The smell of garbage cans had become familiar and he didn't even smell it anymore. 

It really had been thrown away like trash. 

The gag between his lips hurt. 

Death was so slow in coming. 

He closed his eyes exhausted.

The lid of the trash can was lifted and the sun hit his body before being protected by the shadow of a man. 

Someone had found it. 

But it was too late, he didn't even have enough strength to lift his head. 

He already felt like leaving. 

At last.

There was a curse and a strange liquid flowed into his mouth. 

The pain was dazzling and he regretted for a moment having wanted to live. 

His eyes opened and he saw two garnet-colored eyes looking at him with concern. 

The man hugged him and gently apologized for not coming sooner. For not helping him instead.

Its good. He didn't blame her. Even though he was only coming now and had refused to help her before.

Its good. As long as there was someone.

Anybody. 

Just someone who was not indifferent to him.

And who wanted to love him.

Just a little.

2