CHAPTER 85: THE NIGHT OF TERROR
429 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At last she spoke; her voice was heard by Night:

"I bow not to thee, O huge mask of death,

Black lie of night to the cowed soul of man,

Unreal, inescapable end of things,

Thou grim jest played with the immortal spirit.

Conscious of immortality I walk.

 

– Sri Aurobindo, Savitri (4)

 

~~~~

 

Ed could hear the shouting of the spectators of the match. It was ear-deafening to say the least, especially to those who have sensitive ears, like werewolves. He was leaning against a fence. He didn’t really watch the match. Instead, he focused his senses elsewhere, on his developed sensitivity to space itself.

Ed could feel the anti-apparition ward being cancelled in the area, gradually allowing wizards to apparate away from the site freely.He didn’t do anything, though. Even if the death eaters can apparate freely inside and outside, so do the other wizards and witches who could escape easily.

"Krum! Krum!" Ed heard the spectators shout, and he turned around. He saw that Victor Krum, the Bulgarian seeker, started to chase the Golden Snitch. Ed saw the ball from afar, his owl-enhanced vision made it so, but Ed understood that it wasn’t normal.

The score was 170 – 10, with the Irish team leading. The Bulgarians were utterly humiliated, and Ed could feel that Krum wanted to lose on his own terms, so he chased the golden ball, targeting it.

Ed just shook his head in disappointment. He was bored. He stood up and found his way to Hermione, who was now cheering with her friends, Ron and Harry, along with Ciri, who didn’t have any clue what she was seeing, but cheered anyway.

"Hermione." Ed whispered in the girl’s ear, making her jolt in surprise. "I’ll go back first."

"What about Ciri?" she asked, reminding him of the young woman, who was still cheering beside Hermione.

"Just tell her to stay close to you." Ed said. "Give her a mask and a sword, and tell her don’t use her powers, otherwise Eredin will show up and ruin everything, and I have to kick him out of this world… which is just a chore…"

"All right," Hermione mumbled, and she sneaked up a kiss on the lips from Ed, hiding from the others. "Be careful."

Ed nodded. "Remember, don’t kill, and if you can, lead them to the forest." Ed vaguely said. Hermione was about to question it, but Ed had already gone from the place, which made Hermione just sighed.

The match had passed, and the result was still the same. The Irish won by 10, and their supporters were filled with joy. The spectators then slowly walked back to the tent, some disappointed, some overjoyed. The Irish brought their finest alcohol to the table, celebrating the victory, while some Bulgarians left, while others stayed for the drinks, even though their team lost.

Hermione, Ciri, and Richard were now walking to their tent, preparing for something entirely different.

"Where’s Ed?" asked Richard.

"He’s had a head start." Hermione simply said. "He’s in the forest."

"Okay…" Richard mumbled. "What are we going to do with her?" he pointed at Ciri.

"She’s fighting." Hermione answered, which made Richard and Ciri surprised.

"She is?"

"I am?"

"Ed said to not use your powers." Hermione informed. "And don’t kill."

"What powers?" Richard was confused.

"Long story, I'll tell you later." Hermione said as they entered their tent.

"What weapon will I use then?" Ciri asked again.

"A sword of course. What else?" Hermione stated the obvious.

"They used long range magic to fight. How am I supposed to fight them?"

"Use the forest." Hermione answered. "Me and Richard will try to bait them to it, and you and Ed will do the rest."

"Okay…" Ciri muttered. "Where’s the sword then?"

"Here." Hermione then suddenly turned her bracelets to a weapon, surprising Ciri. "I made it a bit dull, so remember, no killing, our task is to just break their momentum and scare them, failing their plan."

Ciri nodded and grabbed the sword. "Right, I’m going to find Ed, wherever he is..." The young woman just bolted off and grabbed a mask to hide her face and a cloak.

