Chapter 13
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Uggh nya…"

{Nggn, even waking up feels painful…}

–Good morning. Let's see, what happened earlier is basically… What's the magic spell again? Ah right, Real illusion.

Wait, what?

–I know, isn't it considered illegal now? Supposedly it was used to kill a great leader or specifically, it was used to push said great leader into suicide… not really a fun thing to happen. Don't worry though, at least you didn't die.

{... I could have died, maybe. The spell can be stopped by the user, but that doesn't really mean that it doesn't make the risk into zero, rather, it makes someone worry due to the fact that they can kill you on purpose…}

–Stop worrying, when I said it isn't a big deal, I meant it as do not bother to think about it. Cause you already knew the answer, you just want to find a different one.

{Guess so… but "my life" is a big deal isn't it? Wait… is it even a big deal? I'm just an artificial being who has four versions of itself, so at the end of it, I'm just a… useless be-}

–As I said, it's no big deal. Since it is an illusion that you threw the gun, it's still there.

"... Should take like 4 hours to finish the upgrade then, for now, I have to eat."

I put Angel on his ring and walked to the cafeteria to eat breakfast… or so what I wanted to do, but for some reason, there is a fight going on…

"As I said, if you want to prove you are stronger than me, let's duke it out on the ground-"

I accidentally stood on top of him in mistake.

–...

… It's… he sounded so arrogant, I couldn't help myself.

"Then nya, how about I prove that I'm stronger than you nya?"

I said to the Person below me, he looked at me with disinterest.

"... What nya? You think I'm not able to fight nya?"

I asked sarcastically while jumping away from him. I then casually talked to the person behind the counter and asked for a breakfast set like I didn't even do it.

–... I know, you're doing it in purpose… but I kinda feel like you're acting as arrogant as him.

Eh, must be. I mean, I'm pretty sure that acting like this makes someone arrogant.

"Here's the set, make sure to eat properly!"

I grabbed the set and sat on a random corner, fortunately, the one I was mocking earlier is there.

"... Your name?"

I asked casually while eating quickly.

"Oh, it's Reid, nice to-… hey!!"

"?"

I looked at him with a confused face.

"You!! You're the one who challenged me right!!"

So? I don't think it matters if that is important or not, is it?

"... We can do that later nya. For now, I need to eat nya. If I don't eat at this moment in time nya, you won't be able to face me fighting properly nya."

I said to him while still eating.

–... Awkward.

Doesn't matter, as long as you have enough confidence and enough persuasion to make someone believe what you're saying is true, then it might be true. And I still have the gun right?

–Technically yeah, but to shoot lasers with it, you have to use concentration. Uses 1% concentration, it's percentage base so that's why I am saying it's inefficient… and it's also cause the concentration to mana transfer loses more than 50% of the concentration given…

Make sense.

After I'm done eating, Reid stood up quickly and said "follow me", of course, I naturally did what he said, he might be arrogant, but he isn't really that bad of a person, overconfidence might be the right word for it.

–... You're not gonna bully him right?

Depends? I'm technically weaker than him anyway, that's why I'm gonna use the gun as my weapon…

We both entered a room that is called "Fighting room", supposedly… Many people here like to test their ability and fight, and that's why they have a big room that is just for fighting.

"Two weapons nya?"

I asked while looking around the place, I talked to the person behind the counter and pointed at a vacant room.

"... Let's go. Don't leave me alone now, or you will be called a coward by me."

Reid just said as he quickly walked into the room while grabbing two daggers. Most weapons here are called practice weapons. They have enchantments that make sure it doesn't do too much damage to the one you're fighting for safety reasons. I grabbed a gun and a Sword. They don't have wooden swords?

–It would break… y'know?

Guess so… but isn't there a myth that you can enchant "indestructible" to wooden objects?

–... Well you can, but it's actually hard to do so. To be honest, it's not even worth it to put on that enchantment, you can just fix the thing itself with just… enchantment "Auto fix", or magic spell "Reparation".

I understand. Unfortunately, I'm not really good at enchanting, but for some reason, I have the ability to understand what enchantments are on things…

–Its like having the understanding of things, but not really the way of how to do it?

… If you understand it, doesn't that mean you can actually do it?

–... I don't know, magic are always confusing anyway.

{Let's get going, me.}

I put my side back to a personal locker here that I can use and changed my scholar's uniform to normal clothes that I would usually use for normal occasions… basically an oversized t-shirt for my size and trousers.

–Well, don't ask where I got it from.

I entered the room that Reid entered in.

"Distance? Oh, just make sure to stand in that line as we start to fight, I count in one to three, and as it gets to three, we can now start fighting."

Reid said while standing on a black line almost to the middle of this big room… spatial magic…

–I wish we had those. That way you don't have to worry about your side bag only being able to carry 4 potions.

"... I should also wear this nya."

I quickly wore an oversized jacket with a hoodie to hide my overzised t-shirt.

–... Concentration really is great, isn't it? Let's you able to summon clothes using magic, although I did give you the ideas for these clothes…

{Doesn't matter. They seem comfortable to me.}

I stood on the other line.

"1…"

I tightened my grip into my sword, preparing to counterattack the first stab that I will take.

"2…"

Hmm, how do I use the gun?

