Chapter 10
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Anyway, forget about what happened earlier, Atleus… forget it…"

Stres said in a dominating way…

"... Yes nya."

–... [*Phew*... At least he is still innocent… I wonder how much trouble I will be in when he knew what the girl is talking about…]

"So uh… you knew how to use a bow right?"

She asked a question that I didn't think she would have asked…

"Yes nya. How did you know nya?"

I asked, trying to see why she is so enthusiastic about it.

"Well… it's in your way of looking. You accurately tell where the enemies are far away and accurately hit them, and cause your way of looking at someone's presence is similar to an archer."

–... What happened to your bow then? I would assume you would have it when you found me, otherwise, this wouldn't make sense.

… You know that I have a brother right?... Well… he broke it.

–Oof… unfortunate.

{Not gonna blame him though… I can't really remember him anymore now that I think he is dead anyway…}

"I guess that makes sense, nya. Now it's time for me to ask the question now nya. Mind telling me how you got here nya?"

I asked while looking at her with curious eyes.

"... When I was trying to kill someone… someone made me fall unconscious with a magic arrow… and I think that's you."

She said while looking at me with disdain… and then her expression change to the one of like for reasons unknown.

"Well… I would have despised it… but living here is better, I'm just a soldier, and you're a…"

She looked at my dark uniform…

"A student?"

"... I'm a scholar… nya."

I just said while immediately disappearing from her sight and hiding under the table as Beth looked at us.

"... Atleus is there right?"

Beth said while Stres shook…

"... No he isn't here…"

She just said to Beth.

"Well, unfortunate. I would have had intercourse with his first time if I not-"

I immediately changed to another hiding spot and she teleported under the table, but she then teleported… this time, I can't feel her presence.

"*Phew* nya… thanks for helping me nya."

I said my gratitude while looking at a blushing Stres… I wonder why she is blushing though?

"... Ah, heed it no mind… anyway, I'm gonna get back to my room… have fun…"

She then suddenly left the cafeteria…

–... Anyway, Stres is fine and you're fine. Let's go and sleep for the night?"

… Well, I guess why not? I kinda need to wake up at midnight later anyway.

–Great, make sure to lock your room and close every window, got it?

… Uh sure nya… I wonder why though?

–Don't ask the people who knew what would happen.

But isn't it because they knew that we would ask?

–Fair point… anyway, sleep…

Uh…… su…re……

I suddenly fainted.

–... Oh no… Suelta… Suelta!! Are you here?

… Here… Now, I don't really know what's happening, while Atleus on the other hand knows who I am so… tell me a quick reca-… no wait, I understand now.

–Protect this body please, I don't want my innocent master to be not innocent anymore…

Since I actually erased any memory of his when he knew about it, he actually doesn't know it… I'm a great person…

*Knock*

"Oh no nya…"

I tried to open the window, but it was locked and I can't open it… but it's locked magically, instead of it being locked physically… that means…

–You can't escape…

"That's right boy… you can't… he's not here."

Misdirection. Let's me cheat your presence detection plus vision cause you looked at the window for 0.4 seconds.

–... So you can actually do that better than Atleus?

Of course, it's my way to fake teleportation after all… definitely didn't take me 1 year to do…

–Have it rough, didn't you?... Let me guess, Atleus did it in 1 second after you learned it, right?

{Magic.} Yes… Well, technically he watched me for a year doing it, so maybe it also took him a year to learn it…

–That hypothesis of yours does sound plausible, now… 0.4 seconds has passed, now where do you hide?

To…… 

{... How did I faint with 100% concentration? Also thanks, Suelta.}

"... That nya…"

–?

I immediately entered a room that I have a certain feeling that no one is here yet, I quickly ducked and got under the bed that is in this room…

{If my guess is right, then this is Master Liza's room.}

Master then entered this room while… maybe I should have… uhh…

–... Just sleep.

Uh, okay…

"Mnn… good morning nya."

I said to myself while leaving under the bed… it's currently midnight right?

–counted it… yes.

"Great nya. For now, I should… forget this moaning noise I keep hearing nya."

I slowly left the room and just took 8 minutes to be on the roof…

"*Sigh*... My clothes are now wet…"

*Raining sounds.*

Hmm… I don't think it matters if it is wet anyway, this is just a scholar uniform that I stole from the old user of my room… and if I presume correctly, this also has teleporting magic in it…

–Can you set the coordinates to specifically be the continent you live in?

Can, but I can only actually stay there for 3 hours at most, I actually need… why would I need to… can I just fl-...

I then felt a barrier when I walked forward a bit, it hurt me a little.

"... Nya."

I said in response to the pain and just teleported back to my room, but what I saw was something horrible…

"Nha- eh?... Must be nothing…"

Misdirection… can help me escape from tragedies by acting like I disappeared into the surroundings.

–Successfully escaped.

"... Where do I go nya…"

Uh, right, the cafeteria… Maybe I can meet someone that can help me nya!

"..."

No that one wouldn't work… it's midnight, I don't think most… I'm just gonna follow Master and waste my day following her commands then… consider me someone who doesn't want to waste 8 hours… I should just swing a sword… nah, I should instead fix my rusty archery.

I summoned Cheating machinations and using the gears, made a bow before creating the string with concentration.

"Yep, it feels natural and heavy enough to my preference… and now nya…"

I pulled my fingers and immediately let go in 0.7 seconds.

"... I guess I can do this for nya…"

–28800 seconds.

"So… 28799 more to go nya."

I did it 28799 times and halfway through, the rain stopped although that really didn't stop me as I was too focused into pulling the string and releasing it that my concentration is already 10% at the moment.... My concentration usage is lowering when using cheating machinations half way too… so it means I'm flowing my concentration into it much more naturally than just brute forcing it… great.

