Chapter 49
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2 months have passed, and I still somehow only read 99% of the books there. I will finish the last book today, or probably tomorrow.

–... There's a break for today, so no need for studying even though you're still in the classroom for weird reasons… Anyway, you have exactly too many hours of free time…

{Hmm, that's a lot of free time… I should just… well…}

"Hey, Leus, fight me!!"

There's a student, at my left, shouting that they want to fight me as I was looking at the window, a book in my hand that has a title known as "Specialist of fire: volume 3", this book is something I bought using the money I borrowed from myself.

–...

"*Sigh*... How many times have you been asking this? Do you know you're technically making your academy life bad as you're breaking the rules by being with me?"

I opened the window as I said that.

"I don't know!! Anyway, anyway, fight me please!"

He looked at me with anticipation as the temperature around us felt colder, that's right, he's an ice specialist, unlike me who is… uh, probably a fire specialist.

Shut up, is what I wanted to say against this person, of course, they have a name… ah, what is it?...

–[Author, make up a name, please… you've been stuck on this portion, not able to continue for 7 hours.]

("Hey, I'm trying my best, okay nya? Do you know how hard it is to come up for a name about someone who uses ice that isn't just Crystal or just some unexplainable names like Nyarlotep or something that I butchered cause I'm bad at remembering name nya?")

–[Can relate.]

Ah, now I remembered, it's… Icros. Nicknamed Cros, I believed.

("... It took me 2 more hours to come up with that nya… and I guess, it doesn't clash with Icros' powers, and that's all, it's a pretty bad name, in all honesty nya.")

"... Let's go to the usual fighting arena then, otherwise you will annoy me to death."

After I said that in a bit of a irritated tone, I jumped off the window and as I reached the ground, I made my presence vanish, Cros then soon followed after, and as he gracefully touched the ground with his feet, his wolf-like blue hair flashed for a second as he immediately vanish from vision… a cold trail followed behind the person who I can't see at all, and it's not that I can't see him, it's just that I'm not focusing to see him. He's sliding using the trail of icy ground he made to reach there, meaning he's technically faster, and this one isn't situational, he can use this pretty much everywhere due to how cold and powerful his ice magic spells are. I think this one is a tier 2 spell known as Ice trail.

{... It's gonna take a while to walk in the arena. The Arena was created just 2 weeks ago, and it, as a place where I can get away with breaking the rules as long as I'm fighting someone, is a pretty nice place, not gonna lie.}

–It should take… 7 minutes of walking.

8 minutes later.

"Hey!"

Cros waved at me and I waved back as I casually signed something, the one who regulates this place is a normal mage, unlike me who is already a great mage, although no one not important knows that currently.

"... So, I thought you were just a shy girl that wore a boy's uniform when we first met, remember that?... Hehehehe, who would have thought that you defeated me when that happened."

Yeah, me curb stomping you.

"Well, enough with the past talks! Let's have fun, shall we?"

He immediately returned back to his normal cheerful voice and I, just like usual, drew the sword that was on my waist away from its scabbard.

"Domain magic: Ice Scenery!"

He crouched as he said so. The area started to feel cold, but like I would let you do something like that…

"Domain magic: Fire Scenery."

The increasingly cold arena immediately became hot and he looked at me with an anticipated look, he knew I would do it, as he baited me to do so.

"!"

Suddenly, a 4 Meters Icycules almost hit me, but I barely avoided it by doing a flip and redirected it at the corner by coating the sword on my right hand with a bit of mana. {If it didn't hit me, that means I avoided it.}

I looked at the area, nothing changed, only that the area around us, basically the arena, was blue and a bit slippery, but it's fine, as my shoes now had terrain resistance I can turn on or off anytime I want.

"Well, I got the advantage! So let's go, yo!"

He immediately used the slidy floor to slide in front of me and claws appeared in his hands as his eyes gleamed in blue, showing fierceness similar, or even greater compared to a wolf's fierceness.

"Show some grace, you barbaric ice maniac."

I said mockingly as I blocked his first claw swipe and he grabbed my sword, behind doing a flip backwards and almost hit me with claws appearing in his shoes…

–This is the usual fight between them. Icros, as a Wolf, naturally uses claws that appear in his hands and feet to attack, the only way he can actually use the claws in his feet are, basically, attacks coming from a jump, or using the enemy to do some moves that are risky.

"... Hap."

I said on purpose and fainted a dash, and as he immediately dashed towards me, expecting a dash, I immediately did a side step and dodged his body almost hitting me, I then quickly turned around and used Fire circle install and the fire circle that surrounded me, immediately disappeared, as it can't resist the cold atmosphere in our fight, but I still had the speed up for 15 seconds, so it's fine.

"Hit me."

An ice shield appeared in front of him, in which I naturally jumped over and as I tried to attack him from behind, he did a back kick, which I expected 1 seconds ago and just avoided it, I then, using my sword, coated it with a large amount of fire and slashed, melting the ice shield that appeared while I was slashing him…

"Did it. So, now-!"

