Chapter 45
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{That was over… now… ah…}

A pain assaulted my chest, which is technically fine, but it was as painful as like the last time someone almost killed me by stabbing my heart. Thankfully I healed myself before I died, but it was still painful.

"Nggn…"

My head started to also feel painful, as well as my entire body… Uggh… I feel like I'm dying…

"Well, enough power you gained. Consider 6 artifacts to the outside world and better wings as a bonus. I'll catch up to you later, bye."

I felt someone leaving my body and the pain vanished… oh, tests. At this point, I'm pretty sure that whatever I got from here… is a rank up for me being a knight isn't it? Supposedly, there's a test coming for each one, and only people who has those ranks actually finished it, the ones who failed?... Not known.

"... But still, I really should have asked for a door to show me out of here…"

There's a door behind me that appeared, but I ignored it as I closed my eyes, and opened them, finding that I was at a room I don't remember being there before…

"..."

No one is here, I was beside a window, the moon is faintly glowing, probably making me look like a girl probably as I am technically somehow, was wearing a girl's uniform for this school…

"Oh, you woke up. You been bedridden for 3 hours…"

That's not a lot of days, just hours, but sure?

–Hey… I hid some specific artifacts under the bed you're lying on, take them later, can you?

Hmm? Ah, sure. {... That one who entered myself was being real huh… an increase in concentration with about… 100% not certainly low, but at least it's enough for me.}

… After a while, I'm starting to think that there's something that's changing in me every time I rank up.

–... It's trust, I gotta say.

Probably.

"... Well, later."

I just opened the window beside me and jumped off as I grabbed 6 artifacts with me… those artifacts are?... The artifacts that Angel mode has, these 6 are replicas.

"Wait!"

I heard a noise, concerned, but I wasn't concerned as I used the artifacts to hover the ground and dropped down safely…

–... You're losing some concentration every time you use it. But it's not that big of a loss, probably as you're now technically a middle rank Knight.

Well… probably.

"So anyway… I found out that at the end of the day, I still need more concentration. Power, I guess, I need more power…"

I quickly replaced the clothes I'm wearing with a male uniform for the academy… *sigh*...

"... Hmm…"

I have some curiosity to settle. I hidden the 6 replica artifacts by using enchantments. Cost me some concentration, but that isn't that big of a deal.

–... Yeah, only 20% concentration is used. You have so much concentration now.

Well, years technically passed already.

–... ? Okay.

{... I'm not feeling regret however, why is that? I still know that Alter and Suelta are gone, but why is it that I'm not feeling regret?}

–Hey, Partner. Let's do something to sate curiosity.

{Hmm?} Hmm?

I entered my Angel mode.

–oh. yep. Really great.

Well… the wings are now… what? I can't see behind me, you know?

I tried to touch it, but all I felt was nothing… I really burn off my sensitivity sensors for my wings, didn't I?

–... I didn't know. Anyway, they're detached now… meaning, wings aren't a weak point anymore…

{High angel}... Race change.

I changed into an angel once more, but this time, my wings are connected to my back… two modes?... Oh, I see.

I returned back to being a cat and just stretched for a second.

"... Boring. I should ask Lea for-"

I felt a familiar presence and I, with no hesitation, immediately dashed towards the person I was familiar with.

"Oh, Hey, Atleus… I kinda had some problems that you can probably help me with."

Leon, somehow a bit dirty, asked me something as I felt many presences surrounding us.

"So just stop them?"

I asked, seriously not sure if I should kill them or not…

But since all Leon did is nod, I consider it enough, but not enough to not kill them.

–Just make them unconscious, we can kill them later, probably.

Ah, sure. {Violence is just a question with 5 choices that only says yes anyway.}

I summoned Cheating machinations, made it into a bow, made sure to make the bowstring made of mana, as always, made 5 magic arrows, and just quickly, aimed at the area, and just shot them all, controlling each arrow with precision not possible from a normal mage… as technically, I should be a great mage already?

–Your control in mana is quite good, even if you're not a great mage. But… no way you will rank to be a sorcerer.

{Hahahaha… who says that I can't?}

I hit 4 people, with the last one barely dodging my arrow as they reached us.

"So, Leon, why did you have problems with them… hmm… ah."

Wings, huh… but I don't think that's enough reasons though. There should be another one that caused this situation in the first place, and why is she here anyway, Lea?