"Richard, we will be scurrying the place for death eaters, and divert their attention from the muggles to us." Hermione explained. "After that, lead them to the forest."

Richard hummed. "So no mask?"

"Just use a cloak." Hermione said. "Once we know that we saved the muggles, we probably need to help Ed and Ciri as well, especially Ciri, so bring the mask just in case."

"Right…" Richard mumbled. "This is mad…"

"I know… but we need to at least save the muggles." Hermione was also nervous, not knowing what she would see later. "Save as many as you can."

Richard just hummed and put his cloak on, covering his head. "I’ll see you later, Hermione…"

"I’ll see you later too." Hermione said back, and the two began to move.

26th of August 1994. The Quidditch World Cup Celebration is still going on midnight of that date, the Irish dancing, singing, drinking, maybe even fucking as well. But inside the happy celebration, a dark scheme was brewing.

A rough looking man was looking at a tent nearby, it belonged to a young muggle-born couple, the man was watching every step that the couple do, the couple didn't know however that they were being watched.

"You ready?" someone said besides the man. "The pay they were promising is really good this time."

"Yes, it is." The man said. "But I’ve got a bad feeling about this one…"

"Your feelings are shite." Said the other man. "We just need to torture some mudbloods, and once the ministry’s here, we apparate."

"I hope it was that simple…" the man said. 

"Stop whining. Do you want the money or not? This so-called dark lord is rich, 100 galleons a night? I must be dreaming. "

The man just hummed, and then he heard a scream in the distance. The man beside him grinned madly as he heard the scream."That must be our queue."

The two men began their act, and they stormed the tent that they were eyeing, burning it with a spell.

"Incendio! " The man shouted. A burst of flame suddenly appeared in the tent, and made the people who were inside panic.

"Who is that!" The man inside shouted in fury, and the man exited the tent along with his wife, but little did they know, they were in for an experience.

"Get him!" The other man shouted.

"CRUCIO!" The man gave his hatred to the spell. He pointed his wand at the owner of the tent, making him drop down screaming.

"AHHH—!" the young man screamed on the floor, getting a full dose of the Cruciatus curse as his tent was burning.

"John!" his wife shrieked, fearing for her and her husband’s lives.

The other man then chuckled dangerously as he saw the wife.

"Well, what do we have here~."

The other man then quickly cast a petrifying spell on the young woman, freezing her on the spot.

"NOO— AGHHH!" The man saw this under the torture curse but couldn’t do anything.

"Such a beauty…" the other man whispered as he checked out the woman like she was a piece of meat. "Shame she is a mudblood… oh well… I can at least taste her once…" he stated his intent as his surroundings got chaotic from all the attacks.

The other man began to take off his trousers, but before he could do that, a column of rock suddenly rose beneath him, hitting his balls, making him fall, crying in pain.

"You bitch!" he screamed, looking around the area, and he saw a girl, cloaked, standing, looking at them, he didn't see her face, but he could just feel the hatred that the girl was secreting.

The man that his balls had just popped miraculously recovered quickly and chased the girl, angry at the humiliation.

"Wait!" the man that was torturing suddenly stopped and stunned the tortured man. He then chased the other man, stupidly leaving the couple alone.

The man then ran towards the direction of his partner, into the forest. It was dark and quiet. He listened, but there was no sound. He reached deeper into the forest, searching for his partner.

"Oi! Where are you!? " He shouted, but no one answered.

He then delved deeper into the forest, not realising that he was so deep in the forest that he couldn’t even see the campsite any longer, covered by the trees. He used a Lumos spell to brighten his surroundings, and all he sees are trees.

After about ten minutes, the light on the campsite was getting brighter and brighter. This meant that the plan was fully underway, but the man was still searching for his ‘partner’.

He then noticed a scream inside the forest and looked in the direction of the voice. He saw his partner running towards him, his face pale.

"Run!" he shrieked as he slammed into the man. "Apparate us! I can’t apparate for some reason!"

