A Bunny’s Tail
46 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N: There are a number of...oddities within this short story that I know make little sense due to the self-imposed restrictions. One day, I may rewrite this, as this is a self-contained story within a fantasy world I have created. For now, please enjoy! I am open to constructive criticism, which is the biggest reason why I'm post this here. Thank you! On with the show~

A Bunny's Tail

It was a very long battle, lasting weeks on end. Two Human civilizations compete to try and overthrow the other.

A brutal and uncouth way of handling a disagreement and breakdown of negotiations.

Thoughts like this ran through the Man’s mind as he continued to walk through a vast set of Great Plains as far as the eye can see. The grass brushed gently against the shins of his worn knee high leather boots, slashed and sliced open in various places with dried blood caking the once soft, smooth leather.

Many questions ran through the Man’s mind as he continued forward while dragging a long nodachi-style two-hand sword against the ground; the blade ruined with cracks and chips all through the blade.

What was the point of fighting in such a war if neither side ultimately won? Was the price of so many Human lives worth it?

Having had enough of the war that went on for far too long, the Man finally decided that there was only one solution left and chose to fight for his country to help end this war.

But then the Elves suddenly came.

It was a complete massacre of the Humans—worn out from fighting each other for too long and fatigue having set in, both mentally and physically. It did not take much for the Elves to mow down every Human in sight and then moved on to raid the Northern and Southern Human Kingdoms. The Man was extremely lucky he did not fall like the rest of his company, and ultimately the whole army division did. It was painful to watch all of his friends and war buddies die trying to allow him to escape. The detachment of Elves that pursued him down were killed by the Man but not without a heavy price to pay.

It had already been a few week since the Elves suddenly raided the Humans warring against each other.

The Man traveled along the Southern portion of the Great Plains, heading north were the small Rolling Hills were. His home, his parents were just across the Rolling Hills, not too far from The Treeline that marked the beginning of the Bunny Tribe’s territory.

The Man had not eaten anything since before the last skirmish that decided the fate of the two Human armies. His tummy growled loudly as the sun beat down on the back of his neck, where most of his destroyed and torn leather armor and jerkin exposed his skin, caked with dried blood of the wounds he had been inflicted with. His right eye was sliced at a right downward angle and was caked closed with his blood and tears. His left eye was untouched, a narrow brown orb looking forward that had the gaze of a dead man. Hidden within, though, was the will to live: to keep pushing forward.

‘I will not fall here.’ ‘I don’t want to die.’ ‘I want to see my family.’

There was a myriad of emotions and thoughts that went through the Man’s mind, trying his best to keep thinking and stay active since he felt that if he stopped, he would stop for the very last time.

A strong breeze suddenly came from the South as he traveled North, pushing him forward, and causing him to lose balance, falling flat on his face. The Man felt like the Gods were trying to spite him for daring to continue living. Lying flat on his face, he tried desperately to pick himself up—a broken left hand and right hand still clutching his massive weapon struggling with all their might under his own weight. With slow, steady movements, he was able to push himself off the ground and got to his knees, wobbly from the lack of energy and blood loss.

The Man could feel that his limits were surpassed long ago but he didn’t care. He had a single goal: to get home. Delirious, the Man had started to think that once he got home, everything would turn out fine with his Mother running to him and gripping him tightly in her small and thin arms while his Father reprimanded him for participating in such a silly war.

Getting to his feet, the Man inhaled and then exhaled slowly as he got back to his feet; the pain in his arms long since left; the pain in his broken hand just a tickle at this point. He had to continue forward.

Another night and then another day had passed when the Man got to the Rolling Hills north of the Great Plains. Climbing to the peak of one of the hills, he could spot The Treeline in the distance! Never before had such euphoric happiness flow through his body!

Elated, the Man started down the hill more energetically than before with a smile that warped on the insane plastered to his blood and dirt coated face. Moving faster down the hill, he suddenly lost balance and began to tumble forward. The momentum that he had gained going downhill propelled him froward as his decent down the hill increased in speed with his body unable to correct itself. After more than a dozen tumbles and rolls, the Man could feel himself losing consciousness.

Hiis body suddenly slammed into something hard and then heard quite an adorable cry that sounded much like a cute bunny or kitty. Hearing a few mews and muu’s, the Man couldn’t make out anything but the sky as he lost focus in his left eye and proceeded to get tunnel vision, the image of something wooden to his left, the blue sky in front of him and what looked to have been a white fluffy bunny ear to the right of his vision.

Then everything went black.

~

The Man suddenly awoke, shooting upright in a bed and looking around, blinking with his left eye. He then suddenly noticed that he was wrapped up in a lot of bandages and all of his armor was peeled off him. Even his clothing had been changed into something more fresh. The soft smell of flowers and nature wafted in the air. Looking down at his hands, his left hand was put in a stint. Moving his fingers, it hurt a lot to do so but he was glad that they still worked. His right hand was in good condition.

Realizing that he was not in a place familiar, the Man looked around to see if he could find his weapon. It was not to be seen, making him feel uneasy. Reaching up with his right hand, he could feel the right side of his face was covered in bandages as well and it felt like the wraps were just changed, likely why the smell of flowers were so strong.

‘Lavender maybe?’

The Man’s nerves weren’t nearly as sharp as they usually were, thinking it could be the Lavender that was naturally making him relax.

Sounds could be heard behind the door that was in front of him while he laid on a rather large bed. Looking at the door, he watched it open with his uncovered eye and was on edge since the Humans have made a lot of enemies in the past and it was incredibly rare for a non-Human to assist one. The sounds of cute high pitched mews could be heard as the door slowly swung open, revealing to the Man two women: one of incredibly short stature, looking no more than a five or six year old Human but blessed by the gods in a very incredible way in the bust line; the other much taller than the first, holding a basket that had bandages among other things inside. Both wore a similar style dress, though the older woman’s dress was less detailed than the little girl had, the hems of the little girl’s dress quite decorated with special golden embroidery.

What caught the attention of the Man, though, were the large fluffy white Bunny ears that loomed over their head, poking out of their pure golden locks of hair. The Man wouldn’t have doubted himself if he were told that he had died and gone to the Great Beyond. His left eye looked between the two in slight panic now, wondering what he had gotten himself into. The Bunny tribe’s beauty of their women were belied by their ruthlessness, it was hard for the Man to feel comfortable knowing that the Bunny tribe helped him.

Sudden flashbacks of his parents having seen a Bunny tribe for the first time in his home town and acting in a revolting manner came to mind. The Man never understood why Father and Mother reacted the way they did to anyone that was not distinctly Human. None of it made sense to him.

The little Bunny girl suddenly looked at the Man with wide eyes, her large deep sea blue irises completely lighting up the room with their astonishing beauty. The older woman’s bright golden eyes were gorgeous but the little girl’s blue irises were like looking at two aquamarines shimmering in the bright sunlight.

The Bunny girl dashed over to me and then without a care in the world started mewing and nyaaing and myuuing to the Man, talking rather fast and energetic.

The Man blinked a few times, looking at the adorable Bunny girl and then looked over to the older lady, who had a most gorgeous smile spread across her visage.

“It seems Bunny Hime has taken quite a liking to you. I’ve never seen her so energetic as to immediately start talking to someone like so,” the older looking Bunny lady spoke, putting the medicinal basket onto a bench that was at the foot of the bed, moving over slowly to the little Bunny girl. The simple one piece dress they both wore were quite form fitting, revealing a lot of curves that showed off far more than the Man had ever seen on a Human woman. The jiggling and bouncing from underneath as well as the strain of the fabric were almost legendary. Even the little Bunny girl sported such a massive bust, possibly even bigger than the lady’s.

“Mew mew mewmew mememew nya nyuu mu!”

Bunny Hime continued to talk as if it were the most natural thing to the Man. After nearly a minute of her nonstop ‘talking’, the Medic couldn’t help but giggle cutely and then talk to Bunny Hime in the same manner, mewing, nyaaing and even a mumu at the end! Suddenly Bunny Hime stopped and looked a little unhappy at doing so.

Watching everything play out in front of him made the Man stare and blink his eye a few times at the two of them, wondering what he was watching. His throat was quite parched so whenever he spoke, it cracked a few times and sounded extremely hoarse.

“W-where am I..?”

Bunny Hime just stared up at the Man but the Medic smiled softly down at her and then looking at the Man, she replied.

“You are in Bunny Kingdom and are currently resting inside Bunny Castle. Bunny Hime here found you after you ran into her carriage that was bringing her back from a small trip. You hit the carriage so hard that you broke one of the supports for the corner pillars. Bunny Hime quickly went to see what happened and found you lying on the ground covered in grave wounds and immediately brought you here.”

Suddenly Bunny Hime started mewing a lot and waving her arms around, causing her massive mounds to jiggle and bounce around in a dream-like fashion.

“Yes yes, I know.”

The Man looked at the two with a puzzled expression, wondering what was going on. Bunny Medic suddenly realized that the Man didn’t understand what was being said and then did a translation in his own tongue.

“She says that she was super surprised that something like this would happen. She’s never actually seen a Human before so her curiosity is very high now.”

Even though Bunny Medic tried to hide the nuance, the Man immediately could tell that when she said Human, it was almost the equivalent of saying trash. And the Man could not really disagree to that if history is to be believed. He let out a small laugh and with a pained expression, smiled wryly.

“No need to hide your contempt for Humans. History has shown that Humans should not be trusted, myself included.”

The Man looked up at Bunny Medic, a sad, soft smile on his face.. He then looked up at the ceiling, marble bricks placed meticulously in a way that looked very beautiful, letting out a soft sigh.

“I’m no Historian but even I know what Humans have done in the past and the consequences we’ve paid. It’s not hard to continue holding grudges long after. Most Humans seem to hold that kind of contempt for Non-Humans as well.”

The Man rubbed his dry mouth with his right hand, swallowing hard and licking his dry lips. Bunny Medic looked like she wanted to say something but then held back and then quickly started towards the end of the bed and pulled out a gourd from the medicinal basket, likely holding drink of some sort and offering it to the Man.

