Chapter Five
666 7 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Despite there being a wall between Dani and outside, she could hear the buzzing of insects and the sound of ants crawling on the ground, but she couldn't accurately judge how far away the sounds came from.

"Our hearing is quite something right?" Ivy smiled at Dani who nodded in agreement, marveling at how clearly she could hear the rapid heartbeats of little critters and birds alongside the sound of wind gently blowing against the leaves.

Victoria finally managed to 'escape', mostly due to Chloe because she stopped feeding. Normally a vampire's saliva would heal the bite wounds, but since they were all vampires, they didn't even bother.

"We have about half an hour before your clothes arrive so we can probably try to explain a bit of our identities in the meantime." Victoria cleared her throat, her face still red, but her voice was calm.

"Okay, I'll go first. I'm Ivy Eclipse, the second daughter of Victoria. I'll be three hundred and sixty four this year." Hearing Ivy say she was almost four centuries old made Dani's jaw drop in shock because knowing vampires existed was one thing, but to meet someone who was over three centuries old was another.

"Aww! She's so adorable!" Ivy pinched Dani's cheeks, enjoying the soft elastic feel of her cool skin. Elia inserted herself between Ivy and Dani, swatting the former's hands away while grumbling something about scaring Dani.

"I'm Chloe, I'll be five hundred and twelve next month. I'm the oldest daughter too!" Seeing the smug look on Chloe's face, Ivy shot her a look of loathing while resisting the urge to flip off her older sister.

"I'm Elia Eclipse, the youngest and I'm a hundred and thirty one years old." Elia looked at Dani a bit cautiously, not wanting the latter to be startled or disgruntled by her age.

"I guess it's my turn? I'm Victoria Eclipse and I'm four thousand seven hundred years old." If Dani's jaw could drop any lower, it would because she couldn't even begin to comprehend living that long.

"Now I don't want to say my age. I think she might faint." Evelyn jokingly teased causing Dani to close her open mouth with a blush, feeling a bit rude to have reacted so intensely.

"Aunt Evelyn is somewhere over thirteen thousand years old. She won't tell me the real numbers because she's old." Ivy snarked and everyone could practically hear the gears in Dani's brain grinding to a halt.

"Well, there wasn't really a good calender back then so cut me some slack. It's not like anyone is alive from then to tell you my age anyway, so you just have to believe me." Evelyn saw Dani rub her temples and smiled at her wide eyes.

"Your name is now Dani Eclipse, fourth daughter of Victoria and the youngest Vampire Princess." Evelyn raised an eyebrow at Elia when Dani looked to her with hollow eyes.

"I don't think I can be a princess. I was a guy a day ago and I don't kno-" Evelyn appeared in front of the rambling Dani, smacking her head softly with an understanding smile on her face.

"Relax. It's not something you can't learn. You have an endless amount of time to learn these things." Evelyn encouraged Dani while glaring at Ivy when she tried to speak, no doubt to make it worse.

...

Dani's ears twitched as she heard a steady thumping and the sound of an engine grow closer to the house, and guessed it was the clothes Ivy had ordered for her.

"Looks like the clothes are here. You wanna come get them?" Ivy smiled evilly at Dani who nodded after trying to guess what she was planning. She didn't know Ivy long, but she knew the girl had a penchant for chaos.

Elia went to speak but Ivy practically dragged Dani out of the room and to the front door before she could. Elia looked at her mom and aunt and sighed, deciding to follow them to make sure nothing terrible happened.

As Dani neared the door, she could hear the steady pumping of a heart as well as the sound of blood being pushed through the person's veins. Ivy could practically feel the urge to feed radiating off Dani, but she didn't try stop her.

Ivy opened the door and a man in a uniform stood with several bags in hand, looking as if he were just about to knock. He opened his mouth to speak but his gaze fell on Ivy and his face flushed red.

"Come on in." Ivy smiled at the man and stepped aside allowing him to enter the manor. The man was a bit drunk on Ivy's beauty and did as she said without much resistance.

"Should I place it here?" The man snapped out of his daze and felt as if his spring time had come. He placed the bags on the floor and was about to try and sweet talk Ivy when a petite figure walked into his sight.

He could swear he had never seen such a beautiful girl in his life. Whereas Ivy was beautiful, she didn't attract the man as much as the girl did.

Seeing the man's eyes filled with fascination, Ivy grinned. She didn't feel jealous that Dani had practically smitten the man with but a look because she could do the same, she and the others just withheld most of their charm, while Dani didn't as she didn't realize how charming she was.

The man looked at Dani's purple eyes that seemed clearer than an untainted spring, her pale skin and black silky hair contrasted like night and day.

He started to absently wonder if he had some fetish he didn't know about because while the girl was incredibly beautiful, she was a bit small, but his thoughts became chaotic when he noticed her attire.

Dani wore a too large for her size t-shirt and due to the fact she hadn't yet calmed down from being fed on and seeing Victoria and Evelyn making out, leaving her face flushed and her in a state of arousal that hadn't yet faded.

"We don't really separate the urge of arousal from the urge to feed, so they mix and heighten each other." Ivy inwardly didn't know whether to praise the guy for his luck in seeing Dani's current state or his bad luck that might claim his life.

The man tried to process what Ivy said, but Dani walked closer with slow steps, her eyes locked on some part of the man with such an intense hunger that made the man awaken from his daze.

"What? Feed? What are you talking about?" The man finally noticed something was wrong when Elia appeared in front of the door silently at a speed he couldn't react too, blocking his only way out.

"Well, my sister here needs some blood and while I was just gonna tease you a bit, you had to go ahead and get lured by Dani's charm. I guess you should just hope you survive?"

"This is why I didn't want her to come... How will we explain his disappearance since he isn't just some random passerby, we called him here to deliver clothes." Elia rolled her eyes but she didn't appear very concerned about the situation.

"Welp, guess we can't kill him then. Dani, how about we let him go?" Ivy knew Dani wouldn't want to let the man go, not when food was so close, but she wouldn't be Ivy if she didn't cause chaos, would she?

Ivy's fingernail sharpened and turned into a sharp claw, and she blinked her eyes innocently at Elia who wanted to stop her, but before she could, Ivy punctered the man's skin with her claw causing blood to flow from his arm.

"Don't worry. You probably won't die~" Ivy singsonged as the man's eyes widened when Dani's purple eyes turned silver. Dani felt that she could stop herself, but a voice inside urged her to pounce, to leap on her prey, to sink her fangs into it.

31