Chapter 10: Confrontation
53 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 10: Confrontation 

The trees grew sparser before disappearing completely. An open field of violet grass and multi-colored flowers greeted Amon. The sunlight felt pleasant on his skin as he stepped toward the meadow. His eyes curiously scanned the strange, unfamiliar flowers before they settled on a tall slim figure seated in the middle of it all. 

The stranger had a head of long silky silver hair, the face of an angel, and the skin the color of the soft violet grass. "A woman?" He mumbled as she turned to glance at him. Although still far from him, Amon was easily, able to make out her features. 

The lady's long ears perked as she suddenly noticed his presence. Her emerald eyes seemed to shine much like Amon's as soon as she saw him. "A mortal? No, you don't seem like one. A deity, perhaps?" She asked in a low voice. Amon, however, was able to hear her with no difficulties.

"You don't belong here, in this world. Who are you?" He asked while making his way toward the lady. 

She didn't seem to mind his hostile tone and, instead, continued twirling the strange flower in her fingers. "Hmm, definitely not a mortal. Otherwise, you'd be dead the second you saw me." 

Her words caused him to raise his brows, "An arrogant one, huh?" 

Shaking her head, the strange lady replied, "I am merely stating facts. Mortals are unable to handle the sight of me. They find me quite," She paused, resting her finger on her lips for a second as if contemplating her next words, "Alluring?" 

Rolling his eyes, Amon answered with a sarcastic chuckle, "Sure, definitely not arrogant. Well, since we are sure I won't just suddenly drop dead looking at you. It's time to answer my question. Who are you? And why are you here?" 

"Isn't it a basic courtesy to introduce yourself first before asking someone else for the same?"

Amon let out a long sigh at her reply. His eyes turned frosty as he shook his head. "I'll give you until the count of three to explain yourself and answer my question." 

A charming smile made its way across the strange lady's face before she replied, "And If I don't?" 

"One...Three!" Amon didn't care to reply. He circulated his powers, causing the faint golden glow to surround his body once more as he disappeared, from his place. 

He reappeared above the stranger with his sword in hand and cut at her head with no hesitation. It was then that a root suddenly shot from the ground in an attempt to block, his attack. Amon's sword, however, was able to easily slice through it unhindered as it continued towards her head. 

The stranger's eyes widened in surprise as she hastily jumped backward to avoid the attack. Amon's sword narrowly missed, cutting a few strands of her silver hair. The moment his feet touched the ground, the golden strands of light that symboled the activation of his powers reappeared, causing the long-eared eared lady to frown. 

He vanished once again. The strands of golden light flowing through the air like dandelion seeds carried him behind her, where his body materialized. This time, however, she was ready. Countless sharp roots shot from the ground toward Amon from all sides. 

He swiftly used his sword to parry the ones aimed for his eyes and ignored the others. A sickening sound resounded in the meadow as roots pierced through his left thigh, stomach, and shoulder. Amon, nonetheless, was unfazed and continued to stare at the strange lady. 

Her long ears perked up, and a sudden premonition of imminent disaster filled her heart. She hastily retracted the roots from Amon's body and retreated, all the while keeping an eye on him. The golden strands of light reappeared again. This time, covering the areas the roots had pierced him through. 

After a couple of breaths, the golden strands disappeared along with the wounds on Amon's body. The feeling of danger intensified as she suddenly raised her hands in a sign of defeat, "I concede defeat." She did not know why, but all sorts of warning signals were ringing inside her head, telling her to stop and not make a move. 

The ground around her was suddenly uprooted with a bang, leaving only the area she stood on. The colorful flowers were hacked to pieces, and the violet grass disintegrated. It was for but a second, but she had sensed it clearly, the power wave that extended from the man's body. Had he not redirected it away from her, then would she have been able to walk away from it unscathed? 

Normal physical attacks did not work on her, nor did magical ones. The only thing that posed a threat to a Goddess like her was attacks embedded with divinity. 'Is he the guardian deity of this plane?' She inwardly mumbled. 

"Speak," Amon's voice was cold as he impatiently traced the handle of his sword with his fingers. 

"My name is Gatia, Patron Goddess of the Peri." 

"Gatia, the Peri? Doesn't ring any bell, I'm afraid." He said and raised his left hand, causing the goddess to flinch. The tiny cute summon bird landed on his hand and hastily climbed towards his shoulder. 

"You guys seeing this?" Asked Amon. 

Hector's reply came full of enthusiasm and envy, "A real Goddess! Why is it you again, Amon?!"

"Shut up, Hector. Now's not the time," Answered Emra. 

"Come on! Are you seeing what I'm seeing? That face? That body?!" 

Marquis was the one to reply this time, interrupting Hector, "Should we take her back to father?" 

"There's no need for that," Ron suddenly spoke. 

"Father?" Muttered Emra, confused. 

"Why do you sound surprised? I left a summon with him," said Hana. 

Ignoring them, Amon asked Ron, "What do you mean, father? What do I do with her?" 

"Kill her."

Ron's cold reply hammered at Gatia's heart, causing her to flinch.

"W-Wait-" 

Amon didn't question Ron's order. His sword flashed before she could finish speaking. The next second, her head rolled to the ground with a thud. Hector's saddened cry came from the tiny bird on Amon's shoulder.

"No! Why?! At least give her to me!" 

Ron snickered before answering, "That's not her real body." 

"It's such a waste! That face, that- Huh? What do you mean not her real body?" 

"Look." 

Amon's eyes squinted as he stared at Gatia's body. It quickly lost all moisture. Her breathtaking features disappeared, leaving behind a large brown tree root. Seeing that, Amon kneeled to touch it in curiosity, only for it to disappear with the wind as if it never existed in the first place. 

"An avatar?" He asked. 

Emra's excited voice chimed in, "An avatar is already at this level. I wonder how strong is her real body." 

"But was this the right choice, father?" Asked Marquis, his tone grave. 

"What do you mean?" Asked Emra. 

"It looked like she was ready to communicate. Was it the right choice to kill her avatar like that?" 

"They are the enemy, Marquis," Ron replied. 

"I saw it, the destruction they will bring." 

Hearing that, Marquis and the rest fell silent. Amon, on the other hand, was studying the landscape in curiosity. Although she had disappeared already, Gatia's handiwork remained. 'Some of it, at least,' he inwardly muttered while glancing at the destruction he had caused.

2