Chapter 1 – The story began
40 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What is this smell? where am I?"

.

Alfred opened his eyes and saw disorderly surroundings, filled with waste things scattered everywhere and a strong odor to make him first notice it.

"Why I could breathe again?"

He asked himself as he still can't believe what is happening this time.

'If I remember correctly, I am already dead.'

'Why am I here…'

'This must be a sort of dream."

Alfred covered his eyes using his right hand and after a second passed, he retracted and opened his two glowing eyes again.

"What...?"

"What is this?"

"Did… I really?"

He gazed at the hands in front of his eyes and soon noticed were callous and dirt stains on it swirled as if snakes or something but certainly it was filthy in the sight.

"What? a soiled hands?"

Alfred knew it himself that panics had a great toll on the body and he deemed it useless.

"I should calm down my mind and why I am afraid if am already dead?"

HOAH!

Alfred when he first opened his eyes, the narrow light was the first that welcomed him and he was definite that he was in the alley. 

'In an alley?'

Alfred focused on the sound's of the light of the alley and soon the voices of countless were heard by him.

The voices outside the alley:

"Wawajuawburakabriki."

"woekobrokwosomeorkoro."

"Berokoenekrokroekshroks."

"HurokrokwnekmroSmokriosk."

Alfred's body stiffened after he heard the foreign words. 

The voice was audible, His eyes dilated of surprised. 

'This language is foreign to me... Is this what we called Transmigration like my classmate talking about and soul going into another world?

no, let's not think about these nonsensical thoughts.'

He calmed down his mind and accumulated all the memories he had on Earth from a kid to a teenager before he died. 

'There's once one of my classmates said in the past that Main character in Japanese Isekai as what they called is that by blending your thoughts you can get your character icon?'

'Let's try it.'

Alfred's face was no different than a stone's statue, with no subtle expression. He followed what his classmates talking about based on it.

'Accumulate your thoughts into one to get the So-called Character Icon.'

He closed his eyes momentarily and after it, he opened them with a disappointment glittered.

SIGHED!

'It doesn't work. No, I should try more.'

He tried many times but the thing he wanted didn't occur, he could only smile.

'I tried many times and that is enough. forcing yourself to the things doesn't work is no different from a clown.' 

'I've accepted my death, why I am here?'

"My life had no meaning anymore to live, why I am given a chance to breathe again?"

Alfred with a calm expression closed his eyes and continued to lay down.

'Let's just rest and let the world flow of what they are. I am already dead and I should accept it and this must be a sort of illusion or dream.'

His eyes were closed for unknown times, suddenly fragments of memories flowed into his mind.

'What is this?'

He asked himself briefly and his expression turned horror. Veins vivid on his head, eyes rolled and mouth salivating.

URH!

"This is so painful! painful! painful! painful! painful! painful! painful! painful! painful! panThis is so painful! painful! painful! painful! painful! painful! painful! painfull! painful! pan."

Alfred feels like thousands of needles pierced through his brain. His body was convulsing, moving uncontrollably as if possessed by a ghost soul.

"I am already dead.. why need to experience this! This is so painful! painful! painful! painful! painful! painful! painful! painfull! painful! panThis is so painful! painful! painful! painful! painful! painful! painful! painful! painful! pan."

Alfred's hands clutched on his head with his body moved uncontrollably as if his soul was tortured with eyes rolling and saliva flying out. His expression was not pitiful but quite eerie.

Alfred lay on the ground for unknown times with messy hair and stains clothes finally opened his eyes and his mouth curved into a smile.

"It was a memory of the owner of this body?"

"I don't know if it's true or not, but I am quite  happy knowing some information about this world."

"That process of rendering the memories is so painful. But If it is true, the pain was worth it.

The memories seemed completely integrated into my mind but it was still unstable, I still can't peer at all the memories, but only a few. According to the memories, this world is named Grishia. A world where people could split the sea with its sword. A person could asunder sky with its branch A person could destroy a mountain with their fist. A World reigned by Strength and Status through energy is called Mana. The world deemed them a 'Lord' as of what they called, the unexplainable human who could break common sense if it's in my past world.  So this seems like a Fantasy world, my classmates always talking about. But why doesn't it have a character icon? 

Sigh…. Presumably, I think it was more similar to Chinese that they always talk and even one of my classmates said 'You are Courting Death. .....

The hierarchy of this world had a realm and According to the former owner body Mom, the 'Lords' and 'Noble' treat humans as ants and they have greediness that ruined countless mortal lives.

"No matter what world you are in, status and greed will always be there."

Tak! Tak! Tak! Tak!