"W-Wh-What happened?" The man asked.

"Just apparate us!" He looked desperate, fearing for his life.

"O-Okay!" He then tried to apparate. He concentrated on a random place, and tried to apparate, but couldn’t.

"I-I can’t!" he screamed.

"What!? you can’t either!?" the other man shouted, fear on his face. "I thought they removed the wards!"

"I- I don’t know…" the man answered weakly. "What are you doing? Where’s the girl?"

"N- No time…" the other man dragged him to the direction of the campsite. "If we stay here, we’ll die…"

"What?"

"There’s—"

But before he could explain, he saw something perching on a branch of a tree, then he froze, and simply muttered. "We’re dead… We’re so dead…"

"What? Why?" The man then looked in the direction of the other man. He saw something bizarre there… he saw an owl, staring at the both of them. "It’s just an owl, let’s go!"

The other man didn’t listen and started to piss himself. "N-No… P-Please…"

"What?" The man asked, and he stared at the owl again. The bird had strange, glowing silver eyes, and the man felt like the owl was staring right through his soul.

"What’s with that owl?"

"N- No run… tell the others… abandon this shitshow quickly…" the other man stuttered.

"W-What?"

"Tell them don’t go to the forest. Just go! "

The man then ran, not knowing what’s going on. He ran straight towards the campsite. And as he ran, he heard screams and his partner begging for his life behind him, making him almost stumble, scared to look back.

"W-What the fuck! What the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck is this!" The man repeatedly cursed, desperate to get out.

Then something landed in front of him. something big. really big.

The man was thrown back a couple of feet. He was scared right now. He then saw what landed in front of him and saw an owl. Not just any owl. The same as before, only around 100 times larger.

The owl was 11 feet tall, or around 2/3 of the height of the trees. Staring at him with its glowing silver eyes in the middle of the darkness. He looked at the man like he was an ant.

And it was at this moment he knew, he fucked up.

But before the man knew, something, or someone hit him in the back, knocking him down unconscious.

"That is the 10th now..." A voice whispered, it was Ciri who knocked the man down, counting the catch.

"This is too much." The owl spoke as he transformed back into a boy. "I hadn’t anticipated that Tom had hired this many mercenaries… the timeline changed…"

"It’s hell at the campsite." Ciri said. "What should we do?"

"We can’t hide in the forest anymore." A voice suddenly sounded again, it was a girl with a cloak, it was Hermione. Her voice sounded weak, she looked shaken. "W-We need to go after them in the camp, Ed..."

"I agree with Hermione." Richard appeared, uncloaking his face.

"No, we’ll be discovered." Ed decisively said.

Richard was suddenly angry, he then rushed to Ed and grabbed his collar.

"Are you serious right now?!" Richard yelled to Ed’s face. "I thought our objective was to save as many innocents as possible and destroy their plans of rioting?!"

"Without being discovered!" Ed shouted back. "We need to somehow do this without being discovered."

"So what are we going to do?" Ciri asked again.

Ed was thinking for a while, before having an idea. "I- I’ll go." Ed said. "You guys searched the area for any lone mercenaries and eaters, and knocked them down, while I will try to make them focus on me."

"How are you going to do that?" Hermione weakly asked, her face looked pale right now. "They are scattered right now."

"Our whole point of interrupting this is to make their plan of remembering the public of the terrors of the death eaters backfire." Ed stated. "And I will do just that."

Ed then thought again. "And I can do it with our anonymity intact." Ed said, which surprised the group. "You wear your masks, our group will definitely be known after this, but we will be some sort of mythical force."

"What are you playing, mate?" Richard asked, frowning.

"Don’t worry." Ed broke free of Richard’s grip. "Just make sure to keep the other people that aren’t at the centre safe. And make sure to use a Lumos spell after I appear. "

"What?"

