Chapter 53
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{... I'm more confused than before, I'm a clone, but that memory implies something else… maybe I'm actually a reincarnation of that person?... No, that's not really likely, and I don't have evidence to support that claim. And I don't have enough information to have a reasonable hypothesis I can believe in…}

–So, what's on your mind?

"..."

I didn't bother to answer. I just quickly climbed over the tree that I was close to.

"Hey, that person once again-"

I didn't want bother to hear the people below me, so I just ignored them.

–... Not gonna answer my question?...

I don't have a motive or any good reason to.

–... [... Something happened…] Well, if something worries you, then talk to me. Cause we're partners, after all!

{If… no, I shouldn't try.} That'll be hard to happen, but sure, I trust you.

For now…

I dropped the tree while quickly getting rid of my presence, otherwise, people would ask who I am and why am I in a big tree that I accidentally gave… too much concentration that it grew too big. And this town is above the base, so it's normal for me to teleport here.

"Hmm… the problem would be that… I don't have anything to do, and all of my jobs are just normal jobs…"

Sword-user, mage, enchanter, archer. These four jobs of mine are just that… jobs, well… I guess Sword-user is more specifically Sword-user (Knight). The only job that increases my concentration by 100% to 200% per tier up is Sword-user (Knight) as it's my main job, the others are jobs that everyone can have… well most people can only 2 jobs at most as balancing 3 or 4 jobs are quite hard, but since the jobs I picked are basically 3 for combat and 1 for support, you can easily tell that I didn't have a problem balancing them… anyway, as it stands, those jobs are just jobs that have tiers, and it shows that you're stronger than the one below your tier if your tier is higher than them, and that's it. There's a job titled or called Adventurer or Hunter in which they hunt monsters or explore the world and try to find treasures or objects holding lots of value… Adventurers and hunters can also get to help people if they want to, as supposed to me where I can do whatever I want since I don't have that type of job.

–... Well, to be fair, if you're an adventurer, then you would do at least more than 3 quests a day…

"I guess so."

I muttered as I quickly switched to Angel mode and just flew… I should go to the Angel's continent capital…

–... Why?

Cause there's a World Tree there, it's the one I accidentally uh… hit on accident.

–... You looked around at the city in high speed and accidentally hit it, didn't you?

Yep, that's the gist of it, but don't worry, it isn't like I hit it when I was going too fast, so it didn't injure me that much… the me back then was just, well, I guess they're a bit… a bit childish.

–Well, aren't you still childish? Doing whatever you want because you're bored?

Hmm, but I have responsibilities now, so yeah, it's not the same, but I suppose that there are similarities.

1 hour of flying later.

"And we're here."

I said so as I sat on top of the world tree. I didn't worry, as normally, I shouldn't be caught here…

"And I guess I will come…"

Someone dropped down just beside me…

"... This is my spot."

I said, not moving away from the middle of this tree. He looked at me with an irritated expression as he sighed and tried to push me, but since I don't want to move, I didn't budge.

"... Fine, if you won't move in my spot, then I will force it!"

Suddenly, a gun appeared on his hand and I immediately, knowing that there's a gun, drew my sword as I evaded the laser, by quickly standing up, followed by moving a little on the right.

"... You're damaging the world tree, you know?..."

I said quietly as I silently put my sword back to its scabbard, I then quickly drew a magic gun from my side bag.

"Heh! It's not a problem if I don't hit-"

I rushed towards him while he was talking and shot the gun 3 times, making 3 laser guns appear and he easily dodged them, and he immediately shot a single laser at me, which I barely avoided by quickly just stopping, it was aimed in a way so that it will only hit me if I actually advanced, meaning it's an attack predicted to aim at where I will travel…

"Tch, you cheater. Fine, I'm not holding back anymore! See who will have the last laugh-!"

I teleported above him as I stepped over his head, he quickly started to fall backwards and I just jumped over him before that happened, I then quickly started to fly in the air.

"Oww… but now since you're at the air…"

He quickly shot 6 lasers at 6 different locations somehow and due to that, I was in a bit of a trouble, but since I have exactly enough knowledge at how fast it will hit me, I immediately aimed at the trajectory and shot 2 lasers, one of the lasers are aimed at him, and the other?

"... What?!"

Suddenly, a laser beam ricochets into another laser beam as it messes with the laser beam it ricochets. This ricochet happened 6 times, making all the lasers somehow miss me as another laser almost hit him, but he rolled so he dodged that as well. I landed on the tree once more…

"... My spot, my turf, not yours!"

I said so quite angrily even though I did it without raising my voice too much. He looked at me in surprised and he just sit at the floor, hiding his gun and I also did that.

"... *Sigh*... Fine miss, but only cause you're cute, okay?"

{?}

I looked at him, confused as to what he is saying.

–... Remember, you're still wearing a dress… and isn't this the one modified so it has a lighter dark color and your hair is yellow… your skin is also quite pale-

Stop talking about how beautiful I am… you're making me blush…

–Ah, sorry.

"Uh?... Did I say something wrong?"

He asked while looking at me in a worried way…

"... It's… nothing of importance."

I said so while quickly turning around, I then put the gun back in my side bag…

"... I will leave now…"

I flapped my wings and as soon as I tried to fly

"Wait!"

I looked at him again, having an expression which was "what is he trying to say?"

"My name is Serit!"

I nodded and quietly walked to where the tree almost will be, and jumped off, as I was falling, I grabbed a nearby branch and got above it… I then hid myself under the tree leaves…

"... The Corrupted Darkness here is… unexpectedly 0%..."