Alfred was in profound thoughts, suddenly he heard sounds keep louder and louder. He washed away the thoughts that lingered in his mind and looked in front of him.

He noticed five kids in 14s-15s arrived before him with ragged clothes carrying one pack of victual inside a brown wrap-paper leaking out a delicious scented smell and kneeling before him nervously.

"Emperor Ballud… after laboring for many days and snatching this is what we got."

"Yes.. emperor Ballud...Ballud."

"Emperor Ballud forgives us. This is only we have a get, one pack of bread."

"Emperor, next time.. please give us a chance.."

"Emperor Ballud... Next time, we will double it."

He saw the five scrawny youths nervously kneeled in front of him with eyes deliberately wanting not to meet him.

'According to former owner memories, these five kids' names were Alex, Miguel, Kheil, Rowero, Grado, and the former owner of this body was called 'Ballud Grisaia' as he named himself his surname to be the owner of this world, Grishia'.

 What aspiring kid names himself like that? this body I owned features had very fat, had blonde hair and sharp teeth, and when it smiled it was creepy that there is even a scene in the memories where the carpenter beat him up to death because of creepiness when he smiled and this body had the trauma of adult that is why even though this body had a great body he couldn't used it because some uncle toon advantage of him.

'Now that this blessing presented in me. I should grasp this chance and find the truth if it was actually or not.'

'For now, to avoid some suspicion, I should follow what the former always does.'

COUGHED!

Alfred looked at them and he implied them through his raised left hand to hand over the food based on what the former owner always does.

"I am quite hungry. Did you not understand?!"

'Acting arrogant is quite hard, but needed I had no choice.'

He noticed they didn't heed as he gazed and made the kids nudge one of their friends to let him hand over the bread to him briskly.

He knew the time was still a few seconds yet Alex immediately handed the victual, lest he is angered. 

"Emperor Ballud.. where should I put this?" Alex said.

His front sight now was Alex holding the pack of bread standing up before him with fingers showing a slight nervousness. 

He looked at him, laughing inwardly. 

'Hmmn. a nervous movement?  but seems suspicious. let's mull it after I fully get the memories.'

Alfred's index finger pointed to the ground and Alex immediately understood the indication, but he asked:

"My Emperor Ballud, are you sure?" Alex asked.

His eyes right now were in Alex covered in sweats and even the four guys behind him as if they were facing historical Beast, quivered.

 

'The heat was immense to make them sweat.'

'The reason Alex asked was probably that the former owner's memories hate foods on ground situated and love food more when handed it as if he was the emperor.

That's why even though this place is a slum, the former owner was still fat as a pig or more than that. These five kids just five days ago become his slave, as for the others, the former owner probably abandoned them.'

Ballud witnessed his hilarious state presently, he didn't laugh nor showed an expectable motion like slapping, kicking, or feisty because he is no longer the former owner who lived earlier minutes ago and is blinded by his delusion to be an Emperor on this World.

"Just hand it over here. You dimwits."

Ballud did not know right now that Alex's face filled with surprise. The time Alex picked the pack of victualed was also the moment he prepared for his punishment. The new occurrence of Ballud made him stupified 

Alex didn't think of it anymore as he said.

"Thank you for forgiving me Emperor Ballud."

Ballud received the victualed with his right hand and opened the inside; he saw numerous warm pieces of bread, fuming.

''Let me see if it's delicious.'

Ballud retracted his right hand inside with two baby fist-sized pieces of bread in his grasp and took a bite. 

'The bread had a good texture but bland taste with no sweetness on it as I felt like eating a dough. But it was better than eating wood.'

'It was bland but the former owner ate it as if there's no tomorrow. I should just take these two.'

'If I give these foods do they will show suspicion? no, they were idiots to notice it and I need them to gather more information. let's give them energy.'

Alfred took a bite and while sounds out of his mouth, he threw the other pieces of bread at them.

"You are all skinny. Eat it!"

Ballund smiled and saw the five scrawny looking at each other in surprise. They still feared the former owner. One of them responded.

"Emperor Ballud. Don't worry about us. We are healthy as ever and our belly is filled." Miguel said.

Ballud eyes shone ruthlessly and glared at them. 

"Ate or I beat the shit out of you?!"

Ballund sure his voice was audible in the lug as the five scrawny felt chillness. They immediately picked the pieces of bread.

 "Emperor Ballud, thank you for your blessings." They said in unison.

Ballund didn't know that the five skinny fronts of him felt something odd about him. But now they felt it was just their imagination.

 

'How can a Creepy pig change into a good man?'

'You have one point for me pig for giving us bread.' 

'There is no way a pig will change. A pig will always be a pig. Don't worry after Alex implements his plan. Hehe. Let's just act brother.' 