Ed didn’t say anything anymore and walked away from the group. "It’s time to remind the death eaters about the massacre that happened almost one and a half decades ago." he stated as he disappeared from the forest.

"That idiot…" Richard cursed. "Come on, let’s go save some muggle-borns that are trapped."

The group then teamed up again. As Hermione was shaken, while Richard was unstable, only Ciri had a bit of focus as she was used to this sort of thing.

The trio then scoured the edge of the campsite with their masks on. They saw cruelty. Richard saw a muggle-born woman was gang-banged by a group of mercenaries.

"These rogues!" Ciri gritted her teeth. She then saw her other partners, Hermione looked pale, while Richard looked enraged. He drew a rune in front of him. The rune glowed red, and he slammed his hand against the rune, and it turned into a Red Eldritch Circle, surrounding his wrist, and making his palm glow red.

He then rushed to the mercenaries, with nothing except his glowing hands, and he punched one of them, which caught the other mercenaries off guard.

The man that Richard just punched was now burning. He’s screaming in pain right now, slowly dying from the burn. The other mercenaries were instantly on guard and attacked Richard, but before they could do it, stone spikes suddenly impaled one of them, making them scared. Richard then looked at Hermione, who had a look of hatred in her eyes. The two then continued, killing almost all of them, but Ciri stopped them.

"Stop." The young woman simply said. "It’s enough, you’ve done a good job… it must be your first time, right? "

When the two realised what they were doing, they killed somebody. And both of them threw up at that moment, grimacing at their own doing. 

Ciri then knocked out the last guy and checked on the victim. She had a blank look, traumatized. Ciri then put off her cloak and covered the muggle-born, hiding her naked body. Hermione also saw this, and decided to make the woman sleep, so she would be at peace for just a moment, but the group had no doubt that it would scar the woman forever.

Ciri then turned to the last man. She grabbed the man’s neck, and snapped it, killing him in an instant.

It was a disaster.

The entire thing was a disaster.

They underestimated the cruelty of the dark lord.

And the timeline has changed. It wasn’t just a small riot, it was a night of terror.

"T-This is mad…" Richard whispered. "I- I just killed a man…"

"He deserved it." Ciri said. "Hermione, are you okay?"

"I- I’m fine." She said, but Ciri could see that she was shaking.

"Come on, let’s continue."

But after Ciri said that, she felt something. The entire campsite had turned really cold. All the fires had been extinguished. The campsite was now in a total blackout. No one could see anything. The moon wasn’t shining as it was covered by clouds. Unless they could use a light spell, they couldn’t see anything in the middle of the night.

"It’s Ed." Hermione mumbled. "What is he doing?"

The group then heard a loud rumble from the forest, and the shockwave from the rumble could be felt, even the trees were shaken, twisting a little.

The group heard a bit of panic in the centre of the campsite, unsure of what was going on. But then, something happened that made the entire wizarding community curious and scared at the same time. The muggle-born and half-blood didn’t know what it was, but the purebloods, especially the ones who sided with the dark lord in the first wizarding war, knew what it was. "It" wiped out an entire family in one night after all.

A gushing wind can be heard in the sky. Everyone could see it, a giant outline in the clouds, but no one could figure out what it was, and it was getting closer to the centre of the campsite.

"Let’s go to the centre. Let’s see what he’s planning." Ciri said, to which the two just nodded weakly. The group then went to the centre of the campsite, slowly and quietly passing the guarding death eaters.

---

Meanwhile, in the centre of the campsite, Adonis was sitting quietly in a log. He simply couldn’t apprehend the cruelty that he had just seen today. He wasn’t signing up for this, but he had already made an unbreakable vow to the Aldrich boy, so he couldn’t turn back.

But then the darkness descended on the campsite, causing everyone to stop what they were doing and become perplexed by the situation.

"What’s going on?" Adonis asked one of the passing mercenaries that he could see in this total darkness.

"Something’s coming, but we don’t know what it is." The man said, sweating like crazy.