–... Don't forget a holster.

I immediately made a holster in my hips and put the gun there, it was hidden by the oversized hoodie that I have that easily reaches my thighs.

"3!!"

Reid immediately dashed towards while doing a stabbing motion, expecting this I tried to counterattack his attack, but he did a side flip to dodge me doing a slash and is immediately behind me, I then rolled in front of me while grabbing the gun and turned around before shooting a laser with it, he then just move slightly to the left just to dodge it in a paper thin margin.

–80% concentration left.

"So, you aren't just arrogant after all, great… great!!!"

He said excitedly as he dashed towards me at an increased speed from before…

"Get out of my personal space nya!"

I shouted while doing a spin slash before throwing the gun into the air, I then ran towards Reid and did four slashes in quick succession, making both of our position at a certain spot as I feinted a slash, he tried to block, but I instead did a flip while grabbing the gun I just threw, while still spinning in the air, I shoot one laser towards him before reaching the ground and putting the gun back to it's holster.

"... Such great skills… Uhehehe…"

He suddenly teleported behind me and as I felt that, I did a spin slash, trying to stop him from behind, but I got fooled and he actually teleported on top of me… he then did a slash in which I was damaged a little and he then kicked me away, my back hit the wall, but since I don't have wings, I didn't get too much damage…

–Did he just change his teleportation coordinates in 0.2 seconds?

"What? Surprised?"

He asked while looking towards me in a mocking matter… it seems to be that his personality changes somewhat to becoming more rude when he fights someone.

"Nggn… Really got me off guard nya…"

I said in acknowledgement while I looked around… I think I can use the walls as an advantage… but the room is too big, I can only use the corners at best…

I stood up and did an overhead slash but it was countered by his skills and his daggers. Expecting that, I did a sweep in which he got caught by and as I got him on the plan, I quickly grabbed him on the ground and punched him to the wall, I then slashed 4 times before doing a rising slash, and at the end, I grabbed him at the air and kicked him to get away from him, and grabbed my gun, before shooting it at his head.

"Bang nya."

I said and missed… tch, he recovered too quickly.

"..."

Silently, I felt that he teleported behind me and following my instinct, I slashed and he was, unfortunately… was behind me. I got slashed behind me by his dagger, before he ended it off by slashing me at the neck…

"... Tch, I lost nya."

I knew I would at that point… but… still… I'm disappointed at myself.

"That was fun, Atleus right? Thanks for fighting me, even though I'm one rank above you, I still almost lost there."

Reid said while smiling…

–[... I know that you hate losing, but still, I never thought it would be this bad…]

"... Why do you look so frustrated? You didn't have fun?"

He asked while looking at me with a concerned look…

"I lost nya… I'm gonna take a walk nya…"

I left the room without saying anything else… I took a slow walk to the roof of the mansion.

{Tch… damn it… the chances of me losing is so high… why did I even…}

–... Be more rationalized now. Not everything goes to our wishes. And this time, we both knew that this happening is a 80% chance.

But still…

Someone is behind Me?

"... Die."

As soon as I heard that word, I immediately felt fear and summoned Cheating machinations and used the gears to protect me.

"... Get away nya… I'm not interested in fighting at the moment… annoying nya."

I said on an irritated tone as I immediately made the one who did try to kill me unconscious.

"*Sigh* nya… I hate losing nya…"

I mutter to myself and to Angel.

"Isn't that the same to me?"

Suddenly, I heard a familiar voice. It was Reid. I didn't acted surprised, but I definitely felt surprised by that.

"I mean, who doesn't hate losing?"

He said as if it was a natural thing.

"And even though you could have killed this person, you didn't… I mean, I do get that your weapon is the reason why you can fight the person, but that doesn't mean that you're not strong. Isn't it great that you can control your weapons so skillfully?"

He said to me while going to my side.

"Well, I guess so nya. But this weapons I have… if they are the source of my power, doesn't that mean that me alone is worthless nya?"

I said while sighing…

"Says the one who used a new weapon first try and still be able to use it well. I mean, you're a Swordsman and an archer, at least do the archer part correctly."

I then switched Cheating machinations to bow mode.

"This is my bow nya… anyway, want to fight for real this time nya?"

I asked while looking around the place, the one I made unconscious is nowhere to be found.

"... Hmm, later. After you are prepared to your liking. After all, I like to fight people that is betting their own on the fights."

Reid just said while turning around and waving, before he teleported.

–He's great at teleportation magic. Maybe you should ask Reid, your new friend to help you learn teleportation.

Friend?... I guess he is now one, I mean, if he isn't, then what is something I considered a friend?

I changed Cheating machinations into a sword before putting it in my ring…

"Guess I have to have fun now… nya!"

I said before walking quickly towards my room.

I knocked 3 times and since no one answered, it meant that no one was using my room. It's a low chance that someone was using it, but never a zero…

Uggh…

–... You're still sad about it huh?

I hate it! Losing is a pain!

–... I guess you became more calm now, thanks to Reid of course.

Guess so, but nevermind that… for now…

–Now, to make a gun better.

I teleported my side bag to my left hand using magic, teleportation… although it cost me 40% of my concentration…

{Let's see… 4 hours to fix it?... Nah, I should take 8 hours instead then.}

0