Chapter 7: Planning
69 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Please don’t forget to follow the story and adding to your favorites if you are enjoying it so far. Ratings and comments are always appreciated!

Chapter 7: Planning

"I believe you, father. Though the gate's situation seems stable, I see no signs of it collapsing anytime soon. I doubt even that bastard could do anything about it, even if he revived," Said Hana in a low voice. 

Dameon nodded by her side before continuing, "If father says we prepare, then prepare we shall. Though perhaps that means the invasion would come from elsewhere?" Asked the giant while stroking his long beard. 

"Elsewhere... That is a plausible situation," Added Amon with a nod of confirmation.

"But the gate is the entrance," Emra quickly interrupted with a frown. Marquis solemnly nodded by her side. 

"The gate is the entrance to the abyss. Then could it be some other plane trying to invade us?" Asked Hector with a shrug. 

The room quickly descended into an ominous silence. All eyes turned towards the blonde-haired young man. He hastily raised his hands in the air and spoke, "What? It's merely a suggestion." 

"A ridiculous one," Scoffed Emra. 

"No, no. Hector has a point," Answered Amon with a frown. 

Marquis turned to him and asked with a complicated expression, "You mean you also think It could be another plane?" 

"I'm not sure what I think yet, but think about it. As far as we know, the entrance to the abyss is here, and there seem to be no signs of that entrance breaking or opening whatsoever. Besides, all of us know how strong it is."

"Yes, but that's the only entrance we know of," Emra retorted. 

"We searched the entire plane for hundreds of years and failed to find another entrance. I believe it is safe to assume that this is the only entrance," Hana was the one to reply with a shake of her head. 

"No, but still-" Emra was still not convinced. 

"We indeed have to consider all possibilities, and that also means considering that the invasion could come from a different plane," Added Amon. 

"I mean, perhaps that won't be a bad thing?" Hector asked with a grin. 

Shaking his head, Dameon replied, "We need to prepare for the worst." 

"Oh, that's just plain depressing. Think about it. Maybe this invading realm is incredibly weak!" Smiled Hector as he continued, "If so, it could even spell a new opportunity for us!" 

"Haha, you mean a new opportunity for you to play deity in some foreign land?" Amon chuckled.

"Yes! That too! But then again, is that even a bad thing?" 

"You are being way too optimistic about this whole ordeal," sighed Emra, Marquis silently nodding by her side. 

"Still better than being way too pessimistic about it," Retorted Hector with a shrug. 

"For once, I agree with Hector," Amon answered with a sigh. 

"What do you think, father?" Hana suddenly asked. 

Ron, who remained silent this entire time, finally answered, "I admit, I did not think of the possibility of another realm invading, but it is still quite plausible." 

"Not you too, father!" Emra complained while facepalming.

Shaking his head, Ron replied, "I had a dream of chaos spreading all across the plane. I didn't see any indication of the portal failing, but the war is coming." 

"Wait, then can't it be just the mortals fighting against each other? Wouldn't that count as spreading chaos across the plane?" Asked Emra. 

"You think something of that level would catch father's eye?" Dameon answered with a shake of his head.

"Besides, I doubt it's the mortals. I would know since I have been playing deity most of this time, in case you forgot," Hector added. 

Hana turned her gaze towards Ron before asking, "How much time do we have?" He quickly shook his head to indicate even he didn't know. 

"The reason why I sent for all of you was to let you know. I'm not sure when this could happen, but if the invasion is not coming from the abyss, then this further complicates things." 

"So, what do you suggest we do?" Amon asked with a frown. 

"I will be staying here regardless. Someone has to keep an eye on the gate at all times, and who better for this than me. You kids, on the other hand, should spread out." 

"Isn't that more dangerous?" Added Amon, his frown deepening. 

"We don't have much of a choice. Something or someone is hindering my divination."

"So basically, just go back to the way we were," said Hector with a smile. 

"Well, at least now we know that an invasion is on its way," Shrugged Amon with a sigh. 

Marquis, who remained silent for the most part, finally asked, "What about the others?" 

"I sent little Trexy and the other kids to find them, another reason why I'll be staying here in case any of them comes back." 

"While I understand that due to the lack of information, this is our best course of action, I still think it's dangerous to split up now that we know something big is bound to happen soon," Amon continued. 

"Hey, it's okay. We are all connected for better or for worst. So if someone is on the verge of losing control or if someone ends up dying, the rest will know and end up making our way to that location," Hector replied nonchalantly. 

Emra turned to glare at him, causing him to raise his hands in the air, "Hey, while it is a blunt way of putting it, we all know it's true. So from a point, splitting up is indeed a good decision that would allow us to know quickly if a new portal opens suddenly." 

Letting out a long sigh, Amon shook his head and spoke, "You are still as nonchalant as ever."

"Look who is talking! I don't want to hear that from you, Amon!" 

"Hey, at least I'm serious when it counts!" 

"Yes, sure." 

"Enough!" Ron suddenly spoke, silencing the table. He then turned his gaze to Hana and asked. "Hana, what do you think?" 

"I can provide summons to keep us all in contact, but that would mean we will have to periodically gather in one place, which I assume would be here so I can keep the summons in this plane." 

Hector quickly raised his hand and asked with a wide grin, "Oh! Oh! Can I have an angel?!" 

"Shut up, you damn pervert!" Ron answered with a glare. 

"Ouch! See, nobody likes me." 

"How long can you keep the summons, Hana?" Asked Ron.

Hana glanced at everyone present before scratching her cheek while answering, "A year?" 

"That's good enough," Nodded Ron, "If nothing happens in that year, you all gather back here, report if you find anything suspicious, and so Hana can maintain her summons." 

"Sounds good," Answered Amon. Dameon nodded, while Marquis still seemed to be reluctant in participating.

Emra turned her gaze towards Hana and whispered, "Can you give me something strong that will help in a fight? Kind of like, a Dragon!" 

Rolling her eyes, Hana shook her head and replied, "Everyone will get the same summons. It's already hard enough for me to keep them in this plane for an extended period, not to mention it is my mana they will be feeding off. So no Dragons."

"Tch, fine. If it's not a dragon, then what will it be?" 

Hearing Emra's question, Hana's eyes lit up as a small smile extended across her face. 

2