Adonis frowned. Thankfully, he had sent his family back to his mansion, as he didn’t like where this was going. ‘Where’s Ed?’ was the only thing on his mind right now.

"Greengrass." Someone called him from the back. He turned, and saw that it was Nott. He’s sort of the leader of the group.

"Nott." Adonis nodded. "What’s going on?"

"We don’t know why the fires suddenly vanished." Nott said, worryingly. "Our plans could fail if this goes on."

"It’s already succeeded." Adonis frowned. "You tortured children and women, what more do you want?"

Nott chuckled. "What do I want? I want those mudbloods to vanish from our society. Let our dark lord be our ruler, and we shall definitely rid them. " The man then left Adonis, who frowned even more.

‘What has this society turned into…’ he thought.

Then, all of them heard it, a sudden shriek in the sky, frightening the mercenaries.

"What the hell was that?!" someone shouted.

Adonis also turned his head towards the direction of the shriek. All he saw was a huge outline in the sky. He couldn’t wrap his head around it though. He didn’t know what it was, but it was some sort of flying creature, he could tell himself that.

After the shriek, half of the campsite had turned quiet. They could only hear the sounds of crying now. There’s no yelling, there's no insult throwing, there's no laughing, only the sounds of crying women and children. Even though the fighting had stopped, the previously fighting aurors and dark wizards stopped what they were doing and anticipated where the hell that shriek came from.

Everyone started to notice the sudden change in temperature now. It was cold, like a winter in Greenland. No fire could be lit for some reason. It was like darkness itself had entered the campsite.

Then it happened. Adonis felt the ground shake. A huge rumble was heard around 15 feet behind him. It was right in the middle of the Death Eaters' "Commanding" tent.

Almost all the death eaters now stood in front of the source of the rumbling sound. It had a small crater, the ground was cracked, and they slowly approached it, even Adonis. The stupid thing is, they approached in just one direction, not surrounding it.

Everyone gulped nervously, and it’s justified. What manner of creature could crack the ground so easily?

The place was dusty because of the landing of something. Even the Lumos spell couldn’t penetrate the dust that was surrounding it. Their sight was blocked. They couldn’t see what creature had just landed in the middle of the camp.

Then, between the dust, the group of death eaters could see two silver balls of light. Wait, no, they weren’t balls of light, they were eyes, silver eyes.

The eyes were staring at them between the dusty clouds, and someone suddenly shouted. "Attack it!"

The mercenaries and some death eaters paused for a second, before realising that it was Nott who shouted. They then point their wand at the two eyes, and mercilessly cast spells.

Like a line of machine guns, the death eaters cast a barrage of spells. Blue lights, red lights, white lights, green lights, all mixed in that line of fire, focusing on the eyes only, which is once again, an idiotic decision.

The blobs and beams of spells started to hit, but the blobs just passed through the eyes, not damaging the ‘creatures’.

And they heard no sound. No screams. No shrieks. Nothing.

Nott started to get nervous. "MORE!!" he shouted as loud as he could without using magic. "MORE SPELLS!!"

And they increased the firepower. More and more spells started coming, and more and more magic dust started to pile up around the crater, but the eyes still stared at them. They felt like their very souls were exposed to those glowing silver eyes.

"Such… futility…" A voice suddenly echoed through the campsite, making the mercenaries, death eaters, civilians, and aurors alike shiver. That voice feels like it didn’t travel through the air at all, as it doesn’t have any reduction to the voice whatsoever. It’s like the voice was whispered to their very own ears.

"What in Merlin’s name is this…" Nott whispered to himself, scared at the ‘thing’ that was in front of him right now. "KEEP GOING!" he shouted, and didn’t care about the fact that it wasn’t working at all.

The barrage of spells then continued, but again, the ‘thing’ didn’t scream, didn’t beg, didn’t hide, didn’t dodge, but instead he just stared at the attacker, his eyes devoid of pain.

