7. The Divine Protection from Beyond the Portal
294 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement

The Kingdom of Odisle had finally found their peace as The Order of Holy Knights had managed to defeat the Demon Lord. Among them, Lucretia was the youngest and yet the one that was the most faithful to Aurelia, the Goddess of the Kingdom. Being in the Order since young, she was only 21 when she joined the extermination party. Despite her age, however, the tall, blonde knight had a lot of magic potential and had proven herself to be one of the invaluable knights.

As the other knights were busy on the Parade, Lucretia chose to visit the Sanctum instead. Aurelia was surprised as she did not expect the knight to visit her on such a festive day.
“I am not good with crowds. Besides, I know that you’ll be here all alone, so I choose to accompany you.” The knight said while standing in front of the altar.
“In that case, let’s go somewhere else.”
The Goddess chuckled as she smiled, summoning a warp portal. When the knight stepped on it, the bright light enveloped her entire body as she got teleported.

By the time she opened her crimson eyes, Lucretia was greeted by an unfamiliar sight. The knight was stunned for a while as she was unable to process what was happening. In front of her was a sign with an unfamiliar rune, but to her surprise, the knight could read them. ‘Welcome to Odashima’, the sign said with the artificial island’s map beneath it. The island’s name was still the same: Oda’s Island with a similar general layout and shape so the knight assumed that it was the same place. However, the abundance of the pillars that pierced the sky, in addition to the completely different outfits that the citizens wore was nowhere alike to the Odisle she knew.

Her priority was to check if the Kingdom was alright. The skyscrapers blocked her view of the castle that was supposedly the tallest building in the Kingdom. While she was running in the direction of the Kingdom, she was almost struck by a car while crossing the road (illegally). ‘Such a dangerous metal beast. Could it be the work of the Demon Lord? He may have sabotaged the summoning portal and brought me here.” The knight saw more of the ‘horde’ passing by as she held her hand out towards the vehicles and yell, “Holy Sword!”
The spell was supposed to summon the light sword that she had used countlessly to vanquish evil, yet nothing happened. Not only that, she could not feel any mana surging in her body, at all.
“I can’t go to the castle without my power…” Lucretia instantly panicked as she tried to summon her sword over and over again, to no avail.
Was it a status ailment? Or did the teleportation drained all my MP? The knight thought to herself as she rushed towards the Sanctum to restore herself.
It’s not far from the city entrance, anyway.

    As she reached the location of where the Sanctum was supposed to be, Lucretia found that the temple was replaced by a house of similar size, with the giant gate replaced with a small door. The Sanctum had never been locked even at night, yet a push on that door did not open it. As it seemed like a townsperson’s house, the knight gave it a knock. The light on the house was lit brightly anyway, suggesting that someone was at home.

When the door opened, a girl with dark purplish hair emerged from the house. She was surprised to see a tall, blonde foreigner standing in front of her door. Is she lost? There are a lot of tourists in Odashima, after all, but how did she end up in the residential area?
“Is there something I can help-”
Before the girl finished her sentences,  the blonde immediately get to her knees while staring at the girl.
That long, straight purplish hair. The slender body. The soft-speaking voice. And most importantly, the caring stare from the purple eyes. It definitely belonged to Goddess Aurelia.
“I am glad to finally meet you again, my Goddess,” Lucretia said with a bright smile, seeing a familiar face in an entirely different world eased her mind. She even bowed down to show her respect to ‘Aurelia’.

Meanwhile, the girl was dumbstruck by the sudden action from the stranger. She observed the outfit of the tall blonde as she could not help but wonder. Is this some sort of a live-action roleplaying? Or perhaps a TV prank?

The silence confused Lucretia as well, in addition to the confused look from her ‘Goddess’. “Is there something wrong, Goddess Aurelia?” she asked, as the girl was in deep thought. It was pretty late at night and if this continued longer, it would cause a misunderstanding among the neighbours. Not to mention, the stare of the ‘knight’ was pretty sincere and hopeful. She knew that she should not let a stranger in her house, but…
“Please get up and come inside the house, we’ll talk.” the girl said as she opened the door for the blonde.

    The two of them sat in the living room as Lucretia admired the interior that was so different to her world.
“Who is this Aurelia you are speaking of? My name is Asagami Kotoha, I think you have the wrong person.” The host started the conversation amidst the silence, still looking at the knight.
Lucretia on the other hand, still could not process what was happening. First, she was transported to another world; a different country was certainly not the case with how different this world was. Next, the girl who sat in front of her was certainly a carbon copy of her Goddess.
“The name’s Lucretia, a Holy Knight of the Order. I come from the Kingdom of Odisle and I got transported here when I stepped on the portal.” The blonde knight tried to describe her situation, yet the explanation confused Kotoha further. Lucretia’s sincerity moved her though as she understood that the blonde had nowhere else to go in this world.
“You can stay here until you find any leads… In the meantime, make yourself at home.” Kotoha said while guiding the knight to her room. Her parents’ room was off-limits, even when they were already living in the countryside for relaxed retirement life.

