14. [Can You Take Me In for the Night? Pretty please~”]
209 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement

Dim lights and a firey orange sunset dyed the brick walls outside the cafe a warm color.

Within this closed shop was a gentle melody of a love song intertwined with the saccharine scents of sweets. And perhaps this was also the soundtrack for their many dates in the years coming forwards....

A elfin statured woman gently prodded the young customer slumped onto the round table. Her cheeks were slightly flushed as she tried to pry off the hands cluched around her work uniform. Previously she had agreed to give them a hug seeing as she looked so pitiful while asking for one. It wasn't that she disliked the touch, after all the one in front of her was a old customer she had know for years although it seemed the other didn't recognize her. But she was holding a dripping mop in her hands and unwilling to dirty the customer's shoes with the mop, she wanted to put it back into the bucket. Those hands, at the very moment were inching around to wrap her waist in its embrace. Happily satisfied, the customer buried her face and snuggled into her stomach. Feeling quite ticklish but not opposed at the sensation of a soft human around her sensitive waist, the petite woman again tried to communicate with the drunk customer.

"Hey," Softly shaking the arms tightly enveloped around her waist, "wake up, I'll get you some lemon tea-"

Suddenly, as if she felt that she was going to be kicked out. The customer started to act cute. First opening her innocent doe-like eyes then pouting in discomfort. The waitress felt her heart going soft from the cuteness, in addition to feeling rather happy at the warm embrace she was in. Giving the customer a little hug back the waitress didn't know to laugh or not at the clingy nature of this drunk.

As if she hadn't heard the waitress she was currently entangled with she tilted her head, "whaaat? hehe~ your blush is so pretty! Big sis can you take me in for the night? Pretty please~"

Then as soon as she finished saying those provocative lines, as if turning off a switch, she had fallen asleep. With a BANG! Her head toppled down onto the hard metal table while her arms slackened her grip on the waitress, finally letting go of the poor uniform that had become wrinkled from her grip.

Sighing in heartache over the now red and slightly swollen bump on the young customer's forehead, the waitress made a big decision. Pushing the shoulders of the unconscious youth until her head was touching the wall behind her, sitting upright and in a less dangerous position*. While stretching her sore shoulders, the heart shaped name tag flashed, reflecting the light of the setting sun.

Shaking her head, feeling an incoming headache at the thought of having to abandon all thoughts of cleaning tonight. Taking a timid look at the customer, who at some point in time had her head slumped with her chin almost touching her chest. A twinkle of amusement flashed in those mysterious golden eyes as she watched with interest. Nodding off and trying to sit back up, the customer looked just like a fishing rod trying to reel for fish. With her head of light brown hair bobbing up and down unconsciously... it was unsurprisingly cute. Such an adorable scene softened the waitress's heart even more. Eventually deciding to be a good person and help her for the night, slowly walking up the stairs with the youth in her arms...

*(Almost like a kabedon)

 

Author's Lil theater:

Aoi (drunk customer) : hehe found your weak spot!

Yuri (shy waitress in this chap, actually the owner) : *loves cute things*

 

...

Waking up the morning after blacking out, dead drunk to boot was NEVER a good way to start off your day. Certain exceptions apply, such as times when you happen to hallucinate about a angel that came straight from your dreams. Extra points given if She's the type that looks deliciously shy, able to be pushed down with minimal effort and easily teased into flustered tears....

Dazedly sitting up, long brown hair scattered over the cupcake print sheets. An long silence surrounding the youth as she tried in confusion to think about why exactly in the world she ended up in a bed that was not her's. Suddenly, as if she realized the severity of this situation, her eyes widened in panic. Flustered and pale with fright she looked around at her unfamiliar surroundings.

Aoi was confused, and scared at the idea of waking up in a strange place. Thankfully it seemed that her dress had not been moved, the ribbon around her waist she spent almost a hour fiddling with was still in that twisted shape. Exactly the way it had been when she left the bar. It was just particularly confusing as to why she woke up here.

