Chapter 70
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“This is becoming our spot," Lucy said.

"It's all a coincidence, really," Johan responded. "It's right in front of the train after all. It's quite a convenient spot for anyone."

“But we're not taking the train. This is just a random spot we chose.”

“I guess you're right,” Johan chuckled.

"How about we meet somewhere else, next time?"

"Sure. I'm all up for a change of pace."

She smiled as she got off her seat and with a bit of excitement, both headed toward the small park.

The sun was out, shining brightly, the puddles on the pavement now becoming damp spots. It was a beautiful day for a stroll but the situation did call for exploration as a more important matter was at hand.

"So, you're living with your dad now?" Johan asked.

"I moved in with him, only to find out he has to move out. He quit the company and his parents are suing him over it. He wants to get a good lawyer which will cost him a lot of money. We're looking to move to a smaller place."

"But have things improved between you two?"

"Yeah. He's trying. He's really trying. I sometimes feel like I'm the parent with the way he acts. I mean, he used to hire someone to cook his meals and clean his house. He has no idea how to take care of himself. He was acting so silly when I was teaching him." She chuckled a bit. "I guess he really did dedicate his life to his job. He's so... robotic in a way. It's like he can't do anything unless it involves work. I'm sure he'll get a good job but it's going to take some time to teach him how to be... uh... normal?"

"I still can't believe parents like this exist."

"If there's anything I learned about this is that we all have our own problems. My dad will talk about everything. All I know is that I'm loved now, and it's all thanks to you."

"Me? I haven't done anything."

"You have no idea how much you've helped me."

"I didn't do anything. I made everything worse. I gave you terrible advice and... almost lost you."

Lucy got in front of Johan and with a smile, "Tell me, why were you in the beach on that stormy night?"

"Because Margaret wanted to go."

"But you didn't want to go, did you?"

"No. I didn't."

"Why not?"

"Because it reminded me of the past. It reminded me of the good times that were gone. It reminded me of the last time I had friends. It reminded me... of you."

"And you went anyway, didn't you? Because you knew the train station was there, and you knew I was riding the train. So you planned it all out, when the train came by and came to a stop, at the exact spot I was in, you started screaming for me. Johan, don't be so modest. Just say you planned it all out."

"But I didn't. In fact, I couldn't. I ignored your plea. I was completely remorseful when-"

Lucy grabbed Johan's collar and pulled him down gently, placing her finger on his lips, "It's okay to be modest every now and again. You think too much, Johan. Just confess. You had it all planned out. You knew what train I was in and what stop I was going to be in. You even knew how fast to run so that the door would close before you got close." She let go to allow Johan to straighten up. Lucy put her hands on her hips and raises her eyebrows as she waited for her answer.

With uncertainty in his voice Johan answered, "Yeah. I planned it all out."

Lucy shoved him gently. "Stop lying. You're not that smart."

"But you said that...."

Lucy started laughing so much that she had to lean against him. "You're so silly, Johan. You're no different than my dad. Maybe he's right. Maybe I am more mature than everyone around me."

"Yeah, maybe you're right. We're all a bunch of softies in the end."

Both had a good laugh at each other and after calming down, they continued their walk.

"I kind of left you hanging when my dad came,” Lucy said. “I'm sorry about that."

"It's fine. You needed to talk to your dad, after all. I had things to consider myself. Though I must confess I haven't actually done anything. I still need to reconcile with Wendy and Margaret to some extent. I talked to her a bit and apologized for making her take an Uber. We were on a date after all, which still feels weird to say."

"A date, huh? "

"I said I was sorry."

"I'm just teasing you. I get it. Margaret and Wendy sound nice. I would like to meet your friends."

"Friends? I haven't been a good friend in years."

"Would you like me to be with you when you talk to them? Kind of give you support."

"No. I need to do this myself. I got to make amends with Wendy and Margaret. I swore to them I was moving on with my life, but looks like I can't do that without facing my insecurities. Besides, they'll find it weird I made friends with a middle-schooler. That's just how it is, I guess.”

"That's kind of rude. I take back my comment. I don't think you should be friends with them.” Lucy chuckled.

"Yeah, I get it, but it's not like they're rude or mean. It's just that-"

"Johan, I'm kidding. Really, you need to lighten up."

"I know. I got a lot to make it up to them. I want to go back to being the guy I was in high school. I want to have a lot of friends. I don't want to be lonely anymore."

"That's great. I'll try to make friends myself too. I won't be going anywhere anymore, so I won't be afraid to lose anyone else."

"Then I guess times are going to be tough for the both of us, but I'm sure we'll make it."

"But what about us?"

"Us?"

"Yeah. You and me. What about us?"

Johan paused and scratched his face a bit, "Yeah. Us."

"Do you still believe in the dreams?"

"Now that I'm more rational in thought, I really don't know what to make of the dream. I mean, I've investigated the dream before and nothing turned up. I really don't... I'm doing it again, just ranting on."

"Tell me, what do you think about the dreams? Do you still think you're reincarnated?"

"I really don't know. Perhaps I am his reincarnation, or perhaps it's all a coincidence. Do you believe you are the reincarnation of the girl in the dream?"

"Hmm. Maybe. I mean, we have the same dream. And I feel the same emotions she goes through. And perhaps... the same emotions you are going through."

"Really? Well, whether or not the dream means anything, all I'm going to say is that I am Johan, college student, living in the 21st century... who is in love with middle-school student Lucy."

Lucy covered her mouth as she turned around all giddy. "Well, actually, do you remember... you know... at the train station in that strange city... under the rain... and... when we met up... after you said you loved me...? Remember what happened next?"

Johan thought for a moment before answering, "Yeah, I remember vividly. You had a gyro, didn't you?"

"Huh?"

"Alfio."

"Alfio?"

"You had a gyro from Alfio, the little greek restaurant not too far from the train station. You bought a gyro before you got on the train, right? That was pretty good. I feel like a gyro right now, don't you think."

Lucy thought about it for a bit before she shoved Johan, "That's what you remember from that?"

"What else is there to remember other than the delicious gyros from Alfio's? In fact, it's not too far from here. Let's go get one."

Lucy playfully slapped Johan who was laughing. "Okay, but you're paying. After all, that was just a free sample." She proceeded to make kissing gestures in a mocking manner which made Johan laugh even harder.

She got close to him, wrapped her arms around him by the side, and he pulled her closer into his as they continue their walk in the park.

0