Chapter 11
123 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So, what do you say?” Asked David.

“David, we haven't tried this game with my last before? I don't know if we can do as you say. Besides, you guys found this dungeon, it wouldn't be right for us to share it halfway." said Arthur.

When David saw Arthur's indecisiveness, he knew he needed to nudge him a little.

“Come on man, We went hunting together I know how good you are at hunting, If I'm useful you'll be better off than me. As for the division, it would be best to have it half and half, after all, half of the load will be yours. “

“Okay okay, but it can't be split in half. How about 30/70?”

"No no, that would be unfair to you."

"My friend..."

Just as Arthur was about to refuse his friend's offer again, a voice came from the kitchen.

"Dinner's ready," a shout interrupted their conversation.

It was Emily, Arthur's wife.

"Let's eat first, then we'll talk again," said Arthur, getting up.

David followed his friend into the kitchen.

Not long after, Max and Heim arrived in the kitchen and sat down at the table. When everyone got the dishes on the plates, Emily turned to her Son and asked.

"what you two guys were doing in the room."

Max and Heim were the same age and went to the same school. So They knew each other and were friends.

“We were talking about the last broadcast of Samurai. Mom, do you know that you can capture ruined cities in the game. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few kings pop up already.."

“There is still time, haven't you seen the requirements? Even to enter the dungeon, you need to be level 12, besides, you need a team of 20 people,” said Heim.

“What are you guys talking about?” asked David.

“Samurai! Some kind of streamer found a Dungeon middle of the run-down city. According to the alert, whoever clears it gets the city and  lord title.” Heim answered.

“Oh, that's interesting. We also saw some kind of town, didn't we? Maybe after this dungeon, we should try that one too.” David said.

“Oh you guys really getting into deep then,” Arthur said while smiling.

“I hope not alone, my friend,” David said and put his hand on Arthur's shoulder.

After they ate, David and Arthur went into the living room and continued their conversation. Although they couldn't decide how to share the loot, they agreed to work together.

David stood up to leave, not wanting to prolong the conversation any further. They needed to get into the game and hunt monsters as soon as possible. After all, they had to be level 5 before they could enter the dungeon.

After deciding to meet at the game half an hour later, Heim and David started walking toward their home. This journey did not last long because their house was 100 meters away.

—-------

At the edge of a gently flowing stream, the wind stirred tree leaves.

David, on the other hand, was silently watching his prey in front of him behind a bush by this creek.

David put the arrow on the bow, stretched it, took aim, then let it go.

The arrow quickly flew towards its target and stabbed into the crocodile's neck.

As David put an arrow back into his bow, another arrow pierced the crocodile's body from a different angle.

But these arrows were far from dealing a fatal blow to the crocodile, and the crocodile drove its body against the rocks, breaking the arrows, and began to look for a target to attack.

The crocodile did not have to wait long. Because two men armed with spears and swords were coming towards the crocodile.

The crocodile eyed its enemies, who were slowly walking cautiously towards it. But this quiet time did not last long because two more arrows had pierced his body. Realizing that waiting any longer was death, it decided to attack the targets in front of its eyes.

"Be careful," said Arthur, and left Heim standing beside him.

The crocodile attacked with all four feet towards the nearest target. It seemed to realize that if it did not kill its enemies soon, it would die.

Anticipating this attack, Arthur set his spear in a stabbing position and waited for the crocodile to come within attack range.

When the crocodile opened its mouth and got closer to him, he pushed the spear with all his might. The spear pierced the crocodile's open mouth and nailed it to the ground.

“Now Heim!” Arthur shouted.

On the other hand, Heim had already slipped behind the crocodile without being noticed, but at Arthur's shout, he suddenly rushed towards the crocodile. As he got closer to the crocodile, he jumped up to the pinned crocodile and thrust the sword into the crocodile's thick-skinned head with all his might.

This blow was enough for the crocodile to take its last breath.

"Heim, you're getting better and better at this." ' Max shouted to Heim, standing at the top of the tree, bow in hand.

"Arthur, I see you got this spear thing pretty good too," David said.

"Haha, let's say I watched a few videos on YouTube."

Max came down from the tree he was standing in and joined the others.

“Did you level up? “Heim asked.

Max opened the status window to answer this question.

"Yeap, I've finally reached level 5."

They've been hunting monsters like crazy for the past 2-3 days which equals to one week in game-time. David and Heim were already level 5 since they started before Max and Arthur and continued hunting for them to catch up.

There was some pride and some joy on the faces of the four of them. Being level 5 was not easy. David and Arthur had taken annual leave and spent all their time playing, except for sleep and food. But they finally succeeded.

"Did it drop something?" asked max,

 

On this question, Heim looked around the crocodile. And he found some copper coins.

“Luck did not smile at us again,” he said and showed the group the coins.

"Oh, that doesn't matter, if we can grab a book from the dungeon, we've hit the jackpot," said Max.

"Yeah, but we better hurry, the prices of the books are starting to drop, the last book sold is down to 22 million."

David looked at his son, not knowing whether to laugh or cry at his son's words. He was talking like $22 million was candy money.

"Okay okay, let's not set our expectations too high though," said David, so that his Son would not be upset if the results did not turn out as he had hoped.

"I'm tired," said Arthur.

When tiredness was mentioned, signs of fatigue suddenly appeared on everyone's faces, which they did not notice with excitement.

"Hmm, why don't we get some rest first, we all need a good night's sleep. We'd better get in the dungeon our best shape," said David.

Everyone nodded in agreement with what David said. And after they said goodbye to each other, they left the game.

1