Season 2: Preparing for the festival
89 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(If you want to see more I,o go and check out Io's story. It's written up to season 4. This version is basically a more complete version of Io's story. Like please go read some of my stories.)

We see a pair of small red fox ears and a small red fox tail poking out of a bundle of blankets in the living room. 

Then we see a younger Rumi laying on the ground with a blanket over her. There's a TV playing the news in the background.

"Oh, no! I'm trapped what ever will I do?" Rumi acts.

Then the bundle of blankets fly up to reveal a very young Naoko. "No need to fear! Naoko's here!" Naoko runs over to Rumi and removes the blanket off of her. "You are free now citizen."

Rumi sits up and gives Naoko a smile. "My hero!"

Naoko puts his hands on his hips and laughs. 

In the entryway of the living room we see two adults, a female with a fox quirk and a male with a bunny quirk. They smile as they watch the kids play.

"On other news." The TV reporter starts. "Io saved a bus full of people from a rampaging villain today."

Naoko turns around in excitement and runs over to the TV as Io appears on the screen.

Naoko points at Io. "I'm gonna be an amazing hero like Io!"

Rumi smiles and laughs. "I believe in you."

"And we can't wait to see it, honey." Naoko's mom says.

"Yeah, I can't wait to see my big string boy grow up and become strong." Naoko's father walks over and picks up Naoko.

Naoko smiles.

But some things aren't meant to be.

We hear tires screeching then the sound of metal crashing together. 

Then we hear roaring.

Then an ambulance. 

"I'm sorry." We hear Io whisper. "I'm so sorry."

.

.

.

A few days after the USJ incident. 

We see Naoko in his room sitting at his desk. With earbuds in his fox ears; he's listening to a video on his laptop as he draws in his notebook.

He scratches the small scar on his right cheek.

"Where is he?!" A villain in the video yells and Naoko looks up.

The video is in a mall and we see a group of five villains freaking out.

"I don't know!" Another villain yells.

"He just came outta nowhere and took everyone out!" A third villain yells.

"I didn't sign up for this!" A fourth villain yells.

"I ain't scared!" A fifth villain yells. "Come out Io! I'll face you! Or are you to scared!"

Suddenly the lights flicker a few times, then they turn off. A pair of red eyes are seen glowing in the darkness.

Then there's a scream and a couple lights turn on above the villains and they see the fifth guy get dragged into the darkness, screaming.

"NO!" The fifth villain yells. "NOOOOO!" He disappears. 

"Oh god, he got Frank!" The first villain yells.

"Screw this!" The fourth villain yells. "I'm outta here!" He runs away.

"NO! Wait!" The second villain yells.

"I ain't going-" The fourth villain is cut off as Dammerung flies out of the darkness and hits the villain, taking him back into the darkness.

"Group up!" The third guy yells and they all go back to back.

"He take us all on!" The second guy says.

"He took everyone else on." The first guy says.

Suddenly Io's laugh echoes around them and two of them look in a direction.

"Where is he!" The third guy yells.

"Stop hiding!" The first guy yells.

What they don't notice is that Io's stinger comes down behind them and wraps itself around the second guy and drags him up and into the darkness.

"Bill?" The third guy turns around and sees nothing.

"Where did he go!" The first guy yells.

Suddenly Io drops down from above them and takes them both out with a single swing of Dammerung.

All the lights turn back on.

"It's Io!" The camera guy yells.

Io is wearing a veil that is all red instead of mostly black with read seams and he's not wearing his golden necklace.

Io laughs and looks at the camera. "Have no fear citizens, the villains are all knocked out! It's safe now."

Civilians start to come out of hiding.

"Weren't there like 50 other villains?!" A civilian asks.

"He took them all out!" Another citizen says.

"He's so strong!" A third civilian states.

Io gives a big smile and laughs as he swings Dammerung onto his shoulder.

"Remember people, even in the darkest of nights, hope will be shining." Io points to the camera. "I will be that shining light of hope!"

Everyone cheers and the video ends. Then some random video about cute cats plays.