*Tzzt, tzzt*

_Due to the fact that, well, you know, she's being chased, so I just teleported her close to you, what I didn't expected however is that they copied the coordinates and teleported there._

–Well, anyway, prepare yourself, as it be a-

I made the 6 replica artifacts appeared on my back, connected them with mana to me and quickly dashed at them, trying to hit them while making the how into a make ship stick that will hurt as the gears are spinning and they're spinning quickly.

"Full speed acceleration!"

Tier 5 no attribute spell?... That should have used a lot of concentration then huh.

I grabbed the blade of Cheating machinations and switched it into Angel, and blocked their quick dash attack, pushing me a little, but the artifacts soften the pushback I would have taken if I didn't use them.

"... Full speed-"

I summoned Cheating machinations again and just controlled one of the gears to hit them.

{Ah fine, you're gonna do your almost chantless spell, I'm gonna do it on my own too…}

–... Well inspirations does take place in battle huh?

No, not really. I'm just stealing formulas. Okay… focus me… by getting rid of this circle and replacing it with this circle, the wind magic spell "Hyper speed" will now change into a no attribute magic spell. By adding this circle and adding a wing symbol on both left and right, it would now become more efficient and more flashy, and by getting rid of a small magic circle below and replacing it with a wind magic spell "Speed up", I can now then add a no attribute magic circle over the small magic circle so that it will convert into a no attribute magic spell and then connect it like they're both a gear by adding a string of mana, and just like that, the constructional magic crest is complete.

–... This is more complex than Wing blade, what do you mean "And just like that", huh?

But, at least it's simple. It's also just a tier 4 original no attribute magic spell, so it isn't that great. I call it, Hyper speed up for now.

"Since you're so mighty with a tier 5 spell, let me show you a tier four spell that would shock your soul."

I said while pointing Angel at them.

"Now you got my curiosity, but I don't think you'll be fast enough to cast it."

They retorted as they also started to use the spell they're gonna use for the third time.

"Hyper acceleration."

"Full speed acceleration!"

I dashed at them with a speed similar to me when I'm flying quickly while being an Angel for 4 minutes or above, meaning… it's quite fast, and now… I hover lightly by using 2 replica artifacts, and hit them first with a horizontal slash to their chest, and I followed that up by quickly turning around using two of the replica artifacts and doing a spin slash. I then teleported so that I won't reach a tree or something that will hit me and probably hit me.

"See? You'll be surprised at how efficient it is, when you're not touching the ground, that is."

The way you would normally do the spell is by basically doing a short hop, advancing forward until you hit the ground and you're forced to teleport so that you won't have to deal with stopping aftermaths… by hovering however, you don't have to touch the ground at all, meaning you basically have the speed, without as much restrictions… well I guess you do have a restriction in which you have to control yourself and stop, and not hit something on the way.

"... I didn't think something could be so efficient."

Oh? You're living? Well… I didn't think I would actually not do enough damage… well, I guess that's the problem of the combo system this world has… proration and "damage scaling".

–Yep. Only the first hits is 100% the second hit is 70%... I should have a graph for this.

——

First hit: 100%

Second hit: 70%

Third hit: 50%

Fourth hit: 40%

Fifth hit: 40%

Sixth hit: 30%

Seventh hit: 30%

Eight hit: 20%

Ninth hit: 15%

Tenth hit: 10%

Eleventh to twentieth hit: 10%

Twenty-first to thirtieth hit: 5%

And the next hits after the thirtieth: 3%

——

{Well, that's why people don't do combos, and also cause of something apparent, not everyone is fast, some many people however know that if you hit an enemy with many things at the same time, like let's say as the first hit, it would count all of them to be 100% damage, but the next one would be dependent on how many you hit to how harsh it be scaled, in example; you could say that if you hit someone 4 times all at the same time by magic, then the next attack you do the combo would count as the 5th attack, even though technically, the first 4 attacks all dealt 100% of their damage. It's not really complex, but just a way so that people would realize that doing too many hits, while still doing damage, may be abysmal.}

–Done with the 3 seconds explanation?

Yep.

"... I guess you really do have a tendency for not listening to someone… *sigh*, anyway, my name is Kled. Just a normal name."

And I just quickly made them unconscious after they stopped talking. Sorry, but someone said I have to make everyone unconscious.

–... [Probably not me.]

It's you, anyway… hmm… for now, I guess I have some time to read books.

