From Cluj to Athene – Part 19
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The survivor group has managed to walk almost 100 meters on the big mess of this highway. While they were walking, they are using their weapons as a melee because they are running short in ammo, thanks to the stupid and psychopath military people who just killed a girl in front of them. Alin has an idea to use a knife, he attached to an assault rifle and will use it to stab zombie's head. An attack tactic very well-known in Japanese's Imperials Army.

"Gargh!" says Claudia who used a hammer she found in the truck to smash a car window, only to unlock the door of that car, then grab the medical kit from it. She inspects it while Alina and Ilie are coming closer to her.

"What you have found here?" asks Ilie holding his SMG.

"A medical kit." says Claudia passing the medical kit to Ilie. "This might be your domain."

"I am not an actual doctor, you know." says Ilie taking the medical kit, but before he could pass it to her again, she took the lead with Alina. He puts this med kit into his backpack and continue walking.

"Are you really not a doctor?" asks Klaus holding a handgun.

"No. I… uh... I was a Football player for CFR Cluj."

"Cool." says Klaus. "That was your dream?"

"More like my father dream. You know. He always wanted to see me a football player, even though I didn't like it. I was more attracted to medicine than football, or any type of sports. But my father, he really wished to see me becoming a footballer so I have decided to be one. It was tough, but I made it to a strong team. Then this apocalypse has happened... And you can figure it out... It has changed all of us."

"Was your father proud?" asks Klaus after he stomp the head of a corpse who didn't even showed movement, but he did that just in case.

"It was. He loved me only when I was kicking the ball, not when I did when in school... He wouldn't even be proud of me at this situation... I started to miss him, man."

"My family is probably gone, too." says Klaus to Ilie to make him feeling sad and thinking that is the only man here who is dealing with family loss. "Most of this group has his family gone, but we have each other back, and we are together, right? Without teamwork, we wouldn't even be able to enter Greece."

"You're right." says Ilie smiling to Klaus. "For a German guy, your Romanian sounds good."

"Thank you, my dear friend." he replies in Romanian language, like he was speaking the whole time this mess started.

Ilie sees a zombie coming under the door, at the feet of Klaus, he quickly took out his SMG and shot a few bullets into the thing head. This sudden action has almost damaged Klaus right leg, but it has also saved his life. One inch and he would've become a thing that eats only human meat.

All of the survivors are turning to Ilie, and they look at him. All of those faces are curious to know why did he shoot that SMG. Then, Alina came close to Ilie and she told him.

"Are you trying to alert the Military ? We have to run from this Hell!"

"I'm sorry." says Ilie. "But in my defence, a zombie was close to got Klaus leg."

"That is true." says Klaus feeling anxious about the fact he was close to become a monster who eats human meat. "And I am sorry for being this clueless."

"Don't worry about it." says Ana. "This can happen to everyone."

"Um, guys." says Anakin looking in the sky and points at a helicopter who is falling from the sky into a few hundred meters from their locations on a hill. "Looks like someone got trouble!"

"On the sky?!" asks Alina surprised. "Are zombies now able to fly?"

"If a zombie is able to do that, he should be called a zombie?" asks Anakin.

"If he is a he and not a she." says Laura to Anakin. "But yeah, we should be focusing on the run and not at the helicopter who is about to crash."

"Laura is right." says Claudia to the group who gathered in one place. "We should be focusing on the walk."

The group of survivors continued to walk to the highway crammed with broken vehicles where once we're used by humans to travel from big distances, or in case of rich folks who can afford any gas price, to go even with their cars only five meters to only buy one milk bottle or any cheap food from a local supermarket.

While they were walking, all of them were trying to ignore the helicopter who crashed into the hill, and when it did, a big "BOOM!" can be heard, and almost all of them have seen the helicopter being on fire, and screaming of the people from that helicopter who got crashed. A few of these survivors felt bad for these unlucky fighters, but they didn't stay much to mourn them because the explosion have been awakening a few zombies and "called" the zombies nearby.

Three zombies were walking on the highway, but they were quickly put down by Anakin, who used a sword he found in the attic of the house he checked in Bulgaria. He ditched his lightsaber sword, in order to gain a much more deadly weapon because he finally realized his "toy" it would be useless while he is fighting against zombies. He detached the heads of these zombies by only doing three swings with the sword. Almost everyone was impressed by the skill of Anakin.