'I hope to be as strong as Io was, one day.'  Naoko thinks to himself. Naoko looks down to his drawing.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f7650646c6b51336b4339687346413d3d2d313238343537393038312e313732353765353539313834323266643936353732313938343133362e6a7067

'This is the best I can do Toru.' Then his fight with the Knight plays through his head. Then Io's fight with the Knight plays in his head. 'I'm nowhere near Io's strength. I barely lasted a couple minutes against it and he took it out in less than a couple minutes.'

Naoko sighs.

"NAOKO!" Rumi yells from down stairs and Naoko pulls his earbuds out. 

"WHAT?" Naoko yells.

"FOODS READY SO GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE!" 

"CAN'T YOU BRING IT UP HERE?"

"WHAT AM I, YOUR MOTHER?"

Naoko groans and he sets his notebook down as he stands up and heads out of his room.

The next morning at Class 1-A. 

Naoko is leaning on Hagakure's desk as she talks to Ojiro and Shoji.

"Hey, did you watch the news last night?" Hagakure asks them.

"Yeah." Ojiro nods.

"Did you see how everyone in class was on-screen for a second? I didn't stand out at all..." She sounds slightly depressed at the final part.

"That's true." Shoji says.

Ojiro thinks back to Hagakure's hero costume. "It's hard to stand out looking like that, huh?"

"You stood out to me, Toru." Naoko says.

"Awww, thanks Naoko!" Hagakure says.

"But man, all the channels made a big deal out of it." Kaminari states.

"I was surprised." Exclaims Kirishima. 

Jiro stops twirling her earphone jack around. "Can you blame them? The hero course that keeps pumping out pro heroes was attacked.

Sero crosses his arms on his desk and rests his chin on them. "Who knows what would've happened if the teachers hadn't come when they did."

Naoko shivers at the thought and Haga begins to fluff his tail.

"Stop that, Sero!" Mineta yells as he tears up and begins to panic. "Just thinking about it is making me wet myself--"

Bakugo snaps. "Shut up! Be quiet, scum!"

"But man, All Might and Io were great." Sato says, and he mimics a few punches and a couple sword swings. "They pushed back those crazy strong villains."

Tokoyami nods. "Yes, his strength is worth wondering at."

Naoko's ears twitch and he jumps up and back into his seat as Iida runs into the room.

"Everyone!" Iida yells. "Morning homeroom is about to start!" He stops at the front of the class. "Stop talking and take your seats!"

Everyone's already sitting.

"We're already in our seats." Kirishima states.

"You're the only one who's not." Sero adds.

Iida then goes to his seat and sits down, while shaking in anger. "Shoot!

"Don't worry about it." Uraraka says cheerfully. 

Ashido turns to Tsuyu and she leans back. "Tsu, who's..." She almost falls over but Tsuyu catches her seat. "...gonna teach homeroom today?"

Tsuyu puts a finger on her chin. "Well, Mr. Aizawa is supposed to in the hospital recovering from his injuries and Io's still is in the hospital, keeping his Quirk in line." The door opens. "Ribbit?"

In the doorway stands a mummified Aizawa.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4e796d3165334b4b6b51694330673d3d2d313238343537393038312e313732353766616265323333666239313132333234353035303036302e6a7067

"Morning." Aizawa greets. 

"Mr. Aizawa, you're back too soon!" Everyone yells and Naoko covers his ears as he yells.

"You're too much of a pro!" Kaminari says in shock. 

"How is he standing?" Naoko asks as Aizawa makes his way to the front of the class.

Iida's hand shoots up. "So you're alright, Mr. Aizawa?"

"Can you really call that 'alright'?" Uraraka asks.

"My well-being doesn't matter." Aizawa states. "More importantly, the fight is not yet over."

"Fight?" Bakugo asks.

"Don't tell me..." Izuku starts.

"The villains again...?!" Mineta asks while he shakes.

"I'm prepared this time." Naoko says as his tail sways behind him.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f694d78594a69496448497a614b673d3d2d313238343537393038312e313732353766656134663839326166623834353035383637333938312e706e67

"The U.A. sports festival is drawing near." Aizawa states. 