With a word of thanks, the Man slowly took it and popped off the cork that was attached by a string to the gourd and didn’t even bother checking to see what the contents were before he started gulping it down, his parched and dry throat thanking him immensely. Suddenly the Man felt a lot more energetic and alive. Both Bunny Medic and Bunny Hime looked at the man in surprise, their eyes a bit wide that he could drink such a fine but strong wine like it was water.

With the gourd drained, the Man offered it back to Bunny Medic with an apologetic but thankful face.

“Thank you…I cannot tell you how long it had been since I last had anything to eat or drink before I crashed into the little lady’s carriage.”

Bunny Medic looked a bit worried hearing that.

“You’ve been out cold for almost a week. If that’s the case, I’m surprised you’re still alive. Speaking of which, were you a survivor of that Great Human War?”

Even little Bunny Hime was mewing and moving her arms about, really curious and then with a slightly stronger than expected tug on his tunic, she was suddenly frowning at the Man and was mumu'ing a lot and then ended with a mugu! A mugu!!

“Bunny Hime! Language! Bunny King would fall out of his chair if he heard what you just said!”

Bunny Medic was quite aghast at Bunny Hime and then looking apologetic to the Man.

“Sorry about that! Sometimes Bunny Hime gets a little too excited and doesn’t remember to mind her manners.”

Completely confused, the Man blinked and couldn’t find the time to retort back that he didn’t understand anything before being questioned again.

“If you were indeed a survivor, then that would mean you’re one of few Humans left in this section of the continent. Not long after the two warring Human nations clashed, the Elves saw a chance and suddenly raided both nations, wiping out all of the Humans they could find. It was a slaughter. That was definitely at least eight days ago...”

The Man nodded his head and had a very bleak expression on his face and his complexion paled a little. He suddenly thought of his Mother and Father. They may have been a bit crass about Non-Humans but they were ultimately good people who tried their best to live on our little farm. If the Elves really did raid the Provinces as well...

“I had a feeling the Elves had such an objective.” There was a very long pause, with which Bunny Hime looked up at the man with a slightly confused face, wondering why he suddenly stopped speaking. The older Bunny girl, though, could see sadness along with many other negative feelings written all over the Man’s face. “I was one of the commanders who lead a company of specialized large weapons combat. I warned my liege that by going to war, we would doom ourselves to extinction. I see that my words held a lot more weight and truth than I would’ve liked.”

The words flowing out of the Man’s mouth were heavy. Bunny Hime never showed any indication that she eve knew what he was talking about but even she could see and hear through his tone of voice that he was immensely sad. With her face looking downcast, Bunny Hime suddenly tugged on the man’s sleeve, pulling him towards her and then with very warm, kind eyes, gave his arm a big hug. The man really appreciated the affection but he could not help but notice the two massive mounds that even made the most ripe of melons look small in comparison were sandwiching his arm between them! A bit of a stir that happened within him and with a soft patting of his right hand on her head, he made sure not to touch the Bunny ears. Just caressing the soft golden blonde locks of hair.

“It’s alright…Bunny Hime..? I’m glad that you wanted to cheer me up. I feel a lot better. Thank you.”

The Man flashed the warmest smile he could muster down to Bunny Hime, which evoked the most brilliant of blushes he had ever seen, even so much as though he could see steam come out of the top of her head, suddenly letting go of him and dashing behind Bunny Medic, hiding behind her and then peeking around the curvy woman’s hips to look up at him in total embarrassment. The Man smiled wryly.

“Oh my...did I say something wrong?”

Bunny Hime suddenly started mewing in soft, almost inaudible noises. Bunny Medic looked down at her in surprise but then smiled and looked back towards the Man.

“Not at all. In fact, I think you just charmed her. Just thinking about it, right after you appeared out of nowhere, she has been doing nothing but talking about you, asking so many questions about you and had even been coming in here multiple times a day wondering if you’d woken up yet. She seems quite attached to you.”

Bunny Medic’s smile showed a bit of slyness to it, making the Man wonder what it was that she was thinking. Holding the gourd in her hands still, she looked down at Bunny Hime and spoke a few things in what the Man can only assume at this point is Bunny language and then went over to the medical basket, putting the gourd back into it and then holding it.

“Seeing that your bandages looked to have been changed before I got here...”

Suddenly Bunny Medic looked down at Bunny Hime, who was only smiling her biggest, brightest smile she could.

“I think it is a good idea to let you rest more. If you’ll excuse me now.”

With a bow, Medic started for the door but was stopped by the Man’s voice calling out to her. Turning around, she looked at him.

“Why go so far for a Human? You have been nothing but hospitable to me but Humans and the Bunny tribe have always never seen eye to eye. Why?”

Bunny Medic only smiled softly and looked down at Bunny Hime, then back at the Man.

“Because Bunny Hime wanted to help you. Since she does not know the prejudices of the Bunny tribe against Humans and the fact that she has never seen one before, she wanted to make sure you were well cared for so that she can ask you lots of questions, fufufu~”

It was the first time the Man heard Bunny Medic giggle like so, making him wonder what kind of fate he would have now that he has been given hospitality by the Bunny tribe. It was an incredibly adorable but ominous giggle.

“I...see. Then I am eternally grateful to Bunny Hime’s kindness for allowing a lowly soldier like me to live. Even though I have absolutely no idea what she says...”

Bunny Hime suddenly looked miffed and started saying a few things, having the feeling that she was mocked in some way, which got both the Man and Bunny Medic smiling wryly and the lady nodding as well.

“Don’t worry. I have been tasked for watching over you and Bunny Hime by the Bunny King, so I can help...translate a few things, fufufu~”

There was that giggle again. In any other situation, the Man would’ve found it incredibly attractive but at this point in time, he was worried about what was behind that gorgeous visage.

“Now, if you’ll excuse us.”

Bunny Medic curtsied and then after Bunny Hime did so as well, albeit a lot more clumsy and cute with her giant chest bouncing quite heavily, they left the room, leaving the Man to his own devices.

“To think that I would run into the Bunny tribe. Well, I am lucky it wasn’t Elves since they would’ve just killed me...”

And with that thought, he laid down and closed his eye, trying his best to get some rest since he was feeling incredibly exhausted now that he actually became conscious.

Before falling to sleep, the Man felt immeasurable sadness as his memories of his family flashed in his mind, causing him to weep and fell asleep doing so.

~

Memories of the great battle flooded into the Man’s mind as he slept. Images of brutal decapitations of both his men and the enemy stuck with him. The ground was soaked in blood, making him wonder if that ground will ever look anything other than blood red again.

Feeling himself stirring, the Man opened his eye only to find Bunny Hime staring directly at him from above. She was standing on a step stool so she was looming over him. Startled quite a bit, the Man flinched back into his pillow, almost reaching up to push the cute little girl away but thankfully was able to catch himself. Feeling a cold sweat and a shiver down his spine, the Man inquired Bunny Hime.

“Um…if you stare that much, you will make me feel embarrassed and nervous..”

As if she knew what the Man said, she slowly started straightening up again but was unable to keep her excitement in check as she reached out and tugged on the sleeve of his tunic, which seemed to have been changed last he recalled. He wondered if it was Bunny Medic who did so. Bunny Hime was mewing and making such a racket. Finally catching on to her tugging, the Man smiled softly.

“You want me to follow you?”

Bunny Hime smiled and then pulled the covers off the Man and pulled him out of bed, causing him to stumble and fall forward, landing on Bunny Hime, whose chest was right at crotch height, suddenly giving her a large embrace to make sure he didn’t fall on the hard floor. The little girl was overcome with embarrassment as she mewed very softly and turning as red as a strawberry.

When the Man straightened himself up, he smiled warmly down at her.

“Sorry. You pulled me a little too hard, you know. Now...where do you want me to go with you?”

Without saying anything, Bunny Hime grabbed a hold of the man’s tunic hem near his tummy and then started pulling on it, leading him out of the open door and into the hallways of the castle. It was a pretty vast structure from the looks of the halls, though unlike Human castles, this one seems a lot more curved since the hallways looked like they were going in a circle. The Man knew nothing about any other race’s structures so this was quite intriguing to him.

Bunny Hime was wearing a different kind of dress today. It was still a one piece but had an open back, so it revealed quite a lot of skin from behind. The straps looked rather thick on her shoulders, likely for two very obvious reasons. The dress tried its best to cover up most of the little Bunny girl’s cleavage but it was impossible with those two huge melons bouncing and swaying in the dress. As she was tugging from the front, she was a solid three and a half to four heads shorter than the Man but her bust belied her tininess and the sides could easily be seen from behind. It was one of the most erotic things he had ever seen. It was beyond simply stimulating. Suddenly he was reminded it had been a very long while since he bedded with a woman, wondering if that was the reason why he was looking at Bunny Hime with lustful eyes.

As if she could tell what he was thinking, Bunny Hime suddenly stopped and looked up at the Man, miffed.

“MEW MEWMEWMEWEW NYU NYEW MU MUGU!!”

Suddenly he was punched in the tummy and she quickly turned around with a ‘hmph!’ and grabbed the tunic a bit more roughly and tugging on him.

The further along she pulled on the Man, the more he could notice a very lovely scent wafting in the air. It smelled delicious and made his tummy rubble and groan out.

Bunny Hime suddenly stopped and looked back up at the Man with a very puzzled expression, pointing to his tummy and speaking in her adorable mews. He nodded and smiled wryly.

“That was indeed me. I haven’t eaten in so long..”

With a panicked expression, she suddenly started running, tugging on his tunic harder and leading in to the kitchen area. The view from behind as she moved quickly stirred the Man’s loins in a way that would be wholly inappropriate under any circumstances but it was getting harder to resist those sudden urges and pangs that he could feel building up.

