From Cluj to Athene – Part 24
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the vehicle where Alina is driving, she tries to turn on the radio, but some frequencies appears, and it makes it worse, so she stops the radio. In the front seat next to her, it is Ana, probably the only person from this group who somehow understands her silent and leader trait.

"Are you alright?" asks Ana.

"Yeah... I am fine." she says while she was trying to hide her sad nature because Ilie has betrayed them. "I just cannot believe what Ilie has done. He just... Used us and Boom! He took a boat by himself."

"I think he will not regret this actions, and he will sooner or later be eaten by zombies." says Ana.

"Don't say that." responded Alina. "He might've betrayed us, but he was still helpful to us, and he even tried to help Alin as good as he can. And, poor Eliza. He was looking after her until she got... You know. Killed."

"... I think you might be right. Whatever his reason was to betray us, I hope it would've been a good one and not a crappy one."

"Girls." says who are on the back of the car together with Claudia, he is looking at the gas mark. "We should be refueling soon because there are about a hundred kilometers, and I am worried we are not going to have enough fuel to go to that Port."

"Easy to say than done." responds Ana to Marcus request. "How do you think we can found gas on a street which is almost blocked. Besides. It will be a risk with these creatures.". Ana shows one zombie who is looking on the sky, completely naked.

Alina was close to run that zombie over if she didn't took a slight right direction to a second band. The other cars are avoiding that zombie who was taking his eyes off the sky and tries to jump on those cars. Then, when the third and the last car passed him, the zombie was trying to walk at a slow peace to them, but he will not even be able to pass those cars.

"Check that out." says Claudia to Alina when she saw a gas station sign which indicates it is at about 3000 meters.

"And?" asks Ana. "Do you think we might need gas?"

"Marcus is an expert in cars." says Claudia. "So you should listen to his advice."

After Claudia said that, Marcus felt a bit emotional because no girl has ever told to his face about the "expert" thing. Not even his wife, children or his own parents who were always considering him a miserable kid who doesn't know how to work in a factory, but he knows how a car works.

"Fine." says Alina. "I guess we can try our luck."

"Alina?" asks Ana feeling startled by her action.

"But we just get the gas, and then we leave. Understand?"

"Of course." says Claudia.

"We already have enough supplies to make us go to that Port." says Marcus to her.

"Alight." says Alina. "But we have to see if the other members are going to stop at the gas station."

"Aren't you in the front?" asks Claudia. "They might be stopping where are you stopping."

"I hope so." says Alina who goes pass driving by another indicator who says the next gas station it is at about 2500 meters.

***

On the second car, where Laura, Radu and Alin are sitting, the atmosphere feels heavy and that it is because of Ilie's betrayal who made Radu unconscious and Alin feeling much more emotionally hurt than physically. Ilie was basically the survivor from their group who knew how medicine is working. And now, Alin it will have to take care by himself, but his brother might be able to save him from an infection, if he would be able to cut Alin leg when the bad time will come.

"Is your injury getting better?" asks Laura who is the person driving the car and following Alina car.

"Yes." says Alin to Laura question.

"Good." says Laura, then she asks Radu. "Are they still on the back?"

"Yes." says Radu looking back at the car who is following them.

"Great."

"Are you sure we will be safe where are we going?" asks Radu.

"We will see." responds his brother. "The only thing we needed now it is a place to stay safe until everything will be cleared."

"That's what we hope." says Radu.

***

On the third car, who is carrying the rest of the survivors, Ho Lee and Klaus, is on the behind of the second car. These survivors are feeling nervous cause of the betrayal it was happening and all the killings they have encountered from the attack of these undead creatures.

"Hey, Lee." says Klaus who is sitting on the front seat next to Lee, who's driving the car. "Are you going with us?"

"No." says Lee to Klaus. "I want to see if I will be able to arrive for my family in China. They might've found something who would helped them to be safe."

"I see..."

"You are going to them?"

"Yes. It is either them, or on the streets surrounded by the zombies."

"That's right."

They pass with their car on a zombie who is focusing on eating a human corpse. These two survivors weren't able to see if the corpse was human, or it was a zombie but got killed by either a bullet or stabbed in the head with something sharp like a knife or a screwdriver.

"Have you ever seen zombies eating each other?" asks Klaus.

"What?" asks Ho Lee who wasn't paying attention to Klaus.

"Have you ever seen zombies eating each other?" says Klaus again, but this time a little louder.

"Yes. And this is totally weird."

"What do you mean?"

"Think about it. If there are zombies who can eat zombies meat. How can nobody have come to the idea to use them at cleaning zombies?"

"Maybe you are right. But the question will remain. How we can see the difference between zombies and the ones who eat zombies."

"Probably by research?"

"Probably."

Klaus sees that the second car, together with the first car are entering a gas station. They talk a bit about this change of route and decided to head to that gas station. After all, they might be able to find something useful there like gas or better, a radio to help them communicate with the military.

1