Chapter 72
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The pain was nothing more than a slight sting but to Jenny, it felt like her arms were begging for mercy as she dropped the scrubber. “Oh, I've had enough! I don't want to do this anymore.”

At this time, Lucy appeared before her with a lawn mower. “Okay, the lawn is done.”

“Wow, you did that fast.”

“I guess I had fun mowing the lawn.”

“You did? I can't stand that stupid machine. But whatever, let's go have some fun.”

“But you still got to scrub the fence.”

“This is stupid. I don't know why Mom wants me to scrub the fence when nobody else does it. She's just being mean.“

“That's right,” Mitsy said who appeared before them. “I'm being mean just like how you were mean to that Jonah boy.”

“I told you, we broke up.”

“No, you broke up with him because you were being selfish. If that boy didn't want to let his friends know about your relationship, you should have respected that. You just wanted the attention. You took the advice of TikTok influencers too far after I told you not to listen to them. That's bad advice.”

“But Mom, it doesn't matter. Jonah was a jerk anyway.”

“Don't bad mouth him. We both know it's your fault, and I'm sure Lucy understands it as well."

"I do?" Lucy asked.

Jenny continued, “I don't get it. You said I can fool around with boys.”

“Fooling around is one thing, having a boyfriend is another. If you want to fool around, you can't have a boyfriend. If you want a boyfriend, you can't fool around.“

“You're just confusing me now.”

“You will someday. So if you want to go back to fooling around, then get all your chores done, otherwise you're not going anywhere.” Mitsy turned to Lucy. “That's enough charity from you, Lucy. Now leave Jenny to her chores and come inside.”

Lucy turned to Jenny. “Sorry Jenny but at least I mowed the lawn.”

Jenny just scowled before returning to scrubbing the fence which Lucy took as a sign to go back inside.

“Thanks for helping my daughter,” said Mitsy, “But this is a punishment. You should have only done half of the lawn.”

“I actually enjoyed it. I never mowed a lawn before but I had fun.”

“Then you should come more often then. That machine is too much for me.”

“Alright, no problem. But I don't understand why Jenny is being punished. I thought you gave her the freedom to date boys.”

“Yes. She can do whatever she wants with whatever boy she wants. She can fool around as much as she wants. Fool around that is.”

“I don't understand.”

“If she wants to fool around with all the boys at school, I don't care as long as they wear protection. She's a teenager after all, so it's going to happen. But having a boyfriend, that's a different matter. Turns out my Jenny was seeing other boys.”

“She cheated on Jonah?”

“Pretty much. If you want to fool around with other boys, that's okay, but once you decide to be in a relationship, then that boy is the only boy you stay with. Even I know that cheating is a terrible thing.”

“I'm sorry, I didn't know that.”

“No need to apologize on her behalf. This is all a learning process. I'll be having many talks with her about this for sure. As much as I'm fine with her having fun with boys, she has to decide if she's going to get married or not. In fact, I rather she get married rather than live this lifestyle that I went through, but I can't force her to do anything she doesn't want. I'm going to have a lot to tell her now that she's growing up and finding interest in boys. I can't have her destroy her life as I did mine, I got to make sure she doesn't do the same mistakes I did.”

“I see. Well, I wish you luck with that. I guess she's not available to hang out with me today then. I'll be taking my leave.“

“You don't have to leave yet. Why don't you stay? Let's have a chat.”

“Chat? What could we possibly talk about?”

“Well, since the topic was brought up, how about your boyfriend?”

Lucy paused momentarily. She opened her mouth to reply but relented just as quickly. She sighed and followed Mitsy toward the kitchen.

"So, dating a college boy, huh?"

"We're not dating. At least not after that disaster."

"Disastrous date? Oh dear, what did you do?"

"I wish to forget that day."

"That bad, huh? Well, it was your first date. Maybe you should've tried this with one your age instead before moving on to an older boy."

"Are you really okay with me being in love with an older man?"

"Oh, in love. It gets even better. And he likes you back, right?"

"Yes, but is this okay? Because no matter how much I ask online, they keep telling me it's wrong. That he's taking advantage of me and that he's a creep. They don't even know him."

"Asking strangers online was your first mistake. They're so judgmental. That's why I keep telling Jenny to stay away from Twitter and Tiktok. It's a terrible place. The things she picked up from that site. I got some deprogramming to do with that girl."

"But why are you okay with this? I understand that was your life, but why are you so okay with being so open about being... promiscuous. I'm sorry, there's no other way I can say that."

"It's just who I am. I'm just a party girl who likes to have some fun, you know? I've seen it all and there's still much more to see. Nothing really shocks me anymore. Besides, my daughter deserves someone better. I don't mind being her mother but I know she would've been better off with someone else. Instead, she's stuck with me. I'm just doing the best I can with my own philosophies. As for you and Johan, he sounds like a good guy. I presume he's a gentleman. He is keeping his hands to himself, right? He's not touching you or anything?"

