Chapter one nya.
25 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"An angel… why are you here?"

I turned around and looked at the one who said that.

"My name is Atleus, Angel city's soldier. Nice to meet you."

I said while smiling. Angels are what my species is called, we are humans that have wings when we are born. Angels that lost their wings are called Fallen angels, and they are basically just normal humans… except they have the disadvantages of being an angel, and not have a single positive that an angel has.

"... Why are you smiling while looking at me? My prey…"

I felt an intimidating aura and instinctively drew my sword. This aura… I am fighting someone with a lot of experience… they are human… Unfortunately, some humans detested us for weird reasons as being superior to them, when in all honesty… we are physically weaker than them as the negative of being able to fly, and we can't also wear heavy armour as we won't be able to fly with weights like that. Lastly… our wings are sensitive to touch and pain… even though I don't really know why that is the case, it's more of the fact that hitting our wings is much more painful than hitting other parts of our body… so most of the time… they just really hated us cause we can fly.

There's also the fact that our wings are connected to our back, so we don't wear too much armour to our back…

"My wings are your target huh?"

I muttered while distancing myself. The one I am fighting looks like a human… but a certain feeling that they aren't human is something I'm feeling.

"... Silence? Where's your-"

An attack is coming and I tried to block it with msword… however… I got blown away by a punch that I blocked… Aggh!!

I coughed up some blood… aggh… my wings… I think something hit my wings…

"... Nggn…"

I tried to stand up using my sword as a support…

*Metal breaking sound.*

My sword broke… oh, I can't believe this… no… that's my sword…

"Kehehehehe…  your sword just broke and now you look dejected? Oh this is what I like to see, innocent angels making a face of despair…"

A face of despair… I am not making that face, I am a soldier… not an innocent kid you see in towns being terrified of a tragic event… and I guess I will die… I should be smiling at times like these…

-Hey… can you hear me?

… What's… that? Aggh… my wings…

–-I got absorbed into your wings… my name is Angel… let's say I am just a different species of angel than you are. Nevermind that, but you need to say the words I am gonna say next to live…

… Aggh… that's painful… my wings…

–???...????.????...??

What?... I can't understand…

"And… I guess I will end this now. It was nice looking at your face though…"

… Nggn… screw it…

"Wing mode…"

Light immediately covered me and a sword appeared in front of me. The one attacking me got pushed away… the sword appears to be a sword with eyes in the handle… Uggh… that doesn't matter… I stood up…

"Atleus… at your service."

I muttered to the sword and grabbed it's handle and immediately flapped my wings to fly quickly towards my target… the one who decided to kill me…

"Haaahh!!"

As I reached the man… the sword that I was handling with my hands pushed into the man's heart… and he died… but before he died, I noticed that he have wings behind them… and they disappeared soon after.

"... Uggh… my wings…"

Due to the immense pain… I immediately collapsed and soon fainted…

"Ah!! Oh no… I definitely fainted, right? Right?!'

Tch, I have to return to my post now, otherwise I will get punished… ah, quick I need to fly-...

My wings are badly damaged…

"... *Sigh*... Guess I can't really fly at the moment… at least my wings isn't destroyed, otherwise that would be another problem by itself."

… I looked at the sword in my hand… it's a sword that has an eye on the hilt of the sword… feels like it is something that I don't know yet.

–Hey, you woke up. Nice to meet ya! My name is Angel, and I'm…

"A story-driven angel sword… or in ancient terms… a biblically accurate angel that got turned into a sword for reasons not simply known at the current situation."

I said smartly while being smug… wait, I don't have to worry about this for now… I have to actually report what I've seen here… otherwise I will be considered dead and that will, maybe… make a person that I presume are my parents to have my grave… even though I don't have a body and they can't bury me…

I started to walk while having a conversation with Angel.

–So, how long is our journey gonna take before you can report, Atleus-chan.

"... I'm a them… no, call me a boy for now, you know. I am only 15 years old. And I guess… I have to thank you for helping me, Miss Angel."

–... I am also a boy.

Eh? Is that so?... Sorry for mistaking you for a girl then, it's just because your voice sounds like a girl for an odd reason.

"... Anyway, it will take at least 4 hours of walking till we get there. Thankfully after I am there, I should be able to get some medical help so that I can fly with my wings again…"

I said while trying to flap them… I can't.

–Sorry for injuring your wings…

A saddened voice is heard in my mind… wait now that I think about it…

"You're… living inside my wings right?"

–... Yes.

"Oh, that's fine, but… I want to ask a question… Why are you inside a wall?"

–my previous owner has their wings taken off and put into a wall for weird reasons… and they died after their wings were taken off and I guess I got stucked in the walls for a year or two.

"It definitely is more than a year or two… what year is it before you got stucked?"

–Oh, Atleus-chan… are you really that worried-

"Answer the question please."

–... Well, it was the year 2280.