"That's a super normal school event!" Everyone yells.

Naoko take a sigh of relief. 

"Yes!" Kirishima yells in excitement. 

Then everyone hears yelling from outside the classroom and then something slams into the door.

"AHH!" Mineta yells. "It's the villains coming to finish us off!"

Naoko slams his hands into his desk and stands up. "Not possible!"

Bakugo a few explosions go off on Bakugo's hands. "I'm ready for the second round.

"It can't be villains." Iida states. "There's no way they could get through our new security." 

The door opens up and it reveals Io, with a bloody nose. He pants a few times. "I'm here!" He wipes his nose. 

"Io!" Everyone yells in excitement. 

Io walks in and there is a metal cuff around his neck and a pair of metal cuffs around his wrists. He's wearing a suit with his golden necklace and cloak. There are a few bandages around his hands and his arms. 

Iida raises his hand again. "I'm glad you're ok, Sir."

"That's better." Uraraka says.

"I hope I'm not late." Io walks over to Aizawa.

"Class just begun." Aizawa says. "So you're late."

Io then looks sad. "Darn. I ran here as fast as I could."

Naoko points to Io's cuffs. "What are those, Io?"

"What are what?" Io's asks as he tilts his head.

"The cuffs is what he means, sir." Momo says.

Io looks confused for a few seconds before he looks down to his wrists. "Oh, you mean these."

"What else could it be!" The students comment.

Io holds up his wrists. "My personal doctor's granddaughter is a student in the support class and she made these for me. Kinda weirded me out at a few points, kept talking about her babies." Io lowers his wrists. "They're Quirk nullifies, I had them made for safety. I didn't want to risk anything."

Io's nose then scrunches up. "Do I smell urine?"

Naoko sniffs the air and his nose scrunches up as he looks at Mineta.

"Can we continue with class?" Aizawa asks.

Io sits down in a chair next to Aizawa. "Sure, what were we talking about before I got here?"

"The sports festival."

"Cool!" Io says with a small smile. "I had lots of fun when I did it."

"Let's go kick some-" Kirishima starts but Kaminari cuts him off by pushing his face.

"Wait a minute." Kaminari says.

"Is it okay to have a sports festival so soon after the villains snuck inside?" Jiro asks.

"What if they attack us again or something...?" Ojiro asks.

"U.A. thinks that we need to do this event to show that we're not deterred and we are still safe after such an attack." Io states.

"Plus security will also be strengthened to five times that of previous years." Aizawa adds. "Above all, our sports festival is a huge chance. It's not an event to be cancelled because of a few villains."

"But that's a good reason, isn't it?" Mineta asks in a scared tone. "It's just a festival of sports."

'How did he even get into the hero course?' Naoko thinks to himself.

Izuku turns around. "Mineta, you've never seen the U.A. sports festival?"

"Of course I have." Mineta states. "That's not what I meant!"

"Our sports festival is one of the most watched events in the entire world." Io says.

Aizawa then speaks. "In the past, the Olympics were called a festival of sports, and the whole country was crazy about them. As you know, with reductions in scale and population, they're now a shell of their former glory. And now, for Japan, what has taken the place of those Olympics is the U.A. sports festival!"

"Of course, all the top heroes around the country will be watching." Momo claims and she holds up a fist in determination. "For scouting purposes!"

"I know that." Mineta says. 

"After we graduate, it's typical to join a pro agency as a sidekick." Kaminari says.

"A lot of people miss their chance to become independent after that and become eternal sidekicks, though." Jiro states and she looks at Kaminari. "Kaminari, I feel like you'd be one of them. Since you're dumb."

Naoko snickers. 

"Of course, joining a famous hero agency will get you more experience and popularity." Aizawa starts. "Time is limited. If you expect to go pro, then the path to your future will open up at this event. One chance a year, a total of just three chances. No aspiring heroes can afford to miss this event. If you understand that, then don't slack off on your preparations!"

"Yes, sir!" Everyone says.

