Nipped in the bud.
754 4 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I have a better idea..." Hana said, explaining her plan, as I watched in admiration.

It was so simple, and yet just pure genius by the standards of this retarded world.

Not that I disagreed.

Confirming their roles, they picked up their guns as we made our way down the valley.

Once we were at the backside of the facility, Hana scooted over to a junction box, and activated her power causing fire alarms to blare across the facility, employees evacuating in fear.

Now that's an easy way to clear out a facility!

"Alright. Let's go." She said, climbing over the wall.

Following her, we crossed the wall and walked in the back gate, climbing the fire access, into the facility.

"Did you shut off the cameras?" I asked, worried.

I can't be seen here. Not now. Not unprepared.

"Of course I did. I'm not an idiot." Hana replied, opening up a secret walkway hidden in the wall, leading below the facility.

"Now remember to put on your earmuffs. I don't wanna have to fight you guys under mind control, because if I have to, I'll kill without hesitation." Hana warned.

We all nodded in agreement, pulling out our earmuffs.

"The vault is that way," she pointed, putting on her ear muffs, "third left from the corridor. I've opened it for you. You take care of the virus, we'll deal with Bennet and co."

I nodded walking down the stairs as the secret door closed behind me.

Walking into the underground base, I took the first right, instead of left, and made my way to the holding cells beneath the facility.

Pulling out a pair of earmuffs myself, I put them on before turning the corner, lest I fall under the influence of their resident mind controller.

And I was right to do so too, for just as I opened the door to holding cells, she emerged from one of the rooms, holding what looked like a food tray.

Spotting me she panicked for a bit as I pulled out my laser pistol.

She moved closer, hesitantly and shouted something at me only to get no response.

Then she spotted the earmuffs and dread ran cold on her face.

She turned to run, before I shot her, first in the hip, liquefying half of her left leg, as she fell on the floor screaming in pain.

The second shot though, got her in the head, ending her misery.

I walked over, and looked at what she was carrying.

It was a food tray stained on the edges with paint.

Paint?

Odd. Who would eat while paint-

Oh. Ohohoho! Today's my lucky day, it seems.

A smile creeped up my lips as I peeked into the room she had exited to find a man mad with vigor, painting furiously on a canvas, the exact scene that had taken place before me.

Yup. That's him. Isaac Mendez, the precog painter, one of my highest priority targets. And he was shit out of luck.

I strolled in, right beside him, and blew his brains out, before pouring his paint all over the other paintings he had made, ending one threat to my plans before it even began, nipped in the bud.

Man this was easy, easier than I expected!

One precog down, two to go.

Walking out of the room, I returned to the holding cells, eyeing the prisoners, checking their names off my mental list.

The German, a magnetokinetic murderer, Flint Gordon Jr, a pyrokinetic robber, Knox Washington, the sadist who becomes stronger with fear.

All the worst of the worst.

All soon to be dead.

I opened the first door, as the German stood up from his bed, looking at me curiously.

"Wat is zis, another test?" he asked.

"Nope. It's your death." I replied, just to see his reaction.

Unfortunately, he remained stoic and unmoved, looking at me with bored eyes, as he flung his hand, gesturing at the gun.

When nothing happened, however, he tried, again and again, fear slowly building up in his eyes with each attempt.

"Can't break it? Good. I made it with non magnetic materials. I would be surprised if you could actually do something to it." I laughed, mockingly

"You're just fucking wid me aren't you? You enjoy watching me whimper? Beg?" He asked, with a shaky voice.

"Yup. That's right. That's the face I wanted to see. Goodbye now." I said, shooting him dead.

Entering another cell, I found Knox Washington, the sadist with fear empowerment as his ability, already up by the edge of the room, having realised what was happening.

He used to torture people half to death to get a fix of their fear, like a drug high.

Now he was scampering at the edge of his cell begging for his life, just like his victims. If I had a moral compass, I would have found some sort of catharsis in this. Unfortunately for him, I had none and he was just a temporary plaything.

"Look man, just ...just leave me. Please. I'll do anything just please..." He begged.

"Anything?" I asked.

"Anything man, just don't kill me...."

"I see..." I said, pretending to think about it as he began to scoot by the wall, attempting to get out.

"Nah." I added, turning his head into a doughnut.

Next, I entered the cell of the big dummy, Flint Gordon Jr, who looked ready to fight, flames bellowing on his palms.

Looking at him with raised eyebrow, I asked.

"You got a sister, Meredith by any chance?"

This caught him off guard as he nodded.

"Yeah. You know ma big sis? Did she send ya?" He asked.

"Yes, actually she did. She's made it big outside and she wants you to join her. Come on out bud, let's get you home." I said, as his eyes lit up, and he followed me out, rushing ahead as I shot him in the back.

"Wa - hy? why?" he muttered, coughing up blood.

"What? You really thought I would let you out? That you were the special snowflake? Fuck no. Im going to kill everybody here today. No one's leaving alive bud." I said, leveling the gun to his head, killing him.

One by one, I entered the rooms shooting the occupants dead, as I deep cleaned the scum out of the facility.

All except one. Sylar. I don't know how they managed to capture him, but here he was. Sedated out of his mind.

He had his uses still, so he had to be left alive; to induce character growth in Hiro Nakamura.

Character growth which would then place Hiro at the head of his father's company, giving me access to one half of the GMF superpower serum formula.

Ideally, I would have liked to use the other prisoners for my own benefit too, but knowing them, they'd be more likely to stab me in the back the first chance they got.

And I certainly can't afford to have their powers fall in the hands of Arthur Petrelli in the future. He was already too powerful with just the three powers he'd already absorbed. If I wanted any hope of getting that GMF serum, I was going to need to eliminate as many of these expendable power boosts from him before it's too late.

Once they were all dead, I double checked, and double tapped, before leaving the cells, and heading for the vault.

"Third left, third left...here." I muttered, turning the corner of the third corridor and coming across a giant metal monstrosity of a door, swung open, laying bare the wealth of art and gold, among others within it.

Entering it, I began to go box by box, checking every safe, for anything of value, and more importantly, the two things I came here for.

One I found in the topmost safe at the end of the room.

A sleek black suitcase, stowed away with a case file.

The half of the GMF formula that gives people superpowers!

Pulling it out, I closed the safe again, making it look like nothing had changed before continuing the search.

The second item was far easier to spot, soon after though.

In a chest high dropbox, secured in foam and elastic packaging, lay a pinkish green, translucent set of test tubes, labelled SV - 03.

The Shanti Virus, Gamma variant. The deadliest bioweapon available in the world.

Picking the whole apparatus out of the box, I placed it on the floor, before opening a portal back to my room. Transfering the two items over, I closed the portal back up, but not before securing one vial of the virus, as a cover story.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find the old, leftover GMF serum from the 1970s. Which meant I would have to make a fresh new batch of my own.

But that's no biggie. With a proper lab, everything is possible.

Once I had accomplished my objectives, I rushed out of the vault, closing it behind me, hoping to catch up to the others before they got killed.

They all had their role to play in the future.

Well not all. Hana was supposed to die, but I could use a technopath right about now, helping forge a fake ID for me in America, so she wasn't without her uses. I could always kill her after she had done the job. Not like I was gonna leave any technopaths alive to threaten my machines.

Grabbing the pass card from the mind controller's corpse, I opened the door leading up and out, and followed in the footateps of my companions, hoping I wasn't too late.

30