From Cluj to Athene – Part 7
4 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the same room, where that woman was killed by Alin, he and with his friend, Radu, have come back, after they put three zombies down who were close to eat one little girl. They did saved the girl, but not her mother, which was eaten alive by those beats after those two fighters arrived to this place. The little girl was send to an hospital, where a few medics are going to try and help this little girl overcome this hard trauma of her mother, dying in front of her.

They looked at that lady who ruined their life, and now, she became a zombie. Alin observed that the lady it is chained up to her chair, and Radu, he looked shocked at Alin, then back at the zombie, then at Alin.

"Are you insane?" asks Radu.

"To revenge my lost of my father and mother?" asks Alin. "If it is insane, well yes... I am insane."

"... Brother. You couldn't do that."

"Why?"

"Our family had problems with this lady, yes. But killing another people in the apocalypse... This is wrong, brother. Especially in this case."

"S-She had to go. She murdered our family."

"That it is true. But our mother, she was close to die anyway. The doctors said-"

"THE DOCTORS SAID?!" yelled Alin at his brother. "The doctors were corrupted by her. Everyone was corrupted by her status and money! She had to go before he did a lot of bad things, even on this new world."

Then, both of them shut up, they looked at the zombie girl who is still trying to get out of her chains. But Radu, is taking off a knife he bought to him to kill those three zombies from earlier. He goes close to the corpse, and he stabbed the head of that moving corpse. After that stabbed, the corpse stopped moving it, and Radu let that knife there. Then, he walks close to his brother and told to him.

"Now both of us are criminals."

And he leave this room, letting Alin alone in this room with that corpse. Then, after a few seconds of thinking, he leave this room and head to the waiting room, where their plane will be about to go.

***

Meanwhile, on an medical cabinet of this airport, Alina is talking with Dr. Cleatus, the only medic on this place who could help these people how this virus works and the ways of defeating it. But most of these survivors know how to defeat these things by decapitating them, or immobilizing them by just cutting every limb of that zombie. It will not kill them, but they will be stopping from moving.

"You should take out those teeth." says Dr. Cleatus to his assistant who is about to take out the teeth of an zombie adult, who is still kicking it.

The assistant was scared at first, but this Doctor encouraged her to continue this extraction because the corpse is chained up, and his teeth are opened wide, thanks to that tool used for dentists to keep the moth open of he patients.

She successfully took out the first teeth without any problem, then she took out the second one. This assistant felt quite easy and not scared while she was extracting these teeth. If the zombie was still human, this would've been a real painful experience and a dark memory, for both of them, but these creatures are not able to think, nor to see the reality. Their only way of thinking is to hunt human prey, something similar like the animals.

When the assistant was halfway through this extraction, Alina came to this room, and looked around, horrified at the thing this assistant and Dr. Cleatus are doing to an alive corpse. But before Alina was about to take her gun and to shoot that thing, Dr. Cleatus stopped her, by telling her that they need to do some research on these things.

"This thing it is breathing. It is a threat to this place." argued Alina to dr. Cleatus.

"I know this, but we have to risk it, in order to know how we can defeat these monsters." said Dr. Cleatus to Alina before he goes closely to that corpse to see her assistant taking out the last tooth of that thing. "You see, if we are taking out their teeth, they might not going to be able to spread the virus."

"And how you know this will not work?"

"We will test it, on someone." respond Dr. Cleatus while he is walking to a door which is leading to an storage door for medical use, he takes from there an inmate who it is completely chained at his arms and legs. He is looking terrified at Alina, but much more terrified when he sees the creatures. He screamed and tried to hide behind his arms chained, hoping that the creature might not going to see him if he hides behind his arms. But, the thing saw him and continued to groan at him and says those zombie sounds.

"The thing will not hurt you." said Dr. Cleatus while he is escorting the man to that zombie with his teeth removed. "We extracted their teeth, so it will be impossible to spread this flu."

"You think so?" asks Alina.

"That's just a theory. I am not sure this will work, but we have to risk it in order to save our remaining humans."

"S-So y-y-y-you say I m-might going to d-di-die?" tried to say the inmate but he is to terrified to even speak calmly.

"Maybe." says the Dr. Cleatus who is pushing the inmate close to the creature, and he then looked at his assistant. "Open the locks!"

The assistant is quickly taken out the locks, and that zombie is free from chains. And the zombie saw the inmate, but he looked back at his assistant and jumped on her. He pinned the assistant down and it was close at eating the assistant arm, but Alina was quick in action and she shoot the zombie head. Then, she helped the assistant getting up, and shove that dead zombie on the floor.

"Why you killed him?" says the crazy Doctor. "You should have let him live, we could've control it."

"Control it, my ass!" yelled Alina to the Doctor, and she approaches to him angrily. "You could've destroy this safe building with one zombie. You really wanted to die, or let one of your workers die."

"What I do care about workers?" replies Dr. Cleatus. "I can replace them easily, just like that zombie you killed."

"If you dare to bring another flash eating monster." she said that while she aimed her gun to the Doctor head. "I swear you will die pretty soon."

Doctor agreed to her terms, by an head approval, and Alina, puts her pistol down and head to the waiting room, but before she was about to leave, she said one sarcastic thing.

"Thanks for the information."

"You're welcome." responded Dr. Cleatus thinking that the thing Alina said earlier was actually true, and he looks at his assistant. "You! What are you standing there? Go and fetch me another corpse from the garage."

"B-But, sir. I-It is dan-"

"DO! I! CARE!" replied Dr. Cleatus by yelling at his assistant.

