From Cluj to Athene – Part 16
4 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few moments later, on the highway, Alina, Ilie, Claudia, Ana and Eliza, are leaving the military truck and head to the closest vehicles to grab the necessary fuel to make their truck go. There are some zombies there, but at really far distances from them, and this is no excuse for them to grab some weapons to them. Ana is carrying an MP5 she found on the supply crate. Alina is carrying her revolver, together with a hunt knife she found on this truck. Eliza is using a pistol with the other hand because the other is injured and she really wanted to help considering her state and age. Ilie is carrying an shotgun he found on the supply crate from the plane. And Claudia is carrying one single sub-machine gun, or an MP5 for people who got some Counter Strike intelligence.

These five are armed to their teeth with fire weapons that they can even scare one American from a region who is heavily on gun's side instead of common sense.

Ana sees three zombies coming to them. She alerts the other members from the group. They didn't bothered to shoot those three because they do not want to see a lot coming to them. They need to carry on this mission instead of wasting bullets in zombies.

Ilie goes to a car. He opens the door where the fuel goes by and checks to see if the car goes by the fuel their truck needs to work. And it is Diesel, which means a good thing for them since this Military truck works on Diesel. Ilie proceed to take out the gas by suing a trick he learned from a TV movie, and the others are protecting him by aiming the weapons to the creatures.

Then, out of nowhere, everyone jumped when an alarm was heard from a close distance. They looked from the sound of the alarm and they see there a zombie who touched an alarmed car with his head. This made everyone upset and terrified the things who might come at this moment.

"They are coming to us!" says Eliza to everyone trying to aim the pistol to one of those things but she tremble like crazy.

"Aim and shoot!" says Alina aiming her revolver to a zombie who was walking towards them, he hit the head of that thing, and it made him fall on the back. "See! Hit their heads!"

Ana aimed with her MP5 and she blasted the gun to those things, killing almost nine of those zombies who were coming to them by using the full magazine of this gun. She took the magazine down, and reload it.

Claudia goes closer and proceed to use her MP5 to kill these creatures who are still coming to them, but instead of using the full magazine, she managed to hit three of those things by using only six bullets. This made Ana feeling impressed.

Then, out of nowhere a creature is jumping from a car close to them, but thanks to Eliza, which managed to shoot that thing with her pistol when the thing was in the mid-air. The thing landed on Eliza and it pinned her down, making her screaming out of pain. Ilie abandoned his task and took that thing from Eliza, and he looked to her.

"Are you bitten?"

"No.. The arm... Hurts." says Eliza showing her arm in a improvised bandage.

"We will treat you to base! But now we gotta focus here!" says Ilie continuing to extract the gas left from the first car.

After almost two minutes, the car was on zero fuel, and the canister of fuel was just half filled. This made Ilie and the rest of group upset, so they are running to the other random car which works on Diesel. While they were running, they have the job to kill these creatures who are still following them.

Ana, staying in the pack of the back, manages to kill a zombie which was at three feet from her, then kill a zombie who was close to jump on the car next to Alina. That zombie fall on the car window-shield, but the thing was still saying those nasty noises. Alina put an end to this creature by smashing her revolver to the creature forehead, and the hit was so strong, it made the a big mark there and stopped the creature from moving.

Ilie has successfully arrived on the next car and there he proceed to take the gas like he did earlier. The girls continues to shoot the things who are coming after them. Eliza shoot three times one zombie with her pistol ut she didn't managed to bring him down cause she didn't hit the head. At the moment another zombie was jumping out of nowhere to Eliza, Claudia manages to shoot those two zombies with her MP5. She took a look at Eliza to say something, but she then noticed that a zombie was under the car where is Ilie taking the fuel. Claudia shoots the thing head before he was about to grab Ilie leg, and this made him pause and says with a smile on his face.

"Thank you, Claudia!"

"Don't mention it." responds back to Ilie.

But, at the unexpected moment, they did heard a scream coming at a close distance from them. Claudia, Ilie and the other survivors turned to the direction this scream came from and they see on the trailer of a truck, a zombie mutilated so much, that his skeleton is almost visible with pieces of human expired meat. The zombie had a loud scream which attracted a few zombies to him. And this gave this team a few minutes of peace to do their job.