Lucretia removed her armour that at this point, had no magical properties at all. Beneath her armour plates was a silk tunic that was comfortable to sleep with, as she helped Kotoha to settle a spare bed beside her. It was already late at night and the fatigue took its toll on the knight as she passed out immediately…

Meanwhile, Kotoha had already prepared herself for bed before the knight’s arrival, so she turned off the light and closed her eyes. As she went into her deep sleep, she encountered a weird dream. She was on an oddly familiar island as her point of view shifted to a small church. Inside the building, there were two girls, in which she recognised the blonde to be Lucretia immediately. It seemed to be a dream of the knight’s past as she was on her knees bowing to someone with long, purple hair like her own. The girl extended her hand to give the knight a loving headpat for a day well done. She also pulled the knight onto her lap to brush the long blonde hair, while singing praises and prayers for her Holy Knight. Kotoha was certain that the girl was the Goddess Aurelia whom the knight was talking about; she indeed looked just like her.
The dream ended with the knight leaving the Sanctum, and the said Goddess was smiling while waving her hand, bright light filling the room as the door was opened.

The same blinding light eventually woke Kotoha up, as she realised that it was already morning. When she opened her eyes, she noticed that the knight was still asleep on top of her spare bed. The same sleeping face that the dream showed her, as Kotoha could not help but blush when she recalled the dream entirely. Even when the Goddess and Kotoha were different people, the two of them still had the same face and appearance, so she could not help but see it as herself. Lucretia woke up not long after with Kotoha still looking at her, causing the girl to blush even further.

    Asagami Kotoha was a fresh graduate who was still job-hunting, and she had an interview that morning. She hurriedly got changed as she did not even have time to eat her breakfast given that she overslept because of the dream. “Just wait at home and don’t go anywhere else. I’ll try to return as soon as possible.” Kotoha said to the half-awake knight, who nodded in understanding. It felt like how Aurelia-sama ordered her to guard the Sanctum while the Goddess was away.

    The purple-haired girl returned not long after with a look of despair in her eyes. Evidently, the interview was a failure.
“Welcome back, Asagami-sama.” Lucretia said with a smile on her face, she was a guest for just one night but she certainly looked happy to see Kotoha returned. To her surprise, however, the house had been properly tidied by the blonde. Before Kotoha could thank her, she was interrupted by the growling of her stomach.
Ah right, I skipped breakfast for the interview…
Lucretia followed the girl to the kitchen as Kotoha opened her fridge to check on the ingredients. She had not planned what to have for dinner as she wanted to take away instead, but the disappointment from the rejection caused her to forget about it.
“Now what should I make…” she muttered as the knight immediately suggested, “Why don’t we make grilled chicken with apple and cheese?”

“You can cook?” Kotoha asked in surprise.
“I can, but I don’t see any open fire in here…” she looked around as there was no furnace at all.
“Here, I’ll show you.”
Kotoha guided the girl to operate the kitchen equipment as well as help with the preparation as an hour later, the meal for two was done.

“Thanks for the meal.” Kotoha beamed as it was the first time she had eaten something like that. She then asked more questions to the knight to know her better, and to her surprise, despite her physique, Lucretia was actually a couple of years younger than her. On the other hand, Kotoha resembled her Goddess so much that Lucretia immediately viewed her as someone older.

The two of them spent their time with Kotoha giving Lucretia a ‘home tour’, including teaching her about housework. Considering that she was gonna stay for a while, it would be better to get her accustomed to the house first. It was already evening when they were done, as Kotoha let the knight take her bath first. While the knight was bathing, Kotoha prepared an oversized t-shirt for the knight to be used as bedwear. It ended up being a normal shirt for her, though.

That night, Kotoha dreamt about the two once more, albeit in a different flashback. The Goddess was worried for her before the trip to vanquish the Demon Lord. The night before, the two of them slept on the same bed, with the knight wrapping her larger body around the Goddess.  The dream truly showed how close the two of them were. As Kotoha eventually woke up, she looked at the knight who was still asleep and immediately thought that it would be comfortable if she was being hugged by her, before eventually blushed not long after.
“Why would I imagine something like that? Must be the dream’s fault….”