Then, the assistant, being frighted by his boss, he took the keys to the garage area to unlock the gates and took one zombie from the thousands of corpses, stored there without military consent, or hiding from them. But, the assistant, which was frightened by his boss, the assistant had a dark idea. He takes the stairs to the underground, where the parking garages of the staff members or customers are stored, and where most of the zombies are located there.

***

A few moments later, on the plane, which is heading to the Athena, which is called Tiju 87-j. There are about twenty passengers, together with two pilots with experienced on piloting planes for over twenty years. On the plane there are Alina, Alin, Radu, Anakin, Marcus, Ana, Ho Lee, Laura, Eliza, Claudia, Klaus, Ilie and Cassandra. And the pilots are Dimitire and Louise. There are other passengers, but the rest of them are sitting on the other class, the one mentioned earlier are staying in class one.

The pilots are sitting on their seats, and turn on the loudspeaker to say their message before they will be about to leave this place.

"We are about to leave this airport in a few minutes! Until then, please check your seats, turn on the device who could make our journey worse, and also, be careful where you are walking, and if you are feeling well. If you suffer of coughing, high fever, or pneumonia, please head to the staff room, where one of our medical stuff might going to help you out. Thank you again, and stay safe! We will reach safety pretty soon!"

On the class one, every passenger has listen to the pilot message and they start to put on their belts from their seats, in case something bad will happen.

Ana is sitting next to the women named Alina. She looks at her gun which is sitting on the sheath of her. Alina caught her looking at her gun, and she asks Ana.

"This is your first time when you have seen a gun?"

"N-No." she responded feeling ashamed that was caught staring at Alina gun. "I m-mean yes. Sorry. I am not feeling well."

"I understand. This thing... Has destroyed everyone on this plane." responded Alina to Ana. "By the way, have you worked on a gas station?"

"Yes. How do you know that?"

"Well, every morning I used to go there and take a cup of plastic coffe from your coffee machine. The coffee our officers are making ain't the best, but that machine, are acceptable."

"Um... Thanks." says Ana feeling a little bit awkward. "Sorry, I am not used to talk with people."

"Alright... Then, enjoy this trip." responded the Alina officer who is taking from her next seat an magazine and she proceeds to read it.

***

On the other seats on the window, Alin sees that on the airport roads, some people there are refuelling their plane with the remaining gas they have. There are nine people who are refuelling the plane, and three soldiers who are patrolling this area, by carrying assault rifles on their arms, and wearing heavy armior, escpecially made for these cases. Alin is thinking: "How come these soldiers have came prepared for this?... Maybe it is because of their hard trainning, or... They knew about this virus spreading all along?". But then, appears one soldier, who is checking Alin temperature by using the same device the soldiers used earlier to check people temperature before they let them in. The soldier looked neutral at Alin and told him.

"36, 5... You are alright." he proceeds to go to the other seats and checks his brother temperature, who is sitting next to Anakin.

Alin and Radu had an argument earlier, about the lady Alin killed with old blood, and let her transform, to later be killed again. Even though the lady didn't support any bite infection from these monsters, she was healthy as an human who is going everyday at GYM. And this argument, made these two brothers "split" into other seats.

***

Into the airport, at the locked door of the garage, the assistant, who was about to be killed earlier is looking at the door where these monsters are locked and used by Dr. Cleatus in his terrifying experiments. The on he conducted earlier was close to kill the assistant, but thanks to Alina, he could live a few more seconds, until he decided to do this massive suicide. But before he was about to open the door, he starts monologuing thinking it was someone there, but there was nobody.

"I was a waste before all of this was about to happen. But now... I am still a waste... I have loved zombie genre since I was in college, and played video games with my friends all night, and forget about assignments which needed to have about 100 pages..." he laughed thinking about a memory. "Good times... Those were the beautiful days. When nobody called my name and everyone let me do my thing... But now... I am tired of this. Tired of risking my life for an evil scientist doctor. Tired of lying to my parents that I have a wife and a child. Tired of waking up in the morning and work 12 hours shift on a minimum salary. I am tired of this old world, and also this new world, God!"

He inserts the key into the lockers and the garage door opens up, letting a few zombies infecting the airport. Some of them stopped to eat the assistant, and it didn't proceed to scream, he was laughing while zombies were eating his neck and proceed to open his belly to extract the intestines, livers and hearts from there, and eat it. Only nine of them were eating the assistant, while the rest of them, were going upstairs to the main floors, where most of the military staff are sitting in a break room and drink coffee.

When these nine zombies finished eating the poor assistant, they proceed to walk along with the other zombies to the rooms situated on the ground area. The bones of the assistant were the only thing reaming there, laying on this cold floor. And a note, which was on his left hand. The note was written this message: "There is no cure.".

***

A few moments later, when the fuel was stored into the plane tank, the people outside communicated to the pilots the next following.

"You do not have enough gas to Athena. The best thing you should do it is to stop on the closest airport, and from there, take the remain gas you need it to Athena. Over."

"I understand. And thank you again. Over." responded the pilot named Dmitri.

"Now go. Before we will be about to proceed to the next phase. Over."

"Alright. And good luck in your mission. Over."

"Same to you, Dmitri. Over." responded the man who closes the radio station and leaves with his team this area.

Later, on the pilot rooms, Dmitri opens the loudspeaker and speaks to the microphone the next message.

"Ready to fly or not. We are about to head to Athena."

These two pilots could hear a few passengers thanking them to do this thing, and also congratulating them for being such a brave humans on this day where the humanity might going to end forever.

1