Ilie tried to take the fuel from the car as fast as he can, while the females are doing a hard work to kill the infected who weren't going after the zombie who screamed on the top of a truck trailer. Claudia put a zombie down by trowing her empty magazine into the thing head (it was at a close distance from her) and she smashed the thing brain with the SMG.

A few moments later, Ilie finished with taking the gas from that car and he goes to the other car, next to the one. He checks if he has some fuel like he did to the other, and it checks the type of fuel it has. On the part where you have to insert fuel, it says "Motorina", and this made Ilie jumps on the other car. It was written the same thing like on the other. But before he could check a damaged bus, Alina yelled to him.

"This truck has diesel! And a lot of canisters inside!"

"Awesome!" yelled Ilie running with one canister to that one truck to take the fuel from there.

After he arrived there, he proceed to take out the fuel by using the same method as he did previously on those two cars. In just a few moments, the first canister is filled, and Alina goes on the inside of that truck and he passed to him an empty canister. Ilie is quickly opening the canister and refueling.

While the gang was working on the cars, the screams of that zombie has gone silenced. Ana saw that the zombies who got on that trailer were eating the screamer, well, what remained of him at this moment. Ana alerted the gang that the zombies are about to come back and attack them. Claudia has quickly changed the magazine of her SMG, Eliza proceed to shoot the zombies who were running at her, Alina starts to aim precisely with her revolver and kill one of those zombies even though she was staying close to Ilie.

The fight was a tough one for survivors. A few of those zombies managed to came closer to these survivors and close to eat them. Ilie has also put down to their misery a few of those zombies. But on this fight, someone has been taken to the side of those monstrous creatures, and that person was Eliza, who wasn't unable to evade from the six zombies who pinned her down and eat her alive. Claudia and Alina were trying to do something, but they couldn't do anything, only continue their mission and focus on killing zombies. These survivors also feed bad while the homeless woman was screaming because of the pain she endured from those bites and attacks of the undead people.

When the truck fuel was completely empty, Ilie grabbed two canisters, while Alina is grabbing only one, and all of those survivors are running to their military truck they spent the night there. Claudia remained behind, only to see Eliza getting up on her feet in that zombie state and shoot her head with the pistol Eliza dropped it. Then, she tells Eliza a simple "Sorry." and goes to the military truck where the other survivors are refueling the truck.

Alina is the only person to refuel the truck, while the other people are using their fire-weapons to kill the reaming zombies who are coming after them. Ana managed to put down to their misery one zombie, and she almost got attacked by a zombie, if Ilie sharp shooting wasn't there to save her life. Claudia is getting into the truck back seats, while the other are still killing the reaming zombies who are coming after which it isn't much, only ten of them are still on the highway.

When the final canister was used in the military truck. All of the people there are getting on the military truck and prepared for a the journey to the other team of survivors who are waiting them in a small village close from Sophia. Ilie it is on the driver seat, while Alina it is on the other seat in the front. Ilie turns the truck motor on and he step on the gas as hard as he can. The truck is leaving the area where it was put down, and it make his way on a few cars who are blocking a few parts of the highway. While the truck was going full speed to the village, a few of the remaining zombies stopped in the middle of the road and "looked" at the truck going ahead.

These people may not have the training of the man's and women's who joined military, but thanks to today world media, they were able to put down a big number of zombies by using weapons which are not even allowed in Romania, neither in Bulgaria. They may have lost one person in this battle, but her sacrifice will not be forgotten.

"I am sorry." says Claudia to other other girls there, in the back of the military truck. "It is my fault Eliza was eaten alive."

"It is not your fault." says Ana to Claudia trying to make her feel better. "The real man human responsible for this apocalypse it is the real one responsible for the death of Eliza and the other people."

"I hope that fucker is dead by now." says Claudia who starts shaking. "What monster would be able to do this? Make us fight against creatures who wanted to eat us? Why he wanted to do this?!"

Everyone from that side stay silent and try to forget the thing they did earlier in the highway. All the blood was shed there. And the undead who were killed there. The group didn't even count how many they killed in total, but they silently agree it is a lot. If those people were alive, this would most likely send them to prison and have PTSD. But on this world, this would only gave them PTSD.

1