Suddenly, a strong gust of wind hit everyone around the crater, knocking them down a couple of feet back, groaning in pain as the wind got really strong, strong enough to blow a tent away in an instant.

A sudden piercing shriek then came from the crater, making the surrounding wizards and witches close their ears because of how loud it was. Some people’s ears bled, their eardrums broke, and they looked at the crater in shock and fear.

The dust had settled in the crater, and the creature was on full display. It was an owl, more than 13 feet tall. Its feathers were black mixed with brown, and its stares made the death eaters feel like they could not hide anything.

"O' mask of death… surely thee recall me?" The creature spoke as clearly as day, but in a tone as dark as night. "A decade we haven't hath met, but nay matter, tonight, thee shouldst beest able to recall who is't i am."

"A-Attack!" Nott stuttered, shouting at the mercenaries. He instantly recognised what it was, and he was terrified. "Go in front of the damn thing!"

"I see… fear…" The owl stated. "The irony… thee cameth hither to beest fear'd once again… and thou art the one who is't is terrified…"

The owl was right, the mercenaries started to scatter, afraid of the creature. They ran, not caring that there were aurors and able-bodied civilians trying to arrest them.

---

"Arrest them!" One of the aurors shouted, and a newly recruited female auror instantly reacted. The aurors were not many, only about a dozen, while the mercenaries were about 50 to 60 men, so the aurors were definitely overwhelmed.

"Tonks! What are you doing?! Chase them!" Someone shouted to the female auror, whose name is Tonks.

"Right! Sorry, just thinking to myself! "

"Go!"

Tonks then chased around three mercenaries, who ran for their lives. They looked like they couldn’t apparate, which made this easier.

"Stop there!" Tonks shouted, running through the field.

The mercenaries didn’t listen, of course, and they kept running while shooting some spells to the back, which Tonks had to dodge.

"Stupefy!" Tonks shouted, trying to stun the mercenary, but she missed. The mercenaries then split up, much to Tonks' dismay.

"Shit!" Tonks cursed, and she was now trying to catch only one of them. The mercenary went through tents, trying to lose Tonks, but she preserved. She stumbled once or twice due to her clumsy tendencies, but other than that, she still persevered.

Tonks then heard the mercenary shout something foreign, and then she felt something hit her back, making her stumble in pain.

"Fuck!" she groaned, falling to the ground.

"Just kill the auror and run!" someone yelled again, alerting Tonks.She then turned around to see the other two aurors that she chased earlier pointing their wands at her.

"AVADA-"

But before the mercenaries could kill her, a sudden stone pillar started to rise from below the two mercenaries, knocking them down, much to Tonks’s surprise. Then she turned to the last mercenary, who was scared. He pointed his wand at Tonks and wanted to cast a spell.

But then a blast of strange purple magic hit the man, knocking him down. Tonks was surprised again, and she turned in the direction of where the blast came from.

She saw three cloaked figures with owl masks, one looked like a girl, one looked like a boy, and one looked like a young woman.

The girl was using her wand, the woman was holding a dull sword, while the boy had his two hands glowing purple.

"Who are you!" Tonks asked the group.

The group was silent.

Then, the boy spoke. "You should arrest them, Miss Auror. We don’t want them to run away again, would we?"

Tonks snapped from her thoughts and quickly bound the knocked mercenaries. She quickly used magic to conjure magical cuffs and detain the mercenaries, but when she looked at the place where the masked group stood, they were gone, making Tonks confused.

"What in Merlin’s beard was that?" she mumbled to herself.

---

A different story entirely was happening to the death eaters. They could not move. Blue particles froze them in place, and the so-called death eaters were trapped.

The owl then enclosed the area around the gathered death eaters using ice walls, blocking the aurors' attempts to arrest them, much to the aurors' surprise.

"Behold..." The owl spoke, walking to the frozen death eaters who were terrified. "The mask'd cowards…"

"W-What are you?!" Nott shouted, although he’s pissing himself right now.