"Also I will be scouting this year." Io says.

Naoko perks up. 

"So you better be doing your best." Io looks at Naoko.

Naoko gives a subtle nod of determination.  

Io gains a small smile and gives a thumbs up. "But I am very strict and picky about who I chose. So I may not pick someone this year."

'Why are you happy about that?!' The students yell in their heads.

"Homeroom is dismissed." Aizawa says.

Later.

The bell rings and it's lunch time.

Everyone gets up and talks with their friends. 

"Even though all that stuff happened, I'm getting really excited!" Kirishima yells.

Sero walks over to Kirishima, Sato, and Tokoyami. "If we put on a good show and stand out, we'll have taken the first step to becoming a pro!"

"It's worth coming to U.A.!" Sato exclaims and he slams a fist into his palm.

Tokoyami closes his eyes. "We will only receive a few chances. We cannot afford to miss this."

"Usa, I'm getting kind of nervous now." Hagakure says to Naoko; Ojiro is next to them. "I need to stand out at the sports festival!" She pumps her arm up into the air a few times. "Hip, hip, hooray!"

"I'm sure you'll get plenty of pro's to notice you." Naoko says. "You'd be a great stealth hero."

"But the pros might not notice you unless you try really hard..." Ojiro says to Hagakure. "But I think you'll do great, Usagiyama. Since you have Io piratically training you."

Naoko sweat drops. "I still wonder how people found that out."

Aoyama does a pose. "Oh dear, what'll I do? I stand out just by standing still, so the scouts won't be able to stop looking at me, right?" He points to Koda, who is the only person near him. Koda just shakes his hands and Aoyama gets closer. "Right?" Koda nods.

"You're lucky, Shoji." Kaminari says to Shoji. "Your brawn stands out on its own."

"There's no point if I cannot show them my usefulness." Shoji states.

Jiro then thinks back to what happens to Kaminari when he over uses his Quirk. "I think you'll stand out, too." Kaminari shakes in anger.

"Everyone's so into it." Izuku says as he looks around.

"You're not?" Iida asks and he stands up. "We have enrolled here to become heroes, so of course we would get fired up!" He does a little dance.

"Iida, you have a unique way of getting fired up." Tsuyu says. 

Iida then points at Izuku. "Midoriya, you don't feel the same?"

"Of course I do." Izuku states. "But something's..."

"Deku, Iida..." Uraraka starts and the two turn to her to see her determined face.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f70617468524346796170646b76673d3d2d313238343537393038312e313732353832643734663031636564633135303436313435303531312e706e67

"Let's do our best at the sports festival." Uraraka states.

"U-Uraraka, your face...! It's..." Izuku panics. 

Ashido pops over. "What's the matter?"

Naoko pops over. "Her face is weird."

"You don't look carefree at all, even though that's what your name means."

Mineta gains a blush. "PM--" Tsuyu slaps him in the face with her tongue. 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f446a68776d47384f6e704b6152513d3d2d313238343537393038312e313732353832663634653161663632613337393032363639333439312e706e67

"Everyone, I'm gonna do my best!" Uraraka yells.

Ashido, Iida, Izuku and Naoko throw an arm up. "Yeah!"

Uraraka turns to the side and looks to more of her friends. "I'm gonna do my best!"

Kirishima, Sato and Sero put an arm up. Y-Yeah..."

"What's wrong?" Kirishima asks. "Your personality's all over the place."

Hagakure comes over and hugs Naoko from behind. "You better do your best, Naoko!"

Naoko nods. "I promise." 'I gotta do my best, Rumi will be watching.' Naoko starts to sweat slightly.

Later Naoko and Hagakure are walking down the halls of U.A.

"So why did you want to be a hero, Naoko?" Hagakure asks.

"Well, my mother was a pro hero before I was born..."

"Really?!"

Naoko rubs the back of his head. "Yeah, she was the Pro Hero Kitsune."

"Oh, I'm heard what happened to her, I'm sorry."

Naoko pats her head. "It's fine, I don't really remember the event. But I want to become a hero just like her and Io. I want to become strong and protect people. So why did you become a hero?"