The kitchen was vast, with around a dozen different cooks dressed up in clothing like he had seen at a bakery before he left for the war. In his mind, he was thinking that dressing was not all that different among races it seemed. One of the important looking Bunny girls in the kitchen area suddenly saw the Man and Bunny Hime and raising an eyebrow, her sudden demeanor caught everyone else’s attention. Some of the Bunny tribe girls reacted in a very negative way, showing their clear disdain for the Man’s presence, others showed an innocent curiosity and there was at least one who the Man could notice immediately looking at him as if she were hungry for a...particular kind of meat. Head Cook Bunny, though, just had an exasperated look on her face.

“Bunny Hime, how many times have I told you not to come into the kitchen while food is being prepared? Is there something you need with that Human?”

Again, the word was stressed in such a way where it was quite clear on what they thought of him. Bunny Hime, though, ignored it and starting doing lots of hand gestures and mewing, then pointing at the Man’s tummy a few times.

“I see. So you want us to fix something for the Human here? And what would you think would happen if that Human were to recover from his hunger and start rampaging through the castle?”

The Man’s left eye twitched out of instinct. The feeling of killing intent filled the room to the brink of exploding. It was so thick it was palpable. He may not be in any condition to fight but his instincts were in high gear. Bunny Hime, though, did not care at all and then started pouting and mewing and waving her hands around, hitting the Man in the process, almost looking like she was about ready to throw a tantrum. Head Cook Bunny started out looking dubious but as the little Bunny continued in her tirade, the woman’s face started to blanch and before long, everyone else in the kitchen started leaving, knowing that if they stuck around, they would have to deal with Bunny Hime’s wrath once she gets angry.

“C-c-calm down, Bunny Hime! N-no no no! I’m not saying I won’t feed him. I will, I will! Just give me f-five minutes!”

Head Cook Bunny’s attitude did a total flip that it was almost unbelievable that it was the same Bunny. Bunny Hime was still yelling out and mewing and pointing her fingers at both Head Cook Bunny and the Man.

“N-no! I-I mean no offense, Bunny Hime! It’s just, he’s a Human!”

It seems that was not something she should’ve said. Bunny Hime suddenly stopped mewing and going on her tirade, resorting to just staring daggers right at Head Cook Bunny, who broke out into such a sweat it was as if she marched all day long as a soldier in heavy gear. It was very...surreal.

“Okay okay! I’ll feed him! Please don’t say anything to Bunny King or Bunny Queen! See? I’m working on his food right now!”

Whatever it was that she was originally preparing, Head Cook Bunny suddenly started preparing some simple meats and cheeses and a fresh loaf of bread that just got out of the oven. Placing them on the table in front of Bunny Hime, the tiny busty girl gave the woman a smile brighter than the sun and then tugged on my shirt, pulling me close to the table, motioning for me to start eating here. I glanced at the Head Cook Bunny, who was a little miffed but considering Bunny Hime was right beside me, she nodded.

“H-here you go, Human. D-don’t think that you’ll get off easy just because Bunny Hime shows affection towards...”

She didn’t finish what she was saying before she noticed Bunny Hime staring daggers at her again, looking none too pleased that someone was not approving of who she chose to be with.

“Okay okay! I’m very sorry, Human! I was wrong!”

With a very deep bow, her forehead almost touched the counter. The Man, startled and taken aback, waved his hands at Head Cook Bunny.

“P-please, it’s alright. I expected it. Speaking of which...does Bunny Hime here hold that much power?”

Head Cook Bunny let out a soft sigh and shook her head.

“It’s...hard to resist her charms. If she doesn’t like you, she will act as if you don’t exist. It’s very painful…”

It was almost as if Head Cook Bunny has suffered that punishment before. While she was giving her explanation, the Man was busy chowing down on everything in front of it. It was a meal that could have fed at least 3 soldiers but he managed to wolf down even the crumbs, leaving nothing left. Both Bunny Hime and Head Cook Bunny were surprised by the sight. They never saw someone ravenously eat something so quickly. A pitcher of water had been provided as well with a glass but the Man didn’t even use the glass and drank directly from the pitcher, polishing it all of as if it were nothing.

“W-wow...” “Mew...”

Both ladies were stunned. The Man had gotten back some of the life in his complexion after eating everything, surprising Head Cook Bunny.

“Y-you were a bit hungry, huh..?”

“I guess I was haha...”

The Head Cook Bunny could not help but smile a bit more naturally. Bunny Hime was satisfied with the results and started tugging on the Man’s tunic hem again, mewing for him to follow.

“T-thank you for the meal. It was delicious.”

Head Cook Bunny didn’t say anything and just nodded to the two dashing out of the room as quickly as they had come in. She couldn’t help but sit down for a bit and shake her head.

“I have a feeling that things are going to be quite hectic for a while...”

~

As the Man continued to be dragged around by Bunny Hime, it was only a matter of time before they would run into one of the guards standing post to the throne room where Bunny King and Bunny Queen currently resided. Standing even taller than the Man, one of the guards held out his gauntlet clad hand to motion for her to stop, pointing at the Man.

"...Humans are not allowed beyond this point without Bunny King’s explicit permission, Bunny Hime. Your parents gave you explicit instruction not to do anything capricious when it came to that Human."

Bunny Sentry's metallic voice rang through the full face visor of his helmet, designed in such a way that one could not see any details inside but it seems that the user can see everything going on from within the helmet. Being one of the biggest Bunny tribe men in the whole kingdom, it was not a surprise to see such a tall guard for one of the most important royal families of the non-Human world.

Bunny Hime pouted and looked up at Bunny Sentry, moving her hands around in wide circles, mewing and, from the sound of her voice, complaining to Bunny Sentry. The Man could not help but notice even more the more violent swaying of the massive orbs that have been constantly at his attention. Then, something else caught his eye. He saw a cute fluffy white ball of fur right above Bunny Hime's butt, sticking out of the dress almost like an accessory. It was very hard to resist wanting to give it a touch and see if it was just a dress accessory or if, much like the ears, it was real.

"...Bunny Hime."

Bunny Sentry's voice was quite deep and serious, which caused Bunny Hime to suddenly stop complaining and moving her arms and Bunny ears and swaying bust--which were still bouncing around slightly even after stopping. Her face went from being cutely angry to just pure angry, losing all of her adorable charm that made one want to let out a gentle laugh as she'd show her more than slightly spoiled demeanor.

Something feels off.

The Man suddenly felt tension in the air. His instincts were telling him that he needed to step back and almost did so. He could not tell if it was coming from Bunny Hime or Bunny Sentry but both were exuding a very similar aura. Nothing was said for a few seconds but Bunny Sentry then broke the silence.

"...If Bunny King finds out, he will be very mad at me for not doing my job."

Suddenly the tension in the air left and Bunny Hime put on the most brilliant smile she's ever done, giving the fully armored Bunny man a really big hug from the front. The Man could not help but notice the way she was pressing against the hard armor made her already massive bust look even bigger from the sides, squishing outward and looking to spread nearly as wide as Bunny Sentry's armor at the hips. It was more than just a little bit of a treat to watch.

Bunny Sentry let out a cough.

"...Tread carefully, Bunny Hime."

Giving her his warning, she looked up at Bunny Sentry and nodded, her smile not leaving her lips before she turned to the Man quickly, making her dress look as if it was going to rip from the excessive amounts of moving. He wondered if the cloth was some sort of magic fiber that was able to withstand such physical sizes. Then she reached out and instead of grabbing at the Man's hem like she had been doing all this time, she reached out to grab his right hand, the one that was still uninjured, mewing and even let out a small purr?!

The Man looked at Bunny Sentry with a blinking expression and could hear an audible sigh and a soft voice directed at him.

"...Don't misunderstand Bunny Hime's affection, Human. She is just going through one of her whims."

Those heavy words had a lot of weight to them but the Man already knew deep down that that was likely the case, hence why he has not bothered to resist at all.

The Man was also grateful that she was the one who saved him and allowed him to live so at this point, his life was literally in the palm of Bunny Hime's hands. Or paws, perhaps?

After the encounter with Bunny Sentry, Bunny Hime seemed to be in both a very bad and a very good mood. She was making pouty faces and sounding quite irritated with her mews and muus but whenever she looked at the Man, her face brightened up to the point where it was almost too brilliant to look directly at her. It made him smile wryly at what he had gotten himself into.

Soon, Bunny Hime had dragged the Man out into the main front courtyard through one of the doors to the side that were used by soldiers and staff members, pointing out many things such as the way the castle was built like a circle instead of with edges like a square like most Human castles. It was truly intriguing.

There was a very large tree in one of the corners of the courtyard and Bunny Hime was dragging the Man over there, tugging on his hand to move faster, though it was still hard for him to properly walk since his legs and feet were still so sore. More so considering he was not actually wearing footwear. When she got to the large tree trunk, Bunny Hime pointed at it and then pointed at the Man, saying something. As usual, the Man couldn't understand her almost at all, looking confused.

Bunny Hime looked a bit miffed and started to look irritated then suddenly pulled on the Man's hand and pulled him to the tree. Then she pushed his back to the trunk and then tugged on his right arm to motion for him to sit down, which he finally understood, sliding down and sitting on the very soft bright emerald colored grass underneath crosslegged. Then without warning she suddenly sat in the man's lap, pressing her back against the Man's chest. Her Bunny ears were almost pointing straight up and brushing against the man's face but then they kind of drooped forward, her giggling all the while. Then she took both of his hands and pulled them around her waist, which was kind of hard to do because her massive bust actually touched her legs while she sat down so the perky spheres were pressing quite nicely against his forearms.

The Man was thankful that Bunny Hime didn't tug on his left arm too hard since it still hurt really badly, though it felt like most of the bones were healed up since he could move his fingers perfectly fine again. She started to hum some kind of tune and looked truly elated, smiling with her eyes closed and moving her head side to side along with her body, rubbing up against the man's chest and crotch with her back and butt. It was getting harder and harder for the burning desire in his loins to be resisted but the Man was successfully able to do so. The worst thing that could ever happen is if he lost favor with her.

