Chapter 35
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“He has an older brother?” Wren asked. “How’s that possible? He gives me serious only child vibes.”

Both Carlos and Liam nodded in agreement.

“I do not know all that many details because my family aren’t quite close with the Pound’s, but his older brother Walker is the highest ranked recruit in the entire academy at the moment.” Carlos told the pair.

“Well that would explain why he’s such an ass. He’s got big brother to look after him if anyone steps to him.” Wren mused.

“That and his family is on the council. The council do run the academies after all.” Liam said.

“This is exactly why I’m warning you Spectre, I do not want to be caught up in a mess with the two Pound brothers just because I’m your roommate.” Carlos warned.

“Awww. And I thought you were just telling me out of the goodness of your heart.”

Carlos blushed in embarrassment before climbing into bed and pulling the duvet up high over his chest. Liam followed, doing the same on his side of the room.

“Classes start tomorrow, we better get some rest.” Liam said, turning off the lamp next to his bed.

Without a word, Wren reached over and turned of his own bedside lamp, plunging the room into darkness. It wasn’t long before Wren was asleep, the days activities catching up with him.

~

AQUILON 2465

On the other side of the galaxy, twelve people were sat around a long rectangular table. It was a deep shade of mahogany and clearly an antique, its age far surpassed any of the members sat around it, but it was kept in pristine condition, lacquered and waxed to perfection. In the centre of the table was a small circular device, from its centre light could be seen pouring upwards, forming a blank screen that hovered right above it. Many around the table would recognise the device as a holo-screen, it functioned the same as a television but was lighter, easier to transport and was way more durable.

The man sitting at the head of the table clapped his hand bringing attention to himself. He was dressed the same as everyone else, in deep blue robes with white trim around the sleeves and collar. He was older than the rest, with long grey white hair falling down around his shoulders and wrinkles sprawled across his face.

“I now call the meeting of the surveying council of Aquilon open.” He called out to the members.

Each of the members around the table dipped their heads in a small bow, acknowledging and paying respect to the head of the table, some more respectful than others.

One of the members who had given a less respectful bow, banged a large fist down on the table. He was a big man, with a thick ginger beard that stretched down to his chest.

“Get on with it August, what are we here for? I’m wasting precious time here while I could be training the new recruits.” He called out to the head of the table.

“Hush now Brother Valk, show some respect.” Said the woman sitting next to the bearded man, she placed a hand on the arm that had just crashed down on the table. Her eyes glowed blue and a soft calm washed over the man named Valk.

“Thank you Sister Misty.” August said, nodding towards the woman.

“As much as I don’t agree with the display of violence, I do believe we’re all in agreement when I say that we all have better things to do, so please do tell us why we’re here Father August.” Misty said.

“Right of course. As you are all aware we had this years influx of new recruits two days ago.” August said, the council nodding as they followed. “What you might not be aware of is that an incident took place during one of the awakening ceremonies.”

“What’s the issue? Incidents occur all the time at awakening ceremonies, parents don’t want their children taken to fight monsters, fights between budding elementals, what’s so different about this one.” One of the other members called out to August.

“I’m glad you asked Brother Zeke. This particular incident relates to the prophecy.” He said.

Murmurs and whispers filled the room at the mention of the word. August raised his hands, attempting to settle the council and return them to a state of quiet.

“If I can direct your attention to the holo-screen.” He said, clapping his hands.

The image on the holo-screen changed and the room gasped. The screen was filled with a still image of an awakening chamber. On the stage stood to the side was a fire elemental, he was leaned back as if trying to get away. On the centre of the stage was a dome filled with all different colours that had begun to blend together.

“What is this?”

“Who is that?”

“By the Saint.”

“Is this real?”

“EVERYONE.” August shouted. “Everyone, let’s settle down. Just watch.”

He clapped his hands once more and the holo-screen began to move. The dome was growing and shrinking, growing and shrinking, the colours swirling about growing brighter and them dimmer. The council looked on in awe, mesmerised by the myriad of colours. Finally the dome shrank down and disappeared. In its place was a boy, no older than sixteen, small in stature, with dark curly hair. In his hand he held the awakening crystal.

The video stopped and council sat in silence, stunned by what they had just witnessed.

“Now you see why I called you all here today.” August said.

“This truly is a blessing from the Saint. We must have him.” Valk proclaimed.

“Do we even know who he is?” Misty asked.

“Wren Spectre, an orphan from District 8-12 on Earth.”

“A rough place to grow up. Poor boy.” Misty said.

“Do we know where he is?” A woman named Agnes asked.

“It seemed he awakened as a wind elemental, so right now he should be going through recruit training on Ventus.” August replied.

“Ventus? You know that would mean war right?” Zeke said.

“Oh I’m fully aware.” August said, a sinister smile creeping across his face.

 

Authors Note: For those of you reading, thanks for stopping by and giving my work a chance, I'm really enjoying it so I'm glad you're here for the ride. Hope you all have a good week and I'll catch you at the next chapter :)

0