"Great work." says Radu to Anakin.

"Good job, mate." says Ho Lee patting the back of the Anakin before he refilled an arrow to his bow. "Watch out.". He shots a zombie who was standing idle on the top of a bus in this crowd of cars, trucks and different type of vehicles. He saw the arrow hitting the head of that zombie, and looks at him, falling with his back on the top of bus with the face looking at the sun.

The team continues to walk and in a few minutes they were able to arrive at the intersection, and they took the one who leads to the city of Thessaloniki. But when they took the road by walking, they have seen there fewer cars for some reasons. There were many, but not as many as on the highway. And most of them were only small vehicles such as Dacia, Renault, Opel etc.

The team saw a few zombies eating from a corpse of human. Alina was thinking that they should avoid them, but Ho Lee and Klaus proceed to use their weapons to kill those things. Ho Lee shots two arrows from the bow, which hits only one zombie, but Klaus used his pistol to shoot those two zombies. The first one has fallen later down because of another arrow shot by Ho Lee. Then a few more zombies, who heard Klaus gun shot have started to raise up and walk to the zone where the noise was made.

"Well done, Klaus." says Laura sarcastically while she prepare her assault rifle.

"Shoot their heads! Only the heads!" says Alina to the group who proceed to prepare their weapons to fight.

Alin was the first person to use almost the entire clip to shoot four zombies. He used a pistol which has about 15 bullets magazine and a medium range. He did well for a man with a broken leg, and staying still by a help of a car door. Radu has stabbed the zombies who were coming close and weren't shot by the team. He successfully stabbed the heads of nine zombies without a sweat and break the head of a creature with his martial arts skill.

"Are you aright?" asks Laura who saw Radu punching zombie.

"Yes!" responds Radu taking his gun with the knife attached in front. "Be ready to shot or else they will be eating your ass!"

"Shut up." says Laura feeling a little triggered because Radu has spoken rude to her.

Anakin, Marcus and Alina have killed together about eleven zombies with their weapons. Ana has managed to kill two of those things by using almost the entire clip magazine from her pistol. Other teammates didn't do so well, such as Claudia who missed a bunch of zombies, and she was close to get a bite, if it wasn't Alina and Ana who were head-shooting all of the upcoming zombies, and Radu who was stabbing the zombies and kicking their faces out of their decomposed bodies. But the zombies continued to come because of the noise, so the team had the plan to run to any vehicle who can work and drive their way to the city port.

Anakin, Marcus and with Ana are getting in an Opel vehicle with broken windows and one small box with water and food. They did see there a zombie who was tied to the driver seat. They checked to see if they have fuel, and they do have enough to even get to Greece. Anakin put the zombie down by stabbing the forehead and dragging him from the driver seat and dropping on the concrete. Marcus is taking the driver seat while Ana and Anakin are going behind.

Alina, Laura, Claudia, Ilie and Klaus are taking a BMW who has five seats. When they check inside there was nobody there, and it has enough fuel to help them to go to the port. Alina is taking the driver seat, Klaus sits on the other front seat, while the other are staying behind. Alina sees the car can be turned on by a button so she pressed the button and car it is turning up. These cars also has a GPS, which it will be extremely helpful. Klaus put the destination to the nearest Port, and it did get them to route to the Port of Thessaloniki.

The rest of the survivors, Ho Lee, Radu and Alin, are taking a Dacia Logan who had two zombies tied by their seats. Ho Lee sued his arrows to stab the zombie's head and then, with the help of Radu, dragging them out from the cars. Ho Lee is going to drive this one, while Radu and Alin are taking the backseats.

"Is anyone ready?" asks Alina to her group.

"Yes!" replied most of the group from there.

"Let's go!"

Alina car is the first one to leave this highway, then comes the car driven by Ho Lee, and at the final, it comes Marcus's one. While they were driving from the street, they see a few zombies walking to their direction, but they were walking so slow that the survivors didn't even mind them. They weren't a threat to them at this moment because of the cars.

The port name it is Port of Thessaloniki, it is second-largest container port in Greece which it was acquired by a German consortium in 2018. This port it will probably be their key to escape this Hell from Eastern Europe.

1