"Well, Um... I wanted to find a way to control my Quirk and I thought I could also help people." Hagakure states. "So I want to be strong too and protect people just like you said."

Naoko smiles at her. "Then we'll do it together."

Hagakure pumps her arm up and down. "Let's."

Suddenly Io's metal tail comes out of nowhere and wraps around Naoko and drags him away.

"So what are you gonna--?" Hagakure stops walking and notices Naoko's gone. "Naoko?"

A few minutes later

Izuku and Naoko are sitting together on some chairs as Io and All Might sit across from them; they are in an office. There's a coffee table between them.

"Only about fifty minutes?!" Izuku and Naoko cry out.

All Might pours some water into a tea kettle. "Yeah... That's the limit to how long I can use my power now. I overdid it too many times. That Nomu was also a tough opponent. And it hurt..."

"The Knight was a worthy opponent." Io states. "I haven't fought that hard in a battle in a while."

All Might pours some tea. "I can just barely maintain muscle form for 1.5 hours now."

"About that..." Izuku starts. "Sorr--" He gets cut off as All Might spits out blood.

Izuku and Naoko freak out as Io calmly sips some tea.

All Might laughs. "You don't have to apologize! Man, we really are alike, you and me."

"He acts like he didn't just spit out blood." Naoko mumbles.

All Might sets a tea cup in front of the two students. "Have some tea."

"Thanks..." The two students says.

Naoko picks up his cup and sniffs it. "Mmmm." He takes a sip.

"More importantly, about the sports festival." All Might starts. "You still can't regulate One For All, can you? What'll you do?"

Naoko looks to Izuku as he sips his tea.

"But there was one time...!" Izuku starts. "When I aimed a smash at that brain villain, there was no backlash."

"Nice work." Io states.

"Oh yeah, you mentioned that!" All Might says.

"Yeah, I remember that." Naoko says.

"What was different?" All Might asks.

"Different..." Izuku starts. "The biggest difference between that and the One For All that I'd been using was..." He thinks back to what Thirteen said about how Quirks can kill and he clenches his hand into a fist. "It was the first time... I tried to use this power on a person."

All Might puts a hand on his chin. "Hmm... Looks like you succeeded in putting on the brakes unconsciously."

"At least it's some kind of progress." Io states.

The four sit in silence for a few seconds.

"Now, drink up." All Might motions to Izuku's tea.

"Oh, thank you." Izuku says.

"And I've heard there's been much progress in your training, Usagiyama." All Might says.

Naoko nods. "Io's been helping me train a lot. It helps." Then he sweat drops. "Even if I don't get much sleep because of him."

"Villains don't rest." Io says. 

Io finishes his tea and sets the cup on the table as All Might stands up, and walks over to the window. 

"Frankly, I don't have much time left as the Symbol of Peace." All Might states. 

Both Naoko and Izuku looks sad.

"No way..." Izuku mumbles. 

"And some of those with built-up villainous intent are starting to realize." All Might says.

"I'm to busy with personal stuff to do hero work sometimes." Io states.

Izuku stands up and turns to All Might.

All Might turns around and holds his hand out to Izuku. "I granted you my power because I want you to succeed me. You still feel the same as you did back then, don't you?"

Izuku looks to All Might with a face of determination. "Yes."

All Might lowers his hand. "Then, the time has come for you to show that."

Izuku gasps as Naoko looks on in awe. Io has a small smirk.

"The U.A. sports festival is something pro heroes-- no, the whole country-- is watching closely. A big event." All Might says as the two students gain a look of worry. "This is what I brought you here to talk about! The next All Might... the fledgling Symbol of Peace... Izuku Midoriya. I want you to tell the world 'I am here!'"

Io then stands up and Naoko looks to him. "And you my dear cousin, are gonna be the next 'Shining Light of Hope!'"

Naoko smiles then his smile lowers. 'This means much more training, doesn't it?'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Here's the start of season 2! So I hope you enjoyed the episode!)

11-07-2022

3539 words.

3