She took a deep breath. Quickly scanning around the room empty of residents except for her, she noticed a peculiar smell. Like all sorts of sugary cakes and pastries.... it was strangely familiar to her. Within her fuzzy memories from last night she remembered somehow collapsing inside a bakery or Cafe of some sort. The brunette hair scattered over her shoulders seemed to tremble just like the inner mind of its owner... for she had remembered the kind angel she harassed last night. Thinking they were an illusion or dream of some sorts, she had done many things she had always wanted to do in reality. Burying her face that was flushing with shame into her slightly colder hands, she was about to smoke and expode from the embarrassing memories she wished would disappear.

knock knock

Crisp and yet soft knocks sounded from outside the door, bringing the attention of the youth out from within her embarrassing recollection of memories and into her current reality. Yet, this gesture seemed to make the youth more embarrassed as her face flushed even redder. If you gave her a mirror at this moment, even she herself would have been shocked at the expression she showed in that instant.

"A-are you alright in there, miss?"

This sentence was spoken with such a bashfull and normal tone. But when the one sitting on the bed hear it, it changed from a ordinary question to something 'more'. As a self acknowledged voice con, Aoi knew herself to be very easily seduced by a voice that suited her tastes. And perhaps as a gift for her 21th birthday, God decided to create a beautiful coincidence for her to meet with her dream lover.

It may have been that the silence inside the room worried her, because in the next moment 'kind angel' had twisted the knob of the closed door.

Quickly flipping over the blankets to hide in, Aoi waited in apprehension and shut her eyes. Hoping that her dream angel does not distain her because of her drunken behavior last night, Aoi went stiff in anxiety.

For all she knew, her 'kind angel' might also have worked part time as a ninja. Before she could even notice or hear the sounds of slippers on carpeted floors, a glass of lemonade and a plate of freshly baked apple strudel in the shape of a heart, was set down gently on the table next to the bed.

When Aoi was starting to get hot under the blankets from the lack of oxygen, she felt a small piece of the bed sink.

HER. ANGEL. WAS. SITTING. NEXT. TO. HER.

.. imsharingabedwithmyangelimsharingabedwithmyangelimsharingabedwithmyangel...

While the air was getting hotter and hotter under the blankets because of Aoi's rising body temperature, her angel spoke up again.

"U-um, I didn't do anything to you..." An flustered and inexperienced tone was evident as she tried to explain to Aoi why she ended up inside her small apartment. "you were trying to cover yourself with my carpet, saying it was really really cold and crying. Even when I turned on the heater you still felt that it was cold. Um... "

 

Peeking out from under the pastel green blankets Aoi looked at her was sparkling eyes.

"I knew it, my angel is such a kind soul. She doesn't even hate me for my lack of control while drunk. She's so kind to take me in.... WAIT I CRIED ?????? ( QvQ ) please God kill me now. I have nothing to live for anymore."

Seeing Aoi's head that withdrew from her blankets, the other took it as encouragement and that they were no longer mad at her for bringing her home. Knowing that her words might not be trusted by Aoi, she took out a tablet. The cat surveillance camera on her tablet showed what had happened last night. On the open app, Aoi saw herself throwing a drunken tantrum as she tried to drill herself into the fluffy carpets. While a flustered Yuri tried her best to persuade her against it. Eventually the Aoi from the video found the sweater on the bedside cabinet and refused to let go. All Yuri could do was to watch in a awkward silence. Trying to find something else to look at while escaping the embarrassing situation at hand Aoi let her eyes wander.

Aoi's eyes saw the cute plush name tag pinned on her angel's dark green apron. Etched with embroidered flowers and in the shape of a heart, this pale pink object fully reflected her own heart. A cursive 'Lilly' was written on the center of it.

Yuri, maybe having noticed Aoi's sight that fell on her chest pin took the initiative to lean in closer. She uncliped the pin and handed it to the dumbfounded Aoi, introducing herself.

"You were drunk in my shop yesterday," Glancing at the smol Aoi wrapped into a burrito, Yuri really wanted to rub her soft fluffy hair. Holding back that impulse she continued, "I collected all the items you brought with you, it's already packed up in a bag." Speaking up to here, Yuri put down the tablet and turned her body to leave.