The Man's life would be forfeit then.

It felt like he was there for hours whenever he heard a familiar voice calling out to Bunny Hime.

"There you are! I had been looking for you. We need to get you dressed! You have a very special guest today, Bunny Hime."

The Man broke out of his reverie and then noticed that Bunny Hime was actually sleeping against him, her chest moving up and down slowly before she started stirring from the familiar voice calling out to her. Bunny Medic quickly walked over to the two of them and had a warm smile that soon turned into a wicked and irritated smile.

"Hooo...Bunny Hime is being quite the naughty and bold girl, isn't she?"

Hearing those words, Bunny Hime suddenly awoke and looked up at Bunny Medic and pouted, making a few motions with her hands, which then quickly removed his hands from around her waist, as well as removing the warmth of her underbust resting atop his forearms. Then she hastily stood up and pointed directly into the Man's face, saying more than a few choice mews and nuus

A nuu is different from a muu.

.

The Man could not tell what was being said at all and if there really was anything said at all. So far he's only heard Bunny Hime and Bunny Medic talking in such a manner and it was only once with Bunny Medic.

"Hm hm hm~! I see, I see~. Does Bunny Hime want to be punished?"

Suddenly the air became tense again but this time it wasn't from Bunny Hime but from Bunny Medic. There was a menacing aura around her that almost seemed visible, exuding a darkness around her that made her look truly sinister. Unlike usual, Bunny Hime this time looked rather nervous and then looked at the Man, letting out a soft mew which really struck at his heart strings in a way that almost made him want to instinctively protect her.

"No way, little Bunny! You promised your father that you would be a good girl and listen to the staff. From what I've heard, not only did you make Head Chef Bunny prepare food for him but you even allowed him to pass through Bunny Sentry and the other guards. If you do anymore, I will get angry, you know~ fufufu~"

Scary! The giggle at the end totally did not match her facial expression!

It seemed that Bunny Hime knew what kind of predicament she was in and with her ears drooping down to the point where they were touching her head and hanging in front of her face, she nodded.

"That's a good Bunny. Now, what will we do with you..?"

Bunny Medic now looked at the Man, trying to think of something and also looking a bit troubled, causing him to finally break his silence.

"...Is something the matter? I mean, obviously I am a problem but is there something going on that causes my existence here to be even more burdensome?"

Bunny Medic looked at the Man with a dumbfounded expression, blinked a few times and then let out a softer, more adorable "fufufu~" and nodded a few times.

"You...are quite sharp. Yes, a bit of a...problem has arisen. Considering you are Bunny Hime's guest, it's hard for even Bunny King and Bunny Queen to suddenly remove you because she would then likely run away. Again."

Suddenly the Man felt sympathetic to the Bunny royal family and all that they employed to watch over Bunny Hime.

"The problem is that the Prince of Elves is making an unannounced visit here. He will be arriving within the hour. Unfortunately, his messenger he just sent had already spotted you so there may be a few...issues."

The Man's face blanched. He knew full well what kind of Elf the Prince of Elves was. There was something about him that was extremely sinister. Once he was old enough to retain power within the Elven Empire, the Prince of Elves was the one who made the moves to push the Human empires down to near extinction. Considering the Man's condition, if something were to happen, he would not be able to properly defend himself. Plus his only weapon was not only broken but also not at his side.

"That...is a problem. I've met the Prince of Elves once before on the battlefields. One of the few times the Humans were able to push back the Elves, many years ago when I was but a young soldier. He's not someone I can see...anyone getting used to."

Bunny Medic put on a smile that was borderline seductive and nodding, giggling.

"Fufufu~ For a Human, your intuition and instincts are very sharp."

She didn't say anything more, neither confirming nor denying what the Man was feeling deep within his gut. Bunny Medic gently took Bunny Hime's small hand and then motioned with her head for the Man to follow them.

~

The Prince of Elves.

The Tyrant.

The most powerful Elf in the whole Empire.

Many Elves spoke praises of the Prince of Elves, showering him with love and affection. That Elf really knew how to get into the hearts of the people and move them with his honeyed words and have them to do his bidding. There were many Elves opposed to the way Prince of Elves did things but those were a minority compared to the vast portion of the Elven empire that sung praises of him, more so after they pushed back the Human empires and reclaimed much of their lost land from thousands of years ago.

The Man heard many stories of Prince of Elves and after meeting with him the first time on the battlefield, it was not something that he would want to do again. Prince of Elves is a brutal dictator, a tyrant in the garb of an Elf “for the people”. Most of the Elves listened to his sweet words without thinking at all, even on the battlefield.

When the Man first witnessed just how brutal the Prince of Elves was to his army and showed just how little that Elf thought of everyone and everything other than himself and his pride, he and the Human generals whom the Man fought alongside and protected knew that Prince of Elves would be a major problem.

The Man actually fought head to head with Prince of Elves in battle. It was the only time Prince of Elves made an actual appearance on the battlefield. Due to the Man's inexperience at the time, he lost pretty handily but not before being able to wound Prince of Elves' perfect, beautiful face, marring it with a scar from the base of the elf's chin all the way up the left side of his cheek to right underneath the left eye. The Man was lucky to leave with his life after that but that was the deciding factor in the Humans winning that battle.

Sadly, that was what fueled that Tyrant into winning the war.

~

Bunny Hime and Bunny Medic noticed that the Man was in a reverie of sorts, looking both deep in thought and deeply troubled by the news of Prince of Elves' arrival. Neither said anything to the Man and led him to the hallway that led to the medical room where he was originally.

"Bunny Hime wants you to be with her when she goes to see Prince of Elves."

Bunny Medic suddenly spoke, causing the Man's face to grow dark and then look down at the innocent looking Bunny Hime who was smiling and tugging on his shirt like she was begging for his permission. He looked back at Bunny Medic, his face unchanging.

"I don't know if Prince of Elves remembers but we...have a history. I cannot predict what his reaction will be if he saw me."

Both Bunny girls were surprised to hear this new bit of news.

"...What kind of history?"

Bunny Medic was quite curious.

"I was the one who put the scar across his face. From here. To here."

The Man made the motion with his right index finger from his chin to right under his left eye. Bunny Medic's mouth dropped open and then closed it, then opened it a few more times, looking like she was trying to say something and then stopping herself quickly. Then she finally broke the silence.

"That...is a problem. Every time Prince of Elves comes to visit, he is always complaining about how a certain lowly Human marred his perfect face and how it became a driving force to really push the eradication of Humans."

The Man nodded.

"Indeed. Does Bunny Hime still want me to be with her, though?"

Without missing a beat, Bunny Hime looked up at the Man and nodded energetically with a huge smile. Unable to help himself, the Man gently plopped his hand atop the little Bunny's head and started petting her golden locks again. Then he suddenly realized what he did and quickly pulled his hand away, apologizing quickly.

Bunny Hime was full on blushing and suddenly dashed behind Bunny Medic and hid her face against her dress again.

"Oh my~"

Bunny Medic could only smile and giggle at Bunny Hime's reaction. Then she turned her attention back to the Man, a smile spreading across her face that suddenly made him shiver, sending a very cold chill down his spine.

"Yes...I think that may work. Yes, yes...I'll have to immediately talk with Bunny King and Bunny Queen about this. Come, Bunny Hime! We have to talk with your parents about something."

Confused, the Man didn't know what was going through Bunny Medic's head at all. He may be sharp but he's not psychic.

"Stay here, Human. We will come back for you if things proceed smoothly."

Then both Bunny girls left in rather a hurry, Bunny Hime almost being dragged out as she was protesting in her cute little mews, looking like she didn't want to break away from him for some reason. When the door closed with a loud thud, he wondered what he would do. Sitting down on the bench at the foot of the bed, he went into deep thought about a few things, lapsing back into thinking of his family, bearing a forlorn expression on his face.

~

Soon, the two Bunny girls came back, opening the door quickly and shaking the Man from his deep thoughts, looking surprised and then suddenly shot straight to his feet whenever he saw a Bunny man in majestic, regal robes of red, white and emerald colors. Suddenly, the Man knelt down on his right knee with his left arm across his left knee and his right arm crossing over his chest.

"Y-your liege!"

The Man broke out into a sweat, wondering what it was that the royal Bunny King wanted with him, a Human solder. Even if they may not be the same race, deep respect should always be shown to royal families, especially in the Man's mind.

"You may stand at attention, Human."

Without a second thought, the Man stood straight up and stood at attention like he always did in the army, looking slightly up at an angle, not facing the Bunny King directly.

"Hmm...good, good. This Human has good manners. Are you sure his story is true?"

Bunny King looked over to Bunny Medic and she honestly shrugged her shoulders.

"I do not know, your excellency. But it is worth a try."

The King looked the Man up and down, suddenly reaching out and taking the man's left hand that was still in a splint and poking and prodding it in various places. The Man felt intense pain shooting through his arm but still held himself steadfast, not flinching at all but did start breaking out into a heavy sweat because of both the pain and nervousness. His life, he assumed, was on the line here and had no string to grasp at. He was in the palm of the Bunny tribe.

"Was it really broken, Bunny Medic?"

"Yes sir. There were many fractures and even a bone that was snapped but thankfully was still in place, making setting the bones easier."

The King continued to poke and prod all over the Man's body, touching every one of the wounds that the Man suffered in that great battle. Bunny Medic continued to talk.

"There were many places where it looked as if he were completely run through with swords, spears, and arrows that seem to have been pulled out. Frankly, he should not be alive. It is a marvel that he was able to walk for as long as he did in his condition without any food or water with such fatal wounds. I still cannot tell you how he is alive."

Bunny Medic was speaking in slow, cold words much like the physicians the Man had come across before. He's always known to have a good constitution but he didn't think that it was all that special.

The King nodded.

"If the Bunny tribe's best medical specialist cannot begin to understand how you survived, you are truly a unique Human."

