Monster Girl Archive Entry 002: Dying Light Terrorizer [IMAGE]
2.7k 6 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Spoiler

WAWBOnw.jpg

[collapse]

A strange Imaginal. Where exactly did this come from truly? No respectable scholar actually knows. We simply know it exists.

An Imaginal known to wander one of the Paths Between—The Deep Trenches. This female-only race of Imaginals manifests as humanoids wearing attire similar to those the religious humans would wear. Their most striking feature is the lantern that dangles above their head on the lamppost that extends from their back. This lantern is said to reflect the Dying Light Terrorizer’s health. When it is bright and vibrant, the Dying Light Terrorizer is in good health. Conversely, when it is waning or flickering, the Dying Light Terrorizer is in dire straits. The second feature one is likely to notice is the Terrorizer’s lack of a mouth. It has been noted that they do have a gullet, but the only times their mouth is ever exposed is when they are imperiled. Some theorize the lack of a mouth helps the Dying Light Terrorizer survive in the Deep Trenches.

Another little-known fact about Dying Light Terrorizers is that they have a unique method of communicating. They speak by attaching spores to another and communicating telepathically through the channel the spores establish.

These Imaginal, with kindly appearances lacking monstrous features, and harboring timid dispositions, seem like they may be approachable, but take heed, Imaginal Traveler. These Imaginal are plagued by an Abyssal Curse. Within their bodies stirs a monstrous force that they spend every waking moment trying to hold within their body. In the case of the Dying Light Terrorizer, their Abyssal Curse takes the form of massive tentacles that are prone to shooting out of the Imaginal’s body when the host loses their concentration. These tentacles—an entity in and of themselves—have a symbiotic relationship with their host, and while they care not for their surroundings, they WILL try to protect their host.

Dying Light Terrorizers are devoted to an Ancient Elder of the Deep Trenches—■■■■■■■. These devoted Imaginal spend most of their time alive praying to said entity, the thought being that it is the prayers that assist them in keeping their Abyssal Curse under control.

No one is sure how these Imaginal came to be, nor do they know whether these Imaginal always worshiped the Elder of the Deep Trenches. Was the garb they wear something that came about because of their worship, or did the garb indicate they were prone to worship creatures? Do all Deep Terror Terrorizers worship the same being? If so, then why? These are some of the many questions concerning Dying Light Terrorizers. 

Those who encountered Dying Light Terrorizers and survived typically give the same advice. ‘Do not engage; simply let them be on their way.’ If the Terrorizer is threatened or critically injured, its Abyssal Curse will rampage and destroy indiscriminately. In this sense, Dying Light Terrorizers are just too volatile to keep around in any meaningful fashion. They are at their most peaceful when they are alone, and giving them their space only ensures continued peace for all who cross them. This, of course, makes it difficult for one to study them, but safety should always be paramount.

One final question plagues this writer—does a Dying Light Terrorizer wish to be alone?

62