Suddenly, when such a person walked alway like this Aoi couldn't hold back a hand that held her back. While the two were both slightly shocked at this moment, Aoi quickly let go. She blushed as she swiftly let go, suddenly remembering about her intimate actions the night before. How she had hugged Yuri's slim waist and that nice scent when she rubbed her face against her uniform.....

Thinking up to here, Aoi's forehead was already about to be steaming from shame. But 'sweet, innocent and kind' Yuri worried about Aoi's unnatural complexion bent down to place her forehead on Aoi's.

"It doesn't seem to be a fever...", muttering to herself Yuri headed downstairs, "wait here, I'll go get you some medicine just in case."

[... News flash: 21 year old university student trying to jump to her death in XXX Cafe shop! Was it because the cookies weren't delicious? or.... is there a hidden story behind all this.... ]

Shivering at the idea of such a way of sending herself up to the hot searches, Aoi abandoned the thoughts of climbing out of her predicament and disappearing through the window. Scouting out for other items that might be useful for escaping this situation, Aoi found her phone next to the table by the bed. It was a common clear case with a donut sticker. Although it looked a little out of place today.....

Not thinking much about this abnormality, she grabbed it and quickly ate some apple strudel. Unwilling to let their fate end here Aoi decided to keep the sweater.

"it sure is cold today, if... I used returning this sweater as an excuse I can meet her again with a good reason!"

one of Aoi's (many) life mottos has always been: being shameless and acting clueless can solve 99% of all embarrassing situations.

Pumping her fist into the air and smoothing down her black dress, Aoi felt much more confident. Combing back her hair with her beloved angel's clothes hanging on her arm, she prepared to start her scheme. Taking another deep inhale of the saccharine scent for comfort, Aoi was satisfied and prepared to meet Yuri. And yet...

"It took me a while to find the cold medicine, sorry I was gone so long-" Hurrying back into the room with a glass of water in her hand and a white box in the other Yuri happened to come across this scene.

God, if you exist. I know for sure you heard my plea for death. please just obliterate me this moment. Expode, no turn me to dust so I can float out the window next to me and not have to inconvenience my beloved angel Yuri in cleaning me up if I were to explode all over her lovely plush carpet.

"..."

The awkwardness was broken....

By an even more awkward laugh.

I'm sorry my lovely Yuri. I can't face you right now. I'll just take my ticket to seeing you again and scram out this door Please don't worry about me, I wish I could get hit by a truck and vaulted to a different world. QAQ

Stopping upon feeling the cold smooth tiles beneath her toes, Aoi wanted to combust on the spot.

Hurrying to escape from this situation, Aoi ran out of the cafe. Sadly she hadn't remembered a small and tiny, miniscule even, detail. A detail that was probably important to remember. She had woken up on a bed, and usually people don't wear shoes to bed...

 

Lord, I know that I'm not a faithful believer. not do I ever call for you unless I need something or to cuss you out. But really. you didn't have to fuck with my love life like this. if I've done something wrong use the law, heck even gangstas, to punish me. I'll rather not be seen as a perverted idiot in front of my Angel.

Hurrying after Aoi was a panting Yuri. She had rushed to get the other's shoes and items before chasing after the fleeing Aoi. Pressing a card with her number hastily acribbled on into the small paper bag, Yuri finally caught up with Aoi.

"If...huff you were in a rush to leave, haaa you could have told me." Gasping at the sudden morning excitement, Yuri pressed one hand on the wall of the Cafe. The other hand holding the bag rushed to hold out to Aoi. "Your items, here. If you find some are missing or if you need anything from me, my number is on the card."

Flashing a shy smile, " Make sure to stay safe, I hope we meet again!"

Aoi stiffly took the bag in her hands. Nodding to Yuri she left the Cafe.

Unbeknownst to her, Yuri was hiding a black phone in her uniform pocket. It was black, common and encased in a clear plastic case, with a glazed donut sticker on it.

Taking out her 'ticket' to ensure meeting Aoi again, Yuri smiled.

"Dummy, I liked you at first sight too,"

 

-the end

8