Then Bunny King paused and looked deep in thought, looking like he came to a conclusion. He let go of the Man's hand and stepped back, motioning for Bunny Sentry to come in.

"Prepare some armor for this Human. You said he had a weapon, right?"

"Yes sir. It was an extremely long and large blade that our smiths had never seen before. It was broken beyond repair but the weaponsmiths have been at the forge without end the whole time, trying to figure out how the blade was made. It has given them more enthusiasm than I've ever seen."

'Just who is Bunny Medic? She can't just be a normal Physician if she discusses more than just the health of people...'

"Alright. Have them prepare one of the best prototypes they've been able to create. I want to see the Human inside the throne room before the Prince of Elves arrives. And make sure that he has a full face helmet."

"...Yes sire, as you wish."

Sentry bowed slightly, crossing his right arm to his chest and then without anything else being said, Bunny King, Bunny Queen—who had been silent the whole time and watching with a smile—Bunny Medic and Bunny Hime all left, though the last had to be dragged out by Bunny Medic, all the while crying out and mewing. When the door closed behind Bunny Sentry, it was just him and the Man standing in the large room.

"What is going on?"

The man inquired, wondering what it was that had gotten even the King involved.

"...I do not know the details but it seems Bunny Chancellor has come up with an idea. You may not know but...us Bunny tribe do not much like the current Prince of Elves. Before his arrival to the Elven royal family, Bunny tribe and Elves were partners and had a peaceful relationship with each other. We have a non-hostile agreement that stated both races would not harm the other and fairly trade amongst each other. But when Prince of Elves came into being, all of this changed."

Bunny Sentry stopped talking.

'Oi. Oi! You can't just suddenly stop talking when you get to the important part!'

The Man was screaming inside his mind since he didn't want to say that aloud. He didn't know how Sentry would react to his comical retort. With a very wry smile, the Man nodded and then scratched his cheek.

"I...see. Something like that happened with the Humans as well..."

Put into thought, the Man was thinking of a few events that happened right after Prince of Elves got into power to be able to command the Elven armies. Something didn't sound right and Bunny Sentry nodded his head when he saw the puzzled look on the Man's face.

"...It is strange, isn't it?"

"...Yes, it is."

"...Maybe...that is what Bunny Chancellor is thinking."

The Man looked at Bunny Sentry with a puzzled expression but the tall Bunny didn't say anything more and then opened up the door.

"Come with me. I will do as the King commanded."

Without saying a word, the Man followed Bunny Sentry down to the workshop of the blacksmiths of the Bunny tribe.

~

The forges were burning hot like the passion of two lovers. The Man didn’t know too much about blacksmiths but had overheard a few of his war buddies who were blacksmiths for the army and they said that depending on the materials and the way certain metals had to be forged, the temperature had to be really high. Looking around at the place full of metal constructs of various shapes and sizes, it was quite interesting. A lot more rough than the beautifully made Elven equipment and looked a lot less durable than what the Humans could make. It was a bit of a surprise, though understandable since the Bunny tribe were not inherently violent people as well as more agile than either the Elves or Humans and usually desired lightweight, free flowing armor.

“...Here is the Human who had that very large sword.”

Sentry Bunny stopped in front of another Bunny man who was shorter in stature but more muscular overall, making the Man look small compared to those two. The Blacksmith Bunny had a brown bandanna wrapped around his forehead, soaked in sweat and mostly covered in soot and was wearing a large apron to cover as much of his body as it could from the heat and searing hot metal fragments that went everywhere.

“Ohh! Bunny Chancellor talked to me about both him and the weapon he brought. It was the most unique weapon we had ever seen. Under most circumstances, the Bunny tribe wouldn’t be able to wield such a weapon unless they underwent years of training. It was just that different. Human, was that giant sword your main weapon?”

Being asked directly by Blacksmith Bunny, the Man nodding immediately.

“It is. I was part of a...”

Suddenly the Man stopped talking, thinking that it may not be best to talk about such things. Then after looking at the two Bunny men, he let out a soft sigh and nodded to himself.

“I was part of an expert division that specialized in that particular weapon. We weren’t trained in any other weapon. That caused us to be a sort of middleman between Infantry and Spear Units. We were the all rounders who took care of both Infantry and Calvary at the same time. That weapon was designed to take down a unit riding a horse as well as the horse itself, usually by taking the horse’s head off along with cutting the unit on the horse in half in one swing of the blade.”

Blacksmith Bunny’s face looked a little sickly after that explanation but Bunny Sentry showed no reaction at all. The Man assumed that Bunny Sentry had likely seen battle before and seen violence of a similar sort.

“That’s a very...gruesome way of fighting. Hearing that explanation now makes me understand the concept behind it and thankfully that was something along the right track of what we were going for in replicating it. Your weapon was unrepairable but it was still in great condition to examine. My apprentice should be making the final touches on our most recent prototype.”

The sound of polishing could be heard in the background and the Man looked over to see a very young looking Bunny girl polishing the massive blade, looking like she had already honed the blade. She was a fair beauty with twinkling amethyst eyes and gorgeous blonde hair pulled back into a ponytail that was twisted onto itself and put behind a kerchief that she wore on her head, covering her forehead. Her apron was made of cloth and underneath looked to be a rather flat looking body without many curves. He couldn’t tell whether she was just that young or if she wasn’t blessed like the previous female Bunnies he’s seen already.

The blade was a bit thicker than the Man’s previous weapon but other than that, it looked very similar. He looked over at Blacksmith Bunny.

“May I?”

With a smile on his face larger than it should’ve been, Blacksmith Bunny didn’t suspect the Man of anything at all, which made his heart feel a little better in this almost hopeless situation.

Reaching over to Apprentice Bunny, she noticed the Man quickly and for a second, jumped away from him, holding the blade protectively.

“Apprentice, don’t be that way. If it wasn’t for him, we wouldn’t have been able to create such a piece at all.”

Pouting a bit, soon Apprentice Bunny looked up at the Man and reluctantly offered him the grip of the sword.

Taking the massive blade that they created with his right hand, the Man adjusted himself to where his hand touched the bottom of the hilt and with a quick motion, picked it up rather easily, raising his eyebrow and then holding it up in the air about two meters horizontal to the ground.

“L-light! This is much lighter than my blade! How is it lighter even though the metal is thicker?”

Blacksmith Bunny smirked quite playfully and shook his head.

“Bunny tribe secret. Though I will give you a hint: it is the type of metal we use. Bunny tribe blacksmiths do not use iron based metals.”

That would explain a lot. Iron--and especially Steel--were very good metals when tempered properly and could be very hard but the downside was that they were very heavy--especially Steel.

Moving the blade up and down with his arm, it was almost half the weight of his original blade. It was...staggering. He was wondering that, due to the lightness, it wouldn’t be able to cut through things like his blade could due to the weight of the blade itself acting as force.

“Do you have anything to test this on?”

The Man had a glint in his eye that was not there before. He had to test this blade. He had to figure out its potential.

“Mmm...I don’t know if the Bunny King or Bunny Chancellor would like it if you did so but...let me find something…”

Blacksmith Bunny looked around his shop and then came across a thick piece of tree trunk that needed to be cut anyway. He pointed at it since it was already ready to be cut, right outside in the small courtyard to the side of his open air smithy.

The Man spotted the tree trunk, propped up and looked to be ready for sawing. Swinging the blade to the back of his head, he rested the blunt edge of the sword against his neck and back of the head, angling the sword in a way that was natural to swing. When he got outside he stood about a meter from the log and then did a few practice swings downward. First with one hand and then gripping near the pommel with his left, even though it still hurt to move it in such a way. That gave him even more power and leverage, causing the blade to go down so fast that Bunny Sentry could not see the blade move at all. It was a pretty frightening thing to witness first hand.

Bunny Sentry realized that the Man was far, far more skilled as a solider than he first expected. As the Man didn’t particularly look battle hardened or give off an aura of an expert soldier--outside of all of his wounds from the last battle--there weren’t any scars or calluses on his hands that showed just how much training most soldiers go through.

“Alright, this blade feels good. I like the balance. It just feels weird because of how light it is, though.”

The Man talked to himself and then prepared himself quickly. With a quick downward swing that the three Bunny spectators were not expecting to be so quick, the blade was already at his shoulder again, resting against the back of his head with his left hand shaking a bit, pain running up his shoulder. The three Bunnies couldn’t believe their eyes, though.

Not only did the Man cut through the meter thick tree trunk in one slice, the ground was actually cut as well at least three meters behind the trunk.

“This is a good blade indeed. I don’t know if it’ll cut through a horse head like the original but it can handle wood quite well haha!”

The Man let out a laugh and then went back over to the three Bunnies whose jaws were still open, surprised and unable to immediately see anything. The first to break the silence was Bunny Sentry.

“...It seems the weapon is a success?”

The Man looked a bit confused and couldn’t help but shrug his shoulders.

“To be honest, I do not know. It’s very hard to tell if a weapon is good or not unless its tested against flesh and bone, since that tends to be harder to cut through than wood. But the way I see it, it’s got a lot of potential, especially for an extremely lightweight blade.”

Blacksmith Bunny was rather happy about that, looking at Apprentice Bunny, who was elated and very happy as well.

“It seems that all our hard work paid off then. We had at least two failures before that where the blades broke in the middle of forging due to the very odd way the weapon is made. I’m sure we can make it even thinner considering we were trying new forging techniques as well that we read in some Human books a while back.”

Sentry looked at me and nodded.

“Now that we have an acceptable blade, I would say that armor would be next but unfortunately we don’t have time so all we can do is give you a helmet to hide your face.”

“Ohh, that I do have right here.”

Blacksmith Bunny quickly moved to a certain table that had a number of forged items on it. He came back just as quickly with a helmet that had a face visor on it. It looked to be a rather standard helmet, slightly rounded with two large feathers that looked like Bunny ears poking out of the top. It was quite the well-made helmet.

“I prepared this. Apprentice Bunny had a bit of fun with the design after it was forged though...”