The owl noticed his fear and decided to use it. He ran his wings through Nott’s face, stroking it. "How does it feel to be afraid?" the owl continued. "Thee didn’t feeleth like this at which hour thee defil'd one of our kind didst thee?"

"W-What a-are you talking about?" Nott stuttered, now utterly terrified as he actually knew what it was about, confirming the suspicion.

"Pretending to not knoweth?" The owl sneered. "Perhaps doth thee wanteth thy family to beest at the same fate as the Averys?"

Nott was sweating bullets right now, ‘it is definitely the creature that decimated the Averys’ he thought. "I- I…"

"W-Wh-What can an owl like you do t-to us?!" someone shouted from the back. "W-We are many! A-And we have the d-dark lord b-backing us!"

The owl then turned his neck 270 degrees, and creepily stared at the man who shouted. It scanned the man, sending shivers down the man’s spine.

"Goyle… Is't?" the owl coldly spoke.

The creature then appeared in front of Goyle in a flash, scaring the man.

"What can a snake's dog like thee…  doth to us?"

The owl then stroked Goyle’s head, and he froze. Literally. His skin turned incredibly pale, his eyes rolled back, his blood froze, his hair turned grey from the ice, his tears froze, making a trail on his face. Then, his body dropped to the ground, already lifeless.

Then, terror filled the area. The death eaters screamed, begging to be let go, not wanting to have the same fate as Goyle.

"O’ mask of death…" Owl stated. "I won’t killeth thee now…"

That statement made some sigh in relief, but the next statement made them utterly terrified. "I shall giveth thee time to sayeth goodbye to thy family…" The owl continued. "One year."

The death eaters gulped.

"Thee has't families…" The owl spoke. "I shall giveth thee time… after all… family is precious is't not?" the owl continued. He now stared at Adonis, who just nodded weakly, aware that he knows the owl’s identity.

"Whe'r 'r not thee shall continueth to doth this way of life and square with thy so hath called dark lord, 'r encave from me with thy family is up to you… but… thy death is inevitable… blood f'r blood… soul f'r soul… pain f'r pain…"

The death eaters suddenly were released, and they felt they could apparate again. They took the chance to escape, of course. Whether or not they will return to their family or go back to their dark lord is up to them.

The owl then made the ice wall fall, making the aurors rush to the scene, but what they found was only a crater with a frozen dead body in the middle of it.

"What the hell was that creature…" someone spoke while inspecting the body.

"Let’s just hope it’s not a dark creature…" another one spoke.

---

On another side of the campsite, someone was running through the forest, frantically trying to escape.

"I need to tell the dark lord about this- this monster!" he shouted to himself. As he ran through the forest, he tripped, stumbling down to the ground, and he groaned in pain.

"Barty Crouch Junior…" Someone suddenly said, and Crouch Jr. tensed, and looked around the place.

"W-Who is that?" he shouted, pointing the wand that he grabbed from the ground when the match started.

"Running from your daddy?" someone spoke again. "Or running to see Daddy? Who is your daddy really? Barty Crouch Sr. or Voldemort? "

Crouch Jr. flinched when he heard the dark lord. "W- Who are you?"

"Me?" the voice chuckled.  "It doesn’t matter who I am..."

Crouch Jr. slowly backed away from the place, then, the voice spoke again.

"Tell your master that owls are bad omens. He should be careful around owls…"

Then the voice was gone, and Crouch Jr. felt like no one was around him, and he quickly took his chance to apparate away from the place, reporting to his master.

Finally… The night of terror has ended. For the innocent wizards and witches who wanted to watch the World Cup and for the death eaters who were trapped in that area with that owl.

But one thing was clear. That night will be the start of all things, the start of a reformation in the ministry of magic, the start of the abolishment of pureblood biased bills, the start of the fall of Lord Voldemort and his legion.

15