I used the replica artifacts behind me and quickly flied to the window in which the true library was at.

*Opening window noises, closing window noises, thud noises, vanishing artifacts noises*

{... That was a lot of noise that happened in a set.}

Anyway, now that I'm here… I wonder which book I will read for an hour?... All of the books here are thick, so I don't think me being fast at reading would save that much time.

–Hmm, let's just go with the one nearest to you, but also something you haven't read yet…

I grabbed a random book and opened it, I don't have to worry about creating light, as this lenses I kept forgetting that exists is still here nya.

"... Oh, this is kinda complex, but oh well, it's not like I can't understand it. I mean, at this point-"

–Shut up and read quietly. I mean you're alone, but not really alone, you have me, after all.

"Hahahahaha"...

I guess so.

8 hours later…

"Ah, I forgot to sleep, and this is the 10th book… *sigh*... It's a really big problem that I have, when I don't need to sleep at all…"

I closed the book that I have in my hand as I gently put a paper on a certain page, it's called bookmarking.

I quickly climbed up the walls, go through the window and just climbed to the roof of the campus for too many times.

"I still have some time before Class starts, probably like… 4 hours and since I'm not into a groups, it's not a surprise I have too many freedom in this lax academy."

I lie on the roof like it's a comfortable bed, it's fine, but technically it's not.

–Guess so, anyway, are you sure you need to lie on this roof? Not gonna lie, the sun is hurting my vision.

"What are you? A vampire?... Eh, no matter…"

I quickly stood and looked around, not seeing anyone, but feeling someone very far away from me, closing towards me as they noticed my presence.

"For now, I guess I just had to have fun for today, show the people I felt from far away, closing towards me that they can't, no, that they won't catch me, for now that is."

I jumped off the roof before I got hit by a no attribute restriction spell that rule regulators commonly use here. The academy is lax, but I broke too many rules so once they found me breaking a rule openly, they would try to catch me, the exception where they can't catch me is when I'm in the true Library, the Headmaster's office, and the room where they hold my class… I guess they also can't catch me in any places where I'm hiding my presence. The problem with those people however is that… they're slower than me in every way, including just falling, and they can't report me, unless they catch me, that's also in the rules.

–... The academy is really lax, isn't it?

Good thing there are only 20 of them, working at different times at different places… in the night, only 5 people are working, and since it's morning, I guess there are 8 and I'm being followed by 4. Due to that, I can easily tell that my target would be…

"You're violating the la-"

Someone teleported in front of me, tried to catch me with their spell, but I quickly ducked, and rolled to the side and quickly entered a crouch position, before transitioning to a sprint that cats and animals with 4 legs do… I guess it's nice that I actually practiced for this.

–Yeah, considering that the classroom should be… 4 floors after entering "Campus"

Hmm, it should be easy, as long as I get easy teleport patterns.

I immediately leapt towards the air, avoiding another spell as I quickly reached the ground, in a crouching position, in which I immediately stood and opened a big door to enter the campus, before closing it immediately as no one was here yet.

*Thukkk!!*

{The only way to enter here and not waste time is to teleport, so the next action I would do is… simply…}

I lightly stepped on the floor, causing my presence to vanish and I walked away, as 4 people teleported behind me, almost touching me, but I already moved away before they caught me.

"... We didn't caught that Cat again… *sigh*... How is she so quick? She isn't even teleporting, and she still outruns as all, rule regulators who are adept in teleportation in… *sigh*"

The one who said that didn't continue what he was saying as the more he talked, the more it felt like he was sad cause he didn't catch me… sadness? Not irritation or annoyance?... What?

–That's probably cause they like rules or something, perfect for the role, but they're weird people, ignore them. Well… is what I like to say most of the time, but you need friends, so maybe if you can…

I ignored the next lines Angel said to me as I stretched my hands, before slowly climbing on the stairs, one, two, three…

Fourth floor. So I just need to go to the class room and I don't have to worry about anything, I wish I can just live on the classroom though, unfortunately, that's unlikely as I know that being there, I would just injured by someone, not really painful except the pain, but everyone would think that I'm a ghost even more, considering that I was injured, close to death, and somehow, I was healed in the next day mysteriously.

{... Well no one bothered to put me in a clinic, so I have to do it myself… do they know how I was so dirty by my own blood? Gotta clean my clothes too.}

0