Blacksmith Bunny knocked the girl upside the head with his left fist while his right hand held out the helmet for the Man to grab, taking it from the Bunny man’s large hand. Then he put the helmet on his head, which fit like a glove.

“It fits...perfectly.”

“I should hope so. Bunny Chancellor gave us the dimensions for your head.”

The Man figured the Chancellor must’ve gotten that information from Bunny Medic, who would know that kind of information. Now that he was set up, Bunny Sentry moved to the door, motioning for the Man to come with.

“Good luck making a better weapon than this.”

“Thanks. I guess not all Humans are bad if they allowed us a learning experience, right Apprentice?”

Blacksmith Bunny was smacking Apprentice Bunny on the back, her not looking very happy at that gesture but seemed to know things would go badly if she protested. She also didn’t say anything and just turned her head away from the Man, who looked at her with a puzzled look.

“Don’t let it get to you, Human. She’s not very...friendly towards Humans. I’m sure you’ve seen a number of Bunnies acting similarly as well.”

The Man nodded and then was told by Bunny Sentry to follow. Looking back, he nodded at Blacksmith Bunny and his Apprentice, quickly moving through the courtyard and into the castle, going towards the throne room.

~

“...Things may go badly, Human, if the Prince of Elves sees you carrying a weapon so hand it over for now.”

Sentry held out his left hand for the Man to place the blade into it, almost reluctant to part with the blade. It had felt like an eternity since he last had a blade in his hand and used it properly. He has never gone so long without practicing.

Placing it into Bunny Sentry’s hand, the Man then adjusted the helmet a bit to make sure he could see out of the visor properly. Due to the nature of his division, wearing full visor helmets were very bad for vision so he’s not used to wearing one at all.

When they both got to a huge set of double doors, Bunny Sentry’s visored helmet looked down at the Man, speaking a few last words of caution.

“...This may not go well even if I treat you like a prisoner, Human. No hard feelings if you get killed.”

The Man looked up at Bunny Sentry with a rather curious expression, unseen. He then nodded.

“Understandable. My life has been forfeit ever since I survived that war. Whatever happens will happen. Godspeed.”

Saying his words of peace, Bunny Sentry let out an agreeable grunt and then pushed open the massive wooden double doors to the throne room, at the very top of a set of marble stairs that was part of a vast chamber that led out to the main courtyard.

Before the Man could even take four steps in, he was already at swordpoint by an Elven swordsman.

“How dare you Bunny tribesmen bring a Human into the presence of Prince of Elves! Remove him at once! Or I shall do it for you.”

Elven Swordsman’s words dripped of pure venom, poisonous and vile. It was not surprising to the Man, though, and more or less expected it. The feeling of the tip of the Elven made longsword against his throat was quite refreshing in a number of ways and also allowed him to clear his mind of a slight fogginess that seemed to settle the whole time he’s been here.

“...Stop that nonsense, Elven Swordsman. You are in the presence of Bunny King in the Bunny Kingdom. You have no right to demand anything when in another’s kingdom...Isn’t that right, Prince of Elves?”

Bunny Sentry’s voice was a bit more cold and irritated than the Man had heard before. It was a surprise since he usually spoke in a pretty deadpan tone.

Elven Swordsman looked irate and was about to move his sword from the Man to Bunny Sentry before a regal voice spoke up.

“Stop that nonsense, Swordsman. You are making the Elves look bad.”

Prince of Elves himself spoke up, standing near the steps that led up to the thrones where Bunny King and Bunny Queen resided, with Bunny Hime standing beside her father and Bunny Medic standing beside the Queen.

Making an audible clicking sound with his tongue, Elven Swordsman sheathed his weapon and then stood off to the side back where his original position was. It looked like Prince of Elves brought about six specialized soldiers with him on this trip: one swordsman, one priest, one spearman, one archer, one mage and another that looked to be of importance; likely a noble Elf or Prince of Elves’ right hand man.

Bunny Sentry continued forward and the Man followed in suit, making sure he acted as if he were interacting with his own King. It was truly a shame, the Man was thinking. The Human King of his country was supposed to be a wise man that did not fall easily for tricks.

As the two of them got to the steps, Bunny Sentry knelt down right before the first step and then the Man did so in quick succession.

“You may rise, Bunny Sentry, Human.”

Doing so, the Man glanced over at Prince of Elves to his right, unable to completely see due to his right eye being covered but he noticed the large gash on Prince of Elves’ cheek.

“As I was saying before, Bunny King. I came here because I wanted to see your daughter, the beautiful Bunny Hime. Is her fiancé not allowed to gaze upon the woman whom he will soon wed and bed?”

Bunny Hime glared at Prince of Elves with the most hateful and disgusting face she could manage, turning her head away, then looking at the Man and looked as if she were going to dash to him and tug on his tunic once more to be dragged around on her whim.

Bunny King let out a rather heavy sigh, closing his deep sea blue eyes and then opening them back up, looking at Prince of Elves.

“That was indeed a part of the agreement. Originally.”

As soon as Prince of Elves heard that last word, his face turned to that of hatred.

“What do you mean, ‘originally’?”

Bunny King waved his right hand towards Bunny Medic, who stepped forward and rolled out a piece of parchment that she had tucked under her left armpit, almost hidden entirely because of her vast volume of bust.

“Bunny King allowed me to do some...research into a few things. If you will allow me to reveal the contents of my discoveries, I will begin.”

“You may, Bunny Chancellor.”

Wait, Chancellor? CHANCELLOR!? Was Bunny Medic the Chancellor the whole time? The Man really couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

Prince of Elves was about to talk back before Bunny King gave her consent. He knew that if he talked back in front of Bunny King, he would be thrown out of the throne room, losing a vital ‘ally’. He bit his lip rather hard and nodded in agreement as well.

“Thank you, your majesty. There were a few things that had Prince of Elves originally proposed to Bunny Kingdom for our allyship. One of these things was a non-aggression agreement with each other. I have found evidence, though, that a certain band of Elves had been harassing parts of the Bunny tribe for quite some time now. Even worse, these Elves were masquerading as Humans to put even more blame against Humans.”

This was definitely news to the Man but everything now started to make sense with events happening in the past few years. His commanding officers were worried about the rumors of Humans attacking the Bunny tribe a number of years ago. There was always something odd about that considering Humans never really left their lands. And even if there were Human bandits that would harass the Bunny tribe, they were taken care of quickly by Human hands and was quickly alleviated by the Man’s King profusely apologizing for his people’s transgressions. The Man’s country and the Bunny tribe were also in a non-aggression agreement and though people disliked anyone non-Human, they did not outright hate them or want to kill them, outside of a few fringe groups that were always quashed before they gained steam.

Bunny Chancellor continued.

“We were able to figure out these Elven skirmish groups were in fact a part of Prince of Elves’ private army.”

Prince of Elves looked visibly shocked, protesting immediately.

“How dare you claim that some of my own personal army was involved in such, such barbaric violence and discrimination! Where is your proof!? I will only tolerate so much!”

Bunny Chancellor smiled softly and then snapped her fingers together, summoning a different Bunny soldier to the throne room from the left, dragging along with him an Elf with shackles on both his arms and legs. He looked a little pale but otherwise in good health. Prince of Elves looked at what he was witnessing and pointed at Bunny King.

“What kind of joke is this!? What have you done with one of my Elven people!?”

Bunny King did not say anything, his bright eyes looking down at Prince of Elves with only the most remote of interests. Bunny Chancellor smiled and then proceeded.

“This Elf was one of the skirmishers we were able to capture on the very outskirts of our lands on the board with the Elven Kingdom. Originally thinking they were Human, we finally were able to capture one, who was injured from one of our arrows. Don’t worry, we have treated him well. Elves should know how the Bunny tribe treats their prisoners of war.

“We Bunny tribesman are very loyal to our allies and to the agreements we make with them, as well as agreements and documents made to our enemies as well. These little skirmishes to build antagonism and hate towards Humans breaks one of the clauses in the non-aggression agreement the Bunny tribe signed before you came into power, Prince of Elves. Did you never bother to read that document?”

Prince of Elves’ looked livid, visibly shaking and had his eyes cast down. Then with a venom filled gaze, he pointed at the Man standing a little distance off.

“Do not tell me that you Bunny tribe want to protect this human! All Humans deserve to be eradicated! Our Elven pride was crushed long ago but now, we have that pride back, showing the whole world who the superior race is!”

“Stop this nonsense, Prince of Elves!”

Bunny King yelled out in an extremely dark tone.

“You may be heir to the throne of the Elves but you are yet not it’s ruler. Retract your words.”

Now the Man understood where Bunny Hime got her temper from. The King looked majestic and absolute, sitting on his throne of gold and bright emerald cushions, pointing at the Prince of Elves. The aura around him, though, was oppressing. It was so heavy that the Man almost instinctively stepped back.

Prince of Elves face blanched a little and then composed himself, letting out a small cough and then motioned for the regal looking Elf to come to his side. There seemed to be a few words of exchange and then the regal Elf stepped forward.

“Prince of Elves vehemently apologizes for his grossly misguided words, your majesty.”

Regal Elf bowed deeply while Prince of Elves still had a look in his eyes of superiority but had to show a visage of capitulation, bowing his head ever so slightly.

That face was really starting to grate on the Man’s nerves. It was them very eyes that he despised and was why he challenged Prince of Elves in the first place. His right fist was balled up so tightly that blood was dripping from his fingers. Bunny Sentry, Bunny Hime and Bunny Chancellor/Medic noticed his reactions. It was Bunny Sentry who put his hand on the Man’s shoulder, speaking very softly.

“...Don’t. It’s not worth it.”

As if Bunny Sentry could read what the Man was thinking, there were a few long, deep breaths from the Man. He slowly calmed himself down and loosened his grip. Bunny Hime looked worried since there was still blood dripping from his hand but the Chancellor only smiled ever so slightly and looked back at Prince of Elves and Regal Elf.

