Chapter 33
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The view from the telecom tower was alien. He could not hear any noise. He could not see any movements. There was a certain kind of stillness to the whole place. There was not a single change that he could notice since he sat here an hour ago. The desolation made the Mamun’s area seem wonderful to him. There were people there and the monsters were fightable. Even a normal human could kill them, not with the monsters here though.

A gust of wind hit him making the cloth flutter, blocking his vision. The wind was strong. It forced him to grab at the slit, stretching it to allow visibility. His vision was restored and his eyes happened to land somewhere. It was the only change in the otherwise still environment.

He slid down the ladder, kicking when just a few meters above the ground, redirecting his momentum, directing his body toward the commotion.

Someone was running but just before he arrived the monster had surrounded the man. The man pointed his weapon towards the monster, his arms shaking and jerking, constantly moving around, paranoid that he would be killed.

He saw the man and a fit of anger flooded his body, his swords flashed,

“Thank you! I will nev-”

Bisecting the monsters, they touched the neck from both sides, just like a scissor. He barely held back. His sword flashed, cutting off the arm that was going to pull the trigger. The man screamed but it did not matter to him. He dragged the man into a shop, pulled down the shutter, forced something inside his mouth, and then he started the interrogation.

He had been on the tower because he was searching for someone that would lead him and now he had gotten some good ones.

He started with a finger. His fingers wrapped around the finger and then pressed. At the start, nothing happened but soon the man was shouting, screaming. The man tried but pull the arm back but to no avail.

A combination of both spells and physical. The screams attracted the monsters and eventually, he decided to keep the shutter open. Each time he saw them gathering, it resulted in the monkey-like monster getting eliminated.

One by one, with a wave of unquenching anger he kept breathing the bones, starting from the fingers, then the arms, and then the rest of the body.

He felt a litter better by the end of it and he was more knowledgeable about the situation now. Finally, he knew where the base of these gangsters was as well as many other things. Though hidden behind the cloth, there was a grin upon his face and a madness shining upon his eyes. A small flam flickered above his palm.

“P..ple…le..go…”

“Pleas... for..giv”

“Enjoy.”

The flame flew, hovered about the man, exploded, and the red-colored sparks fell, all gravitating towards the man. A horrific scream came out and he watched it all happen, unblinking as the skin turned black, until the skin and the flesh fused, until the bones were visible, until the man was dead, body chared and face unrecognizable.

He turned, his face oddly calm as he faced the monsters that had surrounded him.

Suddenly the wind blew and they screamed, rushing toward him. All around him one flame after another flickered into existence, they flew, lining up. He waited, his swords at ready as the monster came closer but he waited still.

The monsters were just a few feet away. His blood boiled further and when they were swords length away, a shower of red descended and the monsters were set on fire. It took not long to obliterate them but the problem was the fire that was still spreading.

He sat down and a connection slowly set in place with the fire. It slowly spread through all the fire and he slowly started pulling them towards himself. With every passing second, it gathered above his palm, condensing into a ball of fire. The process consumed a lot of energy, much more than it had taken to use the spell but not it did not matter much. His reservoir was massive.

***

The monster surrounded him from all sides but he rushed toward his destination. He was jumping from above, one rooftop to another all while fighting the monsters. Up above the roof, he was at an advantage. 

They would have been exponentially more dangerous below in the street where the space was tight and there were many things for the climb upon. Here up on the roofs, it was different. The wide space gave him a lot of advantages.

His swords flashed and he cut his way through the encirclement.

He jumped down, a stretch of open ground appearing before him. Everywhere there were the signs of battle. The pools of dried blood, the rotting flesh, the broken cars. He rushed through the area, the monsters behind him only increasing in numbers.

They were unable to match his speed. It allowed him to take the quickly increasing group of monsters with him towards the destination. He maintained enough distance that the monsters would keep following while moving through the areas that he saw were filled with more of them. By the time he reached the destination, there was a sea following him.

The building was massive, looking more like a castle. Windows were boarded, and the walls were filled with holes and marks.  The doors were closed and there seemed to be little to no place for the light to go in.

He grinned as he looked behind, looked around marking the path he would take, and then accelerated.

Running from building to the building he jumped, landed on the roof of the mansion, and rushed towards the door a war hammer appearing in his hand. The door was torn open. He rushed in and before those present inside could even process what was happening he rushed through the corridor to the opposite side of the building and swung the hammer at the boarded window.

He jumped out, quickly escaping while offloading all the monsters back there.