Well even though technically, I should have just used a sword, but knights of the angel city, at least on my ci-

*Woosh*

I immediately turned around while making a magic arrow in 0.1 seconds… then I shot a person with my bow, of course they got hit by the arrow.

"Nice nya. Hit exactly where I wanted it to hit nya."

I said to compliment myself while looking at the person I made unconscious by hitting them at their toes… footsies.

–... That was a low right?

{A low plus if halfly charged would be an overhead but fully charged will make it unblockable and also having both low and overhead attributes… basically it's a cheat move.}

"Maybe, maybe not nya?"

I just said while walking towards the person I made unconscious. They're a man, they have cat ears hidden in his hat… *sigh*... I see.

"I guess we got another servant in this mansion, I guess nya."

I said while carrying the man in my back, they're probably 18 years old… not really that old, but they're taller than me, that's for sure.

"..."

I walked to Master's room while carrying this weight behind my back, they just smiled before making me leave the room, not even saying anything other than leave.

–Done with today's errand, for now. Hey, let's actually do something… wait, you can't actually move freely without permission, don't you?

{Good point. I am starting to realize maybe this was a bad idea, but… unfortunately, I can't just undo it normally.}

"... I don't want to be called a backstabber after all nya… just cause, I did it once, and regret is a bad thing nya."

I always regret anyway… but this time, I can't regret this one. Because the missing peace of this moment is currently being found by me, and once I did find that thing, this peace will change into a state of uncertainty.

–[And presumably, a high chance that someone I considered close will die, if they do die, then… I will be scared. I don't want it anymore, I don't want to lose friends… I don't understand that kind of thinking, but I can certainly say like I do understand it…] I see. Don't worry, it will be fine, if it's not fine, prepare for the situation to the point it will be fine, even if not.

{... Thanks. I don't… want to regret another thing… I just… I don't like regrets.}

"..."

I grabbed a contract in the air, and deactivated it. Why bother preparing it… my weapon is going to come to me anyway.

I summoned Angel and Cheating machinations. I disconnected the blade of Cheating machinations to the handle and using the handle, I connected it into the 12 gears, the bow version of Cheating machinations, the blade can be controlled by concentration.

Using the id and changing the coordinates, I returned to the roof with teleportation magic.

–Why bother, right? Cause at the end of this moment…

"It will only end in a predetermined event nya!!"

I immediately shot an arrow while doing a flip, before teleporting Angel to my hand and blocked an attack I just felt.

"An archer? I see…"

Nope. I'm a Knight. 

I dashed towards the one who said that and they used a sword that is similar in rank into a sword I hadn't used yet.

"Appear, one of my special swords nya!! Devil sword: Dark bringer!!... Nya."

I shouted while summoning the sword, before creating a dark wave just by swinging the sword and it didn't cost me anything. They blocked the attack, of course…q 

"A cat swordsman? Well, guess that-"

I immediately vanished from their vision using misdirection and while they didn't find me yet, I grabbed their sword, Devil sword: Devil bringer… I think?

–Yes, probably…

"Tch nya."

I did a side step to dodge an attack before making a wave aimed at him using Dark bringer.

{I can't steal it… Uggh… my concentration…}

I summoned Cheating machinations: bow version and aimed at him before shooting two arrows, I then let go of Cheating machinations, throwing it at their eyes to misdirect them.

"Your tricks won't work the second time!!"

He said while he grabbed me from behind, I however kicked them and tried to stab them with Dark bringer, fortunately, he evaded and I set this battle into a neutral state again.

"..."

Silently, we both slashed at the same time and I slashed with Dark bringer, creating a dark wave, but that was blocked by him before he closed in towards me and as he did that, I sweeped, but he evaded my sweep by back jumping.

Angel… What's my percentage?

–7%... 

{Good enough, using my left hand, I summoned Angel and used Wing mode.

"Atleus, at your service."

I said my line while immediately dashing towards them and grabbing them, they didn't react to my grab fast enough so I thrown them in the air, after that, I switched Angel to Cheating machinations and while holding the handle, I summoned the blade part and immediately switched it back into a sword, and using the 12 gears, I made it connect into my sword before making all of the gears spin and I slashed my sword towards the guy who almost reached the ground, I did 4 slashes before disconnecting the gears and using 12 separate gears, kept him in place while damaging him.

While he was stuck, I stabbed Cheating machinations into the roof before summoning Dark bringer, but the moment I had done so, he teleported away from my gears…

"Nggn… my body… you!!"

Shouting angrily, he dashed towards me while slashing his sword quickly, but… It wasn't quick enough as I had 25 seconds left into this mode.

I then parried his attack with Dark bringer and the dark wave hit them directly, using that as a combo starter, I did 6 slashes with the sword, keeping them in place as the dark wave does connect into my future attacks, making it so that they can't teleport out.

Using this very good chance, I stabbed him with Dark bringer and quickly pulled out Dark bringer before I grabbed him and kicking his head onto the ground, I kicked his head for 7 more times before kicking them upwards and slashed one last time with Dark bringer, killing him with the dark wave.

I lightly stabbed Dark bringer to the ground as I deactivated wing mode… I can't fly without wings currently due to the good collar anyway, I just used wing mode to use the 100% speed boost.

"Nggn… nya…"

I touched the deceased sword and put it in one of my rings before I fainted due to… concentration overuse…

–... As expected. Anyway, good job there. Using 3 swords in unison, and you used me… I wish I can help you more, but unfortunately, I'm not a Bringer. I'm just an Angel Sword, currently the weakest one.

0