“The Elf we captured had a note with him that has your seal on it, Prince of Elves. It stated to cause as much havoc as possible to show just how barbaric Humans are. If it wasn’t for this discovery, the Bunny tribe would likely have suffered the same fate as the Humans have.”

Prince of Elves couldn’t help but smile, thinking he still had the upper hand.

“How do you know if that seal wasn’t counterfeit and it was actually someone else trying to frame me?”

As if expecting that question, Bunny Chancellor smiled rather deviously and then snapped her fingers ago. Suddenly from behind her, a small table was brought to her side by another Bunny girl--looking both incredibly cute and professional in her maid outfit--and the Chancellor motioned for Regal Elf to come up to where she was.

“Regal Elf, if you’ll be so kind as to come up here, we’ll prove what we have discovered is true.”

Prince of Elves looked at Regal Elf and nodded his head. Regal Elf then slowly ascended the stairs, stopping in front of the table. He was then handed a piece of parchment that had Prince of Elves’ seal on it.

“This looks legitimate.”

Once Regal Elf confirmed that that document was real, Bunny Chancellor pulled out another piece of parchment that was pulled from the captured Elf. Using a knife, she took off piece of the seal and dropped each of them onto a glass plate. Then she picked up a vial filled with a clear liquid, handing it over to the Elf. Once he had confirmed that there was nothing funny about it, he handed it back to the Chancellor. She then poured a bit of the liquid onto the official seal, which made the liquid turn blue.

“This is a special liquid that is used to determine whether or not the wax of a seal is imbued with the essence of the document sealer; in other words, if Prince of Elves did indeed seal it himself or if it was counterfeit by someone else.”

After that explanation, the Man was a bit surprised, wondering how they came to develop something like that. Alchemy must be quite a popular thing here in the Bunny kingdom. He then watched what happened next.

Dripping the liquid onto the other seal bits, the liquid turned the exact same blue hue of the previous one. Regal Elf’s face twitched slightly and Prince of Elves’ face started turning red from fury.

“That is not proof that that seal was mine! Lies! You’re trying to set me up, aren’t you!?”

Prince of Elves’ finger pointed towards Bunny Chancellor and then he quickly looked at the Man, pointing at him.

“It’s because of that Human, isn’t it!? I knew we should’ve done something about him before he was found by the Bunny tribe! Regal Elf!”

His voice echoed in the throne room, calling Regal Elf back to the Prince of Elves’ side, which he was there almost immediately.

Fast! Way too fast!

“Hand that Human over to the Elves, Bunny King. If you know what’s good for your kingdom, you will obey me.”

Prince of Elves was quite serious, showing a face of superiority again, smiling maliciously.

“The Bunny tribe should not be protecting a Human! If you do not hand him over to us, I will discuss the Bunny tribe’s insubordination with the King of Elves!”

Bunny Hime stuck her tongue out at the Prince of Elves and made quite a nasty gesture to him, which got her head conked by Bunny Chancellor.

“Hime, manners!”

Bunny Hime held her head with tears in her bright blue eyes, looking up at the Bunny girl who hit her head, pouting.

Bunny King smiled softly and then motioned with his arms wide.

“Then by all means, take him. If you dare. But we will not hand him over without resistance. Isn’t that right, Human?”

The Man looked up at the Bunny King, confused as to what he was referring to and then was suddenly grabbed by Bunny Sentry, placing the large bladed weapon in the Man’s hand.

“...His majesty is asking the Human to defend himself in front of the Bunny tribe. Prisoners and captives are not easily handed over from the Bunny tribe to anyone else. We may be a passive race but we do not bow to anyone.”

The Man looked down at the blade, gripping it tight in his bloodied hand, seeing the reflection of the visored helmet on the blade. Apprentice Bunny really polished it quite well. Without a second thought, the Man got into his usual stance with the blade propped onto his shoulder and touching the back of his helmet.

Prince of Elves looked at that stance a bit dumbfounded at first. Then his dark yellow eyes started narrowing to slits, words slipping out of his thin lips.

“That stance, I’ve seen that stance before. You’re one of them elite horseslayers of the Northern Human Kingdom. Remembering that stance makes me remember that Human who scarred my perfect face.”

The Elven soldiers that were on standby in the throne room started moving towards Prince of Elves but he held his hand up.

“Don’t. I’ll handle this myself. He’s just a normal Human. There is nothing he can do against an Elf.”

Slowly drawing out his rapier, Prince of Elves got into his fencing stance. Bunny Sentry slowly moved out of the way and Bunny Hime was crying out mews and nyaas, getting a few glances up at her from most of the Bunny people in the throne room.

“Bunny Hime.”

Bunny Chancellor spoke those soft words with quite a stern tone, which was usually enough to stop the little bunny girl from saying more but it only got Bunny Hime to cry out even more, even going so far as to tug on the King’s sleeve, which caused him to look at his daughter with a small smile.

“Bunny Hime, you know this is how we do things. Don’t make things more difficult for the Human.”

That got her to quiet down, pouting and biting her lower lip as she looked over at the Man, readying himself for an attack.

“...Bunny Hime.”

Bunny Sentry spoke up, getting Bunny Hime’s attention.

“...Don’t worry. The Human will be fine.”

Her slightly teary eyes blinked, hearing oddly reassuring words from Bunny Sentry, someone who usually never says such things. She held her hands together and mewed a few times towards the Man, even if he didn’t even know what she was saying. Somehow, though, he understood her intent.

‘Don’t lose.’

For some reason, those words stuck into his mind, making him smile a wryly under the helmet.

Prince of Elves made the first move, dashing forward and thrusting straight at the Man’s heart. With a swift twitch of his right arm, he was able to block the Elf’s blade tip with the side of the massive sword, getting a strangled moan and a deadly glare from Prince of Elves.

Human!!”

With that word as a single warning, Prince of Elves suddenly started thrusting very quickly and making very precise and calculated swings and jabs at the Man, who was having a bit of a hard time trying to dodge and parry all of the thrusts and slices being offered to him. The tunic that he wore now had various holes and there was more than just a little bit of blood staining the slightly brown material. Bunny Hime cried out and tried to run towards the Man but was held back by Bunny Chancellor.

“Don’t. You will get hurt if you go down there.”

Hime continued to cry out and mew in protest, trying to shake the larger woman’s hands from her shoulders but was not strong enough to do so.

The Man was quite happy to see that there was at least one person who cared about him even now. It put a smile to his face which was quickly wiped away whenever he slipped up and didn’t see the thrust of the Prince’s sword, stabbing directly at the Man’s head. The impact was so hard that it knocked the man about a meter back, staggering as the helmet showed part of it was shattered and broken. The visor was broken off as well, revealing to the Prince of Elves that the Man had his right eye bandaged but his left eye was narrow: a dark brown pupil glaring intensely at the Prince.

“I knew it...It is you! There was no other horseslayer that I found that had that kind of stance and that gaze! You will die, Human!”

With a quick thrust, Prince of Elves thought he had the Man but was completely taken by surprise whenever the Human suddenly brought his left hand up and willingly impaled his own hand onto the rapier, feeling the blade travel all the way through up to the grip guard of the rapier, which suddenly was held tightly by the Man’s fingers. The Prince could not move his blade at all now that the Man had taken hold of the blade. Without warning, instead of using the blade itself, the Man slugged the Prince right into the same spot where his cheek had the scar. Due to the large handle grip of the sword, it made his fist feel even heavier and more solid, which the Prince was not expecting.

Regal Elf and the rest of the Elf soldiers quickly moved over to the Prince, moving into stances as if they were going to retaliate. As the rapier was still impaled into the Man’s hand, Prince of Elves was disarmed, meaning he had lost. Wiping the blood from his mouth and spitting out what was inside onto the marbled floor, Prince of Elves got up, staggered and groggy. The contact was so hard that it raddled his brain a bit.

Bunny King nodded and smiled a bit wider than he should have.

“It seems you’ve been disarmed, Prince of Elves. What will you do next? Under most circumstances of a duel, this would end in a loss on your behalf. Do you still want to continue?”

The King’s commanding, regal voice filled the chamber with warmth for the Bunnies and coldness from the Elven position. Looking furious, the Prince could not retaliate, lest he’d lose his pride in this duel.

“I will be back, your majesty. This has not ended.”

“Oh, but it has. I believe...Ambassador Bunny has already reached the King of Elves, right Chancellor?”

The King suddenly spoke something that made Prince of Elves blink, looking utterly stupefied.

“You are correct, sire. At this point in the day she should already be discussing what we have just talked about and have shown proof of the Prince’s wrongdoings. Since the Elven King is a benevolent King who respects the Bunny tribe, he should be persuaded with enough evidence, even against his own son.”

Prince of Elves started losing color in his face, looking at his soldiers, who looked just as confused as he did and then to Regal Elf, who had a look of someone who didn’t know what was going on either. Then the Prince let out a very low growl and glared at the Bunny King.

“You used this Human as an opportunity to pull off such a stunt, didn’t you? Damn Bunnies, the lot of you should all just die along with the Humans. Come! We are leaving this place. Consider the marriage proposal canceled! I will not marry into a bunch of filthy Bunnies that tries to protect a Human!”

Not one of the Bunnies say anything as all of the Elves quickly leave the throne room, speaking a number of expletives and stating they were happy to finally get out of this kingdom and back onto their home soil.

Once that whirlwind had died down, Bunny Hime suddenly broke away from Bunny Chancellor’s grip and dove right into the Man’s body, hugging him tightly and crying, mewing and sobbing right into his tummy, causing the Man to drop the large sword in his hand and gently caress her soft blonde hair.

“There is no need to cry. I am fine.”

Bunny Chancellor couldn’t help but smile softly as she came down the stairs as well to slowly pull off Bunny Hime from the Man.

“That was quite a show there. I did not think the plan would work out so smoothly.”

She looked up at the King and Queen.

“Indeed. When you first told me that, I was a bit doubtful of the Human’s skill but it was a bet worth taking. I had always speculated Prince of Elves was behind the raids of my people but could never find enough evidence.”