"No, I can assure you he's not."

"Then he's fine by my books. As long as he waits till you're good and ready, I find no problem."

"No offense but I'm having a bad feeling about this talk."

"Alright, settle down, Lucy. In that case, just tell what's going on inside you. You're a good girl. A bit nerdy but we could use more people like you. So stop asking strangers online and let me know what is going on."

Lucy took a moment to take a deep breath before continuing, “I need to decide what to do next. Should we be boyfriend and girlfriend, or remain friends? That's what I'm trying to figure out.”

"I had a feeling that was the case, so let's consider both possibilities then. What if you said, 'yes, I will be your wonderful girlfriend' and he takes you in his arms and whisks you away to a wonderful castle where you live happily ever after."

"I don't think that's going to happen."

"But doesn't it sound nice? I mean, I'm sure you've fantasized about something like that."

"I have, I'm embarrassed to admit."

"So what's keeping you from saying yes?"

"Because I'm just... scared, I guess."

"What's scaring you?"

"I guess it's the idea of actually being with an adult. It's not like I can just be his girlfriend, I don't even know what that means. And everybody else will look at us weirdly. I mean, I've noticed people would stare at us whenever we hung out. I don't want that to happen all the time."

"You're afraid of what others will think about you, huh? In that case, what about if you say no? What if you just want to stay friends? Nobody will look at you funny if you're just hanging out. Of course, there's no kissing allowed either. I bet that would be the worse of it."

"Oh... you know?"

With a surprised look on her face, Mitsy replied, “No, I didn't, that was just me teasing you.” Lucy was beyond embarrassed as she covered her red flushed face as Mitsy smiled. "Honey, don't be too embarrassed. I've been kissing men since I was 16."

"Yeah... thanks for the mental image."

"Moving on then, what is the scenario of you two just being friends?"

"Nothing much would change. We'd just do the same thing we've been doing."

"And is that so bad?"

"No. Nothing's wrong with that."

"So why not make that decision?"

"Because we still have feelings for each other. I don't know how he's feeling but I'm sure it's the same thing I'm going through. I really want to be his girlfriend, and I'm sure he wants to be my boyfriend too."

"Yup, sounds about right."

"You know what I'm talking about?"

"Nope. I just said it 'sounds' right. I wouldn't know, I just go out with any cute guy. Is he cute?"

"That's... well... that's subjective."

"Oh, that cute, huh?"

"Will you please stop it? This is going over the line."

"Alright then. In that case, I'm going to tell you what I think. I think you should just decide whatever is best for you."

"That's it?"

"That's it. Whatever you decide is the final decision."

"That's exactly the problem I am having. I don't know what to decide."

“You're misunderstanding me, Lucy. Whatever decision you make doesn't really matter in the end."

"What do you mean?"

"Honey, listen to me. Sometimes we spend so much time thinking about this or that when just making a choice is the best option. It doesn't matter what you choose, as long as you feel it's the right decision. The choices don't matter, it's what you, and only you, believe is the right choice."

"Only me? But Johan is also thinking about this."

"His decision doesn't matter. Whatever he decides is overwritten by yours."

"But that doesn't sound fair."

"Because it isn't. It's to your advantage. Now don't get me wrong, this Johan guy sounds like an upstanding guy, but at the same time, he is much older than you. Even if he is cute, we can't forget he's got more experience than you do. Speaking of which, do you have plans for the future?"

"Kind of. I want to graduate middle and high school, and go to college."

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"

"I want to be a therapist. I want to help people who are going through hard times, as I did."

"Then do just that. Go to college, learn therapy stuff, and get a career in that. Simple."

"Simple? Just like that?"

"Sure. Nothing to it."

"But I got to study hard for that. I mean, I still got to graduate middle school, let alone high school."

"Then do that. Study, graduate, and then go to college. Work hard, get good grades, then graduate. Do all that."

"Mitsy, I don't understand how any of this has to do with Johan."

"Johan is in college too, right? He's doing the same thing, getting his degree in whatever, right?"

"Yeah."

"Okay. Then he graduates, gets his career going, becomes a superstar in whatever."

"Yeah, but where are you going with this?"

"Whatever path you are going in, whatever future you can visualize, tell me, is Johan right there at the end?"

"Uh... I never thought about that, but I'd like to think that he is."

"Now tell me, how is this decision you are making right now going to keep you from reaching your goals? Your dreams? How is the decision you're making going to keep him, or you, from being together in the end?"

"I... don't know. I never considered the future."

