Episode 36: The Days That Should Never End Part 2
134 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An Amazing Day--there could be no other description for it.

I opened my eyes and was greeted by a gentle, motherly voice.

"Still enjoying your time here, Mister Fain?"

"Ahh, Dehlia." I smiled at the kind woman looking down at me. "Yeah, this is great."

She giggled. "Is my lap comfy?"

"Oh, definitely. This is heaven."

I was lying down with my head on Dehlia's lap. Amazingly, I was lying on warm sand and was in beachwear. That's right; we were at a beach. A real beach! Svilran and the girls earned something wild from beating the demons--we got a beach. A warm, summer-appropriate beach!

Unlike the rest of the Hero Hub, we actually had a sky that would fit in a tropical world. The actual beach water was just a few feet away, and the others were there laughing and playing. Me? I was happy to be relaxing on Dehlia's lap. This was the best. And no nightmares!

Dehlia wasn't so excited about the beach. That made sense, though--she was living next to a beach just a few days ago. That she was willing to sit with me beneath a beach umbrella was awesome.

I glanced at her body.

"Wow..."

She was really toned. She was really womanly too, and just as otherworldly. I was close enough that I noticed her gills. Or something like that. They were right below her chest. It was kind of cool how they moved in time with her breath.

I watched her as she hummed and looked out toward the beach.

"Do you miss it, Dehlia?"

"My home? Well, yeah, but I died," she said, her eyes still on the beach. "I spoke with Svilran; I understood how lucky I was to breathe again. I miss my home, but I understand how blessed I am. I'm Dehlia of the Hero Hub now, and I'm ready to finally live an epic life." She glanced at me. "Please ensure that I can become legendary, Fain."

"A-ahh, yeah, sure."

She started stroking my head gently. "Next time, I want to be able to make those Neo-Demons flee with terror. Please find a path you can guide me down."

She stole my breath, the way she was looking down at me with kind eyes. She made my heart beat like crazy. I must have looked so stupid.

"Understood, Dehlia!" I enthusiastically said, a wide smile on my face.

"Oh, and if the option ever appears, I'd like to check in on my son. Would that be okay?"

I chuckled. "Of course..."

"Mister Fain, I can't help but notice that your eyes keep wandering to my chest."

My cheeks ran hot. "Oh--uhh, sorry, I kept--"

"I know... they're pretty big, aren't they?" She wore a sultry smile. "Do you want to keep looking, Fain?"

"Uhh..." I said like an idiot. My mind stopped. I didn't know what to do.

She thumbed her strap, her smile becoming more intoxicating than I could have imagined. The cup of her bikini fell just a little.

"Do you want to see more, Mister Fain?"

I rolled off her lap and stood up a little hunched over. "Oh, you know what? I think Svilran called me--"

"I didn't hear her," she said with a giggle.

"No, no, she definitely did!" I ran off quickly and slid into the beach. "Wow, I was way more panicked than I thought possible..."

"Fain! You're here!" Svilran called. Her white two-piece was beautiful. I wanted to hug her.

"Oh, Fain! Hey!" Kanae said. She had fashioned a micro bikini out of the special film she could produce. Well, it was appropriate for the setting, so I wasn't going to make a fuss about it.

Elma got my attention with her black one-piece. "Fain, catch!" Elma said as she tossed a beach ball toward me.

"O-oh, jeez!"

I got in position to catch the white ball falling toward me, but then--

"Huh?"

It turned into a watermelon and landed square on my head. I fell back into the water.

What's going on?

I should have hit the sand, but I was still sinking.

I opened my eyes and looked around.

How, since when?!

I was in a deep ocean. There was no beach here. I was falling into the depths. My chest burned. I needed to breathe, but I couldn't move. The watermelon was on my body, sinking me deeper.

I closed my eyes as I struggled and tried to hold on. Then I felt someone grab me by the shirt.

"That won't work this time!"

I opened my eyes and saw the surface of the water mere inches from my face.

What the--

I was yanked out of the water in the next forceful move. I flew out of the water and landed on my knees in the next second. My hands gripped the ground as I coughed out water.

"Huh, wait..."

I opened my eyes when I felt something weird.

"Grass?"

I was kneeling over grass. How was that possible? I was at the beach just now.

"Fainn."

A familiar voice had called out to me. I looked behind me and was surprised.

"Dorthaunzee?"

The woman behind me was gray-skinned and had long silver hair. Her green eyes seemed to glow as she looked at me. She had her mouth covered by white bandages and was wearing a solid black gown that seemed to disappear into the floor. My eyes landed on her chest.

Those are large.

Her chest--how was that tight gown restraining those?! Hold on--

No, those are REALLY large.

I got on my feet with a groan and glared at the woman.

"You're not Dorthaunzee."

She looked at me, narrowing her eyes as she did. "I'm not sure how to feel about how you came to that correct answer."

7