Chapter 2
35 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Street vendors were shouting and trying to sell their goods, and delicious smells were rising from the food stalls. The sun was just beginning to descend from the top to the west.

It had been a few hours since Edward had started walking the Streets. He was looking at everything around him with amazement and curiosity, like a child in an amusement park. Of course, he still had a hard time believing what he was going through, he even thought that he would wake up suddenly and realize that it was all a dream. But with every passing minute, he also accepted that it was real as he studied the actions of the people around him.

Finally tired and hungry again. The food he ate in the other world did not fully satisfy him, and he decided to eat something in this world.

The stalls opened on the street sides for food seemed to be the most ideal. After looking around for a while, he caught sight of the counter run by a woman in her 50s. Steam was rising from the woman's stall, and she was selling a ramen-style meal.

Edward walked slowly towards her. "Hi, how much is a bowl?" he asked.

When the woman heard the voice while she was wiping the counter, she looked up at him and said "Welcome, 5 Gerr, sir" and smiled.

'Oh shit, I forgot they used a different unit,' Edward thought.

“I have these coins with me, I am a stranger to these lands, would you accept them?” He pulled out a few coins from his pocket and handed them to the woman.

The woman looked at the coins the man in front of her was holding out. These coins looked pretty pure. Normal coins were pretty dirty and had lots of stains on them, but these coins were pretty clean and seemed pure metal.

"Why not, sir, please sit down, I'll prepare a bowl right away?"

“Oh, thanks.”

Edward sat on the small stool in front of the stall and waited for his meal to be prepared.

The woman expertly and quickly prepared the ramen-like dish. It hadn't been 5 minutes before Edward had a steaming bowl of food in front of him.

With the help of chopsticks, he took his first bite. The taste of ramen exploded in his mouth and spread throughout his mouth. It was a delicious meal.

As Edward had his full focus on the food in front of him, a commotion came from behind. He turned around without getting up from the stool he was sitting on to understand what was going on.

"What do you think you're doing mortal". Edward looked at the young man who was arrogantly yelling at the man lying on the ground, blood coming from his mouth.

The people walking in the street stood aside and watched. There was fear on everyone's face. It was as if this wasn't the first time this had happened to them.

When Edward looked a little more carefully, he saw the food stains on the standing man.

The man lying on the ground fell to his knees. and began to prostrate towards the man.

"I'm really sorry, master cultivator. I didn't do it on purpose."

"Not on purpose, huh! Okay, I'm on a good day today. Raise one hand."

The man lying on the ground turned white as soon as he heard these words.

"No, please lord cultivator, I have kids and I have to work if-"

"Should I say 2 hands, mortal, you make me repeat what I said"

As soon as the man on the ground heard these words, he understood the situation he was in. Reluctantly, he slowly raised one hand upwards.

Edward was watching the events unfold before his eyes. The man standing was a cultivator, at least he understood it that way. And the man lying on the ground had accidentally spilled something on him.

The man lying on the ground had his hand raised, and the Cultivator reached for his sword. Then suddenly, the raised hand was cut off by the sword and shot up into the air. Blood began to gush from the man's cut arm.

"Aaaah." The man lying on the floor grabbed his amputated arm and let out a scream.

"Maybe that'll teach you to be mindful of where you're going, Mortal." Said the Cultivator, haughtily and with a smile, and turned and walked away from the street.

When the Cultivator left the street, those who were watching the sidelines and who knew the man lying on the ground rushed to help him.

Edward watched the whole thing without breathing. Then he remembered the man he had bumped into when he first came into the world and realized how lucky he had been. He didn't know what he would do if he collided with a cultivator like this.

Edward was still in shock, walking the streets everything was beautiful and exotic but he had completely forgotten that this world has different realities. This event showed him where he was and how dangerous this world could be.

When he turned his body back and saw the half-eaten ramen, he knew he didn't want to eat anymore, his appetite gone. He wanted to leave this world as soon as possible.

“Thanks for the meal,” he said.

"But you didn't finish it, or did you not like it?" said the woman. Trying to ignore what happened.

"No, I liked it a lot, I'll definitely come back to eat again," he said, and put down the coins and left the counter.

Edward quickly found a quiet back street where no one else was.

"system, let's go back to the other world"

"Oh wait," said Edward. He realized a mistake he had made. When he came into this world, he suddenly disappeared in the middle of the park on other side. Doing such a thing in the middle of people probably attracted attention.

“System, has anyone seen my disappearance on the way here?” he asked.

Edward wondered if the system could answer that question.

 “The disappearance of the host was captured and uploaded to the Internet by a few teenagers shooting skateboarding videos. Congratulations, host, you've earned a little reputation!”

 'Fuck, I hope this doesn't give me a headache later. System, can you send me back to the other world, if possible change my clothes and be in a place where no one sees"

 “Of course host”

Edward suddenly found himself in the other world. This place looked like a place in the back streets of New York.

Edward walked out of this alley, his hoodie pulled over his head so that his face wouldn't be recorded by the cameras. As he walked the streets of New York with the crowd, he began to think about his next step. He was supposed to design a game, but he didn't know how. He had to talk about it with the system. But first of all, he had to find a place to stay.

 

When he checked his wallet, he saw that he had the last $35 left. There was no way he could find a place to spend the night with that money.

 “System, is it possible for you to pay me to spend the night?” he asked jokingly.

 Although he did not think that the system would help in this regard, the system had surprised him a few times already,  he wanted to try his luck in case he would encounter a surprise again. 

'One of the missions of the system is to keep the host's life in the most ideal condition for making games, host please check your pocket'

 When Edward realized something had appeared in his pocket, he reached into his pocket and pulled it out. As soon as he took it out, he immediately put it back in his pocket. It was a stack of $100 bills. He looked around and no one seemed to notice the money.

 'system, I think I'm starting to like you."

 'I don't have enough access to reciprocate these feelings, host.'

 'Wait, what? Can you gain feelings?'

 ‘Host can decide how I evolve while gaining a level.”

 Edward decided to discuss this in detail later and set out to find a hotel. He soon found a hotel and took a room.

Edward walked into the room and threw himself directly on the bed. By the end of the day, he was quite tired. He thought about what had happened in his head. He was dead. And it was reborn with a system. There was even access to a fantastic and dangerous world of Wuxia. He has decided to stop going to this world for now.

 He was not sad about his death, on the contrary, he was happy. He was working on a game he didn't want. Another ruined idea that was made by the shareholders to ask themselves 'how to make the most money.

 

But now he was in a situation where he could work entirely according to his own will. There was also a system that could help him on this path.

 And as he thought about this, his eyelids grew heavy and he hugged the sweet embrace of sleep.

0