Aha, got it… I guess it is only 5 years huh. This human vs Angels is already a war for 20 years by now. Many humans hate us now… but for some reason, Angels like me don't hate them as much, and that's because we kinda know that the reason this all happened is because of a fallen angel… that certain fallen angel's name is… Luciron, I think… and she wanted to kill the angels cause we angered her for not giving her medicine when she was with the royal knights or so the explanation to me said… royal knights are the highest knights of the angels… but, I don't think that's how it happened.

"... Hmm… say, what does it feel like if someone touches my wings? I remember them being cut or accidently damaged by tree wigs when some accidents happen… but I never have one touch it myself…"

I asked a pretty random question to Angel

–Oya?... Well… it will feel… very… Uh…

"Bad?"

–... Not really. More of good… well, you don't need to know. Only if you're 16, I will teach you.

Angel said while his voice sounded a bit… flustered… my birthday should be the 21st day of the 6th month… and it is currently the 5th day of the 6th month.

"16 days then. I hope you will teach me it…"

–That soon?!..Eh… ah… sure. Yeah, I can't back down from a promise after all, that would be disgraceful!

"... Hmm… but who will touch me? Maybe I can ask my mom… now that I think about… maybe after I returned to the city, I will just ask mom to do it this day inst-"

–Don't do that! I am warning you, I will do something about it on your birthday, for now, you just have to wait…

Thanks Angel… you really are helpful… I also owe you my life.

–No worries about that. Now why don't we just talk about some meaningless things?

… Changed the topic huh? Sure Angel, after all, you're really convenient.

But unfortunately Angel… I dislike waiting.

"... But I can't really fly… and since I did I owe you my life, I guess I let this one slide. Not the next one however… ahh… now I have to act innocent again when I return there. Quite annoying to act like that, but… I don't want people to think I'm heartless."

–... [Heartless?... What do you mean? You are caring to everyone, I can tell… cause if you aren't caring to them at all… you don't even have to act like that… but I guess I can't really stop you… Atleus… for someone your age, you're worrying too much about others, instead of taking care of yourself… you're…]

"Hey! I'm talking to you… are you hearing me? Angel? Angel?..."

… Are you… leaving? No… I don't want you to leave me…

–... Ah, sorry. I spaced out. Did I worry you?

"..."

{I thought you left me after I said that… but… I can't say that, it will be embarrassing to say something like that…}

(" { } Is Atleus thoughts. [ ] Is Angel thoughts.")

– [... Yep… he actually acted like that the moment I didn't talk for some seconds… are you really thinking that people are gonna leave you that easily just cause they know you're acting like that? No, rather they… no they will probably feel betrayed if that did happen. I see why you don't want to happen… you are too deep into the act… and that made you scared that if they knew the real you, they would leave you behind… as if you don't exist to them at all.]

After a while of walking, it's afternoon… at least a few more hours before it will be evening. I entered the city and immediately went towards the Knight's headquarters… the place where all knights live, since the one I have to report is a Knight, I naturally will have to go here…

"Hey… teacher Chronos… I'm sorry for being late."

I said with a saddened look on my face. Chronos looked at me, and smiled… they're probably happy that I am alive.

"No worries, Atleus. Now give me a report of what you have seen at the village…"

"..."

I didn't say anything for a couple of seconds while shaking a little bit…

"Atleus… I see, it must have been too late then… nod if what I am saying is true."

I hesitantly nodded while looking like I was about to cry.

"... Tch… I guess you did your mission. Go back to your home and have a rest."

Teacher Chronos said while his eyes are unexpectedly cold… as if they didn't believe that it was too late.

"... Yes… teacher Chronos…"

I quietly said while I left the Knight's headquarters.

"... Those eyes… are rather scary-..."

I felt someone…

–this one is quite powerful, even though they are hiding their power… you can still feel it.

"Be not afraid, soldier."

I heard someone behind me say and I shudder for a second before standing still… not turning my head to look at the person behind me…

"... Go to this room later."

They put paper into my pockets before suddenly vanishing…

–... That Girl… she is a high rank Knight… nevermind that, you should get your wings treated.

Ah, you're right. I forgotten about that, thanks for reminding me… I should get my money first for the treatment though, it should be just in my room… I don't want my family to worry about me so I should just… oh, too late.

"Big Brother! Why-"

… Should I escape?... No I couldn't do that, that would be considered rude and they might hate me for it…

"Yes?"

I smiled towards the boy who was calling me. His name is Senturion, my parents really sucked at making names… even my name is not good, nevermind that. His age is… 10 I think, and he is my little brother. His nickname is Senty.

"Your wings… I looked at them earlier…"

I should lessen his worries.

"Oh this? Don't worry Senty, it can easily be recovered like it's never like this. Now… why don't we start going home?"

… I can't really make you worried… but I probably made you more worried huh…

"... It's all, but a scratch."

I muttered just so that only my brother could hear… that should have made him less worried, I hope.

1