Chapter 8
18 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The more he thought about it, the more complex the situation became. No amount of rationalization could explain the phenomenon that transmitted into his email. “This is impossible,” he said out loud as he leaned against the window of his room. “I had that dream last night but haven't told anyone. Nobody could possibly known about it. Have I finally gone crazy?”

The sheet of paper that had the email printed on it rested on his desk where he kept looking at it with a skeptical eye. “If I go to sleep, and should the email just disappear, will that sheet of paper go along with it?” He approached the desk and snatched the paper, holding it tightly, adding more creases. “This isn't real. This can't be real.”

As if his energy had finally been drained, he took a few steps back and fell on his bed. “The dream... the girl... my entire life... my desires... and now... I don't know what to make of this. When did it happen? High school perhaps? I don't think I've been obsessed with the dream before. There was a time when it didn't bother me, but now it haunts me. It torments me. It ridicules me. But why? Why now?”

His confused thoughts ran wild in his head but dispersed when he heard the front door open.

Johan, I'm home,” he heard Wendy through the bedroom door. “Shame you couldn't join us, we had so much fun. You should definitely come with us next time. I got you some leftovers from the restaurant. I'm sure you'll love it.” The last sound was the door to their room closing, marking the return of silence.

Edwin...” Johan said quietly. “No, Wendy. And what of their friends, Francesca and Hera... No, what am I thinking. I should be making friends with them. Whatever opinions I have do not matter. But still... what is my problem?” He sighed. “I know, I know, but... I can't be jealous. I just can't. Let them be together. Let everyone find their soul mate. I'm fine being alone. Absolutely fine. I don't need anyone, I really don't. There is no soul mate for me. I can't possibly have one. I just can't.”

A sharp sensation was felt on his hand. The sheet of paper was now a crumpled ball. He unwrapped it to read the illusion that refused to disappear.

Reincarnation...” he slowly told himself as he closed his eyes.

He could see a field of daisies as vast as the horizon. He could smell the fragrance of the flora that enveloped the world around him. He could hear a sweet tune coming from a flute not too far from where he was. He could feel her soft and gentle hand grasping his. She tugged him downward toward her level and he got a taste of that which he could only imagine.

Like a bolt of lightning, he quickly got up to his feet. An essence was around him, one of strength yet softness, of boldness and reason, of warmth and comfort. A tear from each eye rolled down his cheeks as he covered his mouth.

He dropped the paper onto the ground, headed straight towards his computer, and goes to Gmail where he begins writing his response.

I'm going to be honest, I feel like this is all a trick being played on me. But I had that dream today and did not tell anyone. This is so strange, but I want to learn more.

-Johan

The email was sent and resumed pacing around the room. 'Am I really having this conversation? About how I happened to share the same dream with a stranger? Is this normal?'

A response appeared just as he finished that thought and he could not have clicked it fast enough.

Can we chat? I would like to chat with you on Google if you don't mind.

-Lucy

He responded with “sure” and headed straight to the chat window. He invited Lucy and in seconds, the word “Hi” popped up.

Johan: Lucy, is that you?

Lucy: Yeah. Hi, Johan.

Johan: Am I really chatting with the one who had the same dream as I did?

Lucy: I guess, lol.

Johan: But I'm still not convinced. This is too real to be true. Can you tell me more about the dream you had?

Lucy: Sure. I remember that the girl and the guy were dancing and singing in a field and he confessed his love for her. She said that she had to marry some disgusting fat guy and ran off crying. But before she was sent to marry her, he rescued her but was attacked by the fat guy's men. He tried to stop them and was going to be shot with an arrow but she pushed him out of the way and got struck in the heart. He cried for her and she said she would meet in the after life, and that's when I woke up.

Johan: This is crazy! That's exactly how it went, except it was from the perspective of the guy. When she ran off, he returned back home. He was lamenting how he had lost the love of his life but overheard some of his friends talking about the wedding, how Erick was selfish for having so many wives, and how there were no more heroes to put a stop to him. That gave him the courage to rescue her.

Lucy: I didn't knew about that. That's amazing. I can't believe you know the other side of the story.

Johan: But this is so weird. I can't really figure out how this is possible.

Lucy: I don't know either. All I know is that I've been having these dreams for as along as I can remember and wanted to know what they mean. Do you think we share other dreams?

Johan: Maybe. Have you ever had a dream where the girl was in a jungle and a poacherd tried to kidnap her?

Lucy: I don't know what a poacher is but I do remember a jungle and the girl was being taken away by hunters.

Johan: Yes, that's it. Do you remember what happened next?

Lucy: Yeah. There was this guy who swung down and beat up the hunters.

Johan: Exactly, and the girl started biting them.

Lucy: Yeah, I remember that, lol.

The night continued on with Johan and Lucy behind their computer screens, chatting with each other, with no short of amazing revelations coming to prominence for the first time since they've had them.

Oh my gosh,” Lucy typed. “It's already four in the morning. I got to get up for school tomorrow.”

You're right,” typed Johan. “I also have classes to attend to.”

Let's continue this later, okay?”

Sure thing. Have a good night.”

Shutting down his laptop, he reclined on his chair and sighed. His eyes were drowsy but he had a smile on his face. A warms feeling enveloped all over him. But soon that feeling faded, the smile subsided, and a question arose. “What just happened?”

2