Day 14
85 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day 14,

I had the most horribly vivid dream last night.  Nightmare, that’s the better word for it.  For what felt like hours I was wandering through dark narrow tunnels and narrow graves.  Trapped and with no apparent way out of the seemingly endless warren.  The most horrid part of all was that in the vividness I was convinced I had been somehow transported the same way I came from wherever I was before to the Village.  Was this something supernatural again, or just the natural product of sleeping in an unfamiliar place after my encounter with the shades and Vernon’s description of the Catacomb Depths they spirit people away to?

Whatever the source, it kept me from sleeping well and shook me enough I’ve had trouble concentrating all day.  Vernon could tell that something was off in the morning and offered to let me stay in his home for the day to try to get some more rest if I wasn’t feeling well but I politely declined.  I figured going back in and continuing my work at the library would help get my mind off of it.  I was mostly right.  Think I’m going to go home early today.


There were dried muddy barefoot prints on my porch and inside my front door when I got back.  They didn’t go more than a few steps inside though and I don’t think anything is missing or out of place.  Not that I felt up to doing a thorough search, so I could be wrong.  Maybe whoever that was on the porch the other day took shelter here from the shades last night?

Urgghhh…  I don’t know.  I planned to write more tonight but I’m just not feeling up to it.  My own bed is calling.

 

5