From Cluj to Athene – Part 13
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the kitchen room, of the house these survivors from the second group have entered, they are searching this place for any food, weapons or even better, medicine for Alin.

"So. The army was here." says Alin looking at the map while he is sitting on the chair, and in front of him are Radu, Ho Lee and Klaus. Probably the only people there who could make a decision At this moment. "And how come, a team with heavy training and guns, could fail to secure this space? Or even one single city?"

"This took all of us by surprise." responds Ho Lee. "If a virus like that started out of nowhere, and in random locations, you never knew when it is going to hit and how hard it is going to hit."

"... But the most important thing we have to think about it is a plan to Athene." says Klaus to everyone surprised. "Not to think about what military has trying to do here."

"Cassandra is right." says Radu. "Our mission it is to get to Athene. Military business, it is too military. We have another group who are probably trying their best to survive, and we have to go after them."

"But how?" asks Ho Lee. "We will need a big vehicle to go after them."

"Who says we only need one vehicle?" asks Alin having an idea. "This small city has a lot of abandoned cars, there are five of them running into that direction. We need a large vehicle to carry them and us, and we do also need to start taking all the supplies from this part..." he looks on the map, and he sees a few marked locations on the map with a "X" symbol. He looks at Radu and he asks him. "Could you go with someone and checks these areas?" he shows him those "X" locations.

"I am not going without you, brother." says Radu.

"Radu. You have got to go and check those locations. Maybe a few people from the army are hiding there and waiting for help."

"Hell no." says Radu putting Alin into a close chair. "I am not leaving you. We are a family. Remember that?"

"I know. But you have to. You're the only one who I-"

"I am going by myself." says Klaus, reloading his shotgun he took from the supplies who were left into the plane.

"We are going." says Ho Lee reloading his crossbow and taking a hatchet from the table, and he looks at Klaus. "If that's fine by you."

"It is fine." says Klaus to Ho Lee.

"Good..." says Alin feeling a bit sad because he has to stay behind cause of an idiotic injury. "... I am counting on you two. See if you find a supply, or a wounded soldier here. He might be able to help us escape this Hellhole."

"Roger that." says Ho Lee to him in a funny yet badass manner.

***

A few minutes later, Ho Lee and Klaus are walking across the streets of this destroyed town of Bulgaria. Klaus is holding on both of his hands a shotgun weapon, and on the pocket he has a small box with 30 shells. Ho Lee is holding his crossbow and a pair of arrows into a pocket on his back, and a hatchet on the belt.

These two scavengers encounter two zombies on their way. So they quickly attack them using their weapons. Klaus couldn't risk in firing his shotgun because this might attract a few more zombies, so he got the idea to hit the zombie in the head like that shotgun was a baseball bat. He successfully did a fracture on there, but this didn't stop the beast from trying to get up on his legs. Ho Lee is quickly and throw his hatchet to the zombie, which hits the head and a hit so hard, it made the zombie fall on this face into this street.

After Klaus finished destroying the head of that monster with his shotgun, he looked at Ho Lee, who then shows him with a movement of a head they have to move it to the marked building. Klaus leads the way to the building while Ho Lee is behind him to protect his back, in case a zombie will do a surprise move. But thankfully, this didn't happen until they arrived in the front of the marked building.

At his door of that marked building on the map, they say it is blocked by few furniture pieces, and has a bunch of broken windows on the next floor. Ho Lee tried to peek inside to see if he founds something there, but he cannot see anything since almost everything it is dark there, and the night is about to come. Before Klaus was about to knock on the door, they heard a shout from the building.

"GO AWAY!" says a man in Bulgarian language.

"What?" asks Ho Lee in English.

"Me no speak English." says the guy from the building in a broken English, and he then tried to say. "Leaver!"

"Leaver? You want us to go?" asks Ho Lee again.

"DA. GO AWAY!" says the Bulgarian man.

"Okay!" says Ho Lee, then he turns to Klaus. "Let's move to the-"

Then they heard a bang coming from the building. It was a loud bang. But when they looked around, they do realize that he didn't shoot a zombie, not tried to shot one of them. "He probably decided to give up on life." says Klaus to himself, before Ho Lee started to run back to their building and decide to try their search in the morning because they do have to rest for this night.

***

A few minutes later, in the building secured by those survivors, Anakin and Cassandra are making the beds in the room, which was supposed to be probably Living Room or other type of room to rest were to talk with your neighbours about the latest gossip.

"Why are dressed like a character from a movie?"

"It is because I like it." says the guy cos playing as Anakin.

"Okay... You are a weird man."

"And? I like what I do, so does it matter it look weird to you?" asks the guy cosplaying as Anakin.

"Yes. This is apocalypse, and you are acting like a child in an adult form. What is wrong with you?" asks Cassandra feeling annoyed by the fact a man wears a costume, and he is not agitated like the other people on this apocalypse.

"No. I am not frustrated by this." he says while he put the blanket on the third bed he made. "In fact, does zombie cares if I wear a uniform or not? No. They only care about human flesh and organs. If they see we walked, they will try and attacks us. But why should I listen to you? Who are you?"

"I am Cassandra Dumitrescu! My father is a leader of a village."

"And I am Anakin. My true name is Paul Jorin."

"Your name doesn't sound Romanian. Are you from outside?"

"No. And it is not your business." he said while he is going to make the fourth bed, while Cassandra hasn't even touched the first one. "If you stay here, why aren't you working on the bed. We have to sleep in order to remain awake and fight these creatures who are roaming the streets."

"Then I will not do it." says Cassandra throwing the blankets on the floor and leaving this room and going somewhere else.

"EY... What child." whispered Anakin, and then laughing at her who is closing the door loud. "I forgot how dumb kids can be at this age."

1