Ballund continued to mull over this world's supernatural things and he didn't know that the five skinny scoffed at him inwardly. He had a vigorous and strong body that even one skinny their so-called leader had admitted defeat.

He stood up and walked forward and the five skinny petrified to the spot.

'Does he is going to beat us?'.

'Damn. He must bait us to eat the bread.'.

'If this goes on I will end up dead, hahaha.'.

'The pig only knows how to eat and do physical abuse.' 

'This fatty is such an abuser.' 

He stopped in front of the five scrawny and didn't do anything which greatly surprised them.

"Get the fuck out of my way!"

He just yelled and they immediately jolted and moved from his path.

 Only when he had trodden forward, did he slowly witness the tumult earlier ago.

He took the last step and his silhouette emerged from inside and he began to look at every nook of the street. A radiance shone in the sky, he looked up.

"What.... is this!"

He looked above and saw an inconceivable phenomenon with his own two eyes. Sweat mold from his face was considerable and his knees collided on the medieval road.

'Is that a sun…..Radiance of sun as if peeking at the whole  world.'

HOOAH!

HOOAH!

'Even though I saw it in my former owner's memories, the ignorant emotion inside my soul, unable to defend myself but going frightened made me. Based on the radiance I could theoretically conjure that the sun is the same size as Jupiter or more. If that something cracked the sky, and completely destroyed what would happen to this world? In all my life, this is the first time I witnessed such a scene and this is the first time I showed fear. With the second sun's size as earth and the first was so astronomical, it was quite a view, two suns. As for why there are two suns, I don't know.'

HOAH!

He strengthened his breath and stood back, wiped the sweat with his thick arm and he smiled with delight at the beautiful scene you could only find in medieval times.

'Oh, a Carriage?'

He saw numerous carriages going back and forth, a greengrocer side by side with fruits new to his mind, and people who looked like Western people but dressed more like medieval times walked with sisters, walked with friends, and walked with their family, happily.

'The people here are quite lovely but behind them was so scary.'

'Even though their smile was pleasant to the mind, behind it, the famine memories were deeply ingrained in me after the memories merged in my mind.'

'I am neither a hero nor a devil. I am just also a human who will do anything just to see a glimmer of my dream.'

Pak!

He was engrossed on the streets and had forgotten one of the memories from the former owner.  Suddenly a little girl tossed an egg at him with her tiny hands scaredly.

"Father, father. A creepy beggar, he is going to eat me, Father." The little girl said.

He jerked and saw a Middle-aged man behind the girl glaring at him and starting to walk at him.

"Why this beggar here? You ugly beggar get the fuck out of this Street." The father said.

He stood quietly and in front of him was the Middle-aged man jostling his two-finger with knitted eyebrows on his chest.

"Why are you still won't back off?!"The Father said.

"Father beat him up. The beggar is malicious, he must be a very bad guy." The little girl said.

 

He looked at the Middle-aged man who bent his arm and seems exerted strength.

Bam!

He felt fireflies fall on his chest while the Middle-aged man left to deprecate as if his fist landed on solid cotton.

"You think you are formidable. Received this you fucking beggar." The father said.

'The human here is quite hot-blooded.'

He was vexed by his behavior as he was just standing on the spot watching the beautiful things pass his sight.

Pak!

Ballund's large hand slapped the Middle-aged man who looks like her father on the face and he stumbled to the ground, perplexed.  

"You beggar dared to punch?! You fucker." The father said.

He noticed the Middle-aged man who received his slap indignantly rushed forward at him with bruised on the face.

Pak!

He slapped him again which made him fall to the ground once again. 

"Come fight me if you have the guts."

Ballund glared at the Middle-aged man fiercely as if could make him melt, he gulped down a few drops of saliva and left appalled.

"The heat of sun amplified their pyre head ."

He didn't know that the people who witnessed the scene on the side, immediately took a few distances away from him as if they were scared of something.

'Oh My God. I forgot one of the memories.'

Ballund could only smile and ponder about it as he still does not have a way to get the information of the Lord.

"The sun was so tantalizing and which means I could find again the vestige of my dream here? hahaha. I am so happy right now."

That beggar is laughing, he must be crazy." Passerby said. (1)

"Let's go now." Passerby said. (2)

"Call the guards and tell them the people of the slum got here." Passerby said. (3)

"Wait, I will go there." Passerby responded. (4)

Ballund heard the voices and promptly went back to the alley while his head shook with aversion.

'The one color of human, even though we are the same species, they treat the slum people with great contempt as if a mortal enemy.'

'The guard must be coming right now. I should escape as soon as possible.'

0