Chapter 42
362 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“No!” I shouted as I watched both Faye and Oronia in the air. They both looked like two limp dolls that had been tossed into the sky. They were both screaming and trying to grab onto something as they fell which was impossible in the air. They both descended quickly and fell into some bushes a few yards away. I heard a loud scream and was unsure if it was Faye or Oronia. A ball of knot appeared in my stomach as I prayed that neither one of them were dead.

 

I turned my eyes on the yellow-eyed mage who was smiling at me in an evil way. I felt a deep anger rise in me. I wanted to kill this evil being who had just hurt my friends. Cyrena was still laid out on the ground and had not stirred at all. I prayed that she was not dead as well.

 

“You bitch!” I shouted. I jumped to my feet and grasped my spear tightly. I saw Marian was still trying her hardest to hit the other mage who seemed to be only dodging each of Marian’s moves. She did not look like she was even interested in attacking Marian. Her face was blank as she moved out of the way from each blow. Marian’s face was wet with sweat and I could see that she was breathing hard but she was not stopping.

 

I ran toward the yellow-eyed mage with my spear before me. She let out a loud cackle and then raised her hands. I felt a gush of wind but I rolled to the side as Marian had shown me and quickly got to my feet and kept charging at the yellow-eyed mage. She laughed at the roll that I did and extended both of her hands at me to cast me into the air. 

 

A big gust of wind hit me but to my surprise, I darted right through it. It was like time had slowed down and I was moving at a rapid speed toward her. The yellow-eyed mage’s eyes opened wide in shock as I thrust my spear at her. She jumped back but the tip of the spear sank into her thigh. She let out a scream and fell to the ground as I quickly pulled my spear out of her.

 

“You little shit!” She shouted in rage. There was a wound in her thigh with blood coming out. It was a dark red color. “How dare you?! You are going to pay for this! No more games, boy! You are coming with me!”

 

I braced myself as I watched the mage lift her hands. A ball of black and blue color started to appear. It swirled around before her hands and seemed to grow with every passing second. Electric sparks shot out from all around it. I was beyond scared but I was not going to run away. I had no idea how to defend myself against that black circular void. My spear was like a toy in my hand. There was no way that I could use it to stop this.

 

I watched as the mage’s face contorted into one of complete rage. She thrust her arms forward and the circular ball raced toward me. Sparks shout out rapidly from it. I knew that whatever this ball was it was not going to do anything nice to me. I put up my arms to protect myself and waited for my imminent doom. Several seconds seemed to pass and yet I did not feel anything. I slowly opened my eyes and to my shock, I saw the ball hovering in front of me.

 

“Gods, this can’t be! This is not possible!” The yellow-eyed mage shouted from the ground. She was staring at the hovering ball with a look of complete disbelief. I slowly lowered my arms and looked at the black circular ball in front of me. It shimmered and seemed to have something swirling inside. I could not make it out but there were sparks flying from it.

 

I had no idea how it had just stopped in front of me. Did I do that? I thought in disbelief. No way! I don’t have any powers! 

 

I heard the yellow-eyed mage let out an angry sound and I saw that she was creating another ball that was similar to the one before me. I didn’t know what to do but for some reason, there was a strong pull inside of me to direct the ball at her. I quickly thrust my hands out and the ball dashed toward the yellow-eyed mage. She was still creating another one and did not have time to protect herself. She let out a scream as she saw it coming toward her. The ball hit her and she flew up into the air and I watched as black chains circled her from her neck to her ankles. Her eyes and her mouth were wide open as she remained frozen in the air.

 

“What the fuck?!” I said as I stared in disbelief. There were various sparks that shot out from the chains. It was almost like lightning was hitting them. The chains kept firing off those sparks as they held the mage in place in the air.

 

I looked over and saw that both Marian and the other mage were looking at the yellow-eyed mage in surprise. They had forgotten about their fight and were focused on the frozen woman in the air. 

 

The other mage slowly looked at me and then she disappeared. I felt movement in the air and then she instantly appeared right in front of me. She looked at me with searching eyes. Her eyes were so green and seemed to pierce right through me. I got ready to raise my spear for battle but to my surprise the mage dropped down to one knee before me. 

 

“I can’t believe it! The prophecies are true! You have arrived!” She said with tears in her eyes.

13