Chapter 1.2
5.4k 20 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Despite them being villains, their offer seemed attractive to me since once I was back in my world, then I wouldn’t have to worry about them or my promise anymore. 

 

I considered it for a few moments, putting my hand on my chin, a reflex habit.

 

“So?” prompted Farans, gesturing with her hands.

 

“Sure, I’m in,” I said. “My power is stealing those of others temporarily, but the cost is quite high.”

 

“What do you mean cost?” she asked, puzzled. This was the second person who claimed not to know about power costs, so it could be that they worked differently here. It would be better  to know more.

 

“Sorry for being kind of ignorant. I am kind of a special case. How did you get your powers and how do powers work in general?”

 

“I got them through my parents, like everyone else. But, I guess that’s not what you are asking. My ancestors were used as test subjects back when the serum experiments were still happening, got lucky and survived the dismal survival rate, and here I am benefiting from their devilish luck.” She smiled at that. 

 

This seemed to be a reality were humanity had developed powers through science instead of them being given by that alien son of a bitch. A reality were things were switched around and women were more like men and men more like women.

 

“And powers just work,” she shrugged. “Nobody knows shit, despite many eggheads and spiritual charlatans claiming otherwise. But, one thing for sure, there is no cost… or at least no cost that we are aware of. How do you not know this?”

 

“Like I said, I’m a special case…” I said, trying to stall for time and find a good lie. “Due to certain life circumstances, I’ve kind of lived under a rock for most of my life and only recently found I had powers, but they come with a terrible cost.”

 

“What’s the cost?”

 

“I don’t want to say.” The last thing I’d want is her reporting my powers and them preventing me from using them or experimenting on me to figure out the origin of my power.

 

“That’s unfortunate. I am well known for my honesty and integrity—you can trust me,” she grinned, putting a hand on her heart.

 

I smiled despite myself, but my mask hid it. 

 

She must have seen my eyes crinkling with mirth through my yellow lenses, because she said. “I don’t think it’s fair of you to hide your beautiful smile from me, plus I’ve already shown you my pretty face.”

 

“I think I’ll keep it on.” I answered.

 

The smile on her face disappeared, replaced by a frown. “I was asking politely, but I really will need your address or some other form of guarantee that you won’t disappear on me when it’s time to do your part of the bargain.”

 

“Look, I’m a man of my word. I’ll do your job, okay.” I won’t.

 

“I wish I could believe you,” she said. “But I’ve been lied to before, so you either give me something to work with or we don’t help you. Your choice.”

“Whatever,  I’ll take off the mask.” I said, unclasping it.

 

When it was fully off and my face visible, she acted amazed. “Woah! My heart almost stopped.” Her tone was playful and I almost smiled despite myself.

 

She took out her phone and prepared to take a picture. “Say cheese!”

 

I didn’t say cheese. 

 

Once that was done, she put her phone away. “All done, now stay here for a bit and then we’ll go to the information broker.”

 

She speed-walked to a room and disappeared inside a room to the right.

 

Then after some time, she came back, dressed in her villain outfit—a black bodysuit with red armor panels covering it and a black domino mask. 

 

“Let’s go,” she said, placing a hand on my lower back and pushing me gently.

 

When I looked up questioningly, she had her characteristic playful look about her, but it was also sort of asking for permission, asking if I wanted to keep this going further.

 

Was she hitting on me? This was a world that seemed to be matriarchal, were women were more aggressive. And this just seemed like something one of my male friends would do when picking up a girl (I’ve always had trouble picking them up on account of my body, they always yell ‘I’m not lesbian!’ or something along those lines).

 

Even though being escorted by a girl feels a little weird, it does feel good to be chased, to be wanted—it’s been a long time since I’ve had a girl drop into my lap like this without me having to coax and cajole her or pay money for food and drinks.

 

Seeing that I am not removing her hand and am in fact receptive to her advances, Farans grins like the cat that caught the canary and grabs me by the waist, pulling me in tight against her side so we walk side by side in a hug. People in the street stared at us and took pictures; if there is one thing that gathers more attention than superhumans it’s superhuman couples.

 

“Would you believe me if I said I fell in love with you at first sight,” she said close enough her hot breath tickled my ear, but just far enough to not come off as desperate. “I know that it sounds cliche…but it’s true. When you took off your mask, my chest felt weird.”

 

I raised my eyebrow. This all felt like cheap pickup lines. You’d have to be an idiot to fall for these. “Are you sure it was your chest that was feeling weird and not your pussy.” I said, my voice humorous. To punctuate my statement, I trailed one of my hands down her abs—the  effect was somewhat lost due to the armor panels, but she still stared hypnotized—down and down, until I reached her sex, and flicked her clit.

 

Her response was immediate, she created a red forcefield box to shield us from prying eyes, tore away my mask, and crashed into me, kissing me desperately. 

 

Her hands roamed all over my body as we kissed, grabbing my ass, fingering my butthole; caressing my dick and balls; and even my nipples, twisting them and pinching them. It felt fucking weird and I had to struggle to push her away, since she kept trying to continue. 

 

I had to wipe away all of the saliva dripping down my mouth. “What the fuck!” I yelled. “Why are you fingering my asshole and pinching my nipples?! Don’t do that weird shit!”

 

She looked confused and angry. She struggled to compose herself and not scare me away, but from the looks of it, it was taking her some effort. “What are you talking about? All the guys I’ve been with like- I mean, sorry, you should have told me before if you weren’t into that and I would have accommodated you.” The anger was gone now and her expression turned pleading, “Look, let me try again and we’ll do it right, exactly like you want.”

79