I started to talk back to my usual manner as I muttered silently…

–That's not normal… there are many people around here, I don't think there would be someone who can easily purify it…

{... Is it Serit?... No, I don't think so…}

I blinked for a second and suddenly, there's a Serit in front of me…

"... Iyaaa!!"

I pushed him away from being terrified of what happened at just a single blink.

"Uwaaahhh!!"

A shout, slowly getting fainter and fainter, followed by a… wait… a bullet?

My hand got hit by a bullet, causing it to bleed…

"..."

I bear the pain as I quickly threw the bullet upwards, the wound quickly vanished by me using Heal.

I looked upwards and the bullet was gone, it was replaced with a Serit right in front of me…

"... Sorry…"

I said so while I looked away from his eyes…

I looked at his hand, it was covered in Pure Darkness…

"... Have you noticed?... Well, that's what happens when someone can feel the Darkness even when I'm wearing Gloves…"

I quickly teleported upwards, back to the middle of World Tree using only 1% of my concentration…

A bullet almost hit me while I was quickly turning back the dress I'm wearing back to a hairpin, making me naked, but I immediately grabbed a different hairpin which immediately became a set of clothes…

I then immediately started to wear those clothes. A shirt common in the Angel continent, it has holes in the back for the wings… shorts that are just short enough to reach my knee, knee high socks, and my normal boots. I also put a common Angel bracelet that has wings in it, and just wore earrings… this way, now I look normal.

Serit then appeared from the bullet in which I was now not surprised about, considering that I already knew it would happen. It uses the same principle as my Fire sword teleport, you would teleport to the area where the sword was, and using the sword as a cost and some concentration, you can now teleport to the sword… but bullets?... I didn't think his gun had bullets.

–They're pretty rare after all. From what I know, it seems to be that while guns with bullets existed, it's quite… well… either the bullet was made by the person who was using the gun, or they just use it in an emergency when their concentration gets low enough.

"Don't look surprised, I'm a gunslinger, that's my job. As well as a Dark priest, won't ya say, Light priest?"

"... Light priest?"

I asked him what he meant… my voice is still coming out like a girl for reasons I don't know…

"... You… didn't know?"

He asked, looking at me with a confused look… I just nodded and he immediately sighed…

"The people who use Light energy as a way to purify anything are automatically called Light priests, and most of them, by nature, are quite pure, or simply quite childish… sometimes even both."

He looked at me like he's saying what he meant… I just looked at him confused, as while I do understand, I didn't have enough information in which I needed to understand it fully…

"People who use Dark energy, Pure Darkness as a way to purify anything are Dark priests. They're mostly pure, rude, blunt, sometimes innocently pure for unknown reasons, most of them are childish… and some of them are just combinations of what I told."

"... I see…"

I said so while still being conf-... I mean, not having enough information…

–... It isn't confusing though…

What do you mean? He's talking in Light, Darkness, Light, Darkness! I can't just understand that, you know?

–... Look, this is simple and clean, this is not kingdom hearts. [I'm sure no one gets this reference, so let me make it clear… it was a kingdom hearts reference, oh what a surprise.]

… {What's Kingdom hearts? Is that like… light Dark, Light, Dark, heart, Darkness, Darkness, key?, Heart?, Light?? Thing???}

"... You're confused aren't you?"

I nodded.

"... Figures. Basically, Light and Dark priests are almost the same, except the power they use to purify things. Dark priests can purify faster, but their body recovers from Corrupted Darkness slower, like 50% on a normal Dark priest. While a Light priests sure purify slower, but they can usually recover themselves at Corrupted Darkness faster than Dark priests… and that's it."

Feathers suddenly appear around me as his wings appeared… what?... An object that has that enchancement?

"... Have fun."

I said so while waving. And he instantly flew off towards somewhere, and I didn't see him anywhere.

{Incredibly fast. Well, self proclaimed me would have said that I'm faster… but really, acceleration is a must for that, and I'm only "hypothetically" faster anyway due to the fact that I technically don't have a limit on how fast I can fly, but problems is that I will burn my body if I actually fly, faster and faster so… and he probably doesn't have a limit too…}

"... Incredibly fast."

I quickly grabbed a bullet that was on my vision and quickly teleported it to somewhere… like I'm gonna get hit by that, have fun if you teleport in the town below,.you be regarded as a legend… or someone who committed a crime, I don't know…

… This shirt has no back and there's a button in which has holes so that your wings won't be obstructed, which is nice, but… I rather not have wings then, being on top of this tree is very cold… anyway…

"Dark priest and Light priest are two jobs I didn't know I had…"

–Having both Obliteius and Oatheus probably is the reason why you had both.

Largely. The other reason is me actually storing a 50/50 balance with Light and Darkness energy from my body… well, pure light and pure Darkness to be exact. If they aren't pure, then they're quite useless… for now… I need to … oh that's… a lot of presence around me…

I quickly made my presence vanished and jumped off the tree, avoiding the people I would probably don't want to meet…

–... Does the Beastman's continent have a World Tree?

Well, that… I don't know. but I'm pretty sure that one is hidden as supposedly, it takes at least a 10000 years to have a tree as huge as the one I just left.

–Figures.

Well, I figured that too, anyway… so what do I do?

I summoned Bury Light and use it to create a wind platform which was kind of green… eh, doesn't matter. I changed it to a light blue, which is nice.

–... Ah yes, reference.

0