A small and sharp Icicle appeared in front of my face and I immediately avoided it by ducking, but then, he immediately kicked and I was sliding off… tch…

Using the sword, I covered it with a fire that's trusting backwards, trying to lower the speed that I'm flown off at a quickly staggering rate.

As I stopped and reached the ground, I immediately put out the fire on my sword and noticed that the thin mana coating was burned off… I should have made the mana coating a higher quantity, huh… but too much thickness will affect my concentration too much.

–Current concentration 97%, Current time before fire circle install runs out: 7 seconds.

{7 seconds… plenty of time…}

"Oh, look, you're looking a bit irritated, hehehe, You think you can win at this point? Rather-"

I propelled myself towards him by using my left hand and pointing it backwards while a large amount of flames, thrusting backwards. As I reached near him, I immediately did a horizontal slash, in which was blocked by his ice shield, and the ice shield shattered, causing me to make a flame barrier around me in order to block that gimmick he has on those ice shields, it's also the reason why I hate to destroy it normally, two ways I can easily deal with it is by not hitting it, or just burning it… but since the entire arena is in a state of being cold due to the area magic, I don't think I can burn it as easily unless I make my fire stronger…

I  ran away from him, using the ground that was frozen over and my left hand to propel myself away from him. I then quickly crouched to avoid 3 Icycules almost hitting me and my left hand quickly burned off the ground, burned off the ground in a way that shows a magic constructional magic crest appear…

"Activate."

I said so while pouring mana into the constructional magic crest, I poured mana in it by converting my concentration into mana… The constructional magic crest glowed on a Deep red hue, and the temperature quickly felt hot as the ice all around us immediately became water, and then started to become smoke.

"... Time to be on the offensive. Fire wings."

Fire wings appeared behind me and I immediately hovered off the ground… I can hover, this one doesn't really let me fly, it's just a nice hover, it helps me a little and with some other supports…

I used Fire circle install. A fire Circle, usually with me at the center, was not there, but it connected to the wings, making a small fire circle behind me connected by fire wings. See? Now it's a bit more useful.

–You can see how insane Atleus is with their fire magic spells that they created themselves. And the constructional magic crest on the floor burned off, it's a one time use trick, it's basically just Atleus using the constructional magic crest itself, instead of making it in the air, to use the magic spell, the magic spell they wrote out earlier was Fire Scenery.

I, quickly hovering and accelerating towards him, did a slash with the sword on my right hand and that was avoided by him simply moving backwards, so I immediately spun around and covered myself in a circle of fire, an ice shield appeared to block my attack but it was melted as he almost touched the flame circle I was using at the attack, his expression shows terror, and excitement.

"Owww, that almost burns me off like the surroundings… hahahaha, exciting…"

He let out a dry laugh as a Big Icicle appeared on top of me, a really big one, it's like 30 times my size.

{Masochist?... No, maybe fighting a strong opponent is more likely to be the case…}

I ignored my thoughts and did a quiet sigh as I Quickly made a fire pillar with me in it. Don't worry, my enchanted uniform has heat resistance, so it won't burn, but it can still be damaged… as the fire pillar quickly disappeared, my body burned off and my sword was burning, since I thinly coated it with mana, it should burn for at least a minute…

"Insane…"

He let out as a large amount of Icycules and Ice shields surrounded me and him…

"No, it's normal."

I said as a retort to what he said earlier as I made enough Fire blades to counter his ice magic, and 5 extra to hit him from behind… This was not efficient at all, as wind blades, unlike fire blades, only uses air, fire blades are only really usable only on this specific domain or air that's already heated up… and even if you use them outside of this domain, it costs more than a wind blade does on concentration.

"I won."

I said in a quiet whisper to myself as the fire wings vanished, along with the circle. The fire blades all simultaneously shot out as they hit the ice magic that Cros made.

"... Well, if you hit me, that is…"

Somehow, he blocked off the extra 5 fire blades I made…

Wait… that's… on the ground that Icros is stepping on, there's a constructional magic crest for Ice Scenery…

"Like I let you."

I immediately said as I made a fire blade and shot it at him, but the fire blade got frozen as the arena once more changed into an ice theme… Icros however was somehow different from before, there's a tinge of sky blue covering his entire body, and there's also a few frozen shards floating around him as his blue hair feels like they're glowing dimly.

"*Sigh*... Really?"

I asked as I dodged an Icycule that almost hit me, it was faster than before. I looked at Cros, his expression doesn't show the excitement he has, it's full of focus and a strange look at me, as if they will win against me… {focus huh…}

–No way… they entered semi-hyper focus mode?

Possibly, and don't try to say it dramatically, we both know that state is normal to enter, look at me, I can enter it if I close my eyes and focus for a second.

–... Fair.

"..."

Silently, he immediately appeared in front of me as an ice sword appeared in both his hands, he swung it diagonally against me and I parried his attack, but this time, I didn't counterattack this time as I already knew that I couldn't do a counterattack someone faster than me… {Anyway, I didn't see him like this before… so focused and so powerful, that's what makes it more fun, I guess.}

0