He slowly came back but only after a while. Moving slowly through the houses. All of them were somehow empty but the was no sign of blood, no damage. The houses appeared to be completely fine.

‘Where is everyone?’

Gunshots again rang out in massive numbers and he quickly opened a hole. He laughed quietly as the monsters all rushed in. They truly were massive in numbers. Again the gunshots ran. The numbers truly were shocking to him.

‘Are they all mental allowing them so much leeway with weaponry?’

It did not help here. It was difficult to get rid of these monsters that way. The bullets were fatal but the area of damage was small. This did not do much to the monsters that seemed to have entered a frenzied state.

Bright light, a human-shaped fire rushed through the monster out on the roof and stood in front of the door, blocking the path. He watched with wonder as the human was covered in fire. It looked to be the same kind of skill that he had watched back then on the mobile. That woman had become a mud-shaped being.

The monsters were halted. But it was a losing game. The guns were too loud and in the silence that loomed all over the area, they were much too easy to pinpoint. Already he could see monsters rushing in from all the sides, joining the already massive numbers.

Each strike made the fire flutter, expand and then contract back. Each strike hit multiple monsters and within a few seconds, they disintegrated.

It was a losing battle. The monsters were endless and even he started feeling goosebumps as he saw the numbers that were showing no signs of stopping. From far above it had appeared like the whole place was devoid of them but now that the gunshots had echoed they all came rushing in.

There were more and more monsters but the little path for them to enter. Suddenly they started attacking the boarded windows. At once, they jumped from the buildings and with full force attacked. Their clawed fists cut in and the more came. Before they could truly make their way inside multiple shots rang out.

‘Shotguns?’

The groups that were jumping towards the windows were all thrown back but it caused the wood to be torn apart. The scene is repeated a few times as the monsters seem to have no thought of stopping. By the fifth time, he heard the shots the monster rushed in.

At first, it was one, as he saw from his location. It was quickly killed but then more and more rushed in. the monsters lacked not the numbers and quickly they flooded in from all sides. It did not matter whether the windows were on the ground or the upper floors, all became a way for them to invade the mansion.

The clouds gathered above taking on an increasingly darker color as time passed. The winds too started blowing but all this mattered not to the fight that was taking place.

Shouts, both of humans and their weapons. They kept repeating, slowly decreasing with time.

A light pierced through the darkness grabbing his attention. The fires covering the person had seemingly loosened. Before they were attached to the figure not able to escape the shape that it was forced to comply with. Now though, it was much more difficult to say it appeared like a human. Whatever the case, the result shows as each swing caused the fire to rush through the gaps, burning them all. Each swing made groups of monsters evaporate into the red.

‘Beautiful’ 

It looked like the thing was going to turn for the better but then a wind blew, swaying the fire with it and then a screech rang out. It was rougher than any other monster, his head snapped towards it. A grin.

Big height, long limbs. It looked as alien and disturbing as the three other bosses he had seen and it rushed straight towards the ground. His head turned and sounds came. Something crashed through the walls. 

Screams. And then quiet.

He saw it pass through a broken window. Wherever it passed the screams ended, the monsters following it as it broke through. From the ground floor to first, then second, and then it rushed through the stairs and while the fires weres starting to dim, it attacked, uncaring of the fire burning it, its claws penetrated the fire and for the first time, he heard the scream. The fire became orange for an instant but it did nothing as the other claw stabbed where the neck should be. The flames futtered, on the verge of extinguishing.

***

He was looking around, taking in what was happening but feeling not the slightest fulfillment.

He did not feel pain, nor did he feel sad. They were criminals, ones that had enough power and connections that they could not be brought to law. He felt good if he really dug deep, finally, they were getting what they all deserved. Despite that, he could not feel the slightest fulfillment within himself. He wondered why.

A thought came into his mind. Maybe it was because he had suffered years knowing he had been wronged but they did not even know what he had accomplished against them. As he was wondering, considering if he should jump into the chaos and get his hands dirty, the decision was made for him.

Suddenly everything seemed to have become even brighter.

The fire person was flying towards his window. His eyes widened while his arms and legs threw his body backward. He kicked the floor, changed his direction, and flew out of the room. Standing outside, he stopped his breaths, the swords out.

Just a few seconds after the temperature rose and with the breaking of glass something rolled on the ground. Immediately afterward another thud occurred. Something kicked and then the fire person was thrown outside.

He stood frozen. Ready. He waited, eye unblinking and he stood still.

The massive monster bent its body, its height too much to cross the door. Its face came out. Its eyes moved, scanning, instantly freezing out him. Both struck at the same time. A barrier appeared.

0