CHAPTER 1: Chaos
227 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

--The Year of 2045--

--Japan, Tokyou City--

A young man walked with a bored face and he was enjoying the song that came from his Airpod. He looked around the city and the city looked very peaceful. The streets looked lively and the people had smiles on their faces. 

The police patrolled the streets and some people wearing some kind of ' medieval Armor' , swords, spears, and many more close-combat weapons. Their gears looked like they were going to warfare in the medieval. Kinda looked like a movie scene. 

It was not an unusual scene at all. After all, this was the world where ' Chaoses strike anytime ' . So they were expected to patrol around the city with police. They were called ' Hunters ' because they hunted down the demons. 

' Sigh, I need to go to the Hunter school. ' A young boy muttered with a depressed tone and his bored face changed into a depressed face. His blue eyes looked at the sky and his curly black hair covered his eyes, he tied his long back hair into a ponytail. His age was 16 or 17 years old and his height was around 170 centimeters and he looked thin and skeleton. Besides, he was wearing black hoodies in the hot summer. 

' Gaaaaa.... My NEET and easy life are going to be over. ' He said full of sadness.

Hunter Schools were known for being too harsh and difficult. Teenagers who had ' Superpower ' must attend the Hunter School and it was like the draft and legally required to join for everyone who had Superpower. It applied to everyone in the world because the law was made by World Council so every citizen from every country was applied to the law. Hunter School took 3 years and there were only five countries that had Hunter Schools. After all, Hunter Schools consumed a lot of money and resources. 

Luckily, Japan had one of the best Hunter Schools in the entire world which was in ' Academy City ' . So naturally, the best gathered in the Hunter School. 

' Well, if I'm going to do it, I will try the best. ' His depressed smile changed into a serious face and he always liked to give his 100%. 

Suddenly, the wind became strong and everyone became alerted. The ground shook a little bit and he saw the air was compressing at a fast rate, it absorbed the surroundings as the Green portal formed.

[ Alerts Alerts, please immediately move to the nearest shelter or safe place.] 

His phone rung and vibrated as the messages kept coming. His phone operated the map function and gave him the nearest shelter and safe places. The speakers from the nearest shops also echoed the same message and the whole street turned into chaos within a minute. 

People started to run toward the nearest shelter. Some people entered into the shops which had ' safety underground ' . Some shops in the district were required to have ' Safety Underground ' for safety measures. Of course, the government paid for it. 

The bullet-proof glass walls emerged from the street's platform as sealed around the portal. The people were still running and the air was filled with tension. People dropped their grocery bags and some just stood silently with shaky bodies, the PTSD was the finest. 

' Green Portal? The threat level is only 2 ' The young boy just muttered as he also moved further away from the portal. He was not like other people who panicked. He was like many other people here who had calm and composed faces. Some people were used to the situation like him. Humans could adapt and overcome every fucked up situation.

' Well, I need to move further away from the situation. ' He muttered as he started to speed up and run toward the nearest Underground Shelter. The threat level was only two so he didn't feel that much panic. 

When he was running, the police and Hunters circled the portal. The military also arrived with armored vehicles with attached MG-44 Heavy Machine Gun. The guns didn't deal damage to the monsters but they could still hurt them. More heavy firepower could only give more problems instead of help. 

Suddenly, the monster left from the Green Portal, and hunters prepared to attack. 

" Fuck, it's rank 3 Hipporn. Shit! gather Level 3 Hunters. Level 1 and Level 2 hunters fucked from the place. Fucking move your ass. " The head Hunter shouted and his tones were also shaken with panicked voice. At least, Hunter needed to be ranked 3 to lead the team. They were quite strong but currently, the head Hunter was panicked. People c

.

" Mages set up the Anti-transparent Magic Array, Hurry up. " The hunters shouted from their lungs as mages started to concentrate anf set up the array. 

' Hipporn. Shit! they are in trouble. ' A young boy also muttered and he knew the Hunters were fucked up. 

Hipporn had a dark eagle head with a snake's eyes and its body was as big as an adult tiger with dark fur and its tail also looked like a snake. By mean, it was quite a weak beast but its ability was very dangerous and made it a very tricky beast. So Hunters liked to slay Hundreds of Goblins instead of one Hipporn. There were stories, that it ambushed and massacred the party alone. If Hunters set up the correct array, it was an easy opponent. 

' Damm it, I should run faster. ' He started to run quickly and he had a thought to look at the fight between the monsters and hunters. After all, it was a rare scene to see in real-time  but ' Curiosity killed the Cat '. 

He started to run like a wind toward the nearest Underground shelter. There were also people like him who had the same thought but they also started to run toward the shelter. But fate had another plan for him.

" Fuck, chains, put down it. " The Hunter immediately noticed the monster's pattern. They immediately got closer to the monster with teams timely manner.

The beast was very smart and it used the tail to keep its distance from the hunters, prepared to go far away from the place. After all, the hunters already surrounded it. It knew the situation was not on his side.

" Sir, The Anti-Array is completed. " The hunter reported as the head hunter had a big smile on his face. He already won the fight.

' If I'm not wrong, Hipporn's ability is called ' Phasing '. It allows it to pass through most kind of walls and barriers. Quite dangerous ability. ' He muttered and he reached toward the shop that had underground shelter.

" Whaaaaaaa... " The monster groaned when it knew that it could not use its power. 

It started to go berserker and started to attack the hunters. The hunters also attacked and defended the monster carefully and uniformly. The four tanks surrounded the monster with their large shield and the Archers attacked from the far. 

The chains restrained it's legs and the monster attacked the hunters but the tanks were quite unbreakable. It was a very easy opponent as long as its ability was sealed and its attack power and speed were not that problems.

The monster already had wounds and scars on its body. It also could not freely because of chains. The hunters attack him with swords and spears from behind the tank as they quickly put down the monster into the peace.

" Great work, you guys. Great job. " The hunter praised each other but suddenly, the monster stood up anf jumped into the air.  

The people also clapped and whistled. Suddenly, the tension was filled in the air again. 

" Shit! "

" What the fuck! "

" Holy fucking cow. " 

The Hunters were also dumbfounded and they already pierced the heart of the monster. It suddenly became alive and jumped into the air. The monster's body was covered with blood and wounds. 

" Oh shit, oh shit. " A young boy said with a panicked tone. After all, the beast jumped toward him.

" Fuck. " He swore as his body shaken and he thought that he would not feel frightened. But not he felt like he was going to piss. 

Luckily, he was tripped on the ground because of small rock and the tears started to leak from his eyes. The monster's claws struck toward his face but he rolled his body to the left, at least he didn't become stone due to fear. The monster was quite slow because of their wounds. 

The monster tried to attack him again but suddenly, the monster was beheaded and the blue blood covered his face and the beast's body fell on his body.

" You fucking idiots. Always stay alert. Don't celebrate until the monster was inflamed " The head hunter saved him and he shouted with an aggressive tone toward the hunters with a face full of anger.

" You too, you civilians need to stay inside the shelter. Why can not you move your ass very quickly? " The head hunter also shouted to the Young man who had a panicked face. 

" You fucking idiots. I'm asking you. " The head hunter shouted near his ear as a young man stopped the tears.

" Yes. " He replied quietly. His brain was still processing the frightening information and his body was shaking but his sense immediately came back very quickly.

The people didn't notice that the strange crystal from the monster's throat fell into the young man's chest when the monster was beheaded. The crystal entered the young man and became one with him. That was the start of a new hero or villain.

5