Chapter 1:Distress
94 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In hot summer, even living in Chengdu, the southwest border of China, is still very hot and humid. Seeing the red sun slanting westward, the temperature finally dropped. Lin Yu climbed out of the shed. Looking at the blinding sunshine outside even at dusk, the boy finally realized the significance of college students walking around like dogs and graduate students. It's really difficult to find a job these days. College students like him, who are also regarded as undergraduates, often can only find jobs with a monthly salary of 2000 yuan. Such a low salary is really uninteresting.

In addition, Lin Yugang has just graduated from university and is in the age of being ambitious to make a big career in this bustling metropolis. How can he stoop to be called by those superiors! However, the idea is good, but the facts are often cruel. Lin Yu is just a child born in an ordinary rural family. He has no money and no background in the city. His education is ordinary and he has no work experience. It is conceivable that he can't find a job at all.

After spending several months in Chengdu, the original funds that my father sent him for the start-up gradually ran out. Seeing that he would be living with instant noodles in a few days, Lin Yu finally accepted his fate. Two months ago, he decided to find a job to solve the problem of food and clothing. Even if the salary was low, it would be better than doing nothing.

Who knows, as soon as he entered the talent market, Lin Yu was firmly attracted by a high salary job. A notice was posted at the gate of the talent market: "engineers for the West Second Ring Expressway project can be recruited with road construction experience, a daily salary of 500, including food and shelter. The salary of the day is settled on the same day. Those who are interested can sign a labor contract on the spot!"

Seeing such a highly paid position, Lin Yu was moved on the spot. At the same time, Lin Yu also graduated from the Department of civil engineering. This position is just right for him. As for work experience, just boast and fool the boss. Who will really investigate what you have done before!

Without hesitation, Lin Yu signed a labor contract with the construction party that day and officially became a worker who contributed to the construction of the motherland.

However, when Lin Yu arrived at the construction site, he realized that his job was to dig holes in the 100 meter high cliff with ropes to prepare for the directional blasting. It turned out that this road was a mountain road, and the Chengdu municipal government decided to work hard to open up this mountain road, completely solving the traffic problems that plagued the development of the city. The most difficult part of building this road is that the construction party must chisel a road on the hard rock mountain wall, and below the mountain wall is a rolling river. The degree of danger of construction can be imagined. If it falls down accidentally, even the bones can not be found. It is difficult to find jobs these days, but it does not mean that people are willing to do such high-risk jobs. The construction company has exhausted its efforts to recruit workers. However, this job is too dangerous. Even if the daily salary is as high as 500 yuan, only a few people apply for it. The progress of the project will be seriously delayed if there are too few workers. Fortunately, when the construction party was preparing to cut meat and raise salary again, Lin Yu, a lengtouqing, came to apply for the job happily. Seeing that his resume was still in the Department of civil engineering, it was very suitable. Without saying a word, the construction party signed a labor contract with Lin Yu, and gave him 5000 yuan as an advance salary on the spot. Then he took Lin Yu into the deep mountains and forests and began to teach him how to drill on the cliff.

Seeing the abyss like cliffs and the white waves rolling at the foot of the mountain pounding the river on the cliffs, Lin Yu was unwilling to go down to drill. How could he be an engineer! Obviously, it is to recruit the team members who dare to die. I'm kidding. This is a 100 meter high cliff. All the bones and debris are gone. There is no place in the world. No matter how high the safety measures are, no one can save him in an accident.

The construction party didn't want to see the hard won workers leave. Finally, it paid a lot of money, raised the daily salary to 800 yuan, and promised to buy high insurance for Lin Yu. Once Lin Yu has an accident, dies or is disabled, the municipal government will compensate his family with a high pension.

Lured by the huge amount of money, Lin Yu remembered his parents who had worked hard in the countryside to provide him with college. Lin Yu had no way to refuse the job and finally agreed to go down to the cliff to drill holes.

After half a month of groping, Lin Yu was able to hang on the rope skillfully and drill on the cliff with a drill. Although he had been working hard for more than ten days, Lin Yu felt that it was worth the pain and tiredness when he saw hundreds of yuan bills stuffed into his wallet.

On that day, after the technicians determined that it was safe, Lin Yu began to fall down the cliff slowly along the safety rope, and then operated the electric drill also hung by the rope to work on the cliff.

Leaning against the cliff, Lin Yu used a drill to cut holes with large bowl mouths and long arms on the huge rocks. The stone dregs from the holes directly rolled off the cliff and fell into the surging river. The work seems simple but laborious.

After skillfully completing the task in the afternoon, Lin Yu asked the people above to pull him up. Lying in the simple shed built on the construction site, Lin Yu, who was sore all over, didn't want to move. After lying down for a while, Lin Yu heard a huge explosion coming from the place where he had just worked. After the explosion, the sky on the mountain gradually darkened. It was not until the people outside shouted for dinner that Lin Yu got up and walked out of the shed feebly to have dinner in the simple canteen not far away.

