Monster Girl Archive Entry 004: Marrazzo Dee [IMAGE]
335 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

vVJV8oZ.jpg

 

Marrazzo Dee, also known as Archeo-Fossil Sharkman

Based on: Original

Appears In: The Monster Girl Heroines

Classification: Humanoid, Armor Donner type

Racial Family: Sharkman

Lifespan: 120 average

 

Observation name: Archeo-Fossil Sharkman, and common name: Marrazzo Dee, these are amphibious Imaginal with the ability to appear as a humanoid or a merman-type creature. Marrazzo Dee were said to be born from the 'bone' shards of a long-dead shark god. This nature can be seen in the 'skeleton' of a shark that they can don over their bodies at will. 

 

Physiology and Unique Traits

The 'shark' in the room must be addressed. Contrary to the belief of many Marrazzo Dee, sharks, Imaginal or not, do not have 'bones.' Then what are the skeletons they grow over their bodies? A very solid magic emanation. The skeletons do use up physical nutrients to fuel their growth, but at their root, they are just magic that looks like bones. This nature best explains how Marrazzo Dee can produce and reabsorb said skeleton. It also explains why a malnourished or mana-deprived Marrazzo Dee cannot don their skeletons--ones researchers call archeo-fossil exoskeletons.

As amphibious Imaginal, the Marrazzo Dee can breathe underwater and have little difficulty maneuvering. With their archeo-fossils on, their underwater capabilities increase tenfold, with the added note that they can fully equip their archeo-fossil to appear as a bone-covered shark.

As a creature that dives into the depths, the archeo-fossil is durable enough to withstand extreme pressure. This trait informs a Marrazzo Dee's combat abilities, as their archeo-fossil allows them to take many hits before showing any signs of wear. In some worlds, the Marrazzo Dee is recognized as the most dangerous 'Hunter of the Seas.'

 

Disposition

Despite their terrifying silhouette, Marrazzo Dees have dispositions similar to Paradise Mermaids. In other words, many tend to be kind. This may have to do with the fact that the Marrazzo Dee understand the god they originated from to have been a benevolent one. Some Marrazzo Dee even go on to say that their god loved them so much, it gave up its bone to protect them. With that understanding, is it any wonder that Marrazzo Dees tend to lead peaceful lives. That is not to say that they have an aversion to combat. 

In the same way that their god gave them the bone to shield them, it also gave them teeth. Marrazzo Dees observe that fact by being willing to thoroughly tear apart any hostile parties in their territory. The thought is that the more enemies that are defeated, the less their bone will have to shield them from.

This thought becomes even more pronounced when a territory has many young Marrazzo Dees. The most dangerous time to attack Marrazzo Dee societies is when the children outnumber the adults. At those times, the Marrazzo Dee become significantly more proactive in their defensive efforts.

 

Marrazzo Dee in the Imaginal Realms

Many of the Imaginal powers of Marrazzo Dee-harboring worlds have gone as far as to place special considerations on Marrazzo Dee settlements or majority populations to ensure that they are not poked during a critical time. As Marrazzo Dee tend to inhabit water-dominated worlds, having to contend with these hunters of the depths will put any seafaring population at a severe disadvantage during wartime. Some worlds, perhaps through serendipity or by intervention, have some races of Imaginal that can contend with the Marrazzo Dee, but those races usually have no reason to engage with them. The reason for that is a strange one. The races that tend to be able to put the Marrazzo Dee in check, themselves also have their origins traced to the significant intervention of some aquatic god.

To this day, the observers of the Imaginal Realm do not fully understand why this is so.

 

 

Not really a monster girl, but an armor girl. I've always wanted to incorporate this kind of race into a story of mine, so I'm doing it here!

 

8