The King’s warm, noble voice spoke softly, then directed it towards the Man.

“Human. I sincerely apologize for using you for our own goals but we could not know for certain if you would be cooperative.”

The Man just smiled wryly and then pulled the rapier out of his hand as if it were nothing, dropping it on the floor as well with a rather large amount of blood dripping onto the floor because of the open wound.

“Considering I have been at the mercy of the Bunny tribe the whole time, there is not much I can do in general--moreso if I do not have my weapon. Though to see Prince of Elves’ face contort like that was well worth the price here.”

Pleased to hear such words, both Bunny King and Bunny Queen smiled. Then the King’s face went serious and grim for a bit.

“Unfortunately, we cannot allow you to stay within the Bunny Kingdom. There is too much bad blood between Humans and Bunnies that cannot be easily wiped away. We will treat you and then have you prepared for your journey. After that, only the gods will know.”

Bunny Hime did not like this news at all and cried out at the King and Chancellor, looking totally devastated. Bunny King smiled sadly at his adorable daughter.

“Hime, you will understand with time. Chancellor, please take the Human to care for his wounds. Sentry, please take care of Bunny Hime.”

“As you wish, sire.”

“...Sire.”

Both acknowledged what they were to do, with Sentry taking Bunny Hime and picking her up underneath her armpits, swinging her arms and mewing, nyuuing and even threw out a few mugu’s! At least three mugu’s!

“Bunny Hime! Your behavior is unacceptable for the daughter of the King!”

Bunny Queen, for the first time, spoke up, her voice like a sweet melody that tantalized the ears of all who listened, even with a stern inflection. Bunny Hime immediately quieted down. It seems that she really respected her parents, which was a heartwarming sight in its own way.

Bunny Sentry took Bunny Hime away and the Man was led away by Bunny Chancellor.

What a crazy time it has been with the Bunny tribe. The Man never knew that he would have such a crazy encounter like having the princess of the Bunnies attached to him in such a way that she’d cry. It was a bit heavy on his heart and when him and the Chancellor got back to the medical room, he asked a question that had been on his mind since being in the throne room.

“So I take it you’re not just the Medic for the Bunny royal family..?”

“You are right. I am also the Chancellor. The King likes to have his staff well rounded and learn many things in case something goes awry. Much like what has transpired since you’ve arrived Human.”

Bunny Chancellor’s tone was soft but there was something a bit mysterious about it as well.

“I had never seen Bunny Hime act like that before. She has never shown so much attention to something for such a long period of time. It may not seem long but ever since you ran into her carriage, she’s been totally obsessed with you and wanting to learn and know even more about you. It was quite shocking, especially to Bunny King. At first he was tentative to the idea of Bunny Hime getting close to you but then realized that if nothing changes the Bunny tribe may go the same way of Humans: into self-destruction.

"The Elves have already shown signs of self-destruction in their own homelands with the High Elves and the Dark Elves already pitting against each other. It had become an absolute mess, diplomatically, after the two Human countries were destroyed. Bunny King realized that something needed to change and hoped that this will be the beginning.”

This discussion put the Man into deep thought while the Chancellor was bandaging him all up, making sure his hand was in good condition and then slowly taking off the bandages on his head, revealing to her the rather deep and nasty scar that went down his right eye. The man could barely open his right eye but was not able to see anything at all. It seems he has permanent blindness in his right eye. He sees it as a warning sign of what Humans can do to each other and others if diplomacy breaks down.

“I knew the King would not keep you here but even I want to believe that having a strong Human around would not be a bad idea.”

Bunny Chancellor spoke something that surprised the Man. When he gave her a puzzling look, all she did was smile playfully and giggle. Then she patted his left hand and got up.

“Rest. Bunny King will let you know when you have to leave. For now, though, you will not leave this room and Bunny Hime will not see you anymore.”

Trying to sound matter of fact and stoic, the Man could see and hear tinges of sadness and regret as he could see the side profiles of Bunny Chancellor’s massive bust, giving a jiggling wave as she closed the door behind her, not looking back at the Man.

It’s going to be a lonely recovery.

~

“Have you prepared everything for the Human, Chancellor”

The Bunny King spoke up as the Man, the King, the Chancellor and Sentry were standing outside of the castle walls, right where the draw bridge met with the road that led East.

“I have, your majesty. Enough food and water for ten days’ travel as well as a new weapon for him, courtesy of Blacksmith Bunny. It is a much better forged weapon, the best he’s ever been able to produce. With his motivation so high, we expect to see high output of quality equipment for years to come.”

“Good. If the Humans were still around in this part of the continent, it would’ve been good to have traded with them. Such a shame.”

The King looked at the Man with a stern look on his face.

“Don’t die out there, Human. I will never hear the end of it if I get news of your death. Where will you go to now that you do not have a homeland to go to?”

The Man just shrugged his shoulders with a wry smile, holding the new large blade in his right hand, patting it on his shoulder which had the backpack the Bunnies gave to him strapped to him.

“Wherever the wind takes me, I guess. I was taught how to survive if separated from the army. For now, though, I have a few things I need to put to rest. May we meet again under different circumstances, your majesty.”

The Man bowed deeply, crossing his right arm across his chest while he still held the blade, the massive length pointing straight up into the sky. Then, without any words from anyone else, the Man slowly started walking Southeast, towards his homelands. It was going to be a long journey.

~

Once the Man disappeared, Bunny Sentry spoke up softly.

“...What a peculiar Human. I wonder if we’ll see great things if he continues to live on.”

Bunny Chancellor smiled playfully and giggled.

“Indeed. His body is a medical marvel. I can imagine whatever offspring he’ll produce will be quite hearty fufufu~”

“...Lewd Bunny.”

“HEY!”

Suddenly, Sentry started running across the drawbridge with the Chancellor after him, looking quite furious and throwing something that looked suspiciously like exploding liquid at him. The King only sighed softly and looked up into the sky.

“Godspeed.”

Then he turned around and proceed to cross the drawbridge and retire to his chambers as Sentry and Chancellor continued to bicker at each other.

The castle sure got a little more lively after that Human appeared. The King pondered whether this was one of the charms of Humans that was lost whenever their empire crumbled thousands of years ago or if it was a fleeting feeling for something unexpected.

~

Years later.

The Man had a small field plowed with a number of plants already sprouting from the ground. The makeshift shack that he made himself looked rather poorly and had to be rebuilt after every storm blew through but it worked. There were two tombstones beside the shack as well, fenced around so that no one would walk on that part of the ground.

While the Man was practicing his sword swings, wearing a light tunic, a kerchief on his head, and trousers that matched the light color of the tunic, he could suddenly hear the sound of a carriage getting closer. Stopping his swings, he could see a rather ostentatious looking carriage drawing closer, being drawn by four horses. It had been a while since he had seen horses like that and was wondering what was going on. No one came around this area, outside of rogue Elves trying to expand their territory. With a bit of skepticism, he put the blade into its leather sheath on his back and then grabbed a linen towel to wipe the sweat away. By the time he did all of that, he could make out the emblem of the carriage.

It was the Bunny tribe.

A wave of nostalgia washed over the Man as he smiled at remembering the adorable Bunny Hime, rather missing her tugging on his tunic and pulling him around all over the place. It was only for a very brief period of time but it was one of his happiest moments, he couldn’t deny.

When the carriage stopped in front of his house, the bunny woman who was the horse coach, got off and then opened up the side door. What came out was a beauty that surpassed beauties.

First, her thin, short legs came down the steps of the carriage, garbed in what looked to be expensively made soft leather boots dyed a dark emerald. Then came the ankle length skirt, fluttering about in the wind with so much lace and frills it was almost dizzying, dyed a pure white. A beautifully crafted dark emerald green leather belt wrapped around the girl’s tiny waist and right above was a similarly colored leather vest buttoned up and formed to her slim torso. But the stars of the show were obviously right above, with the massive mounds that jiggled around so dangerously it was a marvel that such huge round spheres were able to be stuffed underneath the vest. The tunic that was underneath the vest was decorated similarly to the skirt, though looking as if the seams were ready to burst free due to the huge bodies of mass underneath. The girl’s slightly exposed cleavage at the very top was just dreamlike, showing off her milky white skin--as if she’s never bathed in the sun all her life. Her neck was wrapped with a dark red lacy and frilly choker, which accentuated her bright blue eyes and golden blond hair even more. The Man immediately knew who it was.

“Bunny Hime...”

His words were rather like a whisper because of just how much more beautiful and grown up she has become. It was something that he could not take his eyes away. She was now about two heads shorter than he was but it was still short enough that when she quickly ran up to him and with her arms spread out, crashing into him with a rather serious impact, almost pushing him over, her bust was still dangerously pressing near his groin.

Bunny Hime’s lips, though, crashed directly into the Man’s lips, kissing him with such a passion he never knew. Holding her tightly into his sweat soaked body, the slightly intoxicating mix of strawberries and oranges floated into his nostrils--mixing with Hime’s natural scent--nearly drove him crazy. The kiss lasted for quite some time before Bunny Hime pulled away and then reluctantly let go of the Man, smiling with such a brightly blushing face.

“Mew….*ahem*! It...has been a while.”

The Man raised his eyebrow and smiled.

“Oho, so you can speak properly now.”

“Muuu!! I’ve always been able to speak properly!! It was your fault that you couldn’t understand Bunny speak!”

Bunny Hime started pouting and hitting her fists gently against the Man’s chest, then she just rested them there, sniffing and looking up at him with the most gorgeous and happy smile he's ever seen, tears staining her cheeks and eyes glistening in the bright sunlight.

“I have come to pick you up, my Prince. You are mine now.”

Her playful smile was quite devious and totally unfair! The Man couldn’t resist that smile, though.

“As you wish, Bunny Hime.”

The Man accepted Bunny Hime’s proposal, looking truly happy. He had finally found what he wanted the most after the Great Battle of Humans: a companion and family.

The End.

1