To tell you the truth, the food on the construction site is really good. In order to serve these workers who are working on the cliff, the construction party will specially transport fresh meat from the city every day to supplement nutrition for everyone. Lin Yu is a topic that the University and other workers have no common topic, so every time he eats, he sits alone and enjoys dinner while enjoying the beautiful scenery of dusk on the mountain. After dinner, Lin Yu took out his old mobile phone as usual, called home to say he was safe, and then went back to sleep in the shed at night.

In summer, it was too hot to work on the cliffs in the daytime, so the construction could only be carried out when the temperature was slightly lower in the morning and afternoon. Therefore, Lin Yu had already got up and had breakfast in the temporary canteen just after dawn at more than four o'clock in the morning, so he began to work under the urging of the foreman.

Arriving at the construction site ahead, Lin Yu tied the rope and was about to float down. At this time, the foreman came up from behind and patted him on the shoulder, He said with a smile: "brother Lin is still a talented student from the University. He is not only skilled, but also works twice as hard as others. Tomorrow, I will talk to the boss to see if I can give you a raise. Today, the hole at the corner under the cliff can only be completed by you. Other people are not as good as you. If they can't drill it for a week, they will have to work hard for you."

Hearing that he was going to drill the most dangerous cliff, Lin Yu sighed in his heart, nodded silently, and then grabbed the rope and slowly fell down the cliff.

The so-called turning cliff is like the back of a book. It protrudes very steeply from the mountain wall. Especially, there is no place to settle on it, so the construction is even more difficult. The construction party has sent several groups of people, but it is still only half completed. The construction party eager to catch up with the progress has to send Lin Yu, a skilled worker, to do this work, hoping to get through the project at this corner as soon as possible.

The safety belt hanging on Lin Yu's body is half a steel rope and half a safety rope specially bought by the construction party for rock climbing. Both the steel rope and the safety rope are firmly tied to the six steel nails on the cliff top to ensure the absolute safety of the construction personnel.

When I got down to the turning point of the rock, I could not help frowning when I saw the bare cliff Linyu. Especially the mountain wind here is much stronger than that elsewhere. I hope nothing will happen later. The drill has been tied to the rope and hoisted down. Lin Yu climbed over and hugged the drill with his body, pressed the drill bit on the cliff with his body strength, and aligned the drill bit with the predetermined position. Lin Yu buckled the switch and chiseled on the cliff. The friction between the drill bit and the cliff suddenly made a harsh sound.

At this time, Lin Yu, who was hanging on the cliff, did not realize that a small but more than ten meters long crack had been opened in the rock he had drilled during previous explosions.

From the morning to noon, he climbed to the top of the cliff and rested for several hours. In the afternoon, when the sun was weak, Lin Yu went down to the cliff again to continue his previous work. When Lin Yu finished the rock with twice the workload, it was already sunset.

When Lin Yu was drilling the last hole, he suddenly felt that the drill bit he was holding vibrated suddenly in the harsh noise of the drill. He felt that Lin Yu was not alert and immediately turned off the drill bit. Everything seems to be normal. Except for the roaring peaks, the roaring river water under the cliff, and the sound of other construction workers drilling in the distance, there is nothing unusual on the cliff.

Suddenly, Lin Yu felt a violent vibration on his feet when he stepped on the cliff, and then the mountain burst like a "click click".

Lin Yu instantly realized that this was the prelude to the collapse of the mountain. He immediately looked up and shouted, "pull me up!"

As soon as the voice came down, the whole cliff made an earth shaking noise, and the upper part of the protruding rock where Lin Yu was located fell off the mountain. Lin Yu, who was lying on the rock, was like an ant. He could only watch the ten thousand ton rock slide down the mountain with his body. However, the steel rope and safety rope tied to him could not protect his safety in such a natural disaster, and had already broken under the huge gravity of the rock.

The foreman standing on the top of the cliff watched Lin Yu disappear in the huge landslide. He was scared out of his wits. He circled around the top of the cliff like a headless fly. After half a ring, he came to his senses. His hands trembled and took out his mobile phone to call the police for help. Although he knew that Lin Yu was brought down the cliff by such a huge mountain, even if he was not drowned, he would be crushed into meat sauce by boulders. Calling for help could only bring him psychological comfort.

The movement of the landslide was earth shaking and terrifying. Some construction workers not far away were walking towards the top of the cliff, and the construction workers on the top of the cliff shouted "help! Help!".

On the cliff, the chickens flew and the dogs jumped, but Lin Yu, who was thrown into the river by the boulder, was like falling into hell. Because he held the drill bit stuck on the cliff with both hands, he was not killed when he fell into the river. After falling into the water, Lin Yu didn't wait to react. The whole person was pressed by the boulder and sank to the bottom of the river. He could only watch the dark boulder on his head and take himself to hell!

In this desperation, Lin Yu suddenly saw a piece of silver glittering at the bottom of the river. In his panic, he saw that a huge silver saucer was sinking on the riverbed. But before he realized what the dish was, the boulder on Lin Yu's head was like a fly swatter, pressing Lin Yu's body against the dish.

There is no doubt that the dish shaped object is the UFO flying saucer that makes science fiction fans all over the world crazy! When Lin Yu's body touched the UFO, the silver shell of the UFO instantly absorbed part of the blood from the wound on his body.

5