Road to Haga – Part 13
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  Mike has finally killed the last out of three zombies when he entered the next room. It was hard to kill them by using a single knife and stabbing their heads as Gerald taught him two days ago, while they were in another apartment designated as a training room by the owner of that room, and it was the one who got eaten alive last night while he was trying to save a little girl, but she also died that night due to a dog zombie who jumps on her and eating her face like a lump of meat in a big bone.

  After that, Mike is about to leave the second apartment, which was the one next to the one he entered via the window. He looks in the hallway, and he sees the other zombies who are just most of them crawling to Mike, or the other three who are slowly walking in his direction. Before he is about to leave the first floor, he takes few furniture pieces from the rooms of the apartment, such as a bid drawer, he then drags it into the hallway. When he got it there, he sues as a barricade, but he observed that this one is not enough, so he goes back to that apartment and takes another furniture piece, enough to block the right way where there are dozens of zombies.

  He successfully managed to block that way with only three small drawers, and one big drawer, and even put a lamp there, just as a measure precaution. After that, he goes downstairs and encountered another survivor there, but this one is in a critical case because his both legs are completely sawed. He sees Mike and asks him if he could kill him, but Mike tells him he cannot. That man later asks Mike if he can borrow his pistol or the knife to put an end to his life. Mike gave him the knife, but before he was about to stab his neck, Mike told him.

  "I am sorry."

  "... It is my fault." whispers the man before Mike realizes that the man stabbed his throat by using Mike's knife.

  Mike stood there, feeling extremely sad and depressed because a survivor that strong was taken down that easily. Sure, no one would survive in a zombie apocalypse without a pair of legs, but the fact that he killed around him six zombies, by using a pistol with a capacity of only eight bullets, is incredibly impressive for a survivor incapacitated like him.

  Mike takes back his knife and waits for that incapacitated man to transform into a zombie, who will later be killed by Mike.

***

  Ronald and Gerald were about to enter another apartment, but before they were about to do that, they heard choppers outside, close to their building. Ronald was close to going to the main doors, but he remembers that there are zombies, so he remains on the first floor, killing all of the zombies who remained on this floor, which isn't as much as those from the ground floors, together with Gerald.

  Ronald has used a knife to cut the throat of a zombie, and throw it to an undead, who immediately started to eat that zombie, and he quickly stabbed that undead's head before he was about to become a full zombie. He saw one zombie who was close to touching his face, and he responded to that thing by shooting the zombie head with a pistol that was used in Ronald's left hand. That zombie falls on his back like a boxer who got knocked out instantly and forgot how to fall on his face.

  Gerald is shooting three zombies with an UZis landed by Ronald, and when the UZI didn't have any ammo, he applied the shotgun to kill the eight reaming zombies, and almost hit Ronald with one stray bullet. Ronald observed he dodged death again, and he looks angry at Gerald.

  "Be careful with that thing, old man!"

  "Why you were in my front, Rascal?!" asks Gerald, who is throwing the shotgun on the ground and reloads his UZIs.

  But before, Ronald was about to say something, one zombie, who had his entire face splattered by that shotgun shell, is suddenly rising from the ground. These two dudes are shocked by this thing because there isn't a single zombie who can reanimate itself without a head or a brain. But this one can since it is a rare zombie type, which some people call "Indestructible". Ronald is taking the machete from the ground, and he was about to murder that zombie by cutting his entire limbs, but then, the door next to them is opened by a survivor who hides it in this building.

  "I need help!" says the survivor, whose name is Raluca by the way, who is covered in blood and having as a weapon only a butter knife.

  Gerald takes a look at the stairs this female survivor was taken to come at them. There he encountered three zombies who were coming to them, and the other four on the back. He looks at Ronald, who has successfully done a great move to cut the zombie leg who got reanimated, and he goes to those stairs, to take out those other zombies.

***

  Mike leaves the room where he killed that man again. He closes the door, but before he was about to leave, he sees on the ground a key. He takes it, looks carefully, and observed details about this key. On the tag attached, it is written "De sleutel van de beveiligingskamer en de garage" ( in English: Key to the security room and garage). He puts the key into his pocket, and he is about to go to the entrance, but he then, encountered there a bunch of zombies, probably almost thirty, who are looking anywhere and standing still, or others are slowly moving. This guy is standing there, scared and having no idea what to do, while two zombies are slowly walking to him. Then, an idea came, and he attracts those other zombies' attention by yelling at them.

  "Hey, you fuck faces! Come and eat my fatness, you skinny monsters!"

  This idea worked, but not many were attracted by him, just about twenty enough to make him run at the garage area where most of the cars are stored on the underground. Mike has an idea to block those zombies there, and deal with less of them here. Even though there could be some working cars there, it will not be a problem to take one from the road, since Ronald can turn on every car by connecting two different wires correctly.

***

  When he got to the garage, he got surprised to see that almost every working there was gone, and others were just burned, or a few without wheels, or one, who just straight out crushed into a poor zombie in a wall. The zombies have followed Mike, who then runs to the exit, but there he got greeted by three soldiers who aimed their assault rifles at him, and they yelled at Mike.

  "DUCK!"

  Mike runs into the closest car to this garage, which is a Ferrari without gas and shattered glass windows. These three soldiers are starting to use all of their ammo on those zombies who were directed by Mike into this place. They got down pretty easy since most of them were normals, and not like the other ones. but, to be sure, one of those guys was inspecting the zombies by applying the "Double Tap" rule. One soldier goes at Mike, he pointed a thermometer like the ones they use at the markets to check the client's temperature.

  "35, 3." says the soldier, taking back the thermometer. "You are fine."

  "Fine?"

  "You are not going to transform into a zombie." says the soldier reloading his assault rifle. "This virus is now on air, which means anybody could get infected without a proper immunity system. But anyway, you wonder why we are here?"

  "To take us to safety?" asks Mike, who is smiling, but the soldier is telling him the bad news.

  "I am afraid that we cannot take you or anybody else to the base. You have to go there on your own."

  "Why? Why?!"

  "Safety protocols." says the soldier who leaves Mike alone, while he goes to the other rooms of this building to kill the rest of those walking corpses.

1