Road to Haga – Part 18
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  In the present, when the nighttime has come, Mike is closing the door which leads to the rooftop, and the other survivors are just going into their rooms. Or they selected them since all of them were put in a single room and used only when a zombie enters the building. Gerald and Ronald are sleeping in a room together with two more survivors in an apartment with four beds in a single room. One of the survivors, a lady in her twenty told them that this room belonged to four brothers who ran from this place before the apocalypse started it.

  Gerald took the comfortable bed, while Ronald was taking the last comfortable, but it got an advantage since it was close to the window. You never knew when a "Climber" just grabs your body and throw it from the building into the street while you are dreaming of female wrestlers thighs. Those two survivors are sitting on their chosen beds and try to sleep, while Gerald is just looking at the ceiling and thinking about his life in the military. He sees how his good friends were with him at the table, and how some of those good friends got killed in an Aerial strike, and when this happened, Gerald has decided to resign the military and move into Holland, where he met his wife, who unfortunately got killed by these monsters.

  "God truly hates me." he whispers to himself, and then he goes to sleep. "First my brother's arms. Then the country. And my wife... If God wanted me to jump into despair. He will need much more than this to make me lose my minds."

  "Old man." says Ronald to Gerald. "Are you having PTSD or some shit?"

  "Get to bed, rascal." says Gerald who came back to Earth (metaphorically). "Tomorrow we will flee this place and new need resting."

  "Sure, man." says Ronald getting back to his sleep and trying to fall asleep. He succeeds it, but this will happen after three minutes while he counted the sheep.

***

  In the next room, there is Mike, and this dude is living by himself since he tried to do a risky thing earlier this day, so the rest of the survivors has decided to spoil him a bit, by giving him room to himself, while the others are sleeping on the available rooms. But then, he decided to stay a few minutes on the balcony and look at the giant flood of zombies on the street. He slides the window door and goes to the balcony, and he didn't see much since there is a night and the poles that support lights that can illuminate half of the Bucharest neighbourhood (Romania), are gone, and they do not produce light since almost the entire electrical systems from the world are gone. He looks at a building, and there he sees a light on a window.

  He looks focused for a moment in that building, and then, the lights go out, then it came back, and a few seconds later, it becomes black again. Mike thought to himself: "It is probably a failure of the lights on that house... but how come they have electricity? Sure, there was probably just my imagination, but what if there is a survivor in that building far across from here?"

  But then, something is happening. Mark heard a loud bang coming from that house, then the light came back and Mike could've seen that the walls of the house illuminated be full of red, and that is blood. Mike was about to attract the man from that house attention, but then... The person on that building opens the window and jumps from that floor as fast as he could. Mike felt awful that he was a witness to a survivor who just committed suicide, right in front of his eyes. He feels ashamed and also sad that he did not have the chance to help the man who just committed suicide. But, he is also wondering, was that a man, or he was just a zombie who committed suicide? Like the one earlier when Mark saw in the halls.

  He goes back to his room, looks the window to the balcony, but before he was about to cover the window door with a drawer from his room, he turns on a flashlight, in case there is a zombie in his room, and he found something there, a thing he didn't see earlier. Behind the drawer, he was about to push. There is a photo album, and this one shows pictures of a woman and a man, for only three pages, and then, there is a letter there. Mike felt curious, but he decided to close the album photo and put it somewhere else in this room, under the bed. Mike thought to himself before he sees the letter: "I've seen enough sadness this day.".

  He gets to his bed and starts sleeping, while he got into his hands a pistol. Just in case if the thing will happen again.

***

  On the next day, Ronald and another survivor heard a noise coming from the rooftop, so they got armed up with shovels and pistols. Ronald with the survivors is opening the door with keys, taking the furniture used as a blockage and enters the rooftop prepared for anything. At the moment they entered the rooftop, all they saw there is a military man, who is sitting on a pile of zombies named "Climbers" and smokes a cigarette, while he got on his back and machete.

  "Good morning!" says the man in Deutschland. "Have you slept well, last night?"

  "Who are you?" asks Ronald in Deutschland and lowering his pistol.

  "I'm Garen Titir, a normal soldier from Human Army Regiment." says the soldier jumping from that pile of zombies who were killed again, he raised his hand to Ronald. "And you are?"

  "Ronald. Just Ronald," says Ronald shaking the hand of the soldiers and making him feel suspicious since he didn't tell the soldier full name.

  "And why you have come here?"

  "Because we are going to clean up this entire area. This place will be the property of our army and here we are going to build a new base, but foremost. We have to escort all of the survivors from here to the Docks."

  "Good thing we were going there." says the survivors who stick his nose into this business. "Right?" asks Ronald to be sure we are going there and not changed the plan at the next moment.

  "Yes, we are." responds Ronald. "But first, we gotta go down and talk with the others."

  "There are more survivors into this building?" asks the man with a smile on his face. "This will seem interesting."

1