Road to Haga – Part 5
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  Almost thirty minutes later, the survivors have arrived in the next city whose known as Harlingen. And that city has offered a shocking surprise for those three male survivors. A few broken cars have blocked their road to the city, and there is an immense wave of zombies there.

  "We've made a good decision to not take too much gas." says Ronald who is in the driver's seat and is looking at that pile of cars that is blocking his road. "Now, what?"

  "We will have to leave the car and find a way out of this city." says Gerald after he put a backpack on and has a dagger equipped in case he will have to slash a zombie's neck or stab their head.

  "I am with you, dude." says Mike taking out a machete from the back of the jeep, and a backpack that contains a small size of supplies such as food, bandages, and two knives.

  Ronald is looking in the car torpedo, and he sees there a revolver, who is having a small box of bullets made for that revolver. He is smiling, and he looks at his friends who were meeting them a few days ago when the apocalypse has started.

  "We have one more gun. and this one is mine." he says while he is showing them that revolver.

  "Nice find." says Mike who is trying to make Ronald feeling better that he finds a gun, even though they have a few guns in their backpacks, but in Gerald's backpack.

  These three survivors are leaving the jeep behind and enters the closest building, which is a house that got busted pretty heavily. Almost every window of that house is broken, and the door doesn't even exist which concluded that this house was a war zone when the apocalypse was happening in this city. When they have entered the building, Mike has seen one zombie who is crawling to them, groaning and with his legs butchered.

  "This bastard is still alive?" asks Ronald.

  "They haven't killed him completely." says Gerald getting closer to that poor zombie, and he is stabbing the zombie head with his dagger. "You remember that zombies are not truly dead if they are not stabbed in the head?"

  "I remember, old geezer." says Ronald who is looking at that veteran who is giving him that look to be cautious at the things he might say in the future.

  "Guys. We have to leave this building." says Mike who is pointing at the stairs, where eight zombies are walking slowly to them.

  "Shit." says Gerald who is taking the dagger from the zombie's head, and he runs together with the other two survivors to the exit of the building.

  When they left that building, they encountered three more zombies who are turning at them and looked at them. Gerald saw Ronald who was about to take out the revolver he found, but he tells him to not do it and instead, use the knives since the noise will draw attention to those zombies. He put the revolver back, and he charged Gerald at those zombies, while Mike, is trying to block the door by using a dumpster that contains a few zombie's limbs. He successfully blocks the exit door from the back of the building, and he turns around to the other two survivors and saw Ronald who is stabbing the last zombie in the neck.

  "Are you alright, kid?" asks Gerald to Mike.

  "Yes. But... I have found several zombie arms and legs into that dumpster." says Mike who is indicating the dumpster he moved.

  "Don't say it." says Ronald who is going closer to see those limbs cut. "It looks like there was somebody, or it is still here, and killing zombies."

  "Even if somebody is still there, this place is filled with zombies. Probably has left this area long ago."

  "You might be right, dude." says Mike. "But we should get going, we don't know if any of the zombies there could use windows."

  These three survivors are continuing their walking to the next building, where the things there seems much more peaceful, but still bloody. Ronald has seen a picture of an old couple on the floor, who is covered in blood, and at a few small feet from him, there is that old man from the photo, who is having a pistol on his left hand and a big wound on his head.

  Ronald felt sad for that man, so he decides to put that picture into his jacket pocket at his heart area, and level the corpse alone, saying a soft "Sorry..." to the poor old bastard who has lost this battle against zombies. The survivors are leaving the next building and headed to the main street where they see there are a few cars, who might get them into Haga if they have fuel and batteries.

1