Chapter 4
28 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The weather was quite nice since it was the end of spring and the beginning of summer. The trees were trying to absorb the life essence provided by the sun with all their strength. The birds were courting each other by singing.

A light breeze blew and ruffled the hair of the man in his 50s, who was lying on the lawn and watching the sky. He lay where it all began.

This lonely and relaxed state of the man did not last long when a boy of about ten or twelve came up to him and began to stare at him. The boy couldn't take his curiosity any longer and asked.

"What are you doing uncle?"

The man turned his head from the sky and looked at the boy.

“I am celebrating.”

“Celebration?, What are you celebrating, uncle?” he said curiously, for he had never seen anyone lie down on the grass celebrating.

The man smiled.

“The game I've been working on for 30 years is finally over, So I am celebrating that,” the old man said.

“A game? But games with one-” The boy's words were cut short as his mother approached him.

“Jason, why are you bothering the old man?” she said in a low voice, walking towards her son.

Just as the child was about to respond to his mother, he realized from his mother's gaze that he had done something wrong. And he knew it was best to stay quiet in these situations.

When the woman came to the child, she took his hand and turned to the old man sitting on the ground.

"I'm sorry on behalf of my son, I hope he didn't bother you." said the woman, embarrassed.

"No it's not a problem." said

After the woman apologized to the man sitting on the floor with her son again, they turned and walked away.

After this little incident, the man straightened up, placing his hand on his knee. He shook off the remaining grass with his hand and started walking.

“I could never get used to old age, even getting up from the floor became a struggle,” he said.

“Hey system, I hope you're right about this lifespan extension. I've devoted almost all of my life to finish the game, and I haven't even been able to live properly.”

'Host don't worry, a portion of every minute spent in the game will be added to your lifetime.' said the voice in his head.

When Edward found an empty bench in the park, he sat down and watched the artificial lake in front of him. Although nearly 3 years have passed in this world, this was not the case for him. Time flowed completely differently in the interface he designed the game. 10 times faster to be precise. Almost 30 years had passed since his rebirth, and the game he had been working on day and night was finally over.

The man took one last deep breath and spoke.

"Hey system, let's get started."

“Host, are you sure you want to release the game_?”

“Yes,” said Edward.

" Approval has been received."

I'm getting ready to release the game 'Unity'.
10
9
8
7
6
5
3
2
1

Congratulations to the host, Your first game has been released successfully.”

When the system's speech was over, a storm started that would ravage 2 worlds.

----------

People around the world were going about their normal lives. The clocks in New York showed 9:44 in the morning.

A screen appeared in front of people all over the world at the same time, and a voice began to speak. Since this sound was automatically translated into all known languages, it could be understood by everyone.

“Hello, game 'Unity' is released. To play, please check the screen in front of you. CAUTION! Your body will go to sleep when you enter the game, make sure you are in a safe and comfortable position before entering.”

This message was broadcast to all people in the world at the same time.

Edward looked around and see many emotions on the faces of the people in the park. Panic, Curiosity, Fear.

He overheard involuntarily as the two young men sitting next to him.

“Dude… did this happen to you too? Or am I going crazy?"

The man sitting next to the young man who asked the question answered excitedly.

“Isn't it some kind of game announcement?”

"Yes. Is this something like SAO or something?"

Edward knew from the boy's question that he was a fan, too, and it brought a smile to his face.

"Shall we try?"

“Wait… what if there's such a thing as being trapped inside the game, I think we should go home and read other people's comments. If there is no problem, we will try.”

After these words, the two young people rushed up from the bench and walked away.

Such conversations took place in many parts of the world, especially among young people. The elderly, on the other hand, were trying to make sense of what happened, as they were unfamiliar with these issues.

Edward stood up and started walking, ignoring what was happening around him. He needed a drink.

After walking for a bit, he got out of the park and took a taxi, and started going to Ell's Place, a quiet bar, which he went to when he took a break from designing the Game.

When the taxi arrived in front of the bar, he gave the taxi driver his money and got off.

He liked Ell's Place, as it was usually pretty quiet during the day. He opened the door and entered. As expected, there were only a few people at the bar. These were either alcoholics or people who were looking for a quiet place like himself.

The owner of the bar, Elliot, was behind the bar counter, staring at the television with the remote in his hand.

Edward sat on an empty stool and saw what was on the television. The White House official was making a statement.

Elliot turned the TV a little louder to hear what was being said.

"We do not know where this message and the game came from and by whom it was broudcasted, so we warn all our citizens not to enter the game or touch the screen that appears in front of them"

“Yes, we can move on to Q&A.”

Before she could answer, Elliot turned off the television.

“Fuck off, they don't know shit. First the epidemic, now this game. That's where the world is going." he muttered, turning his head from the TV to see Edward sitting across from him.

“Oh, Ed, when did you arrive?”

“Now, you didn't realize you were focusing on the TV.”

“We live in crazy times, my friend, in crazy times. As usual?” he asked.

When Edward nodded, Elliot prepared a whiskey with ice and placed it in front of Edward.

“Ed, man, is it just me, or are you aging faster and faster?” he asked jokingly.

Edward was in his early forties when he first came to this bar, and a year later he was now in his fifties. So this question was not so absurd.

“It seems to you, Ell. “he said and asked to change the subject.” So, are you going to play?"

“Nah, let the idiots go and check if it's safe first, and then maybe I'll try,” he said and laughed.

Edward joined in the laughter. Because he was tracking the number of these idiots alive. 7 265 313.

And with every passing second, a few thousand more were added.

2