It was a free day for Kotoha as she figured that she should ask Lucretia to go out together with her. The better the blonde knew more about this world, the faster she could find a lead regarding her situation. Kotoha could not let Lucretia go in her default outfit though, as light armour would be attention-grabbing. However, T-shirt she got for her was too casual for public places. She thought for a second as she opened her parent’s room and grab a t-shirt, jeans and jacket for the knight to wear. It was surprisingly a nice fit, as Kotoha was quite proud of her choice. Lucretia had never worn something this light in public but as it did not look weird so she was fine with it.

Their destination was the building that was supposed to be the Castle. Lucretia led the way as it was her daily route, from the Sanctum to the Castle. Kotoha saw the blonde almost cross the road illegally (again) as she tugged her hands and taught her about traffic rules. This time the two of them walked side by side so that the blonde did not get into a further traffic violation; the older girl grabbed her hand to keep the knight in control. Lucretia blushed as not even Aurelia held her hand when they were walking together…

The ‘Castle’ was supposedly one of the largest buildings in Odashima, yet it was replaced by a… shopping mall? As they reached the spot, Lucretia stared at the building in bewilderment as Kotoha could not help but chuckle seeing her reaction.
“Now that we are here, why don’t we do some shopping?” She asked as the two of them went to the mall store to buy some clothes for the blonde. A couple of bedwear, home wear as well as various outfits in which Kotoha was confident that she would make a great personal shopper for the blonde. A cross-shaped hairpin was chosen to complete the fashion instead of the helmet that she wore.

    On their way home, the two girls were approached by some suspicious-looking guys. Lucretia’s appearance did stand out and it seemed like these bad guys were up to no good. Kotoha, not wanting to have any confrontation, tugged on the blonde’s arms as she tried to choose another route, yet the three men approached them instead. Lucretia stepped up to defend Kotoha, as one of the men taunted her.
“Trying to act tough, aren’t you… What are you, a knight in shining armour?” He said as the other two surrounded Lucretia. Kotoha was still hiding behind the knight while the blonde clenched her fist.
“I am indeed a knight, and Kotoha-sama is who I will protect now.”

The three of them were no match for the knight as they were even weaker than the bandits Lucretia faced, as managed to shoo them away without her magic power.
Kotoha was definitely not Aurelia, but Lucretia still defended her. It made the older girl truly happy as he was impressed by the knight’s dedication. No, this warm feeling which included her heart beating faster… She realised that she was starting to develop her feelings for the knight.
When she turned around to check on Kotoha, the purple-haired girl was blushing from embarrassment. Kotoha’s silence made the blonde think that the girl was afraid because of those thugs. As Lucretia approached Kotoha, however, the girl asked the knight to get on her knees. She extended her hand afterwards, giving the knight a headpat for the job well done. “Thank you for protecting me,” she said while brushing her hair. Even when Kotoha was a different person than Aurelia, Lucretia could feel the affection from those soft touches.

    That night, Kotoha had another ‘dream’. This time, however, Lucretia was with her as well.  The two of them were greeted by Aurelia in an ethereal plane within the two worlds. When Lucretia asked her why was she transported to another world, the Goddess explained that she knew the knight had always wanted to live in a simple world free from the Demon Lord. Aurelia was fine to part with her dear knight, although Lucretia would always have her faith in the Goddess.

“I’ll give you a new identity in this world, so you can register yourself as an expatriate. You can even register your marriage overseas, should the two of you want to.” Aurelia teased the two. The two of them woke up altogether as they stared at each other, blushing when they realised that it was not a dream.

    As the two ended up living together, Kotoha was more motivated to get a job for the sake of Lucretia. The newfound passion certainly helped as not long after, she had managed to land a stable job. When she returned, the blonde had already prepared her warm bath and waited to eat together with her. The ex-knight totally played the part of the housewife, as she was already accustomed to the house chores.
At night, they did not get the flashback dream anymore. But every time before bed, the knight always tapped her bed while staring excitedly at her ‘Goddess’.Kotoha took her seat on the bed as Lucretia lay on her lap. She always loved to be complimented for her job well-done in the house, so the hairbrushes were her rewards. Doing so also calmed down Kotoha who was at times frustrated with her job, so it was a mutual comfort for both of them.
Kotoha ended up buying a bigger bed so that the two of them could sleep together. All while she requested the blonde to hug her gently, just like how she had imagined back then.  It ended up being their favourite sleeping position, as she was able to sleep better due to its comfort. That, and the goodnight kiss the two had every night before one of them ended up falling asleep.

Aurelia smiled as she observed their sleeping faces from the other world, hoping that she had made the right choice. After everything that Lucretia had done, the Holy Knight deserved to have a happy life.
Or as in the other world called, “live happily ever after”.

8