The Thirteenth – Chapter 13 – I Do Believe He Said Luciferian
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dr. Dave turned back to Fingers and began to start talking about how he had ended up being here. I was close enough to hear it clearly enough.

“It was quite fortunate, you know,” he said to Fingers, practically flailing his hands about like a madman at a file cabinet.” We were both at the city function at the AGW last night, and we were talking about how occult crime was on the rise in your city. I told her, I was more than happy to help out. And much to my surprise I get a call at seven this morning – that what looked like an occult homicide had occurred just hours ago.”

“It’s not quite a homicide yet,’ Fingers was telling him “At the moment it’s only a suspicious death and possible suicide.”

“I’d say,” Dr. Dave offered in a knowing tone I remembered from his show. In fact, while I watched he was looking around at the working police, as though he was still performing for the screen, mugging for the non-existent audience.

“This is an exact example of a personal sacrifice to the lord of light, I mean look over at the sofa there, the spiked circle with the Basilic script. That is pure Luciferian.”

He seemed quite excited really. So much so that Fingers had to stop him.

“Before you touch that, you should remember that this is a potential crime scene.”

“Oh yes, of course,” Dr. Dave replied and retracted his finger. Then he looked around the room. “Where is that property manager I was told I could talk to?”

I froze. Fingers turned, spotted me, pointed.

“Over there,’ he told MacIntyre, nodded his head in my direction. Dr. Dave turned again to meet my reluctant gaze.

“Mr. Smith,” he said.

I nodded.

“Well, man.” He waved a hand at me in invitation. “Don’t just stand there, come over here and join us.

I sighed. Hopefully whatever was going to happen would be over quickly and painlessly.

Fingers started the introductions.

“Johnny he began, this is Dr. Dave MacIntyre is coming to help us out here.”

Fingers did not sound as though he was happy about the situation. I wasn’t sympathetic with his plight.

“A just the man I wanted to see,” Dr. Dave held out his hand for me to shake. “Property manager, John Smith, I’ve been told you inspected the premises, what, a month ago.”

I nodded, and a little reluctantly accepted MacIntyre preferred hand, and found it was cold and clammy. About what I'd expected.

“Not exactly,” I told him. “But I did get a chance to look around.”

“Quite a bit different from the last time you were here then?”

It took a moment for me to register that question.

“Yeah, for one thing, it was before the tenant decided to do some unauthorized redecorating.

I turned to Fingers,

“I do know who he is, if that makes you happy,” I told the detective. Look back at the good Doctor, or the evil Doctor it really depends on your point of you and choice of religion.

“Helping out the police now,” I ask them, trying to press a little inappropriate familiarity, that was mostly because I was a little annoyed at the whole situation and little appalled that a TV hack like him now pass as an expert in the occult. Had been basically the Dr. Oz of Satanism. Hopefully  he’d get upset with my impertinence and tell me to get lost.

I wish.

“Well Mr. Smith, I do like to go where help is needed. And I happen to be in town, This whole situation is a quite extraordinary case of serendipity. It does happen from time to time. Quite amazing really, how the fates draw our threads together.”

He turned to take in the room again, looking at an audience only he could see perhaps? I’m pretty sure the detective groaned.

I turned to Fingers, “How exactly did he get in to your Rolodex.”

Fingers gave me a pained look, nodded his head towards Doctor Dave.

“Apparently the Captain is a big fan of his, and she’s rather concerned at how the force is dealing with occult crime. Thought it would be good to get an expert opinion.”

“Was she drinking a lot at that function last night?”

Fingers shrugged, but I was sure he got the message.

“Of course,” Dr. Dave was suddenly engaged with the two of us, he gestured at Fingers, “he said it's only a little about you. Other than you, apparently, had been in the apartment only last month. I suspect it may be invaluable in determining if there is something that has changed in the meantime.”

I glared at Fingers then back at Dr. Dave..

“It not at all what you thinking,” I told him hastily. “I hope he hasn't told you I'm an ax murderer, or the head of coven local 647 witches union. There’s nothing more to it. I’m the property manager. I filled in for my super that week to talk about replacing the plumbing. He was complaining about banging in the pipes.” 

Doctor Dave cocked his head.

“So Doctor, did you bring your Ouija board to tell us if the ghost of the departed is still hanging around,” I added

He laughed at that, but I have to say that Fingers didn't look like he found the suggestion very funny.

“Not at all,” Dr. Dave replied after he finished chortling at my little joke. “I suspect the man’s spirit is far, far from here. But I will be talking with the coroner at the morgue later this afternoon regarding his body. It is possible that he might just sit up and be available for an interview.”

It was my turn to groan.

0