"And that's your second mistake." Lucy was perplexed trying to decipher where Mitsy was going with all this as she continued, "You know, my parents were never in my life. Dad left us and mom went to jail when I was very young. Got sent to an orphanage and was raised there. But I wasn't the best at school either and had trouble learning stuff so I didn't graduate high school. I ran away when I was 16 and did what I had to in order to survive. I had pretty looks back then so I survived by being with random strange men, even got to stay in some places for a few weeks. Eventually, I worked my way to being a stripper and earned some good money, did some pornography, and got some fame during my youth. Oh, maybe you are uncomfortable with this part of the story."

"It's fine. I'm kind of familiar with this topic."

“In any case, I'll digress. I eventually got pregnant and had my Jenny. I figured I should quit that industry and live a 'normal' life. That didn't work out. I was still judged for my past. I had a job at a grocery store that hardly paid the bills, and I eventually got fired. I was desperate to make the rent but got too old to go back to the adult lifestyle. That's when I started a YouTube channel, talking about the adult industry. It got me an audience and I started making money. Then OnlyFans came and I did the same thing, just telling my stories. I made enough money to eventually retire.

"In the end, in trying to leave my old life, I had to come back to it. But the irony is that living a normal lifestyle secluded me from society due to my past, but it was that past that welcomed me back with open arms. That lifestyle that everyone shames me for is what saved my life and my daughter's, but it didn't have to be this way if only I had guidance in my early life. What I'm trying to tell you is that your life is dictated by what you do now. You have to think about your future right now when you still have a chance.”

After being in awe at the story, Lucy replied, "That's quite a story you told me."

"And I hope I made my point. Lucy, you are far more fortunate than I am. You have an opportunity to shine when I couldn't. This whole business with Johan is pointless when there's so much more to consider. It doesn't matter what you decide between the two of you. What matters is how it's going to affect your future, and only yours. Let Johan do whatever he's going to do, you have your life to live. Whatever you decide, it has to be to your benefit because you still have much to learn about life. Whether you settle down with him or wait, it can't interfere with your future."

"So are you saying I shouldn't be his girlfriend yet?"

"You can be his girlfriend if you want. Or you can remain friends. It doesn't matter as long as your goals, your ambitions, are not impeded."

"But what about Johan's decision?"

"Johan is an adult, or on his way to adulthood as I see it. He's already figured out what he's going to do, or at least he should at this point. He's been on his path longer than you have. You are no consequence to him whatever you decide. Your path is still being built. It's good that you have a road map, but you still got a long way to go. Do not decide based on the feelings of Johan, or your own feelings even. Consider the path you are taking, and how your decision will impact your life. Whatever you decided, it should have no bearings on your way to success."

"I'm sorry but I don't think this is helping me. I still can't comprehend what you are telling me."

"Then let me put it bluntly. If Johan could dictate your future, what would you want him to tell you?" Lucy sat straight up as if she was pulled upright. The question left an impression on her that she was speechless. "Don't think too hard, Lucy. Just rest on it, let the words simmer, and then later it'll make sense. But don't take my word for it. I'm just telling you my own philosophy. For all I know, maybe it won't actually help you but it's something to consider, I guess."

After the initial impact had faltered, leaving her more profound than when she came in, Lucy smiled. "Thank you, Mitsy."

"Any time. Well then, you can go home now, and hopefully, I gave you something to consider."

"Actually, about that story, you told me. I'm sorry but I got to confess something. My mother, well, she was just like you. She too was a party girl, always going out late at night. But she left me. I only have my dad, and he was also quite neglectful. Only now he's trying to make it up to me but I may never see my mother ever again."

Lucy turned to the side attempting to hide her tears. As she tried to control her sobbing, Mitsy wrapped her arms around from behind and patted Lucy's head. "I'm sorry dear. I'm glad your father is still in your life but looks like not every woman in our shoes can be like me."

Lucy sighed. "Thank you. I guess I just needed that. You resonated with me with your story. Jenny is lucky to have a mom like you."

Mitsy lets her go. "Thank you, dear. But don't worry, I'll be a good mom to you."

"Wait, what? My mom?"

"Yeah. From now on, I'll be your mom. You can be my honorary daughter."

"I... I don't think that's..."

"A bit embarrassed about me?"

"No. I don't judge people."

"Then come over here and be my kid."

"I still have my dad."

"Is that so? Your dad like older women?" Lucy was shocked at what Mitsy asked but after seeing her laugh, she eventually started laughing along. Mitsy patted her on the shoulder. "Lucy, nothing's going to stop you. Just keep your chin up and look towards the good in life. Put the past behind you and look forward to the future. You have a pure heart and we need more people like that. As long